PDA

View Full Version : Captain Jack Harkness coat?

cyborgninja42
01-17-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm looking for a coat that I can use for my Captain Jack Harkness cosplay.
I need something that's not too expensive ($70 or less) and preferably, could double for Sherlock. It doesn't have to be exactly the same, just a similar color and style.
I'm pretty small, and I would like it to be a women's coat.
Any suggestions?

(By the way, I'm new here, so I'm talking kind of formally. I'll loosen up more later. Sorry.)

PSY-chan
01-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I don't have any specific things I can recommend. However, word of advice is to wear a men's/boys coat. Men's clothing looks and fits differently than women's.

cyborgninja42
01-17-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't have any specific things I can recommend. However, word of advice is to wear a men's/boys coat. Men's clothing looks and fits differently than women's.

I'm not trying to do an exact cosplay, more of a fem!Harkness. Men's coats are pretty much always too big for me and don't fit me right.

PSY-chan
01-17-2013, 06:38 PM
For genderbent cosplays, yeah, a women's coat will be fine. Try Amazon and eBay. Or thrift stores in your area.

patriciarakel
01-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Thrift stores are your friend. I've found many awesome things that I've used for cosplay in thrift stores. Also, don't overlook coats that are a little too big. A lot of the time, things can be taken in to fit your proportions.

UncleTim
02-09-2013, 11:29 AM
For Captain Jack, I'd really recommend looking in military surplus stores as well. Many times you can find some good military greatcoats in various sizes that would fit the bill, as well as the captain's slides that go on the coat's epaulettes. While finding a women's coat of that style in those places is a bit trickier, it can be done.