PDA

View Full Version : Love Hina Cosplay ...

Setsuki-chan
11-14-2002, 05:52 PM
I've been thinking of going as Naru Narsegawa for one of the next Cons, because I find her outfits to be fairly easy to assemble, and they're cute, to boot. I haven't seen many Love Hina cosplayers out there, and I was wondering if any of you have ever come across Love Hina cosplayers, or were maybe /thinking/ about Cosplaying as characters from this show... :love:

SohjiroX
11-14-2002, 06:02 PM
was thinking of doing the main character, forgive me for not saying his name cause, I cant spell good at all, I know its with a K and all but in anycase, I was going to be one for yaoi con, for friends. If you go to that I will see you I guess.

Setsuki-chan
11-14-2002, 06:18 PM
Hehe.... Keitaro Urashima? Oh man! That would rock.

I'd love to be Mutsumi, but unfortunately, I don't look anything like her. XD

Sana-chan
11-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Me and my cosplay group dressed up as Love Hina ppl at Comic Con and for AX we even have more of the cast so it's cool ^^.

Kortnie Li
11-14-2002, 06:38 PM
I'm going as Naru 2 Ushi-con2003 XD and my ex-BF ish going as Keitarou X3!!!

katchoo
11-14-2002, 07:02 PM
I am making a Naru Xmas outfit just for fun for this christmas. Maybe I'll wear it on a sunday of a con.

Setsuki-chan
11-14-2002, 07:06 PM
Dude! You guys rock.

If I ever get that Naru costume together, I'll be sure to put it up in my Gallery here (which is, as of right now, non-existant. ^^; )

SleepingKirby
11-14-2002, 07:20 PM
That reminds me, I need to get my seta glasses fixed...

Sakura
11-14-2002, 08:26 PM
I'm working on assembling a Naru costume ^_^; I look more like Haruka or Motoko if anyone though... but that's what wigs are for!

Alaria
11-14-2002, 08:41 PM
lol, I'd like to do Mitsumi, and Su...or mebbe Su's older sister and my lil' sis will be Su!

Setsuki-chan
11-14-2002, 08:47 PM
Alaria~ That would be so cool. ^^ Not many people have cosplayed as Suu-chan's older sister, methinks. :love:

Babbit_Chan
11-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by katchoo24
I am making a Naru Xmas outfit just for fun for this christmas. Maybe I'll wear it on a sunday of a con.

Awww that's gonna be so cute! I was thinking about doing the same thing with the Christmas Sailor Moon outfits (there's a pic somewhere, can't find it nao >_<), but maybe I'll save it for next year.

As far as Love Hina cosplay, I don't think I'll be doing any, unless I do Suu :D She's so much like me and I'd look like her if i dyed my hair and let it grow!

Emeralda
11-14-2002, 09:06 PM
We had almost a complete Love Hina cast at last year's Neko-con.. I think we were missing Sarah and that's about it. There's pics on Fans View. Tehehe.. I loved my Shinobou costume, nice, fluffy fleece.

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 02:03 AM
I was part of a Love Hina group with Sana-chan this summer. In fact that's what my icon is from at the moment! lol Just noticed that... I try to stay away from wigs but I had to cosplay Kitsune, even though I look more like Motoko, if any of them. Love Hina is so fun to cosplay! You can come up with the best poses for photos. We took so many pictures that day lol.

Rinnie
11-15-2002, 12:01 PM
depending on what I do with my hair by then ^_^ I'll probably be doing Otohime

SohjiroX
11-15-2002, 04:22 PM
If anyone goes to Yaoi con and I am K guy, sorry cant spell and dont want to ruin his name, I want an aunt Haruka...*hit by back hand* I mean Haruka. Cause I want to glomp them and get lots and lots of pics.

Iori E
11-15-2002, 04:28 PM
I was Kanako for AX '02. But the only other LH cosplayer I saw there was a Naru. Too bad I retired that costume already, I might've worn it to more cons...

Alaria
11-15-2002, 11:35 PM
ohhh, Haruka would be fun! I forgot about that :) What I'd like to do is cosplay from that one RPG dream episode! OMG I love it when Shinobu does the whole transformation making fun of Sailor Moon

Iori E
11-15-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Saru
waaaait....Andy was a girl O_O?!;;;;

Yeeeeeeeeeesssss............... :P

Sana-chan
11-16-2002, 12:54 AM
Ooo Kanako cosplayers! I haven't seen anyone do her- must see piccies XD

Iori E
11-16-2002, 01:15 AM
.......yeah. It was my first real crossplay, and I look like... um... crap. -_-;;;;

moo
11-16-2002, 04:21 AM
Yeeeeehaaaa, Love Hina!

Ahem. I cosplayed Motoko for this past Ani-Magic. Here's a piccie with Naru, Shinobu and the vile Tama-chan:
http://divideby0.com/photos/2002-Ani-Magic/pics/DSCN1791.JPG

I tried to do the hair speedbumps but the hairgel wasn't strong enough :P

I was pondering making her RPG-dreamscape episode outfit for a future con like Anime North or Fanime '03, along with a revision of her usual kendo oufit. Gatherings, anyone? :)

Sana-chan
11-16-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Iori E
.......yeah. It was my first real crossplay, and I look like... um... crap. -_-;;;;

I wanna seeeeeeeeee lol. Didja wear her main outfit? Post a pic lol.

Originally posted by moo
I tried to do the hair speedbumps but the hairgel wasn't strong enough :P

lol all the LH ppls hair requires tons of gel O_o. But you did a really good job! For Comic Con 02 I kinda cheated with the hair, but for AX I'm planning on using a wig cuz my real hair juss won't work -_-. Here's a pic of us during Comic Con...
http://www.boomspeed.com/sanachan/lovehinaness.jpg

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 10:03 AM
Moo! You make such a good Motoko! Are you going to Anime Expo next year? If you are, please bring that and we can take cool Love Hina pics like we did for Ah My Goddess on Masquerade night. ^_^
Here's a pic of us with my cousin (one of them) and the AX duck floating around behind us
http://satokasunoai.crosswinds.net/ax02/saturday45.html

SohjiroX
11-16-2002, 03:28 PM
*looks at the pics* man....if I do "K" I am so going to have noise bleeds........but there most be a aunt Horuka *back hand again* I mean Horuka. that hurt.........in anycase, I am deffinatly doing him for yaoi con but if I get him done fast enough, well.....AX or fanime will show him. Tarzan and SU......*love hine music video* I give this the two thumbs way way up award from Hades.

Iori E
11-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Saru
dude Andy u shoulda worn a towel XD !!! or the outfit that she try to get to Keitaro with hahahaha sorry I think ur costume is great XD too cool!!! WOW GREAT AH MY GODDESS COSTUMES!!! XDDDDDDD SUKKKKEKEEE!!! WOOOOOOOOO !!!! <---ppl should stop feedin the monkeys chocolate balance bars....don't they know not to feed the animals in the zoo?!

XD If I still had my long hair, you'd be seeing an eyeful... XDDDDDDD

*wonders whether to show his pics*
I... think I'll wait a bit. :P

Sana-chan
11-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Awww come on show show show lol.

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 07:22 PM
Come on, why torture us?? It can't be *that* much fun... lol Let's see some pics!

psythe
11-16-2002, 07:24 PM
You can't bait the thread like that.

Let's see some photos. ^^v

SohjiroX
11-16-2002, 07:24 PM
Yeah

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 07:29 PM
::whispers:: peer pressure.... lol

moo
11-17-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Sana-chan
lol all the LH ppls hair requires tons of gel O_o. But you did a really good job! For Comic Con 02 I kinda cheated with the hair, but for AX I'm planning on using a wig cuz my real hair juss won't work -_-.

Thankyew! Y'all were all too damn cool with the towels! Your hair's fine. It's the antenna that makes it Naru(tm). :) I don't like wigs so it was a relief to use my own hair for once. Next time I will use industrial-strength hair goo for the speedbumps.

Originally posted by Something Lulu
Moo! You make such a good Motoko! Are you going to Anime Expo next year? If you are, please bring that and we can take cool Love Hina pics like we did for Ah My Goddess on Masquerade night. ^_^

Yes, pre-reg'd for AX2003! I'm definitely bringing Motoko as it's the comfiest costume I have so far, and she needs to be around to keep an eye on Keitaro. XD

BTW, is Cousin Urd/Mutsumi on this board too?

KuroBara
11-17-2002, 09:00 AM
I cosplayed Naru's cram school outfit, and my boyfriend went as Seta-san. (Yay for all-purpose lab coat cosplays!)

http://roserevolution.com/cosplay/naru.html

The outfit was so comfy!

>What I'd like to do is cosplay from that one RPG dream episode! OMG I love it when Shinobu does the whole transformation making fun of Sailor Moon

YES! Lol, my friends and I are tossing around the idea of doing the play episode. This is mainly so someone can scream "I'm not a monkey"!

Something Lulu
11-17-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by moo
I don't like wigs so it was a relief to use my own hair for once.

My Love Hina costume is the only one I've used a wig for so far. But apparently next year is going to be the year of the wigs. @_@

Yes, pre-reg'd for AX2003! I'm definitely bringing Motoko as it's the comfiest costume I have so far, and she needs to be around to keep an eye on Keitaro. XD

Great! Maybe we can coordinate? We've already planned what days we're wearing stuff but I don't have the list on this comp. (Yes, we're psycho lol. But we've found it's much better to be prepared waaay in advance, otherwise we run into problems.)

BTW, is Cousin Urd/Mutsumi on this board too?

Um, I don't think she really comes on here. Not sure, though. I'll tell her you asked. :)

Sana-chan
11-17-2002, 05:06 PM
No Ali/Urd/Mutsumi doesn't come here. She's not into the whole board-o thingy thingy.

>>Thankyew! Y'all were all too damn cool with the towels! Your hair's fine. It's the antenna that makes it Naru(tm). I don't like wigs so it was a relief to use my own hair for once. Next time I will use industrial-strength hair goo for the speedbumps.

Weeeee thankyou!! Towels are fun XD. Naru's antennas make me feel like a TV lol.

Iori E
11-17-2002, 05:18 PM
There.
Now aren't you sorry you asked?

*runs*

Alaria
11-17-2002, 05:20 PM
chuuu! if u peeps will do Love Hina stuff at AX I might do Su's older sis and have my sis do su, if that's ok with u guys...^__^

Something Lulu
11-17-2002, 08:33 PM
Cool! The more Love Hina the better!

Iori - you guys look great! lol Love Hina is so fun

Sana-chan
11-19-2002, 07:30 AM
Mwahhaha yesh, you guys look very coolio ^_~.

More LHness (nods nods). And Su and her older sis would be super cool! Now to find someone to be the brother lol. But yes we'll definately be doing LH at AX XD.

celestial51484
11-21-2002, 02:04 AM
Ooooh... I'm planning to do Motoko for AX '03... If I can find red hakamas or make them o_O and maybe I'll dress up for comic-con in san diego next year as well.

^_^

Something Lulu
11-21-2002, 02:11 AM
Cool! We'll be at both. Hope to see you there!

BlitzballMstr
05-05-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm doing a Seta for Acen 03
Can't find a Orange Shirt grrr guess I'll have to dye one or use my red which is close to orange, plus its too hot for a lab coat....I hope people will recognize me...lol I do have blood for the head injuries though.

Jun_Kazama
05-06-2003, 09:50 AM
I'll be Narusegawa at Acen this year.
I'll be wearing her costume from ep. 16 (Goku)

minako chan
05-06-2003, 01:02 PM
I was Shinobu at Anime USA this year....blah

BlitzballMstr
05-06-2003, 03:35 PM
We have to get together for a picture at acen. which day are you going as Naru?

vyrax778
05-06-2003, 08:52 PM
im going As Shinobu in her school uniform would do her regular dress but I already have a Fuku and I cant sew.
edit cuz i type to fast.

I will of course be caring a Tama Chan :-D

Jun_Kazama
05-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by BlitzballMstr
We have to get together for a picture at acen. which day are you going as Naru?

Me?
I'll be Naru on Friday.

BabiiYunie
05-07-2003, 12:50 PM
I want to do Kanako (Love Hina Again) in Otakon, Anyone else doing Love Hina in Ota 03?

BlitzballMstr
05-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Jun_Kazama
Me?
I'll be Naru on Friday.

Cool, I'll look for ya. If you see a Seta in a red shirt(althought its a close rust match...) with head injuries thats me. You can either yell throw objects and etc to get my attention...all the above work. But, I'll keep my eyes out for ya :wave:

marsie
05-08-2003, 02:51 AM
I am going to be Kitsune! She is my favorite character, Anyone who loves beer as much as she does is okay in my book!

I will prolly do either her purple and black outfit or her hot Spring towel. Depending on how warm it is.

It will be at Shoujo Con.

Usagi Mylene
05-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Speaking of Love Hina, can anyone out there tell me where I can get a wig for Naru?

I plan on dressing up as her for Halloween since I get easily get most of her outfits (The "Salem" outfit or the Yellow Top and red skirt. also that and I'm broke! ^.^)

I'm trying to find people to dress up as the rest of the gang and have a little photo shoot on Halloween but so far I got nothing.

I hope you guys have fun and remeber to post pictures!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Something Lulu
05-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by marsie
I am going to be Kitsune! She is my favorite character, Anyone who loves beer as much as she does is okay in my book!

I will prolly do either her purple and black outfit or her hot Spring towel. Depending on how warm it is.

It will be at Shoujo Con.

lol I cosplayed Kitsune in the bath towel at Comic Con last year. (I have pics in my gallery of me passed out lol.) It was warm outside but the air conditioning indoors made my feet cold. I'll be wearing it at AX this summer with a Naru and Mutsumi in towels, maybe some other ppl too but we have to see.

yunaffx2
05-21-2003, 06:47 PM
hey im goin as Naru also! im goin to the NYO picnic in central park ill convience my brother to be Keitaro Urashima ^^

yasafusa
05-21-2003, 09:17 PM
How do you do those cute little "Antennae" That Naru and the girls have?

Originally posted by Setsuki-chan
Purgamentum init, exit purganentum... Garbage in, Garbage out.

Semper ubi sububi... Always wear underwear!

HAHA... Latin is FUN!

motokonoda
05-30-2003, 08:59 PM

omg.. i was browsin through the threads on this site and i just realized who u were.. i had my friend take a picture of u cuz' i liked ur costume. i was the regular motoko from the anime series. ur pic is also on eurobeat's acen photo's ^_^

Minako Kou
06-01-2003, 01:50 PM
I was one of the Naru's at Ohayocon03...veeery easy to assemble the costume! ^_^ I should probably add that picture to my gallery hmm..O.o;

My friends bailed on me from doing MiniMoni. so I did Naru VERY last minute.... my really bad picture and crap here.

The picture attached is courtesy of Fansview *nods* My friend has better pictures I may post those later if I get the chance.

Waaa good luck *huggle* ^_^

-Minappe

motokonoda
06-01-2003, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Minako Kou
[B]I was one of the Naru's at Ohayocon03...veeery easy to assemble the costume! ^_^ I should probably add that picture to my gallery hmm..O.o;

My friends bailed on me from doing MiniMoni. so I did Naru VERY last minute.... my really bad picture and crap here.

The picture attached is courtesy of Fansview *nods* My friend has better pictures I may post those later if I get the chance.

hey that pic' is good still.. i would totally recognize u were a naru for sure! =D

Eriol
06-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Minako Kou
I was one of the Naru's at Ohayocon03...veeery easy to assemble the costume! ^_^ I should probably add that picture to my gallery hmm..O.o;

-Minappe

Hmm, that outfit looks accurate to me.
So, why is it crap?

This is good. Don't discredit yourself so easily.

RedPikachu
06-01-2003, 05:42 PM
I would love to be grown up Kaolla or her older sister...

motokonoda
06-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by RedPikachu
I would love to be grown up Kaolla or her older sister...

i think bein kaolla would be fun.. if u do ever do that.. please send pic's! =D i luv love hina cosplay!

keitaro849
06-02-2003, 12:58 PM
did you see me i had a naru bed sheet?

motokonoda
06-02-2003, 08:19 PM
nope.. didn't see u. not unless u saw motoko.

Jess-Jess
06-26-2003, 08:19 PM
I will be Su at Metrocon this year ^-^ With Tama of course (hmmm...someone better hold her back so I don't eat her...) lol, it's going to be so much fun though! I really want to dress up as her grown up version too, and will probably try to go as her for AFO this year as well... If you guys see me stop by and say hello!

Jessie >^..^<

sirensfall
07-03-2003, 11:18 PM
As i said in the other post, i did Naru at Katsucon, and my boyfriend did Keitaro. One of the vendors said there was a whole slew of LH people running around, and i saw 3 or 4 Naru's, but of the red skirt/yellow shirt variety, i liked mine the best. I am doing Su at Otakon, and possibly Sara (i'm not sure how its supposed to be spelled..i prefer this spelling as it is my own).

~Sara

sheenaringo
07-05-2003, 03:49 PM
I am going to be Kaolla Su at Otakon...I am very ready and just got my uniform in today! Yay!

Jess-Jess
07-05-2003, 05:01 PM
You'll have to post some pics of you in it soon, sheenaringo! I'd love to see more Su-chans!!!! I can't wait to go to Metrocon so I can run around nuts w/ Tama-chan too! lol, I will definitally take a lot of piccies ^-^

motokonoda
07-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Jess-Jess
You'll have to post some pics of you in it soon, sheenaringo! I'd love to see more Su-chans!!!! I can't wait to go to Metrocon so I can run around nuts w/ Tama-chan too! lol, I will definitally take a lot of piccies ^-^

can't wait to see pic's of u and tama runnin round lol.. that's gonna be awesome!

keitaro849
09-10-2003, 02:42 PM
nope.. didn't see u. not unless u saw motoko.

i dont think i saw any motoko's

Jess-Jess
09-11-2003, 07:42 PM
I don't belevie i haven't posted my Su-chan and Tama pics here yet!!! Lol-how did I miss this for so long? XD Anyways, if you look in my gallery, you will see a plethora os Su & Tama piccies (they are strewn throughout a couple of pages in my gallery so you'll have to search a little ^-^) Anyways, hope you like them! If you do, please post a comment under them, I really like the responses i get from everyone. Thanks!!!

Jessie

otaku1412
02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
That reminds me, I need to get my seta glasses fixed...

where did you get your seta glasses in the first place? i need a pari for sakura con 07

keitaro849
02-22-2007, 10:33 AM
i thought this thread died ><