PDA

View Full Version : Question about Number of Guests on the Boards

DigitalCactus
03-03-2004, 03:23 AM
I know this had been an issue a while back, but it seems to be that it has risen up again. I've noticed that the number of guests is either not much less than or close to equalling the number or members online... Why is that? Its kind of wierd having non-members wandering around. Why are they lurking if they obviously aren't members? Magazines tend to rip off pictures from this site and riddicule us using photos from here or in my case ex girlfriends/stalkers that read my buisness that shouldnt be since they loathe anime and cosplay with a burning passion etc, etc. or peruse my galleries asking who every single one of my friends are and why am I talking to them and not her .. heh even though its obvious XD

Sorry getting off topic. heh Wouldnt want to do too much of that. That's a no-no at least until a new and improved Off-Topic board is up... ANYWAYS

I recall that for a while people were linking images that were uploaded to their member galleries I jsut wanted to know what was going on... Perhaps making registration a bit stricter or... I know there was the InstaBan policy that was implemented (haha I love that word!)Instaban... hehe But what seriously is causing the sudden flood of "guests" is my real question.

Admin
03-03-2004, 04:29 AM
It's visitors from search engines. Last I checked we get a couple thousand a day coming to the forums and they show up as guests.

DigitalCactus
03-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Ah yes... search engines...