PDA

View Full Version : Photo size specifications

Freya
03-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Apologize if this has been answered already (searched the forum couldn't find or else I'm blind)....

But, when I upload pictures, I understand they have to be a certain size. But in other people's galleries, some pictures you can click on them and they are enlargened to the preferred size I'd want. How is one able to do that? :thumbsup:

ZiggyB
03-12-2004, 03:42 PM
At least with the old photo software, if you uploaded, say a 1024x768 image, the software would automatically make a smaller 640x480 version. But it would then give you the option of seeing the larger one again.

I don't know if that's still the case, since Admin upgraded the photo software. Maybe try uploading a big picture and see if it just rejects it or not?

Admin
03-13-2004, 01:49 AM
From what I remember I think it still saves the old version too, and if you click on the "midsized" photo it leads to the full-size. I have a max set for the full size though I can't remember what it is.

If the program resizes a photo, it becomes two photos on the server, but only the larger photo counts against your webspace.