PDA

View Full Version : Takarazuka makeup?

Ali
03-04-2004, 03:44 AM
Ah... excellent thought for a forum... as I wanted to ask this question anyway:

http://www.kawasaki-rc.com/images/takarazuka.jpg
http://www.japan-zone.com/modern/pix/takarazuka3.jpg

Hopefully one of those will work for ya. ^^
Anyway, I'm kind of hopeless with makeup, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to do this sort of over-the-top theatre makeup. I've had experience in some theatre makeup techniques, so I'm not totally hopeless... maybe... but I'm just looking for some pointers.

Thank you!

mikazuki
03-04-2004, 10:47 AM
That makeup is really simply to do. It requires you to do some highlighting and shading. Notice that around the nose it is darker, the is done with a brown pencil or eyeshadow powder to shade the area to make it thinner. The top of the nose is highlighted with a lighter colorer to bring it out more.

In both pics the people are wearing false eyelashes along with a liquid eyeliner in order to make they eyelashes more pronounced.

As for the eyeshadow... a highlighting shadow is used as a base then a darker color placed in an arch to make the eyes appear larger. Always use a eyeshadow brush when applying powder shadows. Liquid or creams I would suggest using a eyeshadow sponge applicator.

When applying the makeup I'll give you the same tip my acting coach gave me... take the picture you want to "copy" and paste it to the mirror to give a point of reference.

A J
03-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Not exactly on topic, but I looove Takarazuka. Are you doing a costume from one of their plays Ali?

-AJ

Ali
03-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Yeah... I'm doing a Takarazuka influenced Lady Oscar. ^_^
I think I'll pick up some theatre makeup and a brush then... I'm a little bit better with that stuff than any normal makeup I've come across (and it might help to give it that "extreme" look).

A J
03-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Oh cool! So am I! =) Well not influenced, I actually am doing the Takarazuka version. I started it a long time ago but never got around to finishing it. =P

Which one are you doing? I'm doing the light blue outfit she wears when she first shows up in RoV: Oscar and Andre. :: hearts Minoru Ku :: Ok, I'm done being a fangirl. LOL

inertia
03-04-2004, 10:03 PM
I was looking at some big Takarazuka posters recently and what really struck me was the eyeliner. Takarazuka eyeliner is really exaggerated, drawn long on both the inside and outside corners of the eyes. The liquid liner is practically drawn onto the side of the nose on the inside. If you try this, it would be a good idea to practice a few times before wearing it out in public, like right before you wash your face at night...