PDA

View Full Version : Ffx-2 Big Musical Specticle!

sheepsarai
03-05-2004, 09:46 PM
So I had downloaded a new song tonight and it just struck me with brilliance! Its a very conceded song that songs like a big musical number! Immedietly I thought to myself, "HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE IF I GOT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE TO DO A BIG MUSICAL NUMBER TO THIS!" It's star le blanc of course being all dramtic, ormi and logos would be at her side with ehr goons as back up dancers, and off to the side we'd have Rikku, Yuna and Piane dancing along and Mocking and having a good laugh! What do you all think? I think it;d be absolutely hilarious.

Maester Seymour
03-05-2004, 10:26 PM
What is this song that strikes brilliance? But other than that, if you can find people to be Logos and Ormi, which I would guess is pretty hard, all the power to you! yay? ~~John

sheepsarai
03-06-2004, 11:02 AM
haha funny thing about the song I had heard a clip of it in the back ground of shows on mtv so many times and i ended up finding out its by one of the ex spice girls (yikes I know) anyway, Its called "Look At Me" and its by Geri Haliwell, I swear it screams Leblanc! Unfortunately.... my currently planned con has all the masquerade slots filled I think and I dont know anyone to be in it, my first con is in april. So I guess i need to either contact people here who'd wanna do it for a future con in the new england area (and yes we would need to coreograph the thing in a reltively short time but im sure it could be done) or make some connections at my up coming con! (Curse my non geek friends not willing to participate!!!!). Currently Im looking for people who'd wnat to do it in this area, and im looking for opinions on the concept I think it could be just so much fun for everyone. ^-^

Anele
03-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Lol, for some reason I thought of "Look At Me" when I first read this thread. Although I haven't heard that song since listening to the airplane radio station on a vacation many years ago... but why do I remember it, I wonder...? XD One of those "one hit wonders" Spice-Girl-singles perhaps? XD God, sooooo long ago!

I still wish you luck though!

Susumari
03-14-2004, 12:36 AM
a thing with having a big group..it's hard, and the timing of the music and stuff. hmm, if it was short thing. you could pull it off

_Mandy_
03-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Sounds funny, I say go for it. Though, finding an Ormi and Logos could prove difficult.

sheepsarai
04-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Well its a dream... right now ive been struck with brilliance again this only requires three people, for ff7.. heh i need to find a con near me so i can do it! heh.. brilliance strikes at 11:00 o clock after a venit caramel mocchiato and much dancing around... for the 2nd time. ^0^

Trinity
04-17-2004, 12:41 AM
It definitely sounds as though it could work out. All the same, everything takes planning, sometimes more careful than others, so make sure you cover every base and leave nothing undecided. Good luck!

BloodRed
04-28-2004, 07:28 PM
how about you just take a cam corder and make a mini-musical? it would be too long for a stage skit, and probly many people would get mad at it. i dunno, do what u wish.

sheepsarai
05-02-2004, 12:16 AM
i dont see why it would make people mad, its more to make others laugh, i probably wont do it ever unless i make sokme big cosplay connections becuase no one i know cosplays arg! so im not gonna bother ymself with planning out somthing huge i have no cast for heh.

_Mandy_
05-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Awww...it was a cute idea too. Well, if you ever do make some connections you should do it. Just cut the song shorter so it fits into the time limit, which isn't hard to do at all. If you have it on a CD you can put a blank tape into a boombox, play the CD at the same time and record the peices you want on the tape. The cuts get messy if your timing isn't right though which is one drawback. If you wanted to go all out there's probably a store around you somewhere that cuts music proffessionally. I used to coach cheerleading at my old grammer school last year and we'd have to have it done that way.

sheepsarai
05-08-2004, 11:14 PM
hehe im surpised at how many replies and brainstorms i got from this post... i really think i must do it someday... hehe yes yes brqnch out i shall!

Scoti
05-08-2004, 11:26 PM
It's a great idea but for some reason I can picture nooj tied to a chair being forced to watch it.

sheepsarai
05-09-2004, 08:33 PM
THATS AN AWESOME IDEA!!!!! Hmmmmmmmm... *gets thinking and plotting* that would be stinkin hilarious! hehehe strapped to a chair with eyes taped open....

ShoyesaiNoMiko
05-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Ee! I love this idea! Totally count me in to do it at a future con or something! I actually had a similar idea, and it was "My Strongest Suit" from Aida. The song's all about this girl and how much she loves her clothes and how great they and herself are, and I actually choreographed it and set out the timing on the music and everything, I just couldn't get enough people to do it in time for Anime NEXT. Maybe next year XD

sheepsarai
05-13-2004, 09:07 PM
ill prob be going to animeNEXT next year, maybe we can do it then woohoo plotting to be done!!!

Miyavi
05-13-2004, 10:32 PM
I really like this idea!Good Luck if you get this worked out!

Miyavi
05-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Good-looking, bad-tasting
Full-bodied, butt-wasted
Loose-living, tight-fitting
What you see ain't what you are getting
Big make-up, little break-up
She wants it, he's got it
Cold-blooded, hot gossip
Superficial expectations

(Chorus)
Look at me
You can take it all because this face is free
Maybe next time use your eyes and look at me
I'm a drama queen if that's your thing, baby
I can even do reality

Fake money, real plastic
Stupid cupid, fantastic
Queer thinking, straight talking
What you see ain't what you are getting
Fast loving, slow moving
No rhythm, but I'm grooving
Old feeling, new beginning
Superficial expectations

(Repeat chorus)

Sometimes I don't recognize my own face
I look inside my eyes and find disgrace
My little white lies tell a story
I see it all, it has no glory
Ha ha ha

(Repeat chorus)

Come and look at me
This face is free
I'm your fantasy
Who do you wannabe?
Not what you see
I'm a drama queen if that's your thing
Come on and look at me
I'm your fantasy
This face free
Come on look at me
so who do you wannabe?
This is free

Yep this is the song for her

sheepsarai
05-14-2004, 11:58 PM
hahah at this point with all the support ive gotten i feel o8ke it has to be done! even people who havent played the game could appreciate it the way i want to choregraph it and stuff hehe... the only question is... how should i cast it and go about things??? Hmm.... *thinks* I didnt really see myself as leblanc but then again.... i totally have it pictured in my head on how she should move and everything... Hmmm!!!! well i will definately be thinknig serisuly on how to do it and posting updates and ideas! hehehe and yes as soon as i heard the song i thought of leblanc its so perfect!

Caro-chan
05-15-2004, 06:53 PM
OMG! I LOVE IT!!! hehehe, i got the giggles just reading about it. I think it'll go over wonderful. Planing/ finding people may be the hard part. I was planning on going to animeNEXT, so if you need any help. ^o^

sheepsarai
05-18-2004, 06:33 PM
i have awhile to work it all put, im doing two cons next year anime boston and prob. animeNEXT if not anime next it'll prob be connecticon i know its forever away but what would u think of doing it at one of those cons next year? heh i 7understand if its waaaaaay tooo far way to think about, heh unfortuantely for me i feel extreme need to plan EVERYTHING out very far in advance to make sure everythings perfect ^-^ that or i get so excited about things i have to plan them heh. anyhoo. thats my idea. Oh and anyone else who would be up for it is more then welcome!