PDA

View Full Version : Kawasumi Mai from Kanon

Shesta
03-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Hey I just finished my Mai outfit yesterday and just got back from MegaCon. Somebody ran up to me excited because she never saw a Kanon cosplayer before. ^_^ I was originally going to have the netting underneath the skirt to poof it out a bit, but ran out of time. My roommate and I are not very good when it comes to sewing, so this was a bit of a trip. However, no matter if some people thinks it looks bad, I think it turned out great. Anyways, I'd love to hear comments and complaints on it and ways I could make it better.

Eleryth
03-07-2004, 11:30 PM
I can't really see the dress on you in photos that well, but it looks like you cut it as an a-line skirt. It doesn't look to be as poofy as in the reference image (as you noted). Perhaps adding in extra triangular shaped pieces to the side seams to increase the hem circumference, then wearing a little crinoline underneath?

Also, just a fabric preference thing of mine. The cape thing looks good in satins, but the dress didn't seem to appear that shiny in the ref. image. Perhaps a different material, like a wool blend or a cotton blend would have the matte look.

I don't know the show/game, but it looks really cute. As long as you are happy with your costume is what counts! :)

musica heart
03-19-2004, 10:26 AM
nicey nicey

Ali
03-19-2004, 02:17 PM
The cape is too long. It hits the elbow in your reference picture, but appears to come down to your wrist. I love the way it drapes, though... I wish I could get some of my fabrics to look that nice. The trim seems a little light (of course, I only have the one reference picture to go on; colors might be off).

Also, consider double layering stockings. Just buy another pair and wear them over the first. That'll give you a nice, dark, even color. ^^