PDA

View Full Version : tatoo help

Kikoro
03-04-2004, 10:05 PM
I need some help. Im cosplaying as Orochimaru from Naruto and he has this tatoo on his forearm, its quite large it goes from his wrist to about mid forearm, and spirals around the whole arm. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas on what i could use to draw it on with and make it stay on. The best thing i can think of short of getting a real tatoo is hena, but does anyones else have any ideas?

Niku-Sama
03-05-2004, 11:33 AM
black liqid liner with shelaq (Sp?) from benefit over it. It should stay for a long time that way.

deschaos
03-05-2004, 10:36 PM
lol. i like to use permanant marker, since it stays on for the day, then you could wash it off easily at the end of the day. but it's quite time consuming ( and smelly). but it's worked for my vipere number.

mirai_blues22
03-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Try black eyeliner (or whatever color eyeliner you prefer!)... Draw the design on your skin, then fill in where needed. Finally, as a last step to make sure it doesn't rub off, take hairspray (not the aerosol type, the liquid type) and spray your skin where the tattoo is, holding the can about 6"-12" inches from your skin. Your "tatoo" should be damp, not drenched. Let the wet area dry and don't touch it! ^_^ You don't want a smeared tattoo. I used this on a friend who was cosplaying Koenma from Yu Yu Hakusho and it stayed on all day and night through cosplay and running around in the heat! Of course, this might not work for you, but if you try it, try to have someone else help you. ^_^ Helpful?

mikazuki
03-15-2004, 02:11 PM
There are temporary tattoo kits you can buy to create fake tattoos. Off hand I don't recall where you can purchase such a kit but contact the local tattoo parlors and ask them.

DDR Faery Spice
03-15-2004, 02:29 PM
with a tattoo like that, you'll DEFINITELY have to have help. I'd suggest using a pen instead of eyeliner, though, as eyeliner has a tendency to rub and looks less realistic. ^^ A felt-tip pen works well, but would REALLY last.

RoxieRocket
03-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Sharpie markers make excellent tattoos. I'd always draw them on friends back in HS when we were bored in class. :P Just make sure the person who puts them on you has a steady hand...

deschaos
03-15-2004, 10:28 PM
lol... the fummmes~ :: dies:: but yea, they are really nice for everything.. when you're bored... when you're mad... when you're feeling like your teacher is an asshole...

but anyways... a word about them... make sure that you're not going to be uber sweaty, cuz when i did a sharpie tatoo on me back, it rubbed right off after a few hours of dancing.

Nightmare
03-16-2004, 12:18 PM
That's good to know. I have something like that, but a little more complicated. I already have a tattoo right where I need to put a different one. Does anyone have anything that I might be able to do for this?

DDR Faery Spice
03-16-2004, 03:48 PM
I'd suggest using a flesh-colored base paint, then oil-paint over it. This is difficult to do, but works nicely and lasts if you do the hairspray trick.

Nightmare
03-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Thanks, that should help out a bunch. ^_^