It's in two weeks and no one is talking about it. lol

http://www.comicontoronto.com/

MutantCanuck
02-25-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm going!

HareyuNanami
02-25-2013, 12:25 PM
AHHH!
RICHARD COX IS GOING TO BE THERE?!?!!??!
I wanna goooooooo!
I hope I can goooooooooo!! <3

Ani_BEE
02-25-2013, 12:36 PM
I was tempted but the $54 for the tickert and round tip. I'd rather puttowards the items i would have bought there. lol

I might to it next year as I'm getting a VIP pass for this years Fan Expo. ;)

MutantCanuck
02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
I was tempted but the $54 for the tickert and round tip. I'd rather puttowards the items i would have bought there. lol

I might to it next year as I'm getting a VIP pass for this years Fan Expo. ;)

My premium pass from 2012 gets me in free one day, and I might or might not go on Sunday. Depends on the schedule. I take the GO in from Guelph and just take the subway up. XD

seiryuux
02-25-2013, 12:53 PM
I probably wont go, as I'm feeling a little con and cosplay fatigue after Con-G and want to rest up for AN.

HidoshiNobunaga
02-25-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm also preparing for AN, among other things. I'm doing Gryphcon and a major meeting this weekend, so that's gonna totally tucker me out.

Rainbowgasm
02-25-2013, 02:15 PM
I'll be there with the group... cosplays in my sig! I should have my Jackel for Alucard as well as the Cassul that debuted at ConG!

Angathol
02-25-2013, 04:17 PM
I might go; one of my close friends wants to meet Sean Astin with me, so if I can budget properly for it, hopefully I can make it.

DireKitty
02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
So they have ditched the anime con in March and went for a bigger comic con, but have some anime voice actors attending. Interesting.

Rainbowgasm
02-25-2013, 05:01 PM
So they have ditched the anime con in March and went for a bigger comic con, but have some anime voice actors attending. Interesting.

its the same as last year... just a bit more pricey... its like a half-FanExpo basically...

harudae
02-25-2013, 08:38 PM
AHHH!
RICHARD COX IS GOING TO BE THERE?!?!!??!
I wanna goooooooo!
I hope I can goooooooooo!! <3

My boyfriend is currently rewatching the dub of Inuyasha, so we might go to see him too haha. xD Not sure if I'll cosplay though, probably gonna try and save up for AN cosplays.

no-more-thread
02-25-2013, 08:47 PM
It's one of the few cons that I'm in the Toronto area for during school semesters so I'm definitely going! I don't think I'll be cosplaying though. Last years lack of costumes was really a downer so I'll probably just sport Lolita.

Rhapsados
02-25-2013, 09:43 PM
I was wondering where the thread for this was lol

I can't find the con schedule for this? I'm probably just going to go and wing everything like I did for Fan Expo last year. Hopefully this con will be better, though. (The last year's.)

I'll be cosplaying anyways, but I don't really have high hopes. Not many people I know are even going.

Anaru
02-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Oh man, I totally forgot this con was gonna be so soon! I'll be there on Saturday as Mabel with my friend as Dipper :)

flash1616
02-25-2013, 10:38 PM
I might go; one of my close friends wants to meet Sean Astin with me, so if I can budget properly for it, hopefully I can make it.

I want to meet him too~ he was freakin' Twoflower!

I'll be Pitsi and joining up with what seems to be a large amount of other Magi cosplayers.

seiryuux
02-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Hmm... I have a day off on the Saturday, but I'm still not completely sure if I want to go.

mokulen22
02-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Hosting the plushie workshop again this year. I believe they gave me the same space as at FanExpo (second floor, just after the escalator). Hope the attendance is good..I don't wanna be all alone :(

flash1616
02-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Hosting the plushie workshop again this year. I believe they gave me the same space as at FanExpo (second floor, just after the escalator). Hope the attendance is good..I don't wanna be all alone :(
I'll show up again! what do you think you'll be doing this round?

Rhapsados
02-26-2013, 07:27 PM

I'll try and attend! It comes down to what the people I'm going with want to do, but I'll try and pressure them haha.

So far I haven't seen much hype at all for TCC so I'm not betting on tons of attendance in whole, really.

zeekayart
02-28-2013, 02:13 PM
I'll be going, but I'll be in the Artist Alley the whole time so I'm thinking I won't cosplay. Maybe I'll wear a kigurumi but yeah, I need a break from cosplaying behind the table!

kawaiilove
02-28-2013, 02:24 PM
I may go for one day :)

sweet_kat22
02-28-2013, 03:11 PM
If I get the money I might go but not sure.

Seena-Cha
03-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I am going both days (:
saturday is default himari from mawaru penguindrum
sunday is rip van winkle from hellsing OVA.

see you all there (:

mokulen22
03-02-2013, 09:51 AM
I'll show up again! what do you think you'll be doing this round?

this (http://hushplush.blogspot.ca/2013/02/strawberry-plushie.html)

kawaiilove
03-02-2013, 08:21 PM
this (http://hushplush.blogspot.ca/2013/02/strawberry-plushie.html)

OMG! I'm not going to miss it this time!

Ani_BEE
03-06-2013, 10:11 AM
It seem that the Liberty Entertainment Group is doing 3 cosplay/comi-con parties this weekended as well on Friday, Saturday and Monday. ;)

http://www.libertygroup.com/events/events.html

sweet_kat22
03-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Will not be going :( Ah well there is Anime North :)

kawaiilove
03-06-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm working too much and too lazy to finish my costume!
I love procrastination <3

SunAngel7
03-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Anyone or any groups planning on dressing up and going to the ComiCon? Anyone taking the bus or subway? lol I wanna go with other people who plan on dressing up:wave:

Rainbowgasm
03-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Anyone or any groups planning on dressing up and going to the ComiCon? Anyone taking the bus or subway? lol I wanna go with other people who plan on dressing up:wave:

I'm pretty sure we're not taking the bus or subway, but we are taking the train, its usually not all that odd to people surprisingly XP we get a few questions when its elaborate or we have props but that's it...

Miss_Wraith
03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
I'll be there all weekend as a Hunter from L4D. Should be good times.

Wenora
03-08-2013, 08:49 AM
I am taking the bus and subway to get there, in costume too but with a jacket on since my costume isn't cold friendly. (@SunAngel7) It depends on which way you're coming from; ya it would be nice to be with another person in costume.
I'll be going on Saturday as Lady Divinite.

zeekayart
03-08-2013, 11:28 AM
pretty excited for this tomorrow, not gonna cosplay but i'll be in the artist alley with a friend. woooo!

mokulen22
03-08-2013, 09:23 PM
I will be cosplaying - a very rushed Momo Hinamori (from bleach). I made the armband in 30 minutes hahaha. I hope to purchase wooden version at the con

Does anyone think the dealers room will have anime related stuff?

Rhapsados
03-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Probably. There's anime stuff at every con, regardless of whether it's an anime convention or not. Plus, they just added some more anime stuff to the schedule, so it can't be a completely comic centered convention anyways.

Rainbowgasm
03-09-2013, 06:02 PM
So we didn't get in today because it was sold out but we got tickets for tomorrow... it was like the worst day ever... i'm so mad... we'll go tomorrow and try to enjoy but we're not going to DTAC... and we're only going to FanExpo because its in summer and we already have tickets and plans for the masquerade...

seiryuux
03-09-2013, 09:21 PM
So we didn't get in today because it was sold out but we got tickets for tomorrow... it was like the worst day ever... i'm so mad... we'll go tomorrow and try to enjoy but we're not going to DTAC... and we're only going to FanExpo because its in summer and we already have tickets and plans for the masquerade...

I was a little lucky in this regard. After leaving a little later than I wanted, I made it to MTCC at 10:15am and I wasn't too far from the entrance in the buying tickets line.

But I agree with that you. After seeing only 1/2 to 2/3 of the floor being used and hearing about the cap from a friend, I've been saying one thing the whole day: "It's HobbyStar. What do I expect from them anymore?"

At any rate, I still had fun picture taking and cosplaying an old school fighting game character and still get recognized. I'll be posting pics fairly soon.

MutantCanuck
03-09-2013, 11:13 PM

Aw, I'm really sad that happened for you! D: I had a pretty nice time, made friends and even got on citytv news....sorry, I'm giddy about it still so I keep repeating it...

chicken_lover
03-10-2013, 01:11 AM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151144024012168.1073741825.507367167&type=3

Don't know if it's on public settings, but I've got a couple shots from FanExpo. Feel free to tag yourselves/friends. :>

seiryuux
03-10-2013, 07:36 AM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151144024012168.1073741825.507367167&type=3

Don't know if it's on public settings, but I've got a couple shots from FanExpo. Feel free to tag yourselves/friends. :>

The site says it's unavailable.

SuperBee
03-10-2013, 07:41 AM

This is why I am hesitant on going. I have heard this about Comicon a number of times.

DireKitty
03-10-2013, 08:18 AM
I was a little lucky in this regard. After leaving a little later than I wanted, I made it to MTCC at 10:15am and I wasn't too far from the entrance in the buying tickets line.

But I agree with that you. After seeing only 1/2 to 2/3 of the floor being used and hearing about the cap from a friend, I've been saying one thing the whole day: "It's HobbyStar. What do I expect from them anymore?"

At any rate, I still had fun picture taking and cosplaying an old school fighting game character and still get recognized. I'll be posting pics fairly soon.

They are a company out to make money. They also know that they can screw up over and over again and people will still give them money (and will make excuses for them, and go to their other events). So they have a very easy market to work with, which means they have little incentive to improve.

Anaru
03-10-2013, 09:33 AM
I made it in around 3- but it was still a really bad con. Don't feel too bad if you didn't make it in - it's honestly a better idea to just hang out with friends around the convention. Definitely not going next year.

chicken_lover
03-10-2013, 10:07 AM
The site says it's unavailable.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151144024012168.1073741825.507367167&type=1&l=267d89dd3a

My bad.

Diagnosed
03-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Aw, I'm really sad that happened for you! D: I had a pretty nice time, made friends and even got on citytv news....sorry, I'm giddy about it still so I keep repeating it...

Hmmm this is why I've been debating going. I feel the *urge* to go... be in that atmosphere with other fans, maybe meet some cool people if I have the guts to say hi lol... But it truly is a role of the dice as to whether you'll have a good experience or not. There's only a couple hours left... Should I go? Or should I spend some dedicated time in solitude to entertaining myself with media and work on my costume (which I typically don't have much time to do)?

seiryuux
03-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Here are all my Comicon/MTAC 2013 pics (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151503849276251.1073741825.515471250&type=1).

Enjoy!

Limeyaku
03-10-2013, 03:05 PM
I went in costume, drove 2 hours, paid for parking and was turned away at the door because it was sold out and they weren't letting anyone else in for the day.

Then I learned that two friends when a half hour and an hour after me and bought tickets on site and got in no problem.

Hobbystar/FanExpo continues to F over their customers.

Rhapsados
03-10-2013, 05:16 PM
To be honest, there wasn't much going on inside, so you didn't miss much at all.

The security made my experience HORRIBLE. They told me the wristband I was wearing wasn't visible enough so the security guard grabbed me by my wig and dragged me by it and almost pulled it off! It was ridiculous. He was almost two heads taller than me, so I don't see why he even felt the need to do that.

Angathol
03-10-2013, 06:47 PM
I was able to get in after the tickets sold out, thanks to receiving an extra press badge from a friend. Beyond loitering on the registration level with cosplaying friends for a bit, I didn't check out the actual convention at all; I was on a mission to meet Sean Astin, and got my LOTR Blu-rays signed. The line was handled pretty well, and I managed to spot nearly all of the Star Trek: TNG cast along the way. Since the Sean Astin line extended beyond the curtain backdrops in front of which the guests were stationed, I actually managed to spot a few actors leaving their autograph sessions while behind the curtain. Patrick Stewart passed right by and I heard his magical voice saying "move aside!" cheerfully, since he needed to cut through our line with his three helpers.

Even though my time there was spent solely in line for autographs and I booked it out of there as fast as I could when I was done, it was worth it. Generally more relaxed than Fan Expo. Kind of glad I didn't browse the dealer's room though, it seemed a bit crowded (and I saved myself from being -$170 from that Good Smile Madoka my friend told me was in the dealer's room somewhere).

Side note: I could really do without the attention-magnet Daleks making massive traffic jams, after seeing them being kind of a nuisance in the much smaller hallways of Con-G. :| No offense Daleks, but you're hard to maneuver around. Some cons aren't made for bulky cosplays.

mokulen22
03-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Call me a party-pooper but those Daleks freak me out. Loud noise scare me and those air guns are not quite. :( They also move slowly and in a crowded space annoy everyone in the dealer's room.

Anyways, on topic...

As I was stuck manning my Plushie workshop both days I didn't see much of the con. I did a quick walk around the artist alley and saw all the great stuff. I didn't see many cosplayers though :( I think they were all upstairs somewhere or outside or anywhere other than near my workshop tables.

The downside to working a con means you don't get to experience it.

no-more-thread
03-10-2013, 09:19 PM
As I was stuck manning my Plushie workshop both days I didn't see much of the con. I did a quick walk around the artist alley and saw all the great stuff. I didn't see many cosplayers though :( I think they were all upstairs somewhere or outside or anywhere other than near my workshop tables.

The downside to working a con means you don't get to experience it.

Thank you for putting on the plushy workshop! It was a very nice break from the con for my friend and I :D I hope you didn't have to stay to late and got off at 4 like you wanted

The con was what I expected. I got there around 10:45 so I no issues with getting tickets. Once the doors opened the line moved well too. Seeing all the rented out space being used to set up entrance lines was very annoying, especially since I felt there was not a lot of programming, and that space could have been used better. This con was more of an excuse to wear lolita and meet up with a friend then anything else. We spend the whole day just walking around in circles looking at the same stuff (So basically since neither of us wanted autographs, the con seemed like a giant market).

I didn't have high hopes, thus I was not disappointed or too frustrated. It's always sad though when there are not many cosplayers.

DireKitty
03-10-2013, 09:20 PM
To be honest, there wasn't much going on inside, so you didn't miss much at all.

The security made my experience HORRIBLE. They told me the wristband I was wearing wasn't visible enough so the security guard grabbed me by my wig and dragged me by it and almost pulled it off! It was ridiculous. He was almost two heads taller than me, so I don't see why he even felt the need to do that.

... that would be assault, and that should be reported....

kawaiilove
03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
I just ignore all negative comments to hobby star events lol.
I loved it! I had such a great time! And My boyfriend had never been to a con and it was his first one and he loved it as well!

flash1616
03-11-2013, 04:55 AM
I like to make the best of things, especially when I go to the trouble of making a trip out to Toronto, so I did enjoy the con, I didn't get a satuday ticket, because I was in that line for an hour without being told they were already sold out already, made me miffed. In the end I bought a Sunday ticket and a general admission to the TNG cast sat. evening event. Both of which I enjoyed, I went to some of the Q&As and went up to talk to Sean Astin, to which we both geeked over the Disc World series and talked about Miramar NZ since we've both lived there, until we were told to stop talking as the line behind was growing.

I made the best of it, but I simply can't excuse Hobbystar's lack of care anymore. They continue to plan poorly for the crowds that they know they will draw in and hire terribly untrained security and staff to manage it. Hate to say it, but I'm not going to be apart of these fiascos anymore.

zeekayart
03-11-2013, 08:45 AM
my weekend generally went okay, artist alley went fine but i won't be doing it again 'cause it wasn't really my crowd to sell at, but glad i did it so i don't have to worry about doing fanexpo this year. the only staff interaction i had was asking them where to line up for brad swaile's autograph, they told me to line up in front and i stood there... and then noticed the much much longer line behind the curtain. which i proceeded to wait 2 hours for. sigh.

my artist alley friend did well, it was his first con selling at and he was really happy he broke even, but his car was broken into after the con and all of his artist alley earning were stolen, as well as all his electronics he brought. we filed a report, and left feeling shell-shocked. never leave valuables in your cars, guys, especially in the parking garage at 200 queens quay west. other cars were broken into in there too. to cap it all off when i removed my makeup at night i was so tired i accidently used nail polish remover instead of my baby oil to remove my eye makeup. so i think i said "oh my god" about 50 times yesterday.

Ani_BEE
03-11-2013, 09:00 AM

I went in costume, drove 2 hours, paid for parking and was turned away at the door because it was sold out and they weren't letting anyone else in for the day.

Then I learned that two friends when a half hour and an hour after me and bought tickets on site and got in no problem.

Hobbystar/FanExpo continues to F over their customers.

This is what I was afraid of. Even if I get a VIP pass there's a chance they would still be sold out and not getting in, At which point I would have wasted Greyhound bus fare. >_>

I'd like to support Wizard world but They are mostly North American comics orientated. I'm not sure if the want to any of my Anime/Manga cosplays there.

I'm surprised you eyes went sting from a the acetone zeekayart, unless yours was acetone free.

By any chance did 200 queens quay has security camera. This is not a deterrent in Toronto but it does help with catching them.

seiryuux
03-11-2013, 10:25 AM
my artist alley friend did well, it was his first con selling at and he was really happy he broke even, but his car was broken into after the con and all of his artist alley earning were stolen, as well as all his electronics he brought. we filed a report, and left feeling shell-shocked. never leave valuables in your cars, guys, especially in the parking garage at 200 queens quay west. other cars were broken into in there too.

OMG, that's a block away from where I parked (the cash-only parking garage just north of Harbourfront Centre).

zeekayart
03-11-2013, 11:45 AM
seiryuux, yeah we were very close to the convention centre. both cars we saw in our lot that got broken into were honda civics near the lights. we left for dinner at 5:30, came back at 6:45, and within that time the car was broken into. can't believe the weekend ended like that.

ani_bee, it had acetone in it, my eye was stinging and i had to flush it out for about 5 minutes. i only used it on the top part of my eye so it wasn't that bad... until i started to rub it in and it dripped in my eye and i was wondering why my baby oil smelled nothing like baby oil and my eye was stinging lol. and it was funny because about 15 minutes before taking off my makeup i was reading a post on tumblr that was detailing safety concerns in constructing cosplay with costumes and props. i messed up the least dangerous part of cosplay!! ahhh.

edit: my full review and pictures are here on my tumblr: http://zeekayart.tumblr.com/post/45087766788

zeochan
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
I went grocery shopping with my parents yesterday and I saw my friend's mom there and went to say "hi!" and chat with her a little; and ask how things were doing and I asked where she (my friend) was, and turns out she was at ComicCon. I figured she'd be there with her mom as well or at home. But I guess reading what others have said about this con, turns out I didn't miss anything o.o' ? Btw, i'm sorry to those who had a bad time D: !

JSMC168
03-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Me and my group didnt buy ticket to go in for once, since i know there is usually a cosplay hangout somewhere else (either at the opposit side of the building or at Round house). I was surprise at the lack of cosplayers. We arrive at MTCC around 1pmish n we wandered to the north building (since the con is in the south) we found 0 cosplayers and we decide to have a photoshoot. pretty much no more Hobbystar cons for us, we prob use those dates as a meet up dates for photoshoot, and will not waste any more money on them anymore.

DinosaurusRex
03-13-2013, 01:46 AM
Hello!

Our Top 20 Best Cosplay from Toronto ComiCon 2013 are here (http://dinosaurusrex.ca/2013/03/top-20-costumes-at-toronto-comicon-2013/)!

You can also find all 150+ photo here (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.429324863821688.1073741826.290261997727976&type=1).

Enjoy! :)

X_2_
03-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Due to the Star Trek TNG crew being there, the majority of cosplay was, understandably, just simple Trek uniforms that a lot of people were wearing. Saw three people in Borg getups, that was neat.

Rainbowgasm
03-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Hello!

Our Top 20 Best Cosplay from Toronto ComiCon 2013 are here (http://dinosaurusrex.ca/2013/03/top-20-costumes-at-toronto-comicon-2013/)!

You can also find all 150+ photo here (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.429324863821688.1073741826.290261997727976&type=1).

Enjoy! :)

you got one of both our groups (Hellsing and Korra), and its great you voted our Seras #2 in top 20! I definitely agree that she was one of the best (though not to sound cocky, I thought my whole group was amongst some of the best there, perhaps I'm biased and we're really all bad... oh well, you can never tell!) there, but you did miss quite a few REALLY great cosplays! ;)

kawaiilove
03-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Toronto Comicon Pictures! (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.497663650281095.1073741826.490168261030634&type=3)

Forgot to post this!
Tag people you know please! :D

DinosaurusRex
03-21-2013, 10:09 PM
you got one of both our groups (Hellsing and Korra), and its great you voted our Seras #2 in top 20! I definitely agree that she was one of the best (though not to sound cocky, I thought my whole group was amongst some of the best there, perhaps I'm biased and we're really all bad... oh well, you can never tell!) there, but you did miss quite a few REALLY great cosplays! ;)

Thanks for checking out our post! Agreed, we probably missed quite a few really great cosplays. It's sometimes not easy grabbing photos of everyone but we try our best :)

We spent the two days covering the celeb Q+A's and took time when we could to snap pics of the cosplayers in between. If you ever see us walking around be sure to stop and pose!