PDA

View Full Version : Server Upgrade

Admin
02-25-2013, 09:29 AM
We upgraded the servers last night, and unfortunately it took a few hours longer than anticipated.

Everything seems to be running smoothly, however we may take the site offline for brief periods in order to tweak some server settings.

If you come across any major bug (meaning something that wasn't bugged before), please post in here.

miyatree
02-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Out of curiosity will the server upgrade be followed by an update to the site content? For example the events listed on the main page, event calender, finished profiles, etc. I believe there's a thread just below in this section where several people have already listed things.

Admin
02-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes, we will begin updating the outdated portions of the site afterwards. Right now I just need to make sure everything is working today like it was working yesterday before we upgraded the servers, as we had to move a lot of files around with some hard drive upgrades. So far everything seems to be fine.

miyatree
02-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Sounds good, thank you! Haven't noticed anything buggy personally.

SakuraxTsubasa
02-27-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but the proportions of the table used on the Forums page (http://www.cosplay.com/forum.php) just totally changed proportions. The Last Post column is now much wider, so there's a huge space between the thread name/poster and the last post time, and the column containing the....whatever's next to the number of threads is now completely blocked off by the ads.
This started for me only tonight though.

OtakuSpark
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but the proportions of the table used on the Forums page (http://www.cosplay.com/forum.php) just totally changed proportions. The Last Post column is now much wider, so there's a huge space between the thread name/poster and the last post time, and the column containing the....whatever's next to the number of threads is now completely blocked off by the ads.
This started for me only tonight though.

So that's not just me.

Admin
02-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Can you send me a screenshot? Nothing changed in the code, we only upgraded the hard drives and increased the amount of RAM. Also I don't see the layout error on my end.

OtakuSpark
02-27-2013, 11:14 PM
It fixed itself on my end, but I do have a screenshot, do you still want it?

Emrys
03-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Just a heads up - Email notifications, at least for the forum, have stopped since the server change.

Admin
03-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Email was temporarily disabled due to testing the server configuration, but we have re-enabled it as of this morning.