PDA

View Full Version : A couple of updates

Admin
03-16-2013, 08:41 PM
First off, the event calendar will be updated on Monday and Tuesday.

Second, we will be looking for beta testers soon, for a new photo/costume/account panel. This account panel has a new photo uploader that gets rid of the current errors, but since it is new code we’d like to test it out a bit before going live with it.

A few additions to this new administration area that directly address some complaints we get often - you can change the display order of your costumes, you can change the order of your photos per gallery/costume/etc. You can choose an image to appear as the main image for your gallery. Images will no longer be directly tied into albums and costumes, so you can put them into more than one.

Also, we are working on some photographer additions, one sample image below shows a new feature where you can add information about your photo equipment, and tag images based on camera and lens.

I’ll post more info when we’re closer to the beta-test, but I just wanted to let everyone know that we are definitely keeping an eye on the suggestions/concerns, and things are moving forward here, just a bit more silently and slowly than we’d prefer. :)

Also - please note that while the photo/costume administration has a dark background for testing purposes, the front end of the site where the photos and costumes display is not changing to a black background. Clicking on any of the images below will open the full, larger image.

Main photo Edit Page:
http://static.cosplay.com/panel/photo1t.jpg (http://static.cosplay.com/panel/photo1.jpg)

Photo Data tab on Photo Edit page, showing camera, lens, date, etc:
http://static.cosplay.com/panel/photo2t.jpg (http://static.cosplay.com/panel/photo2.jpg)

Main costume edit page - you can upload photos directly here, change your costume icon, and there are new features being added such as to-do lists and more:
http://static.cosplay.com/panel/costume1t.jpg (http://static.cosplay.com/panel/costume1.jpg)

Costume "Other Info" tab:
http://static.cosplay.com/panel/costume2t.jpg (http://static.cosplay.com/panel/costume2.jpg)

Camera page, showing tagged images, lenses tab on the right:
http://static.cosplay.com/panel/camerat.jpg (http://static.cosplay.com/panel/camera.jpg)

sailortintin
03-16-2013, 10:40 PM
No updates on the marketplace? We were told that it was only going to be a couple of weeks but it's been a year now.

Admin
03-16-2013, 11:02 PM
The samples above are just an example of the current progress on some edits that fix and increase the functionality of the more popular sections of the website. We will be visiting the marketplace separately after we have the photo uploader and a few other things updated, as they are part of the core of the website and used by the most users.

Our top three priorities at first are getting the event calendar updated, implementing a new, more modern photo uploader, and adding some functionality to the costumes (like costume sort order and in-costume image sort order).

Blue Leader
03-17-2013, 01:03 AM
It's good to finally get some updates on something. Things have seemed like they've been floating in limbo for a while now. The photo stuff is sounding promising.

Still, any news on when/if journals will be returning?

Eau de Decus
03-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Cautiously optimistic...

JasonTerror
03-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Cautiously optimistic...

Right there with ya..

Honestly, The new features (granted we get them lol) seem pretty kool though. I like the extra options.

Admin
03-17-2013, 01:40 AM
It's good to finally get some updates on something. Things have seemed like they've been floating in limbo for a while now. The photo stuff is sounding promising.

Still, any news on when/if journals will be returning?

Limbo is an understatement. :)

Journals are coming back, but they're another example of a lower priority vs the above-mentioned items. I'd like to get the photos/costumes administration updated and tested first, and then start tackling everything else one by one.

A lot of what holds us back is being so tied into vBulletin due to the user registration/administration. This new back-end is independent from it and for now just validates user accounts through vBulletin - so the forums become an extension of the site, rather than the rest of the site being an extension of the forums. Long story short, it's making everything else a lot simpler to complete.

This time around we're going to test everything thoroughly with a group of beta testers, so I'll post an open call for that soon.

Mr. Robot
03-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Definitely glad to see the photo uploader get some love. Would it also be possible for you guys to work in a script to run on the database that fixes picture counts as well?

I know I'm not the only one with "billions" of pictures as a result of upload errors, and I am betting there are many more that are off by a couple one way or the other as a result as well. Hopefully the new system makes the need for such a thing a one-time run. :burger:

chiagirl
03-17-2013, 12:35 PM
First off, the event calendar will be updated on Monday and Tuesday.
YES!!!!!!!

Will the "This month's events" section be updated as well?

Sailor Moon
03-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Ok, I might have misunderstood what you said, but I just want to clarify ... are we no longer having albums? Cuz if so I'm extremely upset about that, the organization of albums was one of the things I LOVED about this site.

Admin
03-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Albums aren't going anywhere.

Sailor Moon
03-17-2013, 09:20 PM
OH ok, thank god, I was really worried about that XD

But everything else sounds great! I LOVE the idea of being able to reorganize the pictures too, I've been wanting to be able to do that for years, haha.

Oh, one other thing, is the upload limit for pictures going to be increased? cuz it's a total pain to have to go into photoshop and resize ALL of my photos just so I can upload them on here, lol.

Btw, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be a beta tester, I upload pictures quite frequently, so I'd get to use a lot of the functions and could give good feedback. Just ... putting that out there, lmao.

ichigo_m.
03-17-2013, 09:28 PM
This is looking great!!! :D
It's so nice to see this site going somewhere!
I'd love to beta test as well, if you are looking for people. (:

chiagirl
03-20-2013, 03:44 PM
So I see the calendar now has 2013 cons and the "this month's events" section finally got updated. Awesome. However, when you try to view photos for an event, it still tells you "The photo gallery from this event will be active once the main gallery has re-opened." Is this going to be fixed soon?

I also noticed it doesn't look like any new events that users have submitted were added to the calendar. I know I submitted some cons months ago and they still haven't shown up.

Admin
03-20-2013, 03:54 PM
It's not complete yet, we go through each entry and verify the info before it goes onto the calendar. They're going up as we add them. :)

JasonTerror
03-20-2013, 05:12 PM
It's not complete yet, we go through each entry and verify the info before it goes onto the calendar. They're going up as we add them. :)

Hey along the lines of the calander, while it's being mentioned, is there a way to request a convention to be put on it? I'm not sure where we would make such a request? Thank you

chiagirl
03-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Hey along the lines of the calander, while it's being mentioned, is there a way to request a convention to be put on it? I'm not sure where we would make such a request? Thank you

There is, but you have to be logged in to see it. Once you log in, there should be a drop down arrow from events. Select submit new event, and fill in the required information. :)

JasonTerror
03-20-2013, 11:03 PM
There is, but you have to be logged in to see it. Once you log in, there should be a drop down arrow from events. Select submit new event, and fill in the required information. :)

Ah thanks a bunch. I was able to do it (in fact I just now finished) so yea, again thanks

pockyman808
03-20-2013, 11:36 PM
I tried to add a event for 2014 but then realized it only went up to 2013... and somehow submitted without completion? anyways, any idea when 2014 will be up?

Admin
03-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Go ahead and try again, I added 2014 into the submission form.

Blood_Sword
03-21-2013, 06:43 AM
I just submitted info about some cons in Sweden and Finland from 2012.. I hope they get added soon!

EDIT: Added some events for 2013 too.

Harmony
03-23-2013, 05:49 PM
I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place here, but approximately when will the photo replacement option be back, do you think? *__*

I honestly believed that was one of the greatest functions on this site and it made this site stand out from other cosplay sites like CURE, WorldCosplay and ACP that don't have that function. Sometimes I'll upload a cosplay photo, and oops! There's a zit on my face that I didn't notice. No worries, I can just quickly edit it out and replace the photo. Now I can't do that - I would have to delete the photo, and all the comments along with it :(

Admin
03-23-2013, 06:14 PM
The ability to change a photo went away when we moved all of the photos into the cloud. When an image is uploaded, the thumbnails and medium sized versions are actually duplicated onto 20-25 servers around the world. When you visit a photo gallery, it will choose the server closest to you and grab the images from there.

This presented a problem, however. Because images are cached onto these servers, when a new image is uploaded over the old one, it could take 12+ hours for the old duplicated images to "expire" from the cloud's caching, and the old image would show in its place until that happened. Again, this only affects thumbnails and not the full-sized images.

With the new gallery code (almost ready to beta test) I've added something that auto-expires the old images and immediately replaces them, so it will no longer be an issue and photo replacement will be available again.

Admin
04-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Just to keep this updated as it's been a couple of weeks - we have one other project currently being finished, and then we'll be looking to beta-test the new account administration panels. I anticipate we'll be ready to do this before the end of the month.

I will post an announcement here in the Site Changes forum once we're accepting beta testers. It will also be on a blank site, so it will not affect the current site at all or affect your main account in any way. Last thing we need is a beta test breaking the live site more than it's already broken. :)

The beta will start out very simple, with photo uploading, costume uploading, and a quick forum for discussing any issues. We'll then flip on the other site functionality as it progresses.

Anyway, I will post more info when we're around one week away from being ready.

patriciarakel
04-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Since everyone else is asking questions and getting answer, are there any plans to fix the reply to comments function? It's been broken/missing for quite some time.

Admin
04-20-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm going to put up a better announcement in a few days (unless this one does the trick), but if anyone who has been watching this thread would like to assist with the beta test, please send me a PM. I just need to know your browser and operating system so I can put together a good mix of users. Also, please make sure you are on a static IP address, as I will be adding your IP address to the test server so that you have access to the test site.

I'll be looking for around 10-15 people for the initial test. If I get too many requests then I will probably be choosing people at random, after categorizing by browser type.

The beta test will not affect your live account or use anything from it either, it is a completely fresh site for testing purposes. You will actually sign up to it like you are a new user. The test site will mostly start off with the new photo uploader and costume administration, and will also have a forum for discussion/feedback.

So if you'd like to help out, drop me a PM. :) The test will start around May 1st.

Diagnosed
04-21-2013, 09:29 PM
With the new gallery code (almost ready to beta test) I've added something that auto-expires the old images and immediately replaces them, so it will no longer be an issue and photo replacement will be available again.

Way to go ^_^!

Admin
04-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Thank you to everyone who has submitted so far - please note that I won't be replying to the PM's until we're a couple of days away from being ready. So if you haven't gotten a reply yet, that's why. :)

~Sango-chan~
05-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Still in the process of getting things ready or have you already got everyone you need?

Karitsa
05-14-2013, 10:44 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!
I can't wait to re-organize my photos. Thanks for the hard work! :)

Mangochutney
06-19-2013, 03:19 PM
How's the beta coming along? About two months in now. An update or ETA on repairing important features would be great.

Eau de Decus
06-19-2013, 08:23 PM
How's the beta coming along? About two months in now. An update or ETA on repairing important features would be great.I second this request.

Sailor Moon
06-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Did they ever even do the beta testing? Cuz when Admin made a post about getting people to PM him to be in it, I PMed him within 2 minutes of him making that post and never heard anything back, plus I never saw the thread he said he was going to make about it.

Mangochutney
06-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Jesus dick, not this again. I wasn't going to assume it was that same old promise-and-forget crap, but.

Eau de Decus
06-19-2013, 11:04 PM
I'll wait patiently before passing judgement, but from past experiences, my assumption is this site still has no traction and is just spinning its tires. I welcome the chance to be proven wrong though.

Admin
06-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Hi guys, we're still working hard on everything. I'm very sorry for the lack of updates, I had a death in the family and was pretty much MIA for a couple of weeks on account of it.

One of the problems with showing new features is that we're using a very barebones design for it so that we can concentrate on the functionality before adding all of the design onto it. So, features work but are difficult to express in screenshots, as the discussion would likely turn into how simple it looks. (Though simple is a good thing as it's much easier to use) :) But what I'll do is put some stuff together this weekend and early next week in order to try and show how far things are progressing.

Just a few things that are finished or almost finished since I posted last: New photo uploader, expanded costumes section, series tagging for costumes and photos, front-end news section with sub-sections for each country, a more streamlined forum system, better private messaging, and journals. Once a couple of other things are done we're tying it all into a kick-ass profile system and beta testing the progress so far.

Eau de Decus
06-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Did they ever even do the beta testing? So who's actually in the beta testing?

Anaelle-chan
06-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Will we be able to change our username in the next version of the site?

Admin
06-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Will we be able to change our username in the next version of the site?

Yes. We are changing it so that your login is your email address, and your username can be changed if the new name is available. We are also eventually switching profiles to /user/##name##/ or ##username##.cosplay.com instead of the number.

Old usernames will appear in a link from your profile, due to the popularity of the marketplace section.

Eau de Decus
06-28-2013, 11:39 PM
...But what I'll do is put some stuff together this weekend and early next week in order to try and show how far things are progressing.

Sooooo....

......*sigh*

DireKitty
06-29-2013, 07:18 AM
Hi guys, we're still working hard on everything. I'm very sorry for the lack of updates, I had a death in the family and was pretty much MIA for a couple of weeks on account of it.

One of the problems with showing new features is that we're using a very barebones design for it so that we can concentrate on the functionality before adding all of the design onto it. So, features work but are difficult to express in screenshots, as the discussion would likely turn into how simple it looks. (Though simple is a good thing as it's much easier to use) :) But what I'll do is put some stuff together this weekend and early next week in order to try and show how far things are progressing.

Just a few things that are finished or almost finished since I posted last: New photo uploader, expanded costumes section, series tagging for costumes and photos, front-end news section with sub-sections for each country, a more streamlined forum system, better private messaging, and journals. Once a couple of other things are done we're tying it all into a kick-ass profile system and beta testing the progress so far.

When will you be changing the Canadian convention forums? A long time ago we were told we would get Con Bravo!(located in Hamilton, Ontario) a sub forum, and have some of the more 'dead' sub forums for conventions removed (AC-Cubed doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for a few years now, Ai-Kon, Anime Evolution and Northern Anime Festival get less posts then some cosplay picnics and would likely get more traffic if they just made a thread in the Canadian convention subforum).

Admin
06-29-2013, 07:51 AM
When will you be changing the Canadian convention forums? A long time ago we were told we would get Con Bravo!(located in Hamilton, Ontario) a sub forum, and have some of the more 'dead' sub forums for conventions removed (AC-Cubed doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for a few years now, Ai-Kon, Anime Evolution and Northern Anime Festival get less posts then some cosplay picnics and would likely get more traffic if they just made a thread in the Canadian convention subforum).

I've gotten a couple of messages about that in the past few days. We're moving event forums directly into the event calendar with the update, so that every event automatically has its own sub-forum and you can view all aggregated event threads by country that way as well. This is probably the first thing I'm going to show here, since it's opening up a ton of new features and it's the farthest along.

On Monday when we have full staff here we're going to seed the test calendar with some data so that it's presentable. (I say seed it with data because the development site is just an empty site that we will be porting all of the old data into once we've fully tested it and then move over to it).

Events are getting an absolutely massive update and overhaul and are around 80% complete. Events will include their own forum, info page, news section, gatherings section, photoshoot scheduling as well as gallery and expanded planning functionality.

As for the current Canada forums status, we can move the current forums around a bit on Monday as well since it won't affect anything on the development side, that's not a problem.

DireKitty
06-29-2013, 08:35 AM
I've gotten a couple of messages about that in the past few days. We're moving event forums directly into the event calendar with the update, so that every event automatically has its own sub-forum and you can view all aggregated event threads by country that way as well. This is probably the first thing I'm going to show here, since it's opening up a ton of new features and it's the farthest along.

On Monday when we have full staff here we're going to seed the test calendar with some data so that it's presentable. (I say seed it with data because the development site is just an empty site that we will be porting all of the old data into once we've fully tested it and then move over to it).

Events are getting an absolutely massive update and overhaul and are around 80% complete. Events will include their own forum, info page, news section, gatherings section, photoshoot scheduling as well as gallery and expanded planning functionality.

As for the current Canada forums status, we can move the current forums around a bit on Monday as well since it won't affect anything on the development side, that's not a problem.

Awesome, thanks a bunch for the fast reply!

Eau de Decus
07-07-2013, 06:18 AM
But what I'll do is put some stuff together this weekend and early next week in order to try and show how far things are progressing. You really should have just said:

But what I'll do...is nothing. Because that statement is nearing a month old already...

Look, all ball busting aside, I get that there's a death in the family. That's sad. Nobody wants to deal with it, but this is just another statement that you said that you didn't back up. I'm not even sure why I'm shocked, or even pestering for progress at this point.

I can understand delays. I can understand a few days behind, a week, maybe even a month if things go sideways, but we're talking about years. I've seen movies and video games developed quicker than this place. This site has been broken for god knows how long and all we get are hollow promises with zero results. So far we have some screen shots. That's it.

So what gives? If you're not going to do anything, just say so. At least be honest about it. Instead, people ask questions and may or may not get an answer from anyone. Hell, some just go unanswered all together, even when we give detailed lists of everything wrong with this site...

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=314476

So, what's going on with this site, Admin? Anything? Something? Nothing?

Kaniki
07-23-2013, 12:05 PM
You really should have just said:

Because that statement is nearing a month old already...

Look, all ball busting aside, I get that there's a death in the family. That's sad. Nobody wants to deal with it, but this is just another statement that you said that you didn't back up. I'm not even sure why I'm shocked, or even pestering for progress at this point.

I can understand delays. I can understand a few days behind, a week, maybe even a month if things go sideways, but we're talking about years. I've seen movies and video games developed quicker than this place. This site has been broken for god knows how long and all we get are hollow promises with zero results. So far we have some screen shots. That's it.

So what gives? If you're not going to do anything, just say so. At least be honest about it. Instead, people ask questions and may or may not get an answer from anyone. Hell, some just go unanswered all together, even when we give detailed lists of everything wrong with this site...

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=314476

So, what's going on with this site, Admin? Anything? Something? Nothing?

This.

As soon as something 'goes down to be made better' I sorta just accept the fact that it's never coming back. We get promise after promise and nothing ever happens. I'd rather be told flat out that it's not coming back instead of having my hopes crushed.

Karitsa
07-29-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm afraid to upload a new costume and photos at risk of this site blowing up. This is ridiculous.

Mystic~
07-29-2013, 11:12 PM
It has been a month since we last heard from you in this thread Admin. Has there been any progress?

Mangochutney
08-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Bump.

Ninbri
08-16-2013, 11:32 AM
The update the other night said the new marketplace would be re-opening next week. True?

Cyanna
08-16-2013, 12:04 PM
The update the other night said the new marketplace would be re-opening next week. True?

I'm so glad someone else spotted that!

Based on the text I was under the impression that the "old" marketplace was what was re-opening. But it wasn't explicit in either direction.

Old or new, I just hope it's true.

JasonTerror
08-16-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm so glad someone else spotted that!

Based on the text I was under the impression that the "old" marketplace was what was re-opening. But it wasn't explicit in either direction.

Old or new, I just hope it's true.

I spoted it..
First thing I said: "Pfft!! Yea right...." and got offline

Admin
08-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Yes. Next week, we are adding a mobile version of the forums, and we are re-opening the old marketplace with a couple of fixes (expiring ads, for one, along with more visible links to feedback areas).

The mobile forums version is an app that works on iOS and Android. It will only work with the forums at this time. It's a 3rd party app (similar to Tapatalk) and we will be testing it on Monday and Tuesday. It was designed by some friends of ours, so we will also be able to provide them with direct input as they develop it further.

The marketplace will then re-open next weekend.

Mystic~
08-18-2013, 08:25 AM
That's really exciting to hear, I know reopening the marketplace will make things easier for a lot of people. :)

How go the other updates you mentioned on the last page of this thread (like series tagging, the more streamlined forums, private messaging, etc.)? I know a lot of people are anxious to hear about changing usernames too.

Musouka_Ningyou
08-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Have the in-progress changes to the private messaging system changed anything with the current system? I haven't been receiving email notifications of new messages, despite having the setting chosen (and receiving notifications in the past), and as I don't log in to this site unless I have some task that I have to complete on my account, this can be a problem, as I'll never receive my messages. Is this an issue with the updating, or is this unrelated, and when can I expect to see this fixed?

Admin
08-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Ran into a slight snag with getting the mobile app live today, but it's just that my phone isn't working right (I have a very old Android phone that likes to crash a lot) so I couldn't test the final live version. I'm meeting with the app developers Thursday to review everything on one of their dev phones and then we'll push it live for everyone. I'll update with instructions shortly after.

The marketplace is still on target for re-opening this sometime this weekend.

Admin
08-25-2013, 09:21 PM
The marketplace has re-opened, I have posted a thread here:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=330289

ichigo_m.
08-25-2013, 10:48 PM
While I'm not too fond of the new/old-old marketplace lay out it's nice to see updates! (:

Yay!! :D Thank you Admin!!!

Admin
08-25-2013, 10:55 PM
While I'm not too fond of the new/old-old marketplace lay out it's nice to see updates! (:

Yay!! :D Thank you Admin!!!

Yeah, the layout is crap right now because it's pulling mostly from the old stylesheet and centering the marketplace inside of the new one.

I'm already working on the updates to the individual pages, there's just a lot of individual parts to hunt down and change.

ichigo_m.
08-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Admin! You rock! (:

Cyanna
08-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Are there any text or filesize limits for the various fields? I'm having trouble posting an ad. I've tried clearing the cache and logging off.

EDIT: Can't post from my cell phone either.

Admin
08-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Are there any text or filesize limits for the various fields? I'm having trouble posting an ad. I've tried clearing the cache and logging off.

EDIT: Can't post from my cell phone either.

Not that I'm aware of but I'll check. There's probably a limit on the photo size, around 2MB for an upload and then it resizes it.

Ninbri
08-26-2013, 07:04 PM
I can't post any new ads either and all my photos are normal sized. It says server error.

Does it when I try to search something too...

Cyanna
08-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Not that I'm aware of but I'll check. There's probably a limit on the photo size, around 2MB for an upload and then it resizes it.

That did it. Two of the photos were over 2 MB. Thank you. :)

Cyanna
08-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Sorry for the double post. I have a new question/issue.

I have a number of links in my ad in particular

A link to a tumblr page explaining my policies in greater detail to help avoid tl;dr.

A link to my Deviantart portfolio, which is more extensive then my coscom photos.

A link to a website to help anyone who might come to me to commission an item that is commercially available for much cheaper (a school uniform vest in particular).

Several links leading to posts on this forum where clients have left reviews. I started accepting commissions after the old Market shut down so ALL of my reviws are on the forum.

The problem is that it lookis like the site automatically adds a "http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/" to the beginning of every link. Since no such site exists, all my links lead to an error page.

Even if I assume this was meant to discourage linking to outside websites, could it be fixed so that at least the links leading to the coscom forums work? :o

Admin
08-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Sorry for the double post. I have a new question/issue.

I have a number of links in my ad in particular

A link to a tumblr page explaining my policies in greater detail to help avoid tl;dr.

A link to my Deviantart portfolio, which is more extensive then my coscom photos.

A link to a website to help anyone who might come to me to commission an item that is commercially available for much cheaper (a school uniform vest in particular).

Several links leading to posts on this forum where clients have left reviews. I started accepting commissions after the old Market shut down so ALL of my reviws are on the forum.

The problem is that it lookis like the site automatically adds a "http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/" to the beginning of every link. Since no such site exists, all my links lead to an error page.

Even if I assume this was meant to discourage linking to outside websites, could it be fixed so that at least the links leading to the coscom forums work? :o

Odd, thanks for letting me know, I'll check into it. Just to check, are you putting http:// before your links?

ObitoTheHero
08-28-2013, 10:13 AM
I can't post any new ads either and all my photos are normal sized. It says server error.

I'm having the same problem!

Rangiku12
08-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but each time I log in and go to the reopened marketplace it signs me out so I sign back in but it signs me out on every single page in the marketplace and when I try to comment on my ad it says I'm not allowed to because it signed me out as I click the button to post comment. I'm using a tablet but its in desktop mode so not sure why its doing that. It does it on both my Internet browsers on iPad.

Edit: Nevermind figured it out

Ayase Shin
08-29-2013, 09:18 AM

I am also having this issue and can not post an ad, when the marketplace first re-launched i was able to now it loads the page (however every page I go to I need to log back in)
and once I click submit i also receive server error or page not found if on a different browser.

this is true for internet explorer, firefox, chrome

constantly logging in is another issue, no matter where I am on the site i need to keep logging in every time i go to a new page.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but each time I log in and go to the reopened marketplace it signs me out so I sign back in but it signs me out on every single page in the marketplace and when I try to comment on my ad it says I'm not allowed to because it signed me out as I click the button to post comment. I'm using a tablet but its in desktop mode so not sure why its doing that. It does it on both my Internet browsers on iPad.

Edit: Nevermind figured it out

what did you do to fix it?

Ilafatyu
08-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Chyeah, marketplace is back up. Cheers, admin, and may the startup glitches be minimal.

Ayase Shin
09-01-2013, 09:43 AM
I can not edit my ads or post them, I was able to delete(just to see if that worked) and it did, now I want to put my ad up.
Need help!

Admin
09-02-2013, 01:52 AM
I can not edit my ads or post them, I was able to delete(just to see if that worked) and it did, now I want to put my ad up.
Need help!

This has been reported by a few users so I will be looking into it over the next day or two. It's likely a permissions issue on the pages, but it might also be something caught in the server-wide spam filter. If anyone who had a server error also has a copy of what they tried to post that triggered the error, please send me an email with the ad (admin AT cosplay.com)

Admin
09-02-2013, 01:54 AM
Update on mobile app: The mobile forum version looks like it's ready to go now, we ran into a few bugs on Android and the developer fixed them last week.

Right now we're looking at going live on Tuesday. The app has everything from posting to threaded private messaging, even adding images to the forums (via attachment) from your phone's camera.

JasonTerror
09-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Yea, please fix the server error in the marketplace..I can't post any ads now. I was able to when everyone else seemed to have the problem, but now I can't..

JasonTerror
09-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Stupid site won't load on my WiFi....again..getting kinda pissed since I already had this problem recently. Idk if this is anything, but both times it statted refusing to load, were directly after proud got booted. I know you guys have said that you won't ip ban him because it could ip ban someone else too, so I'm not sure If that's what happened both times..but yea, getting pretty sick of it..