PDA

View Full Version : Pre Con Party

Ranma Saotome
03-04-2004, 10:59 AM
This is to those of you who are going to be there Thursday night...

How about we all get together and have like a Thursday night party/meet n greet? But here's the catch... If you are coming to the pre con party, please supply food and cash. Food so that we can all eat and money to give to the person who's hosting the party, in case that person extends their hotel stary for Thursday to accomadate us.

If that don't work, how about a Post con party Sunday? Same thing, but this time you will need to bring money so that whoever decides to host it can extend their hotel reservation. And besides, that Monday is Memorial Day... A day of rest! :D

Sounds good, ne? ^^

-=Faust_VIII=-
03-04-2004, 05:04 PM
I'll attempt to come for the pre-con bash ^_^' That's if my 10 hour drive doesn't make me get there at like... 12 pm

Tsumanne
03-04-2004, 05:46 PM
I'd have to say a pre bash would work best. If I'm able to go I'll get there thursday evening. Sunday I'll be gone as soon as things start to close down.

zephy
03-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Im all for a pre-bash!

SakeNinja2
03-08-2004, 05:08 PM
The Sake Ninjas will be having a pre con bash Thursday, as soon as our keg of Sam Adams arrives! Oh yeah!

Tsumanne
03-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Did I hear the sacred word Keg? That just might encourage me to drive a little faster on Thursday afternoon. And I follow the Holy Code of Party. I always provide a peace offering.

Ranma Saotome
03-09-2004, 10:26 PM
SakeNinja, I'm like there man! :D

WashuOtaku
03-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Sorry, not one that shows-up on Thursday, so count me out.

Avanon
03-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Count me and my friends including Kilayi in ...most likely ...unless everything goes boom....then we have a problem....

DDR Faery Spice
03-15-2004, 05:21 PM
dude, Draco and I are so there...so who's hosting?

Ranma Saotome
03-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Far as I know, the Sake Ninjas are.

quadrain61
03-15-2004, 09:57 PM
can't, the system decided to use may 28th as a make-up day

http://www.wcpss.net/Calendars/2003-04/makeup-days.html

Which means there's going to be exams that day which means if they followed last semester exam schedule than that means 6th period that day which means...Oh God!!! Japanese exam. I just hope it's going to be easy as the last one.

Kas
03-16-2004, 03:49 PM
aww.. I'm gonna try to make it cause i like a party.. depending on the time.. I will probably still be working on costumes and entertaining people since some are flying in and staying with us.. and plus practicing the skit for the masq.. but if there will be beer there.. then so will I.. cause I must follow.. to the beer.. oooh yumm.

DDR Faery Spice
03-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Someone should probably make sure the Sake Ninjas know they're hosting the pre-con party...I'll tell them at anime club tomorrow. ^^;

Ranma Saotome
03-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Cuz if they aren't, who will?

DDR Faery Spice
03-17-2004, 03:51 PM
who knows? I would, but I don't know if my roomies would appreciate that. I'll make sure they know tonight.

SakeNinja2
03-17-2004, 04:50 PM
5 at the door. We ID*

*guys

liz-maru
03-17-2004, 06:40 PM
*raises hand* i wanna go ^o^ ill try and make it cause i think i can go on thursday but how much will it be and what time ><; i wanna gooo lol

Oshi
03-17-2004, 06:42 PM
...Because there's alchyhol involved, and because I'm driving people down.... I'm going for the pre-con SLEEP X_x;

Romann
03-17-2004, 08:18 PM
I'll most likely be out due to driving for such a long time... But I'll still try to make it so I can raise a little hell...

Kilayi
03-17-2004, 09:42 PM
...Because there's alchyhol involved, and because I'm driving people down.... I'm going for the pre-con SLEEP X_x;
Same here... I'm not too enthusiastic about hanging around then...

<---is underage and beer stinks anyway... XD

Ranma Saotome
03-17-2004, 11:28 PM
I'll drop 5 for the precon party. I'll prolly just have one beer and that's it yo.

Neko Cathy
03-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Leilanihime (pimpin) and I will not reach RDU airport until 10:37 pm that night... unless either you guys are still partying past 11 pm, or are allowing underage people in I may be able to show up. That is... if I am not busy w/ a certain kitty when I reach the hotel ;)

SakeNinja2
03-18-2004, 11:33 PM
unless either you guys are still partying past 11 pm

Are you kidding? We do it college style; we don't really get started until after 11! Expect us to be going un until it starts to get light outside. Especially fri. and sat. I think we're going to throw the foam party at the hot tub after the fri. dance. Except last year it was cold and raining.

Neko Cathy
03-19-2004, 12:16 AM
I think we're going to throw the foam party at the hot tub after the fri. dance. Except last year it was cold and raining.

Hot tub party? count me in on that!

But what abut the age group? I'm 19 and the rest of my group members (except Oshi) are minors.

SakeNinja2
03-19-2004, 09:53 PM
We don't care! Enjoy some soda and snacks and live music! We're always friendly when drinking, but don't expect us to be in the mornings. We about beatdown a half dozen people Saturday morning at AWA. Never come between a hungover ninja and his breakfast! If anybody gives us some breakfast we will love them forever. Anyway, we will be hanging with our anime club thursday, so just ask somebody where the Sake Ninjas are. we shouldn't be too hard to find.

Neko Cathy
03-19-2004, 11:33 PM
We don't care! Enjoy some soda and snacks and live music! We're always friendly when drinking, but don't expect us to be in the mornings.
... you guys fucking rock then. Most people who throw parties that contain alcohol are like "Underage people... minors.. RED FLAG! No, sorry you can't join us." I've seen parties like that been advertised on cosplay.com and be like "NO ON UNDER 21!" so I had to ask first before considering myself invited :)

RHIshida
03-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Hell, I don't drink and I'm a minor but I think this party idea sounds great :D

sakeninja1
03-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Man I know if I did not watch him he would be going around causing trouble. But to the point of the matter we should be able to throw a precon party just its all about Location Location Location. We are getting together on this and will be decided at a Later date. oh yeah I am ready to get going with the 3 day bender. :drink:

quadrain61
03-20-2004, 11:28 AM
just don't cause another Nekocon when kids were ending up in the hospitol and security was too high. Hell we didn't get to play in the elevators that long because of the situation :waaaah:

Oh yeah don't pull any fire alarms unless it's a real big problem.

sakeninja1
03-20-2004, 12:43 PM
We try to make that top priority when having fun. The less we get in trouble the longer the fun can last but that does not always happen he he. We may get a little crazy but we don't want to send anybody to the hospital I know this first hand. I went durning animazment last year but it was not casued by something stupid which was the sad part I just got really sick, ended up spending the whole con in the hospital stocked up $1000 bill along with paying for the room it was great fun don't wish that on anybody. Its just we like to have a good time and the people should have one too drinking or not drinking. Cause we really like nodrinkers they can become drivers which helps durning a party when you need supplies also they get to laugh at the drunk people and tell us what we didn't do the night before. As for security keep it ninja style what they don't know won't hurt them. LOL :skidude2:

As for the firealarms why would we want to do something that would keep us from drinking. So we will be the last group to even consider doing something like that.LOL:bigtu:

Neko Cathy
03-20-2004, 06:47 PM
<<just don't cause another Nekocon when kids were ending up in the hospitol and security was too high.>>
Bah... Nekocon. It happens at every con and there were a lot of alcohol related incidents that did occur at Katsucon.

Young people are stupid when it comes to alcohol. period. You just gotta know how to handle your liquor and stay w/ a bud when you drink.

<<Oh yeah don't pull any fire alarms unless it's a real big problem.>>
LMFAO. Another stupid thing done at Katsucon.

<<Cause we really like nodrinkers they can become drivers which helps durning a party when you need supplies also they get to laugh at the drunk people and tell us what we didn't do the night before. As for security keep it ninja style what they don't know won't hurt them.>>
... really? How about paying us to drive :p I'm kidding... but the hawt t-shirt ninja (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=109963&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1) shall make her appearance then, representin' DC MD.

SakeNinja2
03-21-2004, 12:06 AM
[b]... really? How about paying us to drive :p I'm kidding...

You know, usually DDs get at least gas money and free food. I just don't want to get busted like room 812 at AWA this past year; they threw a awesome room party, had stacked the beds sideways against the wall, had a bar, lights, music, everything! But they got shutdown. I think we just want to have more of a get-together than party thurs. per-say but hopefully no security will harass anybody. BTW the AWA party the people in room 812 got shutdown by COPS IN SUITS not staff or security. I actually got smacktalked by a cop; it's on our webpage. AZ seems to have cooler staff and more easy-going security. I hope we get to drink with Mr Ed; he's staffed AWA and AZ and is a cool guy, he was Lupin last AZ I think.

Neko Cathy
03-21-2004, 01:41 AM
BTW the AWA party the people in room 812 got shutdown by COPS IN SUITS not staff or security.
The key here is to not get caught and make sure people who come hang don't cause ANY disturbances. I don't plan on it, especially since I have never been to AZ or a con completely out of my state. So... hmm, what are the odds? Plus I'll be busy hanging out w/ someone who I haven't seen in person for a Loooong time :p

SakeNinja2
03-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Oh the Ninjas never get caught!!! Except that one time dancing on the table at AWA, whew that was a close one. Oh and I think the Sam Adams keg is going to get played out quick, so we're going to bring a lot more of our famous BIG O! PLus we're going to have 2 dozen friends at AZ and I know they are all going to be wanting in.

Ranma Saotome
03-22-2004, 04:05 PM
FYI...

Since this was my idea for this pre con party... Top the Sake Ninjas, I'll kick you guys like 40 bucks or so for having this and I will be checking ID.

But, I won't be getting there until 10 Thursday night. :/

SakeNinja2
03-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Yeah sounds good. We are still talking to people about which room it will be. One Ninja is in a suite so we are trying to get that one. Also, we plan on having the half-size keg of Sam, but are thinking about bringing another. But most likely we will just have a whole bunch of Big O, and lots of sake too. I'm going to ask our anime club how many of them are planning on being there, I think it will be about a dozen. We'll be there fairly early thursday.

DDR Faery Spice
03-25-2004, 06:04 PM
I know I'm underage, and it suxx0rz. I don't drink alot or often, but it is enjoyable. u.u 5 more years. Actually, 4 and a half. *sigh* Anyway, Sake Ninja Cougar will definitely be there with mah boys. And BTW, "Mr. Ed" was Lupin one night and Luffy another. I remember the Lupin outfit coz that's what he was wearing at the rave when he got drunk and tried to get me to booty-dance for him. I'm sorry, but I refuse to get THAT friendly with a drunk somebody I met the night before. Unless they're really hot. XD Usually not even then. ^^ Anyway, I can at least bring some caffeinated stuff for those of us who can't/choose not to drink. Lots and uber-lots of caffeine!!!!

SakeNinja2
03-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Oh don't worry, we will have plenty of caffine drinks too. Like Red Bull. But... I don't know how long they will last before they become mixers. RB&Vodka yum yummy. And lots of gator-aid. Yes, Sake Ninja Cougar... that will be great! Deb said she's going to cosplay as a sake ninja too. The ranks of the Sake Ninja clan are growing!

SakeNinja2
03-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Another thing; we decided who's room it will be in. We will post a sign by the lobby elevators about a "cosplay.com pre-con meeting" with the room number. And the room will have a yellow sign on it saying "drunk ninja crossing". Check in starts a 3pm so come by, lets say 7pm until... 4 or 5am. I know I'm underage, and it suxx0rz. What is this underage of which you speak? We know of no such thing

Omittchi
03-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Since everyone seems so concerned about being underage I just wanted to add that not all the over 21's will be drinking either! I myself used to love a good drink but now I have to take daily meds that I CANNOT mix with alcohol. So I'll be glad to have some sober people to talk to.(In fact...we can make fun of the drunk people! )I'll be the one with the big ass cup of coffee instead. But you sake ninjas drink one for me, OK! :jjacks:

SakeNinja2
03-26-2004, 09:59 PM
In fact...we can make fun of the drunk people!
Yeah I think that's one of the most fun things about AZ; laughing at the fellow Ninjas. I guarantee it will be hillarious. Especially when El Ninja starts his Mexican Hat dance. But you sake ninjas drink one for me, OK!I remember the last time somebody told us that; when Sake Ninja 1 was sick last AZ. "Drink one" turned into 2... bottles, 3...4...

Omittchi
03-26-2004, 10:11 PM
OK! I can't take it anymore! I gotta know...What happened to the poor sick Sake Ninja last year??? ...Kidney stone???...Gallbladder attack???...My curiosity has gotten the better of me???

SakeNinja2
03-27-2004, 02:02 AM
Uh, just ask him, he's around these boards sometimes. As far as I know, it was fluid buildup around the heart. We spent most of friday at Duke hospital. Don't eat the sushi there, it wasn't very good. Anyway, it was really bad timing for sure. It wasn't caused by alcohol, though. He made up for it at AWA I think. Hopefully nobody will miss this AZ.

sakeninja1
03-27-2004, 12:22 PM
What happens was something (excuse Spelling) ParaCarditis its an inflamation of the Sac around the heart. Reasons it happens viral or it just happens and they don't know why. Which luckly was my case YAY. Was told it would not hppen again but there is a chance of it but its rare. But I recovered and able to drink anything I want again. But if ya got to go go with a smile. :drink:

hope that answers your question. Just pray it does not happen to you cause that stuff sucked hard core.

Omittchi
03-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Geez!!! Sorry that happened to you! But thank Kami-sama you're OK! It takes more than that to keep a good ninja down, ne? :bigtu:

DDR Faery Spice
03-29-2004, 06:20 PM
What is this underage of which you speak? We know of no such thing
I knew there was a reason I loved you guys. ;_; *tears of happiness* But anyway, there may be a problem with me coming to AZ this year. I'm having funding issues and some issues with where I'm going to be living after AZ. I don't even have ticket money now. u.u And if I do get to go, I won't have but $20 to spend on pocky and such. I won't even be able to make the Sake Ninja Cougar outfit like I want to...my Ninjas are gonna be running around mascot-less!!! It makes me cry.
Anyway, as long as we're on the topic..I had to go to the hospital at AZ, too. Saturday morning, to be exact!

Farmboybob
03-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Why did you go to the hospital?
And I really hope you can make it to AZ. And if you do go but are outta money, look for me, I'll be glad to get you some Pocky or Pixie-Stix or something. :D

I should have gone to the hospital when Quadrain cracked one of my ribs. But I'm dense like that and did nothing about it for weeks, and now it will effect me for the rest of my life....YAY....not.

quadrain61
04-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey i forgot, pixie stixs in coke. Penguin mints in bawls. Red Bull in sake. Perfect.

Ranma Saotome
04-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Now you're talking my man! :D

SakeNinja2
04-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Yeah! Ok so here's a summary; we'll have Sam Adams, Big O (Bacardi Orange & Orange Gatoraid) and sake. We'll check IDs at the door, 5 dollars all you can drink. If you're not drinking, then 2 bucks or you can bring some soda/more snackfood. We'll try to bring some twister, maybe hook up a PS2 with some DDR or something too. Still don't know about that yet.

There will be a "cosplay.com pre-con meeting" sign near the lobby elevators with the room number, and the room will have a yellow sign on it. Starting about 7 until daylight. See you all there.

DDR Faery Spice
04-02-2004, 04:43 PM
w00t, yo. This party sounds like it's gonna be fun. ^^ Just as long as I stay away from the Code:Red. For the curious: thats the reason I was sent to the hospital for a few hours Saturday morning. Apparently I'm allergic to Mountan Dew Code Red. Don't ask me how, but I am. *shrug* ?.? I'm confused about it, too...
Jaime said she was bringing her Twister board!!! And I can supply the DDR and one pad. I'm sure we can work it out, if we move the beds around. XD This is gonna rock.

Star_Angel
05-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Ooo, sounds fun. Ill try and come, Ill bring some sodas or something if you want me to since Ill be bringing some for me anyways!

SakeNinja2
05-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Yeah we are so ready! We have had some issues with who is in what room and stuff but we got it worked out I think. We got signs that say "SN Pre-Con Meeting Room XXX" If the "Do Not Disturb" sign is on the door, means we are out of the room for a minute and will be back. Try to keep it on the down low, we're not trying to get kicked out BEFORE the con! But we'll have a blast for sure!

GreatSG
05-25-2004, 12:23 PM
I doubt i'd make any of these parties, I got so much to do Thursday, like getting my artwork in the art auction. BID ON THEM PLEASE! (look for artist Kurt Yoder) :bigtu:

Plus, i'm sure my room will be a party in itself.

DDR Faery Spice
05-25-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm thinking about just wandering down the hallways and seeing how many parties I can crash. XD

SakeNinja2
05-25-2004, 10:51 PM
I'm thinking about just wandering down the hallways and seeing how many parties I can crash. XD

Thursday? Don't think you will find TOO many parties Thursday. Save the running around halls crashing parties for the actual con; a ninja must learn to pace thyself! :woah:

Ranma Saotome
05-26-2004, 12:54 AM
Just have that sign by the elevators so I know where to go for the party. :D

SakeNinja2
05-26-2004, 02:02 AM
Oh yeah you know it! and one on our door. we'll be checking in at 3 or a little sooner if we can so we'll be getting some good rooms! But I won't put up any signs until around 7 because we gotta get some naps in first!

Prof Farnsworth
05-27-2004, 12:45 AM
I had a question and it may be a stupid one, but this is my first con so I don't feel stupid asking it :-} Are other people going to the party cosplaying, or in civies?

SakeNinja2
05-27-2004, 12:48 AM
I think we'll just be casual, unless we drink a bit much, then maybe Cecil will dress up and start doing a Mexican Hat Dance or somthing. :rockon:

Dracos
05-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Oh, I'm definately there. (As DDR Faery Said) =P *Psst..* Bring.. t3h Sak3. *End Psst*

Anjierusu
05-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Oh, I'm definately there. (As DDR Faery Said) =P *Psst..* Bring.. t3h Sak3. *End Psst*

Yeah michael. You'll be at the party. Do you remember where the party is? Where's the party michael? :crylaugh:

Hehe... and you better be glad they don't know the word "underage" ^_^