PDA

View Full Version : Sora Costume

KHs_Sora
03-10-2004, 07:50 PM
this is my costume: http://www.forcefedmultimedia.com/megacon/media//P1010032.JPG

I am gonna make alterations soon.

Nancyboynoire
03-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Hehehe Nice Job on the pants and shoes! But you might want to put another coat of yellow on the keyblade, I think I can see some silver showing through X_X

KHs_Sora
03-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Hehehe Nice Job on the pants and shoes! But you might want to put another coat of yellow on the keyblade, I think I can see some silver showing through X_X

the keyblade wasnt finished :P

Cait
03-10-2004, 09:23 PM
I notice you haven't even tried for a wig. That might be a thought... I don't see a keychain on the keyblade, either. The handle/hilt is also long, creating more of a rectangular look than the one in the game. The crown-like end of the key, though, is fantastic. If you're redoing it, I'd also suggest a thicker pole for a base. The video game thrives off disproportionatly large and accentuated details, like the characters' large faces. Also, the inside of the jacket looks blue in your picture and gray in the referance picture. You might want to think about stuffing cotton or or something in the pants at the knees to make them stick out a little. Right now the costume just kind of hangs on you. I like the zipper on the red jumpsuit, though. And the overall effect conveys well.

Hyperion
03-10-2004, 09:48 PM
^ As he said earlier the keyblade isn't finished, but within the timespan he did it in (only 2 days from start to Megacon) I think it looks great. The inside of the jacket is blue, which you have done correctly. I've already told you what I thought earlier so yeah.

-Hype

cutekawaii
03-11-2004, 09:28 PM
are you wearing two pairs of shorts?

~Nikki

KHs_Sora
03-11-2004, 09:31 PM
are you wearing two pairs of shorts?

~Nikki

nope, I am not

Gren
03-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Definately needs the hair. With an exagerated style like that, it's one of the main focuses of the design. I don't think the costume will look finished without at least something spikey on your head.

asmodeus
03-15-2004, 11:48 PM
i think you come off as a pretty good sora

KHs_Sora
04-01-2004, 06:50 PM
i think you come off as a pretty good sora

Thnaks! Im glad you liek my costume!

Tevina
04-02-2004, 02:43 AM
Ur shoes are cool, =P. But definitely, go for a wig. You need the spikeyness!!

Lucifer
04-02-2004, 04:47 PM
I agree here. Hair is everything. I'd recommend buying a brown punk wig (tina turner style), trim the back, and spike out the front into Sora's style. Its easy to spike out already spiked wigs.

Also, I can't see it well but your belt doesn't seem to be as 'insanely blue' as Sora's. Then again it could be the lighting.

I also agree, definitely fluff up the pants with stuffing. I had a friend who made Riku, and she stuffed her blue pants so they were just like his (huge). They also made for comfy pillows.

Good work on the partially done keyblade. Once you're fully done I'm sure it'll rock.

pyrosam
04-14-2004, 08:18 PM
I remember you from megacon you have a really nice costume there... I can only think of maybe three things.... Your hair- over spike it. 2nd r u wearing shorts underneath because it looks like their showing threw your costum-stick to maybe two pairs of boxers at most. and the keyblade is a chrome and gold combo from what I understan not a yellow and silver... ex sora's and mickey's keyblades are "sister" keyblades and are just vise versa in coloration.... I dunno maybe its just me

but go you really good costume overall

RX 03
04-23-2004, 10:03 PM
The costume is good, but you most deffinetly need the wig.

But something is bothering me about the pants and the jacket, they seem to be sagging. I suggest putting some facing in the shorts and in the bottom of the jacket to keep a shape.

Mizuho
04-24-2004, 12:06 AM
I would wear the belt a little bit more high up on your waist... it would help in emulating Sora's proportions a bit better, I think. (I actually think it would help a lot!)

Also, yeah, try making the costume more "stiff" and tidy looking... add facing, or something to make it the jacket and bodysuit a little more stiff; also, I do agree about trying to add some fluff or foam in the pant-legs to create the "poofiness" that Sora has, you know?

Takuropop
04-24-2004, 12:46 PM
I like what you have done so far, the main part of the costume is really done very well, and your shoes are really cute as well and look huuuge just like his XD Frog boy Sora that he is.

I'd just recommend the same things the others have said:

Stuff your pants with a bit of wadding to poof them out to get that disproportionate look Sora has that us regular humans don't.

Look into getting a wig. Sora is hair. It's like other male Squaresoft characters are made by their hair - e.g. Cloud, Sephiroth, Sion, Tidus, Zidane. If you work on a wig or even get one comissioned, it will draw more attention to the hard work you put into the rest of your outfit.

Raise your belt up an inch or two higher.

Other than that - great costume. And good luck with finishing your keyblade, looks great so far.