PDA

View Full Version : Hack Sign cosplay

Poru
03-09-2004, 08:14 PM
For my first costume I'm steering towards making either a Sora or Tsukasa costume. Hack Sign is probably my favourite anime at the moment, so it seems right to make a costume from that.
Opinions on which would be the best to make would be much appreciated. Thankyou.

Tenshi
03-09-2004, 08:39 PM
If this is your first costume, you should probably go with Tsukasa. Sora would require knowledge of armoring, how to sew stretchy fabrics, and pretty extensive wig styling. It's a costume even I (someone who's already made two .hack//SIGN costumes, albeit easy ones) would be hesitant to make ^^;;. That being said, if you REALLY love Sora, and have a lot of time before the con you plan to debut it at, go for it! You'll need a whole lot of patience, though.

Poru
03-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Luckily I am quite a patient person. But thankyou for the advice, from that I think I'll be going for Tsukasa, as much as I love Sora. I can't wait to see how it turns out though. I'll be sure to post pictures of it.
Others please feel free to post opinions though, I would love more suggestions.

Eleryth
03-10-2004, 12:28 AM
I say go for Sora! There's not enough of them. I am not a major seamstress, but attempted this costume anyway. The pants and shirt were actually really easy to make (with a slightly stretchy fabric, nothing like lycra/spandex) - it was sewing on the purple that was a pain. As for the weapons, I didn't make them - my boyfriend did, out of foam core, but he has a new method planned for later, when he has time to remake them. The blade actually was removeable - it was cool. There are many threads on armor, and many techniques you could use. With trial and error, I don't think it would be that difficult. We just didn't do enough research beforehand on the variety of ways it could be constructed. As for the wig, I don't think it would be that difficult either. The fake hair we used was terrible, and I guess that's what you get for using something really cheap. We used black hair extensions (even though Sora's hair is a blackish green) because his hair was already black, and attached it to the inside of the headband. That's it - no wig involved.

Anyways, getting too long here. You can do it if you want to! Honestly! If you want help with the clothes, feel free to PM me. That's the only part I did. Pictures should be up on our shared website (link in sig).

Yay Sora! Bamyouum! :)

Jekka
03-10-2004, 01:58 PM
There was a Sora in our hack group back at Katsucon, and I don't think the costume was overly difficult for him. He took a basic black unitard and elaborated from there - he did the same with the hair as the other Sora mentioned, though.. hair extensions attached to the headband, with a bit of glue in them for elevation.

I'll find some pictures of how it turned out - good luck!!

Poru
03-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Thankyou for more advice. I'm being steered more towards Sora now, but I will make sure I do a lot of research before I start anything.