PDA

View Full Version : the hardest bosses ever...EVER!!!!

DJ(SiC)ness
11-14-2002, 09:13 PM
yes you know...i know it..

im talking about those damn tricky bosses that you fight over and over biting your lip, cursing at the screen,will not sleep untill you kill it.

who is yours?

What game is it from?

what made him tricky?

how did you slay him?

diqitaldreams
11-14-2002, 10:00 PM
Emerald Weapon. v.v; ... that bastard.

Sakura
11-14-2002, 10:49 PM
Emerald AND Ruby Weapon for me... those were so hard!

psythe
11-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Ruby Weapon, no contest. I can humbly admit that it was sheer luck that I beat him on the 323243240 time I tried.

KaitouKurogo
11-15-2002, 01:37 AM
Ruby Weapon...spent days of sheer frustration. I victory danced for an hour when I finally won.

More recently, Sephiroth as seen in Kingdom Hearts. In the name of Din, Farore, and Nayru, he's the hardest boss in the entire game. Took me exactly one hundred and fourteen tries to beat him. The first eighty-seven fights I was too busy being awed by his entrance cinematic to think of fighting him. ^_^'

Squall-chan
11-15-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by KaitouKurogo
Took me exactly one hundred and fourteen tries to beat him. The first eighty-seven fights I was too busy being awed by his entrance cinematic to think of fighting him. ^_^'

:crylaugh: that sounds exactly like something I would do...damn I need that game *runs off to watch downloaded version of entrance* ...the only problem is that I wouldn't want to hurt him...

KaitouKurogo
11-15-2002, 02:00 AM
Good luck trying to hurt him...awesome attacks, Sephi-kun has. Sin Harvest kicked my ass so many times...damn thing's a one-hit-kill if you don't have the right defensive items. Plus he has four or five health bars! All of his attacks are beautifully animated, his costume is wonderful (love the one black angel wing), his movements are fluid and smooth, and I actually cried when I beat him...brought back bad memories of his death in the Final Fantasy Series.

Squall-chan
11-15-2002, 02:07 AM
I feel your pain...seeing Sephy get hurt is not an easy thing to watch...it was hard to want to fight him in FF7...

he's so hot and u got to love that sexy wing ;)

KaitouKurogo
11-15-2002, 02:12 AM
I'm straight and I'm taken...but damn, I love him! **Snuggles his Sephiroth Plushie** His eyes...his hair...that wing!! **Swoon**

Squall-chan
11-15-2002, 02:24 AM
KaitouKurogo >
I'm straight and I'm taken...but damn, I love him! **Snuggles his Sephiroth Plushie** His eyes...his hair...that wing!! **Swoon**

:crylaugh: a guy that admits he loves Sephy...thats so great...

:eek: Ahhh!!! u have a Sephy plushie...u lucky son of a............I wish I had one....but when I finally have the money to its nowhere to be found...and when I dont its everywhere.......

KaitouKurogo
11-15-2002, 02:32 AM
I personally can't see why all guys aren't secure enough in their sexuality to openly admire beauty in all forms, be it male or female.

And damnit, Sephiroth is gorgeous. If I were gay, I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat...**nosebleed** :thumbsup:

My Sephi plush is the crown-jewel of my Plushie Army. ^_^ Followed close in second command by my Moogle.

Squall-chan
11-15-2002, 02:40 AM
Yeah, most guys r like that...but it's kewl that you're open with it and u have very good taste :D Sephy is so sexy...I say that alot...so dont mind me...

KaitouKurogo
11-15-2002, 02:45 AM
Don't mind at all. Sephy is just yummy.

^_^'....my girlfriend loves it when I say stuff like that. She's thrilled that she can say how cute an actor or bishie is and I'll usually agree with her. Thus, I'm not the jealous sort...

**Swoons for Sephi-kun again.** Ooo...Leather....

haru
11-15-2002, 03:23 AM
almost same! ruby weapon!
and that final boss of star ocean 2,
i game over 40 times when i first fight him with only 80 level

SquaresDarkNite
11-15-2002, 11:25 AM
Agree with Sephy in KH. Seph is definately one of Squares most popular and most spoken of boss. (And maybe Kefka too.) Im having a hard time killing this guy and I was also in awe after his entrance to fight him. I died 2 times on purpose to see again.:cheers:

Celine
11-15-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by haru
and that final boss of star ocean 2,
i game over 40 times when i first fight him with only 80 level

That final boss is ridiculous if you are playing universe (aka: insane) mode and you talk to Filia and have the Limiter disabled. Hahaha, I died soooooo many times. Definitely one of the most difficult battles EVER. It's a good thing you can level up high above 100 in that game... ^_^

I can't really list Sephiroth here, since I can't beat him. He's way too hard. ^^

Hungryjack
11-15-2002, 12:15 PM
Damn, I had already put KH behind me. When I'm done with Suikoden (read:never) I'll have to go level Sora up so I can stand any chance against Sephiroth.

Hey, when you beat Sephiroth, does he appear in your journal as a rotatable character? The journal is the biggest cosplay resource that I can think of that was ever built into a video game.

Miaka No Baka
11-15-2002, 01:53 PM
hehe I should try and beat sephiroth. cept I'd want to beat him for other reasons (lance bass from nsync does his voice) I hate nsync lol and pretty much any other boy band out there hehehe so while u curse at sephiroth I'll be saying "die lance die!"

Miaka no Baka

Hungryjack
11-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Miaka No Baka
(lance bass from nsync does his voice)

I guess Sephiroth says something after you beat him? He doesn't really have any dialogue before the fight, I don't think.

Demented Otaku
11-15-2002, 03:24 PM
Devil May Cry, any boss in "Dante Must Die!" mode. It takes roughly an hour to defeat the first boss... and the others alot longer... I gave up on it.

Arc_The_Lad
11-15-2002, 03:30 PM
What's with all the RPG's? I say the hardest boss was ANY boss from Splatterhouse. that game was HARD!

psythe
11-15-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Arc_The_Lad
What's with all the RPG's? I say the hardest boss was ANY boss from Splatterhouse. that game was HARD!

Splatterhouse rocked it, I loved that game. I was so amped whenever I'd get another weapon, and for its time Splatterhouse had sweet graphics. ^^;

Can't say it was very hard though. Ruby Weapon still gets the vote from me.

Deathscythe
11-15-2002, 08:02 PM
Emerald and Ruby Weapon were mere childs play. Especially Ruby Weapon. All it took was Knights of the Round and HP Absorb materia and the match was yours.

Sephiroth in KH is totally hard. That is one boss I'm having the most trouble with. I can't wait until I beat his sorry arse. I'm gonna laugh, dance, point and laugh and then shut off the game and never fight him again.

Anybody ever fight Omega "I'm one of the easiest Weapons" Weapon? God. He was totally easy. What a wuss. Beat him in 30 minutes.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by KaitouKurogo
I personally can't see why all guys aren't secure enough in their sexuality to openly admire beauty in all forms, be it male or female.

And damnit, Sephiroth is gorgeous. If I were gay, I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat...**nosebleed** :thumbsup:

My Sephi plush is the crown-jewel of my Plushie Army. ^_^
and im securose in second command by my Moogle.

im a big sephiroth fan

*hugs his Sephoiroth coke figures he just bought off ebay*

i wish i had the plushi

and im secure enough with my sexuality to say sephiroth is one fine mother

lol

omg i DL the entrance OF KH Sephiroth, and i was so gitty (yes i said gitty...DJ F*ing (SiC)ness said gitty!!!) I mean wow, it gave me warm feelings when One Wing Angle started playing

KnuxieChan
11-15-2002, 09:36 PM
A boss that's a pain.. I need help on the last boss in FFIX ^^' um.. is lvl 52-57 a good team? *waits for people to laugh*

Celine
11-15-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Shippo87
A boss that's a pain.. I need help on the last boss in FFIX ^^' um.. is lvl 52-57 a good team? *waits for people to laugh*

Well, you could always try my silly strategy which cannot be defeated! I was about 60 or 65 or something... but levels aren't as important as the skills! I equipped auto potion (be sure you have high potions) and chemist (so you get healed twice as much from the potion). Then, auto-regen and auto-life (regen is more important, since while the bosses are summoning up their big attacks, you can regen yourself back to perfect health). And High Tide (trance faster), max HP & MP up... ^_^ If you have any points left, use them towards stopping really devastating status ailments (stone, virus, beserk). I don't think it's possible to lose with that combination. XD The bosses are retardedly easy for me!!!

Alaria
11-15-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Hungryjack
I guess Sephiroth says something after you beat him? He doesn't really have any dialogue before the fight, I don't think.

Well, he certainly talks while u fight him, though thank goodness not too much. As long as you don't listen too closely, you can drown out Lance Bass' high pitched-bad voice acting skills.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-15-2002, 11:49 PM
so what does sephiroth say while you fight him?

Shadow Lady
11-16-2002, 12:28 AM
Out of all the games I've played the final Boss from FF9 was the hardest. I took me about three or four times before I got the right spell combination to beat him.

"Nooooo! Not Garnet! She has my healing spells

Crap! Zidane was my strongest character. -_- He almost had his Trance attack.

Oops. Eiko didn't last long.

Freya?:confused:"

That was pretty much how my first battle went. Pretty pathetic.:thumbsup:

Yggdrasil Pie
11-16-2002, 12:28 AM
Hmm...Hardest boss fight I had was...Zophar from Lunar 2... ^^;;;;

I spent almost one hour at a time to try to beat him... How did I beat him? I didn't...I'm still stuck...and it's been almost 2 years...^^;;;;;;

But....that's my fault for running away from the battles...^^;;

Celine
11-16-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by WaterEmperess
Hmm...Hardest boss fight I had was...Zophar from Lunar 2... ^^;;;;

Agh! Borgan from the original Sega CD version!!! AAAUUUUGH!!!! He was the reason I couldn't finish that game! I was so sad about fighting him. They wimpified him for the PSX version.

Hungryjack
11-16-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by DJ(SiC)ness
and im secure enough with my sexuality to say sephiroth is one fine mother

When Sephiroth was created, I wonder if anyone knew he would be the vehicle by which so many men would come to terms with their sexuality...

I mean, he's good looking in a CLAMP sort of way, but but I don't find him sexy. I just like him because of his big sword.

...er... *sweat drop* :thumbsup:

psythe
11-16-2002, 01:19 PM
Sephiroth is my favorite, but Kuja's prettier :thumbsup:

ryuichi fangirl
11-16-2002, 01:26 PM
I can't kill Sephy...simply because it would make me sad:bigcry:
but the hardest boss has to be Ruby Weapon! I hate that thing!!! It took forever to beat and then my brother accidentally cut the game off before I could save...I haven't even tried to do it again...

L to the 3rd
11-16-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by diqitaldreams
Emerald Weapon. v.v; ... that bastard.

F*K YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deathscythe
11-16-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Lady
Out of all the games I've played the final Boss from FF9 was the hardest. I took me about three or four times before I got the right spell combination to beat him.

"Nooooo! Not Garnet! She has my healing spells

Crap! Zidane was my strongest character. -_- He almost had his Trance attack.

Oops. Eiko didn't last long.

Freya?:confused:"

That was pretty much how my first battle went. Pretty pathetic.:thumbsup:

Ah, good ol' Necron. I made him my bitch in 6 minutes. It was really pathetic because I had my characters upto only level 63(Zidane being the only level 60+ character in my game). Steiner and Vivi just owned his arse easily.

Grand Cross Spell was so gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. I swear, Super Nova did much more damage if you weren't prepared.

psythe
11-16-2002, 07:48 PM
:rolleyes:

DJ(SiC)ness
11-17-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Deathscythe
Ah, good ol' Necron. I made him my bitch in 6 minutes. It was really pathetic because I had my characters upto only level 63(Zidane being the only level 60+ character in my game). Steiner and Vivi just owned his arse easily.

Grand Cross Spell was so gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. I swear, Super Nova did much more damage if you weren't prepared.

aren't we a little concided

Dragon_Star
11-17-2002, 01:13 AM
Emerald And Ruby Weapon. Many sleepless nights later i finally lasted 3 minutes with Ruby!!! Yeah baby!!

Sirami
11-18-2002, 02:55 AM
Hummmm.... Probably the most difficult RPG I've ever played is 7th Saga, just because of the insane leveling time required. I haven't gotten to the boss yet, but I immagine that he's going to be hard when I get there, and that I'm going to have to level for hours to beat him. Hmmm. Come to think of it, I should start working on that save again if I ever expect to beat it!

The Devil May Cry bosses are very difficult at harder difficulties, untill you get into the zone. Thing is, you have to stay in the zone the whole time you are fighting those bosses, if it's on the hardest. Can't say that about any other game's bosses really.

The zone is the state of mind that a gamer can get into in which he or she is able to utalize there skills to there current maximum potential.

This state of mind is difficult to maintane sometimes, and can be a key factor determining victory and defeat.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-18-2002, 05:00 PM
i can't wait till Devil May Cry 2

normaly i don't like Action games but...god it was awsome

KaitouKurogo
11-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Devil May Cry...wonderful game, the first I bought when I got my PS2. ^_^ I still get all warm and tingly at the memory of juggling the marionettes before finishing them with a Matrix-like jumpshot with the grenade gun. ^_^

DMC2 looks like it'll be really good. I saw a preview of it at AX2002 and the graphics really impressed me. From the looks of it, there'll be a lot of rooftop battle. That'll be a hoot.

Tifa
11-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Yeh, the boss fights for Devil May Cry were pretty hard...but I'd have to say the hardest bosses were the final fights FF7 and FF8. >< My FF7 game sucks (Cloud's at 70, and all the other characters are no higher than 25 o.o'); and the FF8 boss fight (where everyone's no higher than 35) took my sister 6 hours...and then she died. And she always brags about being so good... When I played, it took me about an hour a half to win, which I absolutely hated =--= Is that just me though...?
Oh, and that reminded me.. *talks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, sorry..* Adel was REALLY hard... I hope that's not just me, too...
*goes on talking and talking while she waits for a video to load* FF9 was soooooooooooooooo easy, I couldn't believe it...and Zidane was the highest at 30 while Eiko was the lowest at 24. (the levels for FF8 + 9 are low because my sister usualy takes over my games... ) It was, for some odd reason, harder in my friends game when she was at level 60 and stuff.. =--=
Wow, I talk a lot. *dies* I bet no one's gunna reply to this, too. Er, let alone read all of it.....

Rey-Rey
11-21-2002, 10:55 AM
Everybody's mentioning Weapon this and Weapon that but how about A BOSS that has something to do with the flow of the game? These Weapon bosses are optional and you can completely avoid them, anyway.

Who's played Gaiares? *hears the dogs growl* That game is just TOO HARD, period, and each boss is just an icing of the cake.

However, if you want my opinion on RPGs, Luca Blight from Suikoden II is pretty ridiculous. IMO, he's the hardest boss in the game.

And, if you want my opinion on FF, Kefka is pretty hard as well. Maybe he's not so much difficult, but fighting that thing FOUR TIMES gets tedious that you'd better be prepared for a long one. Jecht was ridiculous as well for FFX. You have to be powered-up to beat that guy.

L to the 3rd
11-21-2002, 02:54 PM
I can't remember if i beat Omega weapon in FFVIII yet, but I do remember that
Ultimate weapon was a joke.. soo easy
compared to the shyt you have to go
thru just to get to it. (the deep sea
research lab).

Tifa
11-21-2002, 07:34 PM
x.x I never got to Ultimate weapon in the deep sea research lab...it's prolly because my characters are still just level 30, but Zell's still pretty strong.... I can't get very far down; each of those red dragon thinges are like a boss fight, and it's too hard to avoid many battles down there.. I felt Jecht was the easiest battle I have ever fought in any game in my life. I killed him (both forms) in 3 moves...and his attacks barely do anything. x.x Well, afterall, Yuna does attack for 60,000 damage...