PDA

View Full Version : anyone playing animal crossing?

Miaka No Baka
11-14-2002, 11:14 AM
is anyone out there playing animal crossing for GC? It's fun and addicting but I'm running out of things to do and I still owe 350,000 bells for my house expansion (all I have left to do is get the basement then do the final expansion which costs 730,000 bells S_S) Those of us who are playing, we should trade items and stuff, esp if you're looking for an item but tom nook hasn't even sold it yet. Anyone interested? My current want list for items is:

Spooky table
Spooky Vanity
The Western set (I've got all the cacti except for the saguaro looking cactus)
Any fruit besides pear and peach

So if anyone wants to trade post your want list and if I or anyone else here can get it we can trade!

Miaka no Baka

Cassandra
11-14-2002, 11:25 AM
I'm playing!!! My husband too!! :D

We have all the fruit (cherry, pear, peach, apple, coconut) and I think we have both the spooky table and the spooky vanity.
I have about 100,000 bells left to pay on the final house expansion, then I'm debt-free for life!! :D

I don't think we have any of the western set though....I'm working on the space theme myself. I'll have to look at my list at home to see what pieces I still need ;)

Miaka No Baka
11-14-2002, 12:01 PM
ooh yeah I came across a few space theme stuff. I got the moon rover and the rocket model. and possibly the wallpaper ^_^; Gosh you're far ahead of me on the house thing ^_^; How'd you earn all that money? did you cheat and keep setting it back to new years so you can get 10,000 bells from mom and dad? Or was it all small jobs and selling stuff you got in return? For some reason when I was playing jack didn't want to give me the spooky table or vanity. He kept giving me the spooky carpet. He was on a roll though cause he was giving me 1 of everything then after he gave me the clock I think he started giving me suff I already had =( I hate it when things go that way. I need to find a quick way to get this debt paid off lol. How long have you been playing? I have been playing since november 2nd or so. ^_^; I'm trying to get me a gold shovel but every time I plant the tree in the shining hole like it says the tree always dies ;_;

Miaka no Baka

ChenCzen
11-14-2002, 12:18 PM
um, ok if yall are strapped for cash and got a gameboy advance and an extra memory card heres what you do... yknow that tip they gave you in the strategy guide... taking fruit to your island dropping it off and letting the guy eat it and you get cash in return? well keep doing that until the whole island is covered in money. then leave the island and go to the train station leaving the gba on with your island data on it. then transfer yourself to a new town (one you made up just for this and got past tom nooks tasks so you can save). then head to the boat and ride out to the island. guess what... all your island info is still there so all the cash you left is there too. load up your cash and then head back to the mainland. when you get there turn off the gba and head to the train station. catch a ride home and put the money in the bank. then turn on the gba and head back to the island in your town. all the money is still there so you double all the money you have. this works on furniture too. imagine leaving bags of 30,000 all over the island and doubling it all in about 20 minutes. and it works as many times as you need it.

i paid off my house and all its add-ons in about an hour by advancing the clock a day and returning time back to normal. but dont ever send your clock to far into the future or your town will me covered in weeds.

welcome!

Babbit_Chan
11-14-2002, 01:05 PM
I'm paying off the last expansion too! (And to think I was proud of payng of the 300,000 o_O) I still owe 700,000 .-.

Cassandra: There's a coconut? I need that! Ahh! The orange, too. Otherwise I have peaches, pears, apples, and cherries. I love getting huge payloads off of trees :D

Chen Czen: I'm too afriad to set the clock forward, and it's set to my own clock anyway so it'd mess with my head.

Cassandra
11-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the orange...I knew I was leaving one out ;) The coconuts are on the island, but you need a GBA and the GBA connector cable.

As for how I got so much money, I fished a lot and sold those plus we have this over-abundance of fruit so I sell some of it and some of it goes to the island. I try to not turn the time back as much as possible. It annoys me ;) I try to do things the easy way....creating another town and all that is just too much work. Considering there's fish that sell for at least 5000 bells a piece, you can get like 75000 bells just from being patient enough to catch the right fish...

EDIT: Another way to get a lot of money is to sell off any fossils that you already have in your museum. (We already finished the fossil section of our museum so every fossil we find now gets sold...and they are a couple thousand a piece.)

kelldar
11-14-2002, 01:38 PM
boo! I love that game but I only got the play it rented and on my cousin's gamecube (we traded for a couple of weeks, I got his gamecube and he took my PS2). I kept it for a week past the return date, too. Very addictive. I want a gamecube of my own just so I can keep playing...

makio
11-14-2002, 02:40 PM
I'm determined to find K.K.Techno and Excitebike in the game! I already have K.K. Bossa, Donkey Kong, and Pinball. :d

Cassandra
11-14-2002, 02:41 PM
I've got Excitebike too....and Golf...and...umm...I need to be on the game to see the rest but there's a bunch ;)

If you go to the Animal Crossing website, they give away codes for stuff on there...

Ukayoru no Chou
11-14-2002, 02:50 PM
This is so not fair..ok maybe it is. but but... I wanna pllayy~!;_;

You guys are confusing me with your speak of fruits and money . But sounds fun! XD *goes to Hollywood video* La la la mustt finnnddd ..>_>

Babbit_Chan
11-14-2002, 10:00 PM
Cassandra: That's exactly what I do with my fruit and fossils, but I should try the being patient with fishing thing, shouldn't I?

MakioTwist: I have Only me, Rock, Tennis, Soccer, and Clu Clu Land D. The latter confused the heck out of me whereas the computer players in Tennis make me laugh and so does the halftime show in Soccer. Ha! Like Cassandra said, I got the games from the website codes ^_^

http://www.animal-crossing.com

Uka: Awwww maybe if you come over someday you can play in my town (or make your own)!

Cassandra
11-14-2002, 10:20 PM
Yeah...off-hand I know the red snapper fish sells for 3000 bells...there's another one that goes for 5000, but I forget the name of it offhand...there's a few fossil fish you can catch when it's raining that go for like 10,000 or something. (Of course, you should make sure you have one of everything in your museum before you sell it.)

For the record, I only had 60,000 left on my final "mortgage" payment and I paid that off tonight. So tomorrow when I play, I should have a nice shiny gold statue of myself :D

Miaka No Baka
11-14-2002, 11:18 PM
there's a barrel saw something kinda of fish it's striped with white/cream and brown. I caught the "living" fossil but since my museum didn't have it I gave it there but I bet tom would pay more than 5000 bells! If you keep going back in time to a few days before halloween and then buy bunches of candy and go find jack on halloween (he's the one who doesn't run right up to you) and you can sell pretty much all of the set for close to 5000 bells a piece.

Miaka no Baka

Babbit_Chan
11-15-2002, 12:21 AM
Cassandra y Miaka (Ooo I'm multitasking XD): I heard about those and I wish'd I'd known when it first rained. I'll just wait it out =D And I wish I'd stocked about for Halloween when Jack was there! It would have made things so much easier...

Cassandra
11-15-2002, 08:57 AM
That's it...barrel saw. That's like 5000 bells. For the living fossil fish, there's 2 different types...they go for 10,000. (The description makes them sound a lot rarer...but if you go fishing near the sea when it's raining, you can catch a bunch of them.)

Hikaru
11-17-2002, 02:55 PM
I love animal crossing! It's so simple and fun and for once in a video - game you don't have to worry about killing stuff!!! :)

Miaka No Baka
11-17-2002, 04:53 PM
man yesterday the electronics boutique in tracy had a fishing tourney. Too bad I forgot about it or I would've gone and shown off my mad fishing skillz lol. first prize was a $50 gift card *_*

Miaka no Baka