PDA

View Full Version : New Thread Posting Approval?

Kynessent
01-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I tried to post a new thread like almost four hours ago. The page after I hit to post said something about my post needs to be approved first, and then it had a button to click to "proceed" back to the forums.

Is this something new? its been awhile since I started a new thread and I dont remember it needing approved the last time. Like I said, its been almost four hours now and post has yet to show up... is it supposed to take this long? Did it not go through and do I need to try and repost it? I even asked a friend that uses the forums and she's confused as well...

I guess we'll see if this posts...

Hime no Toki
01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
It needs to pass through the filter first, a lot gets stuck in there so a mod (such as myself) will have to go in and either approve or deny. Most will get approved, unless it's spam or not following forum-specific rules.

guitargirlts9
01-30-2013, 09:40 PM
How long does it take for posts to get approved/denied? Is there a rule on what needs to get mod approval because some of my posts go through immediately while others get denied saying they need to be approved first (and how long does approval take)? I understand I'm new to the forums, but when can I get my training wheels removed?

Speed Grapher
02-19-2013, 01:39 PM
How long does it take for posts to get approved/denied? Is there a rule on what needs to get mod approval because some of my posts go through immediately while others get denied saying they need to be approved first (and how long does approval take)? I understand I'm new to the forums, but when can I get my training wheels removed?

I'm running into the same thing. Short little posts go through, but anything with substance takes a while.

Robock
02-22-2013, 07:54 PM
I'm glad this thread existed. I posted a new topic and my screen stayed blank, so I posted it again and got a message that it was a duplicate thread. At least now I know it didn't crash but my thread is simply waiting for approval :)

Goma ♪
03-15-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm trying to sell some cosplays, and I also got that message too..
So is it that longer one get caught up?
Makes sense, I guess.

KazTheKitsune
06-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Do we get a message if it's approved/denied? It's been 8 hours and I haven't seen anything. It was a long message though-- it's my first post.

Hime no Toki
06-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Everything has been cleared. :)

KazTheKitsune
06-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks!

Brandikins11
06-28-2013, 01:56 PM
I tried posting two of the same thread yesterday because it wasn't getting approved...then I made a new account today to see if that was the problem. Made same thread, didn't get approved.

I'm trying to find someone to commission a cosplay for me by mid-September so I'm no longer going to waste my time here because the filter is screwed up.

Hime no Toki
06-29-2013, 02:48 PM
You cannot make a request to commission or make something unless you have 1) at least 10 posts and 2) have been on the forums for at least 30 days.

On average, I delete about 200 posts A WEEK that don't follow Marketplace rules. I wish I was making that up, but I'm totally not. :|

DireKitty
06-30-2013, 06:52 AM
You cannot make a request to commission or make something unless you have 1) at least 10 posts and 2) have been on the forums for at least 30 days.

On average, I delete about 200 posts A WEEK that don't follow Marketplace rules. I wish I was making that up, but I'm totally not. :|

I thought maybe that rule was buried, but nope, super easy to find...

"1. The Cosplay.com Marketplace is a free service available to all registered and active Cosplay.com members who have been members of Cosplay.com for at least 30 days, and who have at least 10 posts in the forums."

Then again, people never read....

danqo
06-30-2013, 09:31 PM
So, I'm new to this site and I tried to post in the Cosplay Suggestion section but it hasn't shown up and its been several hours o_O

Hime no Toki
07-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Everything is cleared.

TheRealZain
07-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Tried getting the ball rolling yesterday with some questions and such in the Construction area. That was 15+ hours ago.

It really takes this long?

Hime no Toki
07-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Sorry, I do work a full time job and last night I had guests over. I try to get to the queue at least once a day - around this time - and sometimes other mods are not around to do it, so that leaves just me. I will be going through to clear up anything in there - thank you.

Neonr0se
07-21-2013, 06:07 PM
I don't mean to thread jack, but did my Commissions Wanted post I made last night get stuck in the spam filter?
My account meets all the Marketplace requirements but I'm not sure if maybe I did something wrong?

Hime no Toki
07-22-2013, 12:18 PM
All clear!

Rinoa_324
07-22-2013, 11:03 PM
I posted for a wanted commission but I just saw the rules (sorry, haven't been using the site very much until recently...) so I have to have at least 10 post and been on the forum for 30 days? Alrighty. I'll be patient and wait :)

Hime no Toki
07-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Yep! Sorry but those are the rules. :( I will have to delete anything that doesn't abide.

Rinoa_324
07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
No it's ok i understand :) rules are there for a reason, so i'll just be patient and wait. Luckily my convention isn't till next year so i got a bunch of time. Thank you for confirming with me :D

JohnSlapfoot
07-24-2013, 01:51 PM
I posted yesterday in the Commission Wanted section and it still hasn't shown up yet ;_;. Does it just take a while to get approved, or did I break some rule that I couldn't find. Sorry to bother you peoples <3

Hime no Toki
07-24-2013, 04:28 PM
It has been cleared:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=327334

GilnoKoibito
08-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Oh wow!

I never saw that rule about having the 10 posts...I went straight into the 'Commissions Wanted' thread and read the 'What to expect' post as I didn't think to scroll down from the main Marketplace forum so I didn't even notice the Rules thread was posted there. >_<

And here I've been waiting and wandering why my post didn't show up! It's what led me to this thread, glad to see it wasn't just some problem with my post getting eaten or something though. lol

I just wish I had of saved all I wrote now! It was...lengthy...There wouldn't be any way to recover my post so I could save everything into a Word file or something for when I do meet the requirements is there?

Hime no Toki
08-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Unfortunately I cannot recover it. :(

GilnoKoibito
08-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Unfortunately I cannot recover it. :(
Oh no! :(

Oh well, thanks for letting me know so quickly! :)
I guess I'll just try and remember how I wrote it (or, if I'm *really* lucky Lazarus may have saved it (but it tends to fail me when I really need it. >_<)
Thanks for letting me know though! :)

Hime no Toki
08-22-2013, 01:01 PM
I wanted to give a head's up that I am having issues with the queue portal not accepting my approval. I might have to manually approve everything which will take...a while. I wanted to let everyone know who might not be seeing their posts. It may have to do with the site changes going on. Thank you for your patience.

tutuleprime
08-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Are our comments still there even if they haven't been approved yet?

Hime no Toki
08-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Yes, I just cleared up yours since you asked but I'm getting through the rest of them still. :)

SimpleOnigiri
02-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Hi~
So I've been trying to post and reply to people on the forums and some of my posts have to get approved. Now, some of the posts I did over a day ago and they still haven't shown up. I am not sure why mine are taking so long to get approved? At this rate i'll never reach 10 posts and i'll be stuck at 4 posts forever. I should at least have 8 by now but they're all stuck trying to get approved.. ; o ; Is there any problems happening?

Michi
02-05-2014, 12:58 AM
The queue was a few days backlogged, sorry about that. We're still all just volunteers here with busy lives off-forums. :( I've cleared it out, so all of your queued posts are up and visible, SimpleOnigiri. :)

Ri0ta
02-09-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm new here and I registered here only to ask for advice and does it mean that if I'm not a member for 30 days my threat will not be posted? That just seems unfair. And I'm waiting for two days already.

JasonTerror
02-09-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm new here and I registered here only to ask for advice and does it mean that if I'm not a member for 30 days my threat will not be posted? That just seems unfair. And I'm waiting for two days already.

Please read the post right above you, if you do you will see they are backlogged a few days..Give them time, they are working for free..Sorry I sound like a jerk, but it was literally the last post..AND it also answers your question..

Also, nowhere on here does it say that your thread will not be posted for if you haven't been here for 30 days..No idea where you saw that

TykiButterfree
02-10-2014, 07:05 AM
What makes some posts come right away, while others need moderator permission? Are there posting rules somewhere?

JasonTerror
02-10-2014, 01:35 PM
What makes some posts come right away, while others need moderator permission? Are there posting rules somewhere?

I'm not 100% on this, but I think maybe the shorter posts are like "ok" or something, like I se the ons that are a first post that will ask "I wanna do this cosplay tell me what to do" no pics no info no nothin, and those post, but the ones that are trying, and like, post a reference and a bunch of info on what they want, tend to get caught..

Ri0ta
02-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Please read the post right above you, if you do you will see they are backlogged a few days..Give them time, they are working for free..Sorry I sound like a jerk, but it was literally the last post..AND it also answers your question..

Also, nowhere on here does it say that your thread will not be posted for if you haven't been here for 30 days..No idea where you saw that

I'm really sorry for the fuss, I was in a hurry, lost and miserable. 3: And I misread the post "You cannot make a request to commission or make something unless you have 1) at least 10 posts and 2) have been on the forums for at least 30 days. "

This is all my fault. I really do apologize. m (u__u) m

FootNote
02-19-2014, 03:39 AM
Annnnd this answers my second question.

Dazreiello
02-20-2014, 03:34 AM
Thankfully I found this thread, I was becoming a little concerned I had done something wrong. In paranoia I keep searching my inbox and my E-mail to see if I get some warning. hehe :o But anywho, I dont mind the wait at all, the mods can take all the time they need. I completely understand how it's like to have to try and maintain something (especially without materiel benefit) while having to deal with the rest of your livelihood.

Jyaki
02-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Any updates on the que back log? I would like to go shopping today for fabric for a con less than a month away. The topic I made is needes to be approved so I can get some feedback.

Hime no Toki
02-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Going through now. :)

Dazreiello
02-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Yea its been a few days since I posted a couple of my first threads. Was getting a bit worried but didnt want to bug anyone giving it as much time as it needs. Was tempted to repost a much shorter version of my Suggestions request thread in accessories, I know I kind of made my post gratuitously large and thought perhaps it was too excessive to go through. Sorry about that.

LadyAngelaCheer
02-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Posted something in the critique thread an hour or so ago. xD Thank god this thread exist. I was about to rage quit.

Hime no Toki
02-27-2014, 04:38 PM
I've been going in there several times a day - all clear.

Dazreiello
02-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Sorry to bother, I finally got my suggestions post approved recently however it was placed far back in the forums because it technically was posted on the 19th so no one might be able to see it at all. In this instance is it appropriate to 'Bump' the thread? or should I just leave it be?

Hime no Toki
02-28-2014, 12:13 PM
You can repost again - sometimes this happens in very active threads.

DaggerHawk
03-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Is there a way to know for certain if a thread gets denied? (other than it not posting, of course). I'm unsure if mine is still awaiting approval or if I flubbed up somewhere and my post has poofed forever. It would also be nice to know for future reference.

Hime no Toki
03-06-2014, 10:45 AM
The queue is being glitchy right now. :/ It won't let me 'mass approve' posts, which happens now and again so I have to literally go into each thread and approve. Takes a while, but FYI in case you posted something and you don't see it yet. :)

Ranma344
03-11-2014, 12:18 PM
So it's been about 3 days and I've not seen my post, should I be thinking maybe they got deleted?

Also, how many posts must you make before this filter stops messing with you?

Hime no Toki
03-11-2014, 04:48 PM
All clear, anything you can't see was deleted. Honestly most posts get through, about 98% when I go on my spree, so you should be good to go!

Ranma344
03-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Thank you very much, all of my posts have appeared. I appreciate it.

Necr0maNceR
03-13-2014, 12:50 PM
So, how do you know if your thread has been denied? I posted a thread in the Sewing/Fabric Craft section a few days ago, and it never appeared. I thought that I must have posted it in the wrong section or something, so I posted a modified version in the Cosplay Tutorials section last night. Now, is my thread still in the backlog waiting to be approved, or was it deleted again? If so, I would like to know why it was deleted so I can fix it. As things stand, if a thread of mine doesn't appear and I'm not told if it's been deleted or why, how am I supposed to know what's wrong?

Hime no Toki
03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
All clear, I saw a few posts from you and pushed them through. :)

SlaveXero
04-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Would it be possible to have my posts on my thread pushed through? This site is wonderfully constructed with the exception of the message filtering system. I can appreciate that it's here to prevent unwanted spam and/or posts in the wrong forum, but it's more of a deterant to visitors than anything. I'm a veteran collector in the vintage mask community and to prevent misplaced posts, a moderator approved filter is only implemented in the Classifieds section. If Moderators can not Moderate on a more frequent basis to assist you then perhaps Mod duties need to be deligated to different members that can patrol the site more frequently. That way the site can remain fresh and the threads interactive. If someone has to wait several days just to see their post listed in response to another's then that's a thread that's going to become dead in the water fast.

Laffingstock
06-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Trying this again? My posts aren't showing up anywhere, even in this thread...

Hime no Toki
06-02-2014, 08:21 PM
The queue is cleaned up now. ;) I've been preparing for Colossalcon and leave tomorrow until Sunday night, with no access to the site, but for now it's clean. :D

iammitchconner
06-06-2014, 12:38 PM
I posted a Prop that I made in the Costume Critique section 2 days ago and still haven't seen it on there. I'm very new to the forum world and I may have done something wrong.

Admin
06-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Should be showing now

Akunei
06-10-2014, 12:50 PM
None of my posts are showing still.

Hime no Toki
06-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Sorry to anyone whose posts are stuck in Lala Land, but I am back from vacation and sorting through things now. :)

Akunei
06-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks Hime!

I just can't wait for the 10 post limit is over. ; w ; Its really frustrating when I type in a block of text for a forum only to get an error message.

Fenarth
06-12-2014, 07:26 AM
I have a post that needs to go through, Thanks! : )

Admin
06-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Got it :)

Kasurin
06-17-2014, 09:47 PM
What's the longest post approval can take? It's no problem really and I understand y'all have a lot to sift through I just want to know how long to wait before trying again (in case it was me or my faulty internet connection) so I don't accidentally spam
Thanks for all of the work y'all do!

tygerchickchibi
06-17-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm glad i found this thread, I tried to post in the AX forums due to a family emergency, and I didn't know if I was even posting to the right area. In addition, I tried to PM a mod but I kept getting a blank page.: =/

I made 2 threads today thinking I messed up one because I pressed the back button on my browser...I hope I can get an update asap~

Fenarth
06-18-2014, 02:59 AM
Another post -_-;;

Is there a point at which I don't need my posts moderated? Its fairly annoying at this point :bigcry:

Hime no Toki
06-18-2014, 04:38 PM
All clear!

Akunei
06-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Guys, your first 10 posts are moderated. Then you are home free. :]

katzmeow
06-22-2014, 01:23 PM
So, I'm new to this site and I tried to post in the Cosplay Suggestion section but it hasn't shown up and its been several hours o_O

I'm having a similar problem except it has been almost 24 hours since I posted.

Cidate
06-23-2014, 01:11 AM
I have a thread and a post waiting approval, is it okay to post here about those or should I just wait patiently? ^^; I made them a few days ago.

Fenarth
06-23-2014, 01:30 AM
I have 10 posts now, but my 11th post got moderated out

Guys, your first 10 posts are moderated. Then you are home free. :]

Hopefully its because its my 11th?

Lem Drop
06-23-2014, 12:44 PM
I made a thread in the Wig section, if that helps. I hope the post itself didn't sound too odd, since my wording is fairly formal on its own. Apologies for the bother.

Hime no Toki
06-23-2014, 04:39 PM
Cleared up. We're having quite a bit of cosplay store spam coming on so it takes longer to filter through everything.

Zerole
06-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Will we be notified if a thread isn't approved? I'm just asking because I created a thread earlier this morning asking for advice/review on a cosplay set by Fan Plus Friend that I'm thinking of getting.

Hime no Toki
06-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Notifications will not go out, usually it takes up to 48 hours for the thread/post to appear after you post it, depending on when I can get to it. :)

mickeyh
07-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Hi, I was wondering if you can help me out. I am trying to sell my cosplay and I can't see to find a link to make a new thread in the market place. Can someone help me out? I am new and I am sorry for intruding this thread.

ThatgirlD
07-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Hi! I'm having an issue where my reply posts to already existent threads don't seem to be posting as it says I need mod approval. I'm not sure how long it should usually take but its been a day or so. Could you please help? ^^; Thank you!

ExCosplay
07-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Hi, I'm fairly new here and posted a thread or so a few days ago, I haven't seen them posted, so I was wondering if something was wrong them. Sorry if I'm being a bother to you.

tokiiko
07-13-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm having the same problem. I started a thread a couple days ago in the sewing/ fabric craft topic and it hasn't showed up yet.

Floating World
07-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Hi, I'm fairly new here and posted a thread or so a few days ago, I haven't seen them posted, so I was wondering if something was wrong them. Sorry if I'm being a bother to you.

I had the same question. If there are topics that are not permitted, maybe a sticky with some guidelines for that would save everyone some trouble?

sarahrah
07-13-2014, 09:45 PM
I posted the same post twice by accident (forgetting the first post had to be approved and I thought it hadn't been posted at all), but seeing as both posts were topic-relevant and neither of which has appeared yet, I'm kind of ???? in the dark about this. Would love an explanation. Unless of course its just too early, but I posted hours ago...

Klash
07-13-2014, 11:47 PM

This - except instead of a thread, I have _3_ pending replies in my thread in the contact-lens forum that haven't been approved, people in the thread are thinking I'm mad and being a butt, when I'm really very grateful... if a mod sees this can you _please_ approve them? T_T

Hime no Toki
07-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Everything clear as of yesterday evening and I'm going through again, some weekends I don't get to log in to the site at all so there might be a longer wait time. :/

ThatgirlD
07-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Hi! Sorry to trouble you again but could you please approve my posts? They keep getting caught up in the "mod approval" filter. :( Thank you!

milkcosplay
07-18-2014, 11:50 PM
i've tried to make 2 separate threads about a problem that im running into cosplay-wise and they aren't going through, this kind of sucks because i'd like to have some input on this topic and it's super hard to when i can't even post the thread to begin with x__x

in addition a lot of my replies to other people's problems aren't going through/are taking a long time to get approved

Zerole
07-20-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm still waiting for approval for a thread as well, I was just asking for some paint advice for a sword proper in the "Props/Accessories/Armor" forum.

MoF
07-23-2014, 05:27 PM
I think that some topics have been locked like I was trying to post up I had a room available due to my roommate plans falling through but I couldn't bump it. But then again it seems to have been locked due to someone bumping their own topic every day to put it to the top of the list.

Sometimes management decisions can be confounding.

Rinyuki
07-24-2014, 12:26 PM
I really don't get this website one bit is being almost two weeks since I post ( TWO ) forums and there no were to be seem after all. I understand that your probably doing something better but that doesn't explain why when I reply a Forums it show up in no however when time I replay another forums yesterday it didn't show up :blubber: Can someone please clear those files :waaaah:

Hime no Toki
07-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Finally got through everything. I left for a few days and it got chaotic. ;_; Sorry!

StitchsLoft
08-03-2014, 06:15 PM
I am having same issue, new here but not new to this type of board? Trying to help others posted some pics of examples but they are not being cleared? Then a simple answer on same thread posts immediately???

Hime no Toki
08-05-2014, 04:43 PM
That's how the filter works, certain things will trigger it. I am going through every evening when I have some free time to clear everything up. :)

Cidate
08-11-2014, 02:55 AM
Sorry to bother again, I made a thread yesterday, but it hasn't been approved yet. ^^; Should I wait longer?

PaupauSenpai
09-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Ah, a thread like this exists...;w;
...So, I've made a few posts a few days ago, and none of them have appeared...is it always going to be like this?? x~x

MirniMausi
09-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Your posts might have gotten caught in the spam filter. Try contacting a mod about it so they can check :)

PaupauSenpai
09-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Okie dokie!! Thank you ;u;/

Pat Pebble
09-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Hi!
It looks like one of my posts is stuck in the queue. Can anyone help?
I pmed a mod, but I'm not sure if I should contact all of them one at a time or not.

Pat Pebble
09-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Oh, thank you, whoever fixed it for me! Yay!

JasonTerror
09-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Just so people are aware, there are only a couple mods now..Like 2 I think (don't quote me on that lol) so approving the posts and clearing the queue and all that takes longer now..Kinda sucks for the new people since the older members don't need to worry about it..It wills top after a little bit..

Daigorō
09-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Thank you for the heads up JasonTerror, i think i have a couple posts waiting to get un-spammed. Roughly how long do i need to have been a member to not get filtered away?

Sinnocent
09-10-2014, 02:45 PM
I believe once you've hit 10 posts.

RabbleRouser241
09-15-2014, 03:35 PM
posted a thread saturday and its still not appearing....

FaeryTail
09-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Is there any way I can check the status of a reply (I've made two in two days, both mysteriously disappeared) and/or of a post? Or find out, if they were in fact rejected, the reason/s why?

Admin
09-15-2014, 04:40 PM
I've gone through and caught them up for you guys, the posts should appear now. :)