PDA

View Full Version : ANBU from Naruto?

Tevina
03-02-2004, 10:22 PM
hey I'm considering making an ANBU costume for me friend. Problem is, I can't find ANY pictures or screenshots of the ANBU peepz! I'm looking for the ones where they are in their big cloak like thingies with the hood. (The stuff that they're wearing when the 3rd Hokage is fighting Oro on the roof). Anyone know where i can find some good reference pics of ANBU? (Btw: Not Kakashi when he was an ANBU; cuz they wear different stuff). Thankies!

Eleryth
03-02-2004, 10:49 PM
There's a few headshots of Kabuto here: http://www.endless-hosting.com/~narutok/gallery/Screenshots/files.php?dir=Yakuushi%20Kabuto&page=2&max=2

Basically, I think they wear the usual black and grey/white anbu outfit, with just a normal, large-sized black cloak on top. I don't think it's anything other than that. You can find cloak patterns from simplicity, mccalls, and more. Try www.sewingpatterns.com or visit your local fabric store.

Also, this webpage has boots: http://www.party-party.co.jp/fanjine/cosplaygods/n_anbu_andaru.htm Looks like anbu boots might be higher than normal ninja shoes. Couldn't find feet shots, so I haven't any input on that.

Good luck.

EDIT: Found this page, too. Enter, then multimedia. Pick an ep. Episode 69 has a few. http://www.narutoex.com/#

4z]\[ _ 13oI
03-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Eleryth u r0xXx0rz!!!
but do u have any info on the ANBU soldiers, the normal ones with out the cloaks? im nopt sure how to make the armour, in cosplay do people usually make actual hard armour, or do they just make it out of cloth? cuz im out of ideas for the armour

Eleryth
03-25-2004, 05:57 PM
People make it out of whatever they want to. If you watch their movement (meaning, watch an episode and pay close attention to that vest piece), I think it's more of a thick padding than an armour. I haven't seen anyone make a real anbu vest yet - most use a cut up t-shirt or tank-top to get that look. If you want more details, search this thread for "anbu kakashi" - there's a whole thread on it (even if you aren't being kakashi, most of the information is the same).

Best thing to do is try to sketch out yourself what you think it looks like, where the pieces are, what materials you'd need, the pattern shape, etc, and then attempt one out of scrap material (bedsheets work well) to see how well your pattern works.

The arm/leg guards, you could use foam with plastic sheet, just foam, cardboard, fiberglass... search props forum for some ideas.

Good luck with everything!

pyrosam
04-21-2004, 05:52 PM
hey I have a picture of the anbu soldier here hold on

Tranquility
04-23-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm going to be part of an Anbu group and we had a hard time finding pictures too. My brother made some screenshots and found a couple pics from the anime though. We still don't have any good ones of the bottom of the robe. Hope this helps. (^_^)

blargh
04-26-2004, 12:52 AM
when i made my cosplay for anbu i mostly used pictures from the manga as reference pictures. also i had someone screenshot anbu members from the anime. there were some good pictures from the anime. for the vest type body armor that the anbu have, i made mine out of a not shiny vinyl type material with no extra padding. there's a picture of my vest/body armor with the mask. for the black shirt that the anbu wear under the vest/BA was a turtle neck sleeveless shirt.

on3_w1ng3d_4ng3
04-26-2004, 01:25 AM
You could try the pictures of the ANBU team in ep 79 when they're watching Hayate's grave. The chick with the purple hair is scary when mad btw....

riot_o_curls
04-26-2004, 05:44 PM
do you know where screenshots of ep 79 are?

Eleryth
04-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Try http://narutoex.com/ or www.naruto-kun.com for images. Since ep 79 is fairly recent, they might not have any up yet. Just be patient, I am sure it will come eventually. The other option would be to obtain the episode, and do screen caps on your own or just pause the screen and sketch things out.

EDIT: Looks like naruto-kun is doing a site overhaul. They had a great gallery before, let's hope it will be up soon.

gaidensensei
05-02-2004, 01:05 PM
blargh can you get a close up of that vest? I'd like to see it closer so I can get a better view of what it looks like materialwise..
Where did you get such non-shiny vinyl material?

blargh
05-02-2004, 05:30 PM
i got it from joanns i'm sure you could find it at any fabric store i imagine. i'll try to get a closeup picture once i find out where i put my vest XD

pyrosam
05-03-2004, 04:10 PM
my freind "kaori-chan" got the fabric for the costumes in a joan's fabric store... and does anybody have any clear shots of what the boots look like .... all of the ones Ive seen are blury... :miffed: tank j00 :japan:

Kisndy
05-03-2004, 06:35 PM
I was wondering what kinda materials people used to make the ANBU masks out of?

Eleryth posted a link above for boots:
http://www.party-party.co.jp/fanjine/cosplaygods/n_anbu_andaru.htm

I couldn't find a good screen shot though :P sorry

pyrosam
05-05-2004, 04:51 PM
I thought the boots were the normal boots with like an attachment... *like sasukes arm thing but black* but anyway does anyone know oe to make a really really really good anbu mask... besides paper mache' cuz some people in my "secret naruto group" need to know

paruto
05-07-2004, 03:47 AM
hmm... i would also like to know how people make their masks. all masks i see at craft stores are too textury to be ANBU masks. the anbu masks seem to be very flat/roundish without any parts protruding out for the nose and other such parts.

Kurai Kaze
05-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Actually, a lot of the masks have the muzzles of the animals popping out.

Exclave
05-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Damn...I just saw the Akatsuki robe that Itachi wears on that site that Eleryth posted. Looks pretty good, except that it's some kinda shiney material...

Uzumaki83
05-08-2004, 10:44 PM
I got more screenshots of that Anbu hottie (anime ver. of Psylocke lol)
These are the types Uchiha Kurenai's looking for.
There are some shots of the backs of the outfit, with katanas.
For those of you ladies who want to cosplay as an anbu, please feel free to go as the anbu chick (don't know her name, Hayate's lover) She's so fine lol

pyrosam
05-20-2004, 09:10 PM
how do their swords stay put on their vests?? and how do their masks stay on??..... also aren't their four to a group not 5

Eleryth
05-20-2004, 10:08 PM
If you can find screen shots of the back of the vests, there's a loop up near the right hand shoulder, to keep the katanas in place. There's probably another loop at the bottom left, but I never noticed that. I think it holds the sheath, so the sword comes in and out. You can see it in the ep where Kabuto is after Sasuke, then falls out the window after 'fighting' Kakashi.

No idea about the masks. Chakra maybe...but since we can't do that, you'd probably need an elastic. For dark hair, use a black one (or color/dye a white one).

pyrosam
05-21-2004, 02:18 PM
ooooh I just saw a picture of a girl that crossplayed as haku.... she had elastic bands that were glued to her mask and wrappe aorund her ears so you didnt see them across her head but it stayed in place.... I dont know if that helped or not.... and I have one last thing to beg of you people ::gets down on knees:: how do their black/white cloaks fasten... is it a zipper or a button up... or one piece It looks to me like a zipper or one piece with a stitch down t3h center

Dai_Katana
10-19-2004, 08:25 AM
I dont know about the cloaks they look like zip up with a flap that folds over to cover the zipper. Im thinking this because i have a jacket that produces the same effect and functions similiarly. For the mask. Im using a jason mask with the holes filled in with Super glue (im a wiz with it!) and painting over it ive only filled the holes thus far im going to paint it tonight if all turns well it should only need clay to get the desired animal i want. (p.s. ne one know what clay sticks to plasitc well and drys good?)

Daala
10-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Here's the vest Kerochan and I made >> (post) (http://www.kitoutpost.com/otakon/blog/archive/2004_09_01_index.html)

Kerochan used a wig head to make the mask, I'll post a image soon. We found some clear bead elastic to use for the masks, you can hardly see it.

hikarilight
10-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Oohhh~ That website seems helpful :D *checks it out*

janmurphy
10-24-2004, 11:29 PM
OH pyrosam mentioning Hakus mask just triggered a memory, there was a thread on Hakus mask a bit ago. I think Hakus mask is the only one I have a design shoot of from the back, but theres NOTHING there to connect it. So mostly it was decided that the bestest way would be two small hooks at the temples of the mask, that would hook over the forehead protector. By hooks I mean those flat type, maybe the ones you see that hold cords down, those wouldnt hurt your head. Youd be a but outta luck if your anbu design had the headprotector somewhere other than the head though, or bandana-style.
Just thought Id add that as I see it as useful.
I dont think Im gooing to make a mask myself, I have a cute little paper fox mask from an Inari shrine, I figure Ill just use that. Im planning mine for January or February.

Eleryth
10-25-2004, 12:44 AM
You can buy those paper masks at the 100 yen shop, too... I assume they're basically the same thing. That's where I bought mine. I'm just painting over it when the time comes. It's already mostly white, but the paint isn't thick enough to cover all the lines. No time now... after Christmas!

Looks like we might be making the same thing at the same time. Yay! Someone to compare notes with!

You making Kakashi?

janmurphy
10-25-2004, 04:28 AM
Ohh are you doing genral anbu? Just you? I got mine at the shrine because it was the Fushimi Inari shrine in Kyoto, you cant walk away from there without a fox! Im using my Naruto wig and doing anbu Naruto, I might dress it up a bit like you see some of them do at the cons.

As for the 'lets hook our masks to our hiate' idea, umm my bad, but I have yet to find a picture of an anbu with forehead protector ON, so I guess it would only work for people like me who are gonna wear the protector anyway. I aint going for accuracy.