PDA

View Full Version : SAKURA MATSURI! DC's cherry blossom fest!

AndoMasanobu
03-09-2004, 12:25 AM
I just wanted to note that washington DC's 43rd annual cherry blossom festival is coming up soon! april 3rd! this years fest will coincide with the 150th anniversary of beginning relations between the two countries (USA & Japan if you got lost there). tons of visitors from japan are expected to attend this year, there will be j-pop singers as well as an anime film marathon in the Freer Gallery of Art sponsered by Otakorp. Me and a few people that i have gathered together are planing to go, cosplay and all!(mostly traditional attire or gothic lolita). If any of you plan to attend please post! hell, if enough people go we could even make a cosplay.com gathering of it^ ^!

for more info on Sakura Matsuri in DC go here (http://us-japan.org/dc/events/matsuriindex.html)

fireyoukai16
03-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Hey! Im trying to see if i can make it on the third when the street festival, anime film festival, and parade are. But i really dont think i can make it on that day >.< .....GRRRRRGHHGH. I reallly want to go on the 3rd ^^; Thats basically when everything is! *sighs* ^^; Well anyways, Will people be cosplaying on the other days?? Im planning on making a kimono for the festival ^^

NixKlouD
03-09-2004, 07:19 PM
That is super-sweet! I hadn't heard about the festival yet! Since it's during spring break.... ^^ I'll hopefully be there! Thanks for passing along the info!
Take Care,
-Nix```

AndoMasanobu
03-09-2004, 09:16 PM
"Thanks for passing along the info!Take Care,-Nix"
no prob ^ ^. thats was the idea. alot of people miss it because the dont know the main day, or they dont know until after the fact. i just wanted to give the heads up ^.~ .V

fireyoukai16
03-10-2004, 05:05 AM
"Thanks for passing along the info!Take Care,-Nix"
no prob ^ ^. thats was the idea. alot of people miss it because the dont know the main day, or they dont know until after the fact. i just wanted to give the heads up ^.~ .V
So im guessing people are only cosplaying on the main day? ;__;

AndoMasanobu
03-10-2004, 10:15 AM
im not really sure if it would only be the main day or not, I've personaly never been on any other day but the main day so i cant tell you honestly.

fireyoukai16
03-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Oh okay..thanks anyway ^^ i prob. cant make it on the main day, but i'll cosplay anyways hahah XD

Initial Diesal
03-12-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm actually going to be able to go. I don't know exactly what my freedom priveleges are because I'm going with a group. But I'd love to cosplay! Oh man, I need a great costume to wear. I have a Lupin Costume, maybe a Ky costume. Arr so many things. Oh wait maybe Ayame! yes I'll bring my white wig to do some Ayame pictures.

AndoMasanobu
03-14-2004, 10:12 PM
yee^ ^ i'm glade im not alone

Initial Diesal
03-14-2004, 10:30 PM
we definately gotta try and meet up there. I've never been there before so I'm gonna be LOST as heck. We're gonna wanna try and find easy ways to find each other. I'll find out when I'm gonna be there, maybe some main entrace for like a half hour? I dunno, =3 Photoshoot please!

AndoMasanobu
03-15-2004, 10:26 PM
well most of the main event is all on the same road, i know alot of people are gonna be meeting at the metro station about maybe a block away.

Initial Diesal
03-18-2004, 12:09 PM
X_X I just found out that I'm not attending the CHerry blossom festival in DC, I'm attending the one in Penn. I didn't even know they had one, drat. I'm gonna make a thread asking if anyone is going to the on in Penn.

fushigi-chan
03-18-2004, 06:15 PM
yeah, I'll probably be there with my sister
I'll be dressed as a pink and white amailoli ^_^
if you see me, say hi =b

fireyoukai16
03-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Im either going to be there the 8th or the 9th, so if there's anyone else going on the later days, im gonna be in a pink kimono with a red obi ^^

AndoMasanobu
03-24-2004, 04:24 PM
i just found like three more people to come! >.<'and all i was doing was standing in Suncoast Video! haha. awesome, hyeah ^.~

fushigi-chan
03-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Wait, what time is the Freer Gallery thing?
Is that the one that's 11-6? *i think that's what it said in the link*

or what time is everyone else planning to get there?

AndoMasanobu
03-29-2004, 09:39 PM
i thought it was noon...*shrugs*
definately check the link *nod nod*

TiraMisuSH
03-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Well me and my best friend Ali are going and I'm wearing my light weight light blue fishy kimono with my red japanese umbrella (the name slips my mind at the moment) that has sakura petals all over it and Ali is wearing my purple/violet Yukata thats really pretty.... We're not really cosplaying just doing as close as traditional as we can get without spending any money since I made the Kimono 3 years ago and bought the Yukata in Japan 2 years ago. and I'm gonna wear blue billa bong(I thinks thats the brand) thongy sandals or whatever you call them... and Ali will most likely be wearing her favorite pair of sandals the green ones... *sour face* they smell... But hey Ando if I see you there I know you don't know me at all really but could me and Ali walk around with your group for a bit this is the second time I'm going the last time I went was when I was 9 so I don't know where I'm going and me nd her are going alone so we are lost completely. AND I NEED MONEY TO BUY STUFF!! I HAVE NO JOB!! crap! Anyway so can we if you want to know what I look like so you wont think some random person is just coming up to you my picture is in my gallery with my new hair cut. So yea. I'll probably see you there. o.o;

TiraMisuSH
03-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Now that I think about it I wanna make an dobi for the yukata it looks like a robe tie thingy for the yukata... so I think I'll make a white one for it now all I need is for Ali to come over so I can measure her waist....

AndoMasanobu
03-30-2004, 09:50 PM
sure, I'll be wearing a purple silk, pvc EGL outfit, if its cold out ill prolly have my dir en grey jacket on or a black pvc jacket with red fur, and i should have a group of girls in oriental dress with me and three guys, one with mad crazy Kyo-sama hair, one with dreads. we should stick out like a dead thumb, but who knows what other freaks we might pick up along the way ^.~

TiraMisuSH
04-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Lol! Okay well I got my blue fish kimono and a red paper umbrella (forgot the name) and my friend Ali is in a violet yukata. I'll probably see you first And I'll be like "Ando~!"
and you'll know its me lol I have a big red umbrella...

TiraMisuSH
04-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Oh I just checked the weather forcast and it says that it should be sunny 68 with 0% precipitation! Yay! Lets just hope that it stays that way!

Nyoko
04-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Im going to head over arout 2-3 pm because I dont have anyway of getting there before then...

AndoMasanobu
04-04-2004, 12:55 PM
cherry blossom follow up: awesome awesome AWESOME day! the weather may not had been nice and warm and it was crowded as all get out, but it was an awesome time! there was fantastic food everywhere you looked, plenty of neat little things to buy, cute little crafts that you could do, and to much entertainment to see it all, from koto playing to the drum groups, and the little j-pop/rock groups from japan and america O.O, and a super special thanks to Choji for being so kind when i chased him down back stage for a photo and autograph, domo! fantasic people all in all from the Candy Man with his amazing magic show and the people who attended. very spirited and fun. i only had one question on my mind that whole day, cherry blossoms? maybe i was looking in all the wrong places but i never found one ^ ^'! ey...but i cant wait till next year and im very certainly going to try and make it to the firework show next saturday night (4/10) at 8. feel free to join me!

TiraMisuSH
04-04-2004, 07:12 PM
ANDO!! ;-; I thought I saw you in the Freer Gallery but I didn't know. The person was with a giuy and she was wearing lots of black and mebbe some leather? with lots of metal rings on her shirt and she had hair like yours or what I believe is yous it was short and dark brown halfway and then blonde to the ends. The person walked by me and I jst whished around infront of my friend and pointed at the girls back and yelled "ANDO!" but she didn't turn around so I felt like a fool. Yea the Cherry blossoms weren't really in full bloom because its been getting cold again but the ones that were in bloom were behind the Washington Memorial. the big pinnacle thingy. I didn't get to see alot of stuff like I wanted to like the J-pop/rock groups and stuff NEVER saw em. ;-; All I saw was this cute japanese girl around 6-7 on a stage and she was wearing pink and singing happy bouncy songs... let me put up her pic...
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=122629&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
there thats her. Shes the only singer I saw I missed alot.

AndoMasanobu
04-05-2004, 09:56 PM
yeah, im sorry that wasnt me >.<' i never made it to the gallery, i spent most of my time right on the main street with all the nummy food ^ ^. i had at least 5 random people yank at me in the crowd "wai!"ing about my deg jacket. i did keep an eye out >.<' i never found you!

TiraMisuSH
04-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Yea I never wore my kimono because I was freezing ;-; I couldn't feel my hands and I had on 3 layers of shirts XD But yea. Mebbe I'll see you at Otakon or something! I'm currently trying to figure out what my EGL outfit will look like I found one outfit I like in the GL Bible forgot which number but yea. I'm gonna try my best with everything!

AndoMasanobu
04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
ill be making a very rare special cosplay for ota >.>------<.< sorry that i cant tell you >.<' but i can give you a hint? black & white bassist. thats all i can say, sorry ;_; it really isnt much of a hint cuz it could be so many things. ill be walking around with a hopefully finished drain away kaoru. but i will be there, thats no lie ^ ^

TiraMisuSH
04-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Thats okay lol I don't know! XD But Hey I'll come glomp you and be like "Ando, its me Tira!!" and scare the crap out of you because you will be like "Who is this woman dressed in feathers?! (Or whatever outfit I've got on)" Lol... But yea. I decided to do the dress on the cover of the GL Bible #5 :D Happiness! Will your outfit be complicated since its special?? *Blink-blink* *Thinks and decided to pm and ask if her guess is right*

AndoMasanobu
04-07-2004, 09:44 PM
not really complicated, just rare, i've never seen anyone do it before and its not new. now that im trying to do it though, i think i know why that is ^ ^ but i love it all the same

Maryssa
04-07-2004, 10:33 PM
so were the cherry blossoms in bloom this year? =) I remember I went a few years ago and it was rainy, freezing, and not even a BUD in sight. hehe.

AndoMasanobu
04-08-2004, 04:56 PM
not a bud in site this year either im afraid ^ ^' but hopefully they'll be in bloom for the fireworks on saturday

TiraMisuSH
04-10-2004, 04:02 PM
*Sits at home and stares wide eyed and paranoid* I forgot... I FORGOT ABOUT THE FIREWORKS!!!! ._.; Humph. Oh well.... The buds were in sight just behind the Washigton Memorial the ones everywhere else weren't. Bleh. *Fidgets around and waits for Ando to come back and retell her story of wonderous fireworks and nummy food* ;-; This sucks big monkey butt...

Nyoko
04-12-2004, 03:19 PM
They were in full bloom, actully they were past full bloom, the blassoms were falling off already. The peek bloom was the week before the fest..

You have to walk ALL the way down to the Tidal Basion to see them, thats were thay are.

Here for you who missed it here are the pictures I took at the Tidal Bason on the 4th when I went... (only 3 of them)
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=192

ArrancarGummies
07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Ooh!! I'm going next year. :3 Hopefully in my full Grimmjow Pantera costume. x3