PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep sequence on?

momo_anzu
03-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Created a new character, maybe one day will cosplay her if I can ever figure this out..

She's from the sea so I was thinking to give her a little bit of "fish-scale" effect. Does anyone know how to keep sequence on without it looking obvious? Thinking of doing this along the neck, eyes, one leg, and one arm?

KuroBara
03-04-2004, 11:28 AM
I'm guessing you mean sequins? To attach them to your skin I would sew them to a mesh fabric, then attach that. It would be very time-consuming to glue each sequin on! You could attach the mesh with spirit gum or another body adhesive. Or, if your design allows, attach it to jewelry or clothing. Sequins don't really look like fish scales though, they look like sequins. Try looking for specialty / prosthetic make-up suppliers, I've seen fish skin kits sold around halloween. Maybe you can get some ideas from that?

mikazuki
03-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Could you be more specific on how you want to wear the sequins? If you want to attach some directly to your skin you could always use eyelash adhesive or maybe spirit gum (sold at costume shops).

ssmitty
03-04-2004, 06:02 PM
You can use the loose sequins and attach them with skin glue (spirit gum, eyelash adhesive) They come in small packages and in different colors, shapes and sizes. You can "layer" them for that scaly look. Jewels look nice on underwater creatures, too. ^_^

RoxieRocket
03-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Personally I think it would look cooler if you painted scales on.. the problem with sequins is that they aren't scale-shaped and have the small hole in the middle for sewing through.

Drackt
03-04-2004, 10:13 PM
You know, I actually did something like that with my Jekyll/Hyde costume, except I used almond slivers I painted and latexed them onto my face...

momo_anzu
03-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Thanks guys. If I can, I'll put up a drawing of what I mean. But you guys are right, it would probably be a good idea to use spiritgum/eyeliner. I don't know about painting, unless my mom can do it for me ^_^* Mesh might also be good. Thanks guys!