PDA

View Full Version : Question about thread removal

Maester Seymour
03-02-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm looking for newbie cosplayers to join our cosplay group, and I thought it would be fine to post in newbies section since that's what we're looking for. but my thread got deleted, why? I know i should post in the seeking cosplayers cuz thats what we're doing but in order to attract the attention of the newbies I imagined it would be fine. ::shrugs:: ~~John

Admin
03-02-2004, 08:59 PM
It probably got moved into the seeking cosplayers forum, if it was moved somewhere. Our policy is that any solicitation of members, whether for commercial purposes or not, must go into the appropriate forums. We're very strict on this from the get-go so that we don't have to judge each instance as it comes along. If you're looking for cosplayers for a cosplay group you're starting, seeking cosplayers is the only place. If you're looking for cosplayers for anything else, the spam board is where it belongs.

ZiggyB
03-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Maester Seymour: I posted to your secondary thread in the Newbie's forum and then deleted it, I was hoping you'd get the email notification.

Anyway, I was just saying that we don't allow crossposting, in multiple forums. Since you were essentually posting the same thing in two forums. I deleted the one in the newbie's forum. Since are you are seeking cosplayers and you did have a post in the Seeking Cosplayers forum that seemed to be the right place for it.

Sorry you didn't get the notice, I'll PM or something the next time that happens.

Studmaster
03-02-2004, 10:21 PM
The Seeking Cosplayers section is the apporiate place for this type of post. Check out that board to see if it moved their. If not then make a new post.