PDA

View Full Version : contacts for light eyes?

leslie_chan
01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone! I have naturally baby blue eyes and I want to make them brown with contacts for a cosplay. Any recommendations on brands that will really change and darken up my eyes??? Thanks again! :)

Celine
02-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Do you wear prescription contacts normally? If so, check with your eye doctor. Brown is a normal color and they can provide you with sample contacts to see how they look on you. I have green eyes and got my brown contacts through my eye doctor during a regular visit. They were only like $10 more than clear.

TenTigerLilies
02-02-2013, 10:12 AM
My eyes are grey, and I like Princess Mimi Chocolate Brown. Only thing is, they're really big. (15mm)

leslie_chan
02-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Fortunately I do not have to wear glasses or contacts. So these would purely have to be for cosmetic reasons. I have ordered Vassen color contacts. Has anyone ever tried these?

SirWonderusMary
12-17-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure if the name is the same for every contact store personally, but would they be like the ones PinkyParadise sells? http://www.pinkyparadise.com/vassen-lollipop-s/1936.htm If so, I have never tried those but I think it depends on whether you want a more natural appearance or eyes that just pop out. For me, when I first began wearing contacts I started off with Freshlook before advancing to the internet. But again I'm not sure if you're looking for natural, or something people will notice right when they turn to see you. http://www.freshlookcontacts.com/

Korinnies
12-21-2013, 07:48 AM
I'd say look for a more opaque lens. Also, if you are going for a lens with an extreme enlargement effect make sure you do not get a brown lens with a large pupil hole. Go for the lenses with the normal sized pupils but larger diameter lens. A lens with a darker limbal ring will look really nice. www.himecastle.com has some really good lenses so does www.maplelens.com or www.pinkyparadise.com

lelechan
06-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Did you get yourself fitted with your eye doctor before ordering the lenses? This step is extremely important because an ill-fitting contact lens can seriously damage the eye. The base curve of most contact lenses is an 8.6 but not everyone fits this size.