PDA

View Full Version : First con jitters...

Omittchi
03-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Well, this is my first con and I keep feeling like I'm going to be the oldest one there! It will be so wonderful to be around so many people with similar interests. Will anyone talk to the "twenty-something" fangirl???

SakeNinja2
03-12-2004, 09:10 PM
. Will anyone talk to the "twenty-something" fangirl??? The twenty-something Sake Ninjas will. We'll all be running around and partying and drinking. We will be sure to say hey to you, we say hey to everyone!
:drink:

-=Faust_VIII=-
03-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Well I'm 20.. and Ill hang out with you ^_^! *waves franticly*

liz-maru
03-13-2004, 07:23 PM
im 20 and ill be there ;) hehe no worries!

Omittchi
03-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Awwwwwwwww! Now I feel the love! :love: Thanks guys!!! Hey Liz-maru! Guess what? We have the same B-day! But I am older *teeters on walker*. I'm glad everyone seems so friendly. I live in a snobby town and this kind of gathering is just what I need! So many fellow fans to meet!...*tears up*

Mako-san
03-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Ah Omittchi, don't worry, there will definately be older people there. I'm 25+ and we will party harder than the young bucks! :skidude2:

nixxer
03-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Im one of those 'young bucks' I guess....I'll be turning 20 the week before AZ, I'll definetly say hi, AZ was my first con last year so I know how it is, I spent the entire time to shocked to do much, as it was my first time even seeing cosplayers. lol, I didnt know so many fans were out there. ^_^ makes me happy though, and Im always ready to make a new friend :D

DDR Faery Spice
03-15-2004, 04:14 PM
don't feel so bad, Omittchi. There are actually more "20-somethings" then there are "young bucks" like me. In fact, I have rarely seen a kid younger than 13 or so, and very few of those. You won't be so out-of-the-loop; after all, age doesn't matter. We're all going to be running around insanely or brooding in the corners anyway. Come to think of it, I haven't even seen many brooders...unless you count hardcore gamers who never see the rest of the con outside the game room, the rave, and a trip or two to the dealer's room to stock up on...stuff. Anyway, I guess the point is, I'll be perfectly willing to hang out with you, and I'm sure plenty of other people will as well!!
*sidenote:<---is turning 17, 3 weeks after the con*

Farmboybob
03-15-2004, 04:27 PM
You are such a little kid Tiff :D

And I concur your statement, I do think that the majority of the people there seemed to be older then me (I'm only 17, but I'm like 6 months older then DDR Faery), but age really doesn't matter, we need more senior cosplayers.

DDR Faery Spice
03-15-2004, 04:32 PM
In my own defense, I'm still about 6 mental years older than "bob" here...You didn't see me stuffing potted plants into elevators, now didja???:P Anyway, yeah...as long as you like/are intrigued by/have a passing interest in/want to learn more about anime/jrock/japanese culture/cosplay/video games, then by all means! Join us!

Omittchi
03-15-2004, 07:00 PM
I just wanted to make it clear that I am NOT hatin' on the young folks! (I hope nobody took it that way...) I actually just wanted to make sure no one would think "Hey...look at the grandma in a Shuichi outfit", lol. I'm glad I can interact with you guys like this before the con, though. Now I'm starting to feel more at ease about going! So... much luv to the young'uns and the fellow old timers and keep those replies comin'! :japan:

quadrain61
03-15-2004, 08:52 PM
your gonna fit right in. Just have fun. You wouldn't believe all this until you see the con.

Hikaruchan
03-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Well, this is my first con and I keep feeling like I'm going to be the oldest one there! It will be so wonderful to be around so many people with similar interests. Will anyone talk to the "twenty-something" fangirl???

Chuckle, twenty-something old? My older sister & I (both in our 30s) will be cosplaying there.

liz-maru
03-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Omittchi we have the same birthday?!! dude rockin *_* we own!! lol

darienicole
03-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Me and my friends were con virgins at Animazement last year! We had a blast. I'm probably going as Rakka from Haibane Renmei, so look out for me and say hi, kay?

DDR Faery Spice
03-16-2004, 03:54 PM
My first con was AZ 2002...I loved it so much!! Looking at me then, you'd never have known how much my obsession*ahem* I mean, perfectly healthy hobby would grow!!! But from what I've seen, your "first time", as it were, will be absolutely wonderful. ^^ I promise!

-=Faust_VIII=-
03-16-2004, 05:07 PM
That seems to be the common age for cosplayers.. their 20's.. which works for me ^_^

Omittchi
03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Konnichiwa, minna-san! Thanks Hikaruchan! You put my husband at ease to! He's also in his 30's. And I will be too in 3 short years, lol!
And Darienicole...I'll be sure to say "Hi!'. You get to wear wings, ne? I loooove to wear wings but since I'm cosplaying Shuichi I guess I can't. Hmmm....Maybe I'll just randomly put on a pair of wings and run (I mean fly) through the halls for fun,lol.
Hey Liz-maru...We also have the same birthday as Megumi Ogata! I love that since she is Kurama's seiyuu and he's one of my favorite characters! Yeah...us six-sixers rawk!
I'll be sure to say "Hi!" to you also, DDR Faery Spice! I got the DDR game for x-mas. It's so much fun!!!!! *see's arrows in sleep*
Hey Faust VIII...I'm assuming that would be Shaman King Faust you're cosplaying as? Sugoi! I always LOVE Koyasu Takehito's characters! I can't wait to see!

DDR Faery Spice
03-17-2004, 02:57 PM
We can't wait to see your cosplay stuff as well, Omittchi! Hopefully, I'll have finished my alterations of the DDR Faery costume by AZ!

Leon
03-28-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm gonna be there with a group of friends (This will be my first con, too!), and we're all in our early 20's. Look for the group that includes a girl dressed as Puchiko with a tall guy dressed as one of the characters in my siggy pic (I haven't finalized my cosplay list)

Omittchi
03-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Are you gonna cosplay Aoshi!!!! :sunny: Me and my camera will find you!!!

onnawufei
03-29-2004, 01:00 PM
The only con I've ever been to is AZ and this will be my fourth year, but I get jitters EVERY time. It never fails, a week before the con I'll start freaking out about not having enough money, and that my costume sucks, blah blah blah. *L* But I every year I have fun... well except the year before last. I had fun, just not as much as I should have.

Omittchi
03-29-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm going through costume jitters myself right now! I can't seem to get anything I need. :waaaah: Well... I'm sure I'll figure it out in time! I keep saying that there is NO room for failure as this will be my first time cosplaying! BTW... Onnawufei... your icon rawks! That is my all time fave gack-u-to pic!

DDR Faery Spice
03-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Gackt is soooooooooooooooooooooo pretty....yesh, all those "o"s were necessary. Anyway, I haven't even started one of my cosplay things yet. I may not even be able to do the Witch Hunter Robin things I wanted to, so I may end up recycling one of my old costumes and using it. Or maybe I'll finally get around to making those mallets and t-shirt transfers for Chase and Michael and do a DDR Faery cosplay, with them as my DDR Guardians. Prettyboys R good.

nixxer
03-29-2004, 08:52 PM
mmmm Gackt....mmmmm :love: :heart:

Leon
03-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Are you gonna cosplay Aoshi!!!! :sunny: Me and my camera will find you!!!
Possibly....I probably won't know until about two weeks before the event.

nixxer
03-29-2004, 09:37 PM
gotta love last minute plans like that, I remember last year I didnt even know I was going to AZ till the week before, talk about some quick planning there. :thumbsup:

Omittchi
03-29-2004, 09:58 PM
If I was a guy I would SOOOOO cosplay Aoshi! I'd actually love to cosplay Misao but I don't even have my first costume complete! I did'nt even know I was going to AZ until a month ago! :p And I just have to add to my fellow fangirls...Yes! Gackt is a pretty pretty man. :love: *sigh* So I'm curious...what's the DDR Faery costume? It sounds kawaii!

Leon
03-30-2004, 03:08 PM
See, my thing is that all of my costumes are in various stages of planning, completion, and being re-made. I'm actually going to be Aoshi for a cosplay group at a local comic con (Ironically, the same weekend as ACen, about two weeks before AZ). Of the five costumes I'm planning, the one I'm actually the furthest along on is Aoshi, but that's mostly because I've been able to find some items at the Goodwill, plus I'll need to have it ready sooner. If I still can't decide by, say, about a week before, I'll probably have to take all five with me and just split them over the course of the con, or just take the three that don't require anything that won't get past airport security.

Omittchi
03-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Yeah...Goodwill is helping me out too! It's a great place to go if you need out of season stuff like I did. Actually the stuff I'm having the hardest time finding are the things I thought would be the easiest! I really really hope I can get it all together in time! If I'd had more time to prepare I would have planned other costumes. (But I'm already planning ones I'd like to do next year,lol.) And you have FIVE! :mfg: You've done alot of work,ne? I think cosplaying is addictive.

onnawufei
03-31-2004, 08:17 AM
gotta love last minute plans like that, I remember last year I didnt even know I was going to AZ till the week before, talk about some quick planning there. :thumbsup:

That's how my friend was the year before last. He knew he was going, but he didn't get his costume together till RIGHT before the con. It wasn't until we were in the room that we saw what he'd put together, and it really wasn't that bad. (It was a Spriggan costume.) The color was off (he'd been up all night dying clothes the night before we left) but the "armor" was pretty nifty.

nixxer
03-31-2004, 09:13 AM
I didnt cosplay last year cause I didnt know what cosplay was then, and boy was it an interesting experience seeing it for the first time, I was only there on Sat but it was just so much fun, ah I cant wait for it this year, nothing is like a hometown con. ^_^

HealerKou
03-31-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm 22, so you're certainly not old ^_^; Last year's AZ was OK, but I found myself feeling kinda "blah." The best con I've ever been to in my whole life, though, was AZ 2000. Then I skipped a couple years, and even though I had fun for the most part last year, it just didn't have the same zing as 2000. This year I'm excited about Sakamoto Chika, and about cosplaying as my favorite anime character in the whole world, so I'm gonna make the most of it! Not to mention that I'm finally gonna get my boyfriend into a Tamahome costume ^_~ That doesn't mean anything to anyone else, but to me...well...let's just say I've been trying to get whoever I'm with to cosplay as Tamahome since 1999.

So, yeah, I see good things on the horizon!

QuickSilver
03-31-2004, 07:24 PM
YAY! *does happy dance* Many peoples coming this year! ^-^ Last year was my first Con too, and being too nervous/shy to actually ask many people for thier pictures, my boyfriend and I found ourselves just going with the flow. But that was just fine, you know, just getting a feel for the territory, what-have-you. XD

nixxer
03-31-2004, 09:04 PM
lol, it was sad, I didnt take any pics last year, I didnt expect to see so many costumes, I think I had a camera but I left it in the car but thats ok, I'll make up for it this year :bigtu:

DDR Faery Spice
04-02-2004, 04:05 PM
My camera from last year suxx0red. My dad didn't get me any of those disposable cameras like I usually take to cons, so I had to use my crappy 110. It wouldn't have been so bad, but then the Wal-Mart developers cropped my photos to 3". It pissed my off royally. But this yeaI'll definitely have my good cameras again, so I can once more assault random bishounen! Whee!
On a random side note, I've been thinking of cosplaying Aoshi for my first crossplaying attempt. I'm not sure if I can get my hips down to bishounen-size, though....sometimes "girly hips" are a problem. >.<
Anyway, this is the DDR Faery costume:Spice (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=81805&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)
So yeah. It's fun. I'm making my boys shiny visors, glove/arm band thingies kinda like mine, and giant mallets to whack persistent fanboys. It'll be funny to see. Now I just need to find a good skit!

Omittchi
04-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Whee! Another Aoshi! One can never see too many Aoshis! The DDR Faery is uber-kawaii! (I've been seeing alot of negative comments admist the web on the usage of the word kawaii. I just want to say that I DON"T CARE and if something is kawaii I shall call it so. :razz: ) So as I was saying...how did you come up with the uber-kawaii DDR Faery cosplay? And I totally relate about the crossplay issue. I'm crossplaying this year and I'm pretty sure Shuichi was flat chested, lol. And to HealerKou...I just wanted to say I'm so glad you cosplayed Tot. She was such an underated character. I'm a HUGE Weiss fan. I would love to cosplay a Weiss character but I know my limitations and I don't think I resemble any of them enough to do it justice. Well...except for maybe Asuka. Hmmm......maybe next year!

nixxer
04-02-2004, 10:25 PM
lol, crossplaying is fun, so far my only costumes are crossplay o.O maybe one of these days I'll cosplay a girl....but its just so fun cosplaying those cute guys ^_^

Leon
04-03-2004, 03:01 PM
If I'd had more time to prepare I would have planned other costumes. (But I'm already planning ones I'd like to do next year,lol.) And you have FIVE! :mfg: You've done alot of work,ne? I think cosplaying is addictive.

Yeah, originally, I was only going to do three costumes, one of which I did at a huge anime screening last year (Nyantaro, my original creation). I had wanted to do Barret for a long time (He was one of the characters I wanted to be when I was trying to go to Acen '01), and since I got into Power Stone, I made it my mission to be the first American to cosplay Ryoma (There's not much PS cosplay outside of Japan, and I've only seen one PS cosplayer stateside). BUUUUT, I was invited to do a Kenshin cosplay at a comic con this spring, and Aoshi was the character I selected. Finally, I'd wanted to be a Street Fighter character, and was, at one point, considering M. Bison. But I first decided to try an easier character, plus Sean was a character I'd always played whenever I was playing SF 3 (Well, him and Elena, but I wouldn't look too good as a bikini-clad African girl.....) So, I'm now working on five costumes that are all in various stages of planning and creation!

onnawufei
04-03-2004, 05:14 PM
lol, crossplaying is fun, so far my only costumes are crossplay o.O maybe one of these days I'll cosplay a girl....but its just so fun cosplaying those cute guys ^_^

All my favorite characters are guys, so that's what I generally end up dressing as. This year I don't think I'm dressing as any though. O_O Well, my "original" character is sort of... nonsexual. *L*

Thankfully I haven't had to worry about boobs too much since all my costumes have been enough to cover them. And oddly enough my favorite person to cosplay is a man who dresses as a woman. o_O Not sure if that's crossplay or not.

Omittchi
04-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh crap! I just realized I'm gonna have to cut my nails! I used to break them alot at work and they're finally long and purty. Geez...I'm such a girl, ne? Oh well. If I'm gonna crossplay I'm gonna do it right! :bigtu:

nixxer
04-04-2004, 08:53 PM
I bite my nails...so I dont have to worry about them being all long and stuff lol, and I just got my hair cut really short, its so easy to crossplay for me ^_^ Im not a very girly girl hehehe :thumbsup:

Omittchi
04-04-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm actually not extra-girly either. Just when it comes to certain things I guess. I just got all my hair chopped off too! That should make the wig wearing a little more comfy. I used to bite my nails but I finally quit a few years ago. I also quit smoking. I'm slowly trying to ditch all my bad habits. Well...except coffee. GOTTA HAVE CAFFEINE!!! :mfg:

nixxer
04-04-2004, 10:11 PM
yes, I shall never give up caffeine...ever...everyone knows the con staple is caffeine and sugar, how can I survive at a con without those two. :D
I'd like to quit biting my nails, only I do it without thinking usually especially while watching movies or something like that. *sips on soda* ahhh, the joy :love:

Omittchi
04-04-2004, 10:20 PM
I saw this thing on TV about all the germs under fingernails that you ingest when you bite them. :eek: I haven't bitten them since! I'm gonna be guzzlin' coffee 24/7 at the con. I can't drink alcohol anyway so I may as well stay caffeine-buzzed! :jjacks:

nixxer
04-04-2004, 11:27 PM
I dont actually bite my nails so much...I pick at them a lot though...which is still just as bad, my poor nails. and yeah, same here on the alcohol thing so caffeine for me yeeee, its gonna be great, zipping around guzzling down soda and coffee like theres no tomorrow :drink: , my friends will have to duct tape me to keep me still....I wouldnt put it past them either o.O I know Im gonna have to stay awake the entire time, cause they do evil things to whoever goes to sleep first, though its mainly picking on the guys, bwahahahaa nothing is funnier then a bunch of fangirls around a guy whose asleep. :devil:

Omittchi
04-04-2004, 11:33 PM
I seriously need to find out if the hotel has coffee makers in the rooms. If not...I'll be packing the Mr.Coffee. And a can of Folgers. Oh yeah...sugar,too! Coffee party in my room!!! Sure beats a kegger in my opinion! :jjacks: At least I'll be wide awake. :mfg: The first one that falls asleep usually ends up with a handfull of shaving cream I assume. (Or something equally as unappealing)

nixxer
04-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Im so there, I have my own little coffee machine as Im the only one in the house who drinks coffee, its one of those small ones that makes like 4 cups, its perfect for me :D and foldgers, nothing beats foldgers, just add in more sugar then a human needs and some really yummy flavored creamer (Im a fan of vanilla nut creamer myself, so tasty) and we're set.
I wasnt there when my friends did this but I saw the pics, the guys who fall asleep usually get a makeover, bows in hair, makeup and stragetically placed yaoi books stuff like that :rofl: oh man it was hilarious just to see the images.

onnawufei
04-05-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm actually not extra-girly either. Just when it comes to certain things I guess. I just got all my hair chopped off too! That should make the wig wearing a little more comfy. I used to bite my nails but I finally quit a few years ago. I also quit smoking. I'm slowly trying to ditch all my bad habits. Well...except coffee. GOTTA HAVE CAFFEINE!!! :mfg:

I'm gonna have to get my nails removed before the con. $25 to get these suckers put on, like $10 to get them filled, and $15 to get them taken off. What the crap?! Ah well. I'm not crossplaying this year, but none of my characters have well manicured nails. *L*

And I'm sure this is going to KILL my body, but I'm going all good with diet and excercise now, including very little caffeine. I say it'll kill my body because at the con I'll go nuts on the caffeine. XD BUT It'll be way more effective that way!

nixxer
04-05-2004, 09:09 AM
You're welcome to join the caffeine party, just show up with mug in hand, we'll hook ya up ;)

Omittchi
04-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Onnawufei
I'm gonna have to get my nails removed before the con. $25 to get these suckers put on, like $10 to get them filled, and $15 to get them taken off. What the crap?! Ah well. I'm not crossplaying this year, but none of my characters have well manicured nails.
Who would have ever thought it would cost money to DE-accessorize? Ah...the sacrifices of a cosplayer,lol. :)
Originally posted by Nixxer
the guys who fall asleep usually get a makeover, bows in hair, makeup and stragetically placed yaoi books stuff like that oh man it was hilarious just to see the images.
I would have loved to have seen that! Maybe some poor soul will suffer the same fate again this year. If so...someone come tell me. I WANT PICS, lol!
About a coffee party...We need a coffee bar with all kinds of creamer flavors. We may as well make the most of it! :)

DDR Faery Spice
04-05-2004, 04:10 PM
coffee ain't my favorite caffeine product, but it does the job. DNL and pixy stix--now there's the hook-up! XD w00t!
Omittchi: I couldn't come up with anything to cosplay as last year at AZ, so I came up with the avatar of DDR. My friend Marilyn had the dress and boots, I made the rest, and the DDR Faery was born! The best bonus was I could even play DDR in it without exposing myself. O.o Shocking, ne? But I'm having to make another dress and buy boots, coz I don't want to be reliant on Marilyn's clothes forever. Plus, I want to add two spandex panels in the sides of the legs so the dress doesn't try to rip the skin off my outer thighs. Coz that hurts. ^.^;
All the crossplay-discussion people: random comment...my boyfriend says I'm the most feminine tomboy he's ever seen. XD Maybe it's coz I act like a guy, but dress like a girl??
nails discussion: I've always bitten off my nails. They get in the way of gaming and piano-playing. ^^; Oh well.
If any of you are going to be at the con Thursday night, you should come check out the Sake Ninjas' pre-con party. It's gonna be a blast!

Omittchi
04-05-2004, 05:03 PM
As much as I would love to go to the Sake Ninja's get together I don't think I'm going to. Due to some medical issues I have I can't drink AT ALL and I'll just end up feeling out of place (or wishing I could drink like everyone else.) So...the solution seems to be to have a get together of my own with others who can't (or choose not to) drink anything other that sodas and coffee. I hate to be a drag but I hate being at parties and feeling like I can't enjoy myself the way I want to. It just depressess me and that's NOT how I want to feel at the con. So all you fellow caffeine lovers who would like a non-alcohol option...we should plan a get together.

Kilayi
04-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Omittchi: I would love to visit in on youe caffeine party... Avanon said that i would go to the Pre-Con Party, but i really dun wanna be around drinking... It irritates me...
mebe i can drag my boyfriend and Goddess Cookie along too :3...

Omittchi
04-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Yay! We really should plan a get together somehow. We can have it in me and my hubbys room as long as it doesn't get TOO crowded. If anyone wants to discuss it find me on AIM! Nixxer and Onnawufei...you guys are coming right??

Omittchi
04-05-2004, 06:27 PM
OK...I hate to double post but I just wanted to say that I just upgraded to a suite for thursday night so let the coffee party commence! :jjacks:

Kilayi
04-05-2004, 07:42 PM
woo! thanks for the invite and we'll (at least I) will come by, with mug in hand!

Omittchi
04-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Yippie! We'll have to figure out how to meet up. I won't know our room number til we get there. But I get to stay in a suite!!! :jjacks: Happy fun time!!! Bring your fave CD's too, Kilayi! I will have some Gackt, Miyavi, Glay, Laruku, Weiss, and more. BTW...pretty avatar! :bigtu: Find me on AIM if ya want. You too...Nixxer and Onnawufei.

nixxer
04-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks to work Im not sure if I'll be able to show up to early on thursday night, if at all :( but I will try to, even if it means showing up kinda late, I live like 2 hours away from the con so its not to bad(10pm is my best guess as I typically get off at 8), but Im so there, Im to young to drink alcohol, Im turning 20 week before con so :thumbsup: most of my friends will be drinking but as I cant I might as well find something else to do and what better then to make a bunch and new friends and drink coffee and soda all night long :D maybe I can get some of my friends (ones who arnt to into alcohol) to come with, we're a fun bunch. I know my friends got a lot of rooms, apparently theres a lot to my group going, maybe we could kinda swing from room to room, offering the greatness of caffeine to the poor souls who cant enjoy other fine beverages like us :bigtu:

edit: Omittchi you're on my aim now, and I dont have any j-pop, j-rock stuff to bring, but if anyone has a laptop with a dvd player on it or anything that will play dvds I can bring my new daft punk dvd that has all those cool anime music vids on it, ah its awesome I love it.

Omittchi
04-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Sugoi! A room-hopping caffeine party,lol! I guess we can BOUNCE room to room on a buzz. :bouncer: And my suite has a living room type area so there's plenty of room there. And I may even bring my DDR game. This is sounding SOOOO fun! :jjacks: If I do I'll have the PS2 which will play that Daft Punk DVD. I live about two hours away from the con too but luckily I took the week off. Thank Kami-sama I had a weeks vacation saved up! But even if you get there around 10 thats fine. After a long road trip you and your companions should be ready for a fresh cup of java. Me and my husband are bringing all kinds of flavored creamers and stuff. I'll see you on AIM soon!

Kilayi
04-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Omittchi: I added you to my AIM as well, and i guees i shall speak with you when i get a chance :D
~Till then ^_^
Oh and thanks for the compliment on my avatar... its Die from Dir en Grey :3

DDR Faery Spice
04-07-2004, 02:07 PM
quick note: to the Sake Ninjas, there is no such thing as underage. And there will be those of us there not drinking...I'm going simply coz the Ninjas are mah boys and they're funny to be around. But if I find out the details, I'll definitely stop by, Omittchi! If there's DDR, I may even stay forever. O.O Or not. The con's too cool to stay in a room forever. I wonder if either of these parties will attract some of the special guests?

DDR Faery Spice
04-07-2004, 02:08 PM
sorry to double post, but I just had to say:

OMG! YUU WATASE IS COMING BACK THIS YEAR!!!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!

X3 this makes me sooooooo happy.

SakeNinja2
04-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah that's cool if people don't want to drink, they can still hang out or at least stop by and say hey! I guess we want to have it Thurs. because we don't want to spend the whole con in the room. In fact, I think it may be the only time we will be in the room the whole weekend. In fact, I doubt we will be able to stay in the room all Thurs night even. Last year we ended up rolling down hills thurs night. Oh we gotta drink with some of the guests; I know some of them would enjoy some high quality sake!

Oh, btw, foam party at the hot tub Fri. after the dance. BYOB. NO GLASS! Oh yeah

DDR Faery Spice
04-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Which guests, yo?

Farmboybob
04-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Scott Houle looks like the kinda guy who would enjoy a nice cup a sake! Or maybe Akira Kamiya! :D

Omittchi
04-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by DDR FAERY SPICE
But if I find out the details, I'll definitely stop by, Omittchi!
Yeah,come on by!
BTW,I'm definitly not trying to compete with the Sake Ninjas get together by any means. I just wanted to have something to look foward to pre-con night,too. And being around a room full of people who are partying like I USED to do (before I had health issues) would only depress me. So I mean no offense to you Sake Ninjas or anyone else.

SakeNinja2
04-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Which guests, yo? All of them! I think it was Akira Kamiya that I was on an elevator with one time and he thought we were hilarious. If I wasn't already out of sake, I would have offered him some.

Farmboybob
04-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Akira Kamiya and the evil Ukalele man called me, Quadrain, and some of our friends drunk when we were living in the elevators Saturday night/Sunday mourning. Problem is, none of us were really drunk, we just seemed that way cause we needed sleep!

quadrain61
04-08-2004, 12:35 PM
I'm gonna bring a case or two of BAWLS for AZ. Hopefully I could be awake.

nixxer
04-08-2004, 10:40 PM
ah man how could I forgot to mention bawls, I love that stuff, I need to get some for the con mmm bawls...*drool* :heart:

Omittchi
04-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Wow,you drink that stuff! That takes BAWLS! Sorry...I could'nt resist. Kilayi_S74r had the good sense to suggest bringing lots of candy also. Wonder if you can sweeten coffee with pixie stix?...only one way to find out.... :jjacks:

quadrain61
04-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Omittchi: I bet you can use Pixie Stix but there's gonna be a taste to it I suppose. There's only 3 places to get BAWLS where I live at. 1) ComUSA 2) Tek Cafe on hillborough st. 3) thinkgeek.com

I'm gonna have to find a way to secure my money more.

Farmboybob
04-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Omittchi: if you want pixie stix at any time during the con, look for me. I'm bringing 2 cases of 50 giant pixie stix to AZ.

You heard right folks, 100 GIANT pixie stix at AZ, but I have to know you from this forum in order to get any, so anyone reading this right now is in the good! :D

onnawufei
04-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Yay! We really should plan a get together somehow. We can have it in me and my hubbys room as long as it doesn't get TOO crowded. If anyone wants to discuss it find me on AIM! Nixxer and Onnawufei...you guys are coming right??

Hey, my best friend Todd (he was a really tall Nabeshin last year to anyone who might have seen him) and I could SO be there, though my boyfriend is a total non coffee drinker. We'll have to see if we can drag his ass though. XD

Man, I wish we'd gotten a suite. My boyfriend kept talking about how he wanted to upgrade and I told him too, but he figured there wouldn't be any left and never called back.

Edit: Oh, and Omittchi I added you to my AIM. I'm weird about messaging people first though, so I'll try and remember to do so next time you're online.

Omittchi
04-09-2004, 08:04 PM
100 giant pixie stix!!! That's going to be a sight! Must have been a Sams Club or Costco big ass family pack! LOL.I'm gonna definitly stalk you for a pixie stix,Farmboybob! :jjacks:
So of all the frikkin' times this could have happened I got laid off at work today. I'm trying very hard to keep my spirits up for con,though. I must be a genki Shuichi!
Originally posted by Onnawufei
Hey, my best friend Todd (he was a really tall Nabeshin last year to anyone who might have seen him) and I could SO be there, though my boyfriend is a total non coffee drinker. We'll have to see if we can drag his ass though. XD
We will definitly have sodas and other stuff. I'm also a Fruit20 enthusiast so we may even bring some of that,too.

Kilayi
04-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear that about your work Omittchi... :waaaah:
but hey,now you're off Saturday :eeek: so maybe you can come too! that is if you're up to it! :schitzo:

onnawufei
04-10-2004, 12:18 PM
My best friend is so lucky my boyfriend is a caring soul. He could have upgraded to a suite, but it would only have one bed. The year before last Todd (whose a big guy) was stuck on the floor.

Omittchi
04-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Thank you so much for the invite Kilayi_S74r , but I do still have to work for a little bit. I'm losing my job because the store I work at is closing and if I stay for the 2 weeks they have left I get severance pay. And considering that I have a mortgage to pay I don't have a choice. :waaaah: But now I gotta find another job! Especially before the con so I can have money for TOYS!!!!!

onnawufei
04-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Thank you so much for the invite Kilayi_S74r , but I do still have to work for a little bit. I'm losing my job because the store I work at is closing and if I stay for the 2 weeks they have left I get severance pay. And considering that I have a mortgage to pay I don't have a choice. :waaaah: But now I gotta find another job! Especially before the con so I can have money for TOYS!!!!!

Well at least you're not losing your job for anything you did. ((Hey, I'm trying to look on the bright side here!)) It shouldn't be *too* hard for you to find another job. I know if I lost mine, I'd be screwed around here. :lost: I hope you find another one, one that doesn't mind you taking a few days off anyway. :)

nixxer
04-12-2004, 08:53 PM
awww Omittchi best of luck to you on your job!!! *sends lots of hugs*
Im hoping to bring along my new boy to AZ and have him party with us, you give us two caffeine then get ready to laugh, we're are a very silly pair :D

Omittchi
04-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I'm definitly still planning on going to AZ. Besides...I've already paid for most of it so at least that's taken care of. Plus I GOTTA have my caffeine party! I'm looking soooooo foward to it! And Nixxer...I'm gonna get you and your guy so hyped! Bawls and Coffee and DP...OH MY!
Today I had to dye a piece for my cosplay and it turned out beatifully! I'm about 80% done with the outfit so I'm feeling more relaxed about it. I'll be glad when I'm done though. Found cosplay can still be tricky. I'm learning that lesson the hard way,lol.

Kilayi
04-13-2004, 05:22 PM
woo... glad to know the party is still on! :3
we need a checklist on what each of us volunteers to bring, so nothing is forgotten...
heh... if something is forgotten, it would prolly be by me anyways XD

onnawufei
04-13-2004, 06:48 PM
woo... glad to know the party is still on! :3
we need a checklist on what each of us volunteers to bring, so nothing is forgotten...
heh... if something is forgotten, it would prolly be by me anyways XD

Hey yeah, good idea! I'll bring something! Todd and I are psyched while I think Ryan's just sort of "eh... okay... whatever". *L* (Todd's my best friend, Ryan's my boyfriend.)

nixxer
04-13-2004, 08:51 PM
I have coffee and DP that I can bring, or a coffee pot, though mine only holds 4 cups so we might want a bigger one :thumbsup: I definetly know Im bringing some DP though, I never go anywhere without some, its my life juice :)

Omittchi
04-13-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm bringing a coffee pot and sugar. If people could bring flavored creamers that would be great. And I'll supply the DDR if someone has an x-tra mat they can lend. I'm assuming DDR will hook up to the TV at the hotel? It should. :rockon: I'll supply styrofoam cups too but I think it would be more fun if people bring there own mugs. I'm bringing my beat up DBZ mug with the chipped rim,lol. I'll have to figure out how to let you guys know where my room is. I'll be thinking about that. If you're invited (or coming with someone who is) I'll let you know. If you would like to BE invited...ask soon. I have limited funds and want to know who's coming so I can provide enough stuff.

nixxer
04-13-2004, 09:56 PM
I'll bring my own mug and yeah, I'll see about grabbing a thing of flavored creamer, its cheap so if everyone brings one thing of it we'll have plenty, I might try to bring some cookies too, cause its just not a party without cookies, atleast not in my little world ^_^

Omittchi
04-13-2004, 10:08 PM
I have one thing to say...Chips Ahoy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip. *drool* :love:

nixxer
04-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Chips ahoy original chocolate chip and Caramel delites (girlscout cookies) are my favs, give me those and I'll do anything :heart: and oreos, omg oreos and milk mmmmmmm, boy after AZ Im gonna have to seriously diet to make up for all the sweets Im gonna eat :jjacks: :dance:

annereathe
04-14-2004, 11:32 AM
This is my first con, too and I'm 26. I'm really nervous because I don't know that much about anime--I'm just starting to get interested and I have a feelling I'm going to be totally overwhelmed at Animazement. I'm really nervous about cosplaying; I've never done it before and I'm worried I'm gonna look passe or something, 'cause I'm not "up on the haps" and I'm dying to wear this costume I've never had an excuse to wear in public before, but is probably really out of style on any kind of cosplay scene because it's from this old manga called I"s. Anyway, the butterflies keep increasing in intensity the more I think about it and the closer it gets to May. I'll probably chicken out and wear jeans.

DDR Faery Spice
04-14-2004, 01:59 PM
don't worry, annereathe, there's no such thing as "out of style" for cosplay. and I"s isn't that old...And anyway, there were guys doing a Speed Racer cosplay last year. Don't worry-you'll fit in fine. ^^ We welcome you!
But yeah...Omittchi, hate to be a buzzkill, but unless they've changed the tvs, DDr won't hook up to the tvs in the rooms. They've got them rigged so no AV or input outlets are showing. ;_; I nearly cried when we couldn't hook up the 'Cube in the room 2 years ago for some Resident Evil fun. But yeah...maybe that's changed? Anyway, I'm not even sure if I'm still going. Or cosplaying. I'm really depending on my prospective job at Carowinds. I should find out next week about it. Keep your fingers crossed for me, everyone! And Omittchi-chan, I hope you can find a new job soon. :(

annereathe
04-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks DDR Faery. I hope you get to make it to the con. And I would love to see a Speed Racer cosplay. So classic! And good luck on the job at Carowinds--I think. I had a guy in a creative writing class a couple of years ago at ASU and he used to write hilarious stories about his terrible summers working at Carowinds.

DDR Faery Spice
04-14-2004, 02:56 PM
yeah, Carowinds is kinda icky...but I have friends who work there, and it's money, so it's okay. I think i know where some pics of the SR cosplay are...try www.afansview.com, and check Animazement 2003, Saturday, the Cosplay contest. If I have time I'll post a link. ^^

Kilayi
04-14-2004, 03:35 PM
okies well as far as i know i am to bring
1. CDs
2. coffee creamer
3. I plan on having a box of 100 rolls of PEZ by then, but you may have a hard time getting them from me (I am an addict)
4. 3 people: Goddess Cookie, Avanon, my boyfriend(he's not on these forums) PM them if you want so they realize they are to bring snackies too :3

Omittchi
04-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Sounds good Kilayi! Yeah...Everyone bring CD's! I want hyped up caffeine addicts jumping up and down to tunes. (preferably J-rock but we'll play a little of everything.) THAT SUCKS about the DDR not hooking up. But thanks for the heads up, DDR Faery. I hope you make it to con! If you do come by and say Hi!
HI ANNEREATHE! I'm 27 so it's good to see another old fogie on here,lol! This is my first con and cosplay too, but look at it this way...from the things I've seen and heard from past cons I think I would feel more out of place NOT cosplaying. Everyone I've know from AZ's past says that. I'm doing found cosplay so I have anxieties about my outfit but I think everyone should remember the point is to have fun. I think everyone would agree. So wear your outfit and come have coffee! :jjacks:

SakeNinja2
04-14-2004, 11:28 PM
But yeah...Omittchi, hate to be a buzzkill, but unless they've changed the tvs, DDr won't hook up to the tvs in the rooms. They've got them rigged so no AV or input outlets are showing.

I think I may have learned some stuff in my telecom cabling class this semester that will allow me to remedy that (without tearing anything up too bad). I'm trying to get craig to bring his PS2. BTW, does anybody know if the little radios in the rooms play CDs? I don't think they did.

annereathe
04-15-2004, 02:11 PM
I found the Speed Racer photos, DDR Faery. I can only imagine how funny that was. I'm really looking forward to the costume contest. And as far as Carowinds goes, it's got to be better than waiting tables or babysitting.

Omittchi, hello! It's good to have some reassurance, so thank you. I hope to see you there; I'm a total coffee addict, so I'll probably be sniffing up and down the corridors by my mid-morning caffine crash time. So if you see a girl in a school girl uniform who looks old and slightly dazed, that will be me.

Kilayi
04-15-2004, 02:31 PM
So wear your outfit and come have coffee! :jjacks:
"outfit" eh?
which one? XD I have uhh.... nurse, chocobo, Milly, and Naota... plus the secret one....
I think that I shall unveil the secret one at the party :3 I was saving it for the Rave, but this is funner :3

Omittchi
04-16-2004, 07:35 PM
I think for my caffeine party I'm gonna cosplay as the girl who rode in the car all day and just wants a cup of coffee,lol. :rolleyes: Seriously though...I only have one cosplay outfit and I haven't quite decided when I want to wear it. I would have done more but alas I had to go and lose my job. :sulk: Oh well...I'm going to do about 6 next year to make up for it!

Kilayi
04-16-2004, 09:37 PM
ah... i started with one then added and added unti i have the grand total of 5....

DDR Faery Spice
04-17-2004, 01:15 PM
So far I've got three outfits: DDR Faery, Nami from One Piece, and Sake Ninja Cougar. I need to find $20 for the Sake Ninja outfit. Leg warmers are expensive suckers. >.< $10.50 for ONE PAIR?! oi. But I'll be able to use them ALT, so it's okay. I'll prolly just be wearing normal clothes Thursday night. Well, as normal as any of my clothes are. Prolly just my "Got Yaoi?" fangirl shirt, and a pair of shorts. w00t! Comfort City!
I'm probably gonna end up celebrating my birthday at AZ as well, seeing as how it's two weeks later and it'll be more fun celebrating it at the con than at home by myself. ;_; So bring me presents!!! It doesn't have to be anything big. A donation to the caffeination is good enough. Like caffeine, or pocky, or candy of any kind. X3 Whee! Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Omittchi
04-19-2004, 06:58 PM
We can definitly celebrate B-days at the caffeine party. My B-day is a week after (on June 6) and so many of you I've invited have con-time B-days also! I'm trying to keep my party at a reasonable size though so if someone decides to throw a bigger better B-day bash I'll understand. But either way I plan on celebrating my B-day at con. Especially since I don't have people here to celebrate with. I think I will bring a cake and we can have a group candle blow out,lol!

Kilayi
04-19-2004, 07:20 PM
heheh.... sounds fun...
I know I shall be running on tiny amounts of sleep the whole con.... so i must sleep on the way there XP

onnawufei
04-20-2004, 08:12 PM
We can definitly celebrate B-days at the caffeine party. My B-day is a week after (on June 6) and so many of you I've invited have con-time B-days also! I'm trying to keep my party at a reasonable size though so if someone decides to throw a bigger better B-day bash I'll understand. But either way I plan on celebrating my B-day at con. Especially since I don't have people here to celebrate with. I think I will bring a cake and we can have a group candle blow out,lol!

Hey my b-day is June 5th! **does a little dance**

Bah, I've been so out of the loop! (I've been busy the past few days.) Well last year i made a crapload of chocolate covered pretzels, and I'm thinking of doing that this year too. I made LOTS of candy last year and so much of it got thrown away. :sulk:

nixxer
04-21-2004, 09:51 PM
:( sad news from my side, as it looks right now I wont be able to come down to AZ on thursday like I had originally planned :blubber: my b/f has to stay till friday so he can wake up his cousins for school, and I dont want to leave him behind so I am going to wait for him, Im trying to figure out a way to get up there still but only way I can think of involves us taking different cars and I'd like him to ride with me, so I wont be lonely and cause he doesnt know his way around there and I atleast know where I can meet my group and go from there(cause really I dont know my way around either). So sorry everyone, looks like you wont see me till friday :lost:

Omittchi
04-22-2004, 05:45 PM
NIXXER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :waaaah: You're gonna be missed so much!! Say it ain't so! :blubber:

Mako-san
04-22-2004, 06:21 PM
:( sad news from my side, as it looks right now I wont be able to come down to AZ on thursday like I had originally planned :blubber: my b/f has to stay till friday so he can wake up his cousins for school, and I dont want to leave him behind so I am going to wait for him, Im trying to figure out a way to get up there still but only way I can think of involves us taking different cars and I'd like him to ride with me, so I wont be lonely and cause he doesnt know his way around there and I atleast know where I can meet my group and go from there(cause really I dont know my way around either). So sorry everyone, looks like you wont see me till friday :lost:

waiii really!! hmmm no cookout food for you! But either way I can't wait to see you and BF on Friday!! :bigtu:

QuickSilver
04-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Ohh nixxy, don't feel bad! I'm not coming down 'till Friday either! *curses* Thats really sweet how you're waiting on your koi-boy - I'd do the same thing. ^_^
I REALLY wish I could come earlier and partake in the massive caffiene binge too, but you know. Lifes a beeyotch. Grrrr.

OH HEY Omi! Since it's your birthday so close to the Con, were bringing you a present! ^_^ 'Aight?

Omittchi
04-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Awwwwww! You stinkers! :jjacks: That's so sweet!!!! I wish you guys were coming to the caffeine party too. :waaaah:

DDR Faery Spice
04-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Aw, we'll miss you much Thursday, Nixxer, but we'll see you both Friday!!! ^^

Kilayi
04-23-2004, 07:15 PM
we will have to save some of the sugary goodness for you ^^... god knows i have more than enough XD

onnawufei
04-26-2004, 09:59 AM

:waaaah: That really sucks! There's a small chance I won't be able to go Thursday, but with my boyfriend's job there's ALWAYS a small chance that plans will change suddenly. :untrust:

onnawufei
04-26-2004, 10:05 AM
At my boyfriend's sister's wedding, I discovered the joy of putting whipped cream in coffee. I know I KNOW I'm behind! I'd had it in cappucino before, but I've never used it in coffee in place of creamer.

SOMEONE MUST BRING SOME!!! **wonders if there would be room in the cooler**

nixxer
04-26-2004, 10:57 PM
wow, ok things in my world have gotten a lot more interesting. My b/f calls me today and tells me he's moved out. I leave class early to go see him and help him move rest of his stuff, he was having some problems where he was and finally things kinda blew up so now he's going to be staying with my sis and her g/f till he gets on his feet. Things are very strange currently, it doesnt effect AZ to much except now he says he wants to head up on thursday cause he doesnt have to stay and wake up his cousins....boy do I feel stupid for making that post earlier. So Im going to just say I have no clue whats going on, all plans are up in the air right now. I will be there friday no matter what, and hopefully thursday, we'll see. Oh and thanks for all the love guys I feel so special :D hopefully things get straightened out and I know exactly whats going on by the time I leave. x.x

Omittchi
04-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear about that! I hope him moving out is for the best, though! I REALLY hope you guys make it in on Thursday and I'll keep a Dr.Pepper just for you! :bigtu:

onnawufei
04-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Sorry to hear about that! I hope him moving out is for the best, though! I REALLY hope you guys make it in on Thursday and I'll keep a Dr.Pepper just for you! :bigtu:

And I second that! Well... all except the Dr. Pepper thing, BUT I'll more than likely have a buttload (official measurement) of candy!

DDR Faery Spice
04-29-2004, 04:35 PM
hope everything works out for the best, and see you at AZ in any case!

onnawufei
05-06-2004, 05:03 PM
**pokes thread**

Caffeine?

Omittchi
05-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Ahhh yes. This thread needed a kick in the a**. Thanks, Onnawufei! :bigtu: I,m still here! (Just working insane hours at my new job!) The caffeine party is definitly still on! Is anyone coming though! Everyone seems to be postponing til Friday??? I can't be alone and caffeinated! How sad.....

Kilayi
05-06-2004, 07:14 PM
i shall be there on Thursday!! along with Avanon, Goddess Cookie and my boyfriend...
we need a way to figure out which roms we are gonna be located in though... like have some sort of a code on the bulliten board so that random people wont come that we dun know...

Omittchi
05-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Sounds like a good idea, Kilayi! Do they have such a bulletin board? That'd be great. Cause we have the suite but we won't know our room # til we actually check in. Lemme think on that and I'll either PM you or stalk you on AIM, mwah ha ha. :jjacks:

Kilayi
05-06-2004, 08:35 PM
i saw a board near the elevators last year... with all kinds of stuff on it... i think it was there for our usage XD

I hate the thing about not knowing our room numbers though.... make it hard for us gatherers to conduct things XD

onnawufei
05-07-2004, 06:51 AM
I'm definately there, as will be my best friend and reluctant boyfriend. *L* I'll try to keep his whining to a minimum though, I promise.

nixxer
05-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Im going to try like hell to be there, I should be there...I told everyone here I was leaving on thursday. I'll have my b/f and snacks...if I can remember...of course I could never forget cookies, so I know I'll have those....but yeah my plans right now are to be there, cause I just cant so no to partying, I already have flavored creamers ready to go :bigtu: I probably will show up kinda late if I have to work before leaving though....

Omittchi
05-07-2004, 06:09 PM
If you get there late thats fine. I was kinda thinkin' we'd get together around 10 anyways. And with caffeine we should be up a looooooong time,lol. BTW...does anyone maybe have a DVD player? I am bringing my CD player but I have tons of DVD's I could bring if we had a player. I have Moonchild, Glay's One Love concert, L'arc Grand Cross concert, Gackt's Mars Tour, Weiss' Das Ewige Dasein concert...and so on. Lemme know!

Kilayi
05-07-2004, 06:15 PM
You know... all the planning for the party is hidden amongst this thread.... should we start a new one for those of us in the know to get organised? To make sure whos bringing what/who? and our little "code" as well.... It cant just blatantly say "Caffiene Party in room ###" you know or we'll have lots of people unknown to us there XD

onnawufei
05-07-2004, 08:00 PM
My boyfriend brought up an important point. It was mentioned posting what room number the party is in on a message board, but if we did that then who knows who would stop by. Not like I'm trying to sound snobby or anything, but there could be some trouble makers about, y'know?

How many people going have a cell phone? If you have a cell and are bringing it with you then perhaps the ever-so-wonderful Omittchi could call with her room number. ^_^

Though if need be Todd and I would be willing to sit in the lobby dressed conspicuously. *L*

Kilayi
05-07-2004, 08:28 PM
i will have a cell...
i shall post the number later... when it gets closer....

Omittchi
05-07-2004, 08:33 PM
The ever-so-wonderful me has a cell! (Yay! I'm wonderful! :jjacks: )
I was actually thinking that Kilayi had a good idea though. I could come up with a "codename" and PM pr IM you guys and tell you how to find it on the bulletin board. That way only those we tell will know. So whoever else is coming speak up now!!! And if you guys will PM me with what you wanna bring I'll start a list on the first post in this thread like DDR Faery is doing for the B-day-party.(yeah...way back there on that first post when I was scared and didn't know anybody,lol) Anybody find a DVD player yet?

onnawufei
05-08-2004, 11:30 AM
You know... all the planning for the party is hidden amongst this thread.... should we start a new one for those of us in the know to get organised? To make sure whos bringing what/who? and our little "code" as well.... It cant just blatantly say "Caffiene Party in room ###" you know or we'll have lots of people unknown to us there XD

I agree on the new thread idea!

Oh, and I'm looking into a recipe for coffee brownies! Mmmm!!!! :p

onnawufei
05-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

I've figured out how to make chocolates with a whipped cream coffee type filling inside. GO ME! :bouncer:

Omittchi
05-09-2004, 09:54 AM
YUM-MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! You go Onnawufei! You ARE bringing us some...right??? :bigtu:

Kilayi
05-09-2004, 09:21 PM
how about we all PM each other in order to figure out the "code" and whatnot, or we could all talk on AIM if we're ever all on XD

nixxer
05-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Oh, and I'm looking into a recipe for coffee brownies! Mmmm!!!! :p

bring those and I'll love you forever :heart:
hmm it seems I have another person planning on riding with me now, I've told him about the party and will see what he can bring, if you guys dont mind one more that is :D so now its me, my boy and our friend....hmm looks like Im gonna need to rearrange my car so our stuff will fit in too hehehe :thumbsup:
how come I see myself constantly making changes right up till I leave x.x oh and I have a cell too :cool: so I can either pm or aim the #
edit: so far I have planned to bring my 2 things of flavored coffee creamer(one is small other is big, might just bring the big one x.x), a case of DP and a thing of cookies. I still havent found out what my other ppls are bringing just yet.

freakyarcher
05-10-2004, 09:15 AM

i feel the same way :lost: ! i found a friend on this site that i have not met yet, but from what she says, i will feel like a big sister because i am 21 and she is 15. i know people who are in their 20's do the cosplay thing, but i didn't know that the age can go that low as well :eeek: . i don't wanna look like grandma amongst the teens :bigcry:
all i can say to help calm myself down is that i know i will not be the only one feeling this way and eventually i will have such a great time i will not remember being afraid of my age. :dance:

onnawufei
05-10-2004, 09:25 AM
YUM-MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! You go Onnawufei! You ARE bringing us some...right??? :bigtu:

Of COURSE, why do you think I'm making them in the first place. :razz:

DDR Faery Spice
05-10-2004, 02:58 PM
you old people are sooooo right! Who would want to talk to someone that freakishly ancient?!?! Note the HUGE puddle of sarcasm dripping offa that phrase. But yeah. I dunno why so many people worry about being "too old" for a con. You like anime don'cha? Like cosplay? Enjoy being spastic? Then what's the problem?!?!?
There may be a problem with me being there Thursday night. I have my last chorus concert of the year that same night at 7 o'clock. And I dun' wanna miss that either!!!! ;_; Of course, if I had to choose, I'd pick AZ, but this will make me SOOO sad! Singing is my life! *tears, sniffles, kleenex*

Omittchi
05-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Awwww! That's a tough choice you have there DDR Faery! I hope you can come share coffee but I certainly understand if you can't! If not...I'll certainly find you on Friday to say "Hi!"
And about that age thing...You guys crack me up! 21 is still young!! I'll be turning 28 the weekend after con. I really AM older than all of you! But it doesn't bother me anymore because I still have alot in common with everyone and everyone on the board has been soooo nice! I can't wait to meet you all! I was afraid I'd get made fun of. But then again...a guy at work thought I was in high school still! So I guess my age doesn't even show. No worries!! :jjacks:

DDR Faery Spice
05-10-2004, 03:22 PM
yay! now i just hope the other "twenty-somethings" and even "thirty-and-above-somethngs" will feel the same. ^^

onnawufei
05-10-2004, 10:21 PM
*L* The age thing trips me out, I NEVER think about it at the cons. A friend of mine is... I wouldn't say "significantly" older, but she's quite a bit older, and I always forget. She doesn't look or act like it at all! And at the same time I'll be thinking "DAMN that guys cute!" and find out he's complete jailbait. :mfg:

(That last bit has happened on several occasions.)

Omittchi
05-10-2004, 10:28 PM
That is so true! People my age don't look like it, and the young "kids" look like they're in their 20's! Weird...

onnawufei
05-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Heeeey, are we doing this caffeine thing in costume or "regular" clothes. If costume is needed that's no biggy, and if regular clothes are needed it'll give me an excuse to wear the Asian (Chinese I think) pajamas my sister got me.

... Okay so they may not be pajamas, but that's what I'd wear them as!

Omittchi
05-11-2004, 05:58 PM
I want everyone to just wear whatever makes you happy. Pajamas,costumes,neko ears,tiaras,barrels,or just normal clothes,lol! :jjacks: I only have one cosplay this year and so I'll just be in my normal clothes (which aren't so normal really). I'll probably wear my bedroom shoes though. I loooooove my bedroom shoes. So anything goes except nakedness. That'd just be weird,lol! :bigtu:

onnawufei
05-11-2004, 07:50 PM
I have bee slippers!!!

Chinese pajamas and bee slippers, ooooooooooh yeah.

Omittchi
05-11-2004, 08:38 PM
You go with your bee-slippered-self! I have fuzzy pink slippers. I'm such a girl... :bigtu: Hmmmm...now I gotta find cooler slippers...*goes shopping*

onnawufei
05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
*L* I got mine for Christmas. They have big stuffed bee heads on the front and the body is where you put your foot. My mom knows I have a thing for bees. :love:

I'm one of those people who are constantly cold, so I tend to live in slippers and toe socks. I have an abundance of both.

nixxer
05-11-2004, 11:31 PM
I have scooby doo slippers, cause Im a scooby doo fan, Im also a snoopy fan and have freakishly huge snoopy shirt that I wear at night, throw on some sweat pants and Im set, wooo I'll be sooo sexy :rolleyes: most likely though I'll be wearing just plain clothes, unless we want to make this a caffeine/pajama party that is

Shadablade
05-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Man, makes me sad that I cant get there thurs night now (cant get out of work :( ) But i'll say hi to everyone bright and early friday!

BTW Omittchi, dont sweat the age thing...im only about 6months younger than you by the sounds LoL!! :D

onnawufei
05-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Personally I like the pajama party idea. :p

Omittchi
05-12-2004, 07:33 AM
yay! I have kitty pajamas! Or should I wear my Wonder Woman ones? Hmmm... :jjacks:

quadrain61
05-12-2004, 02:59 PM
DUDE!!! I have NONE!!!!

Omittchi
05-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Better go get some jammies, Quadrain! Ya know...Target has great ones. That's where I got my Kitty jammies. Cute AND cheap. Rawk on!

Farmboybob
05-12-2004, 05:59 PM
I sleep in my cactaur outfit.

<_<

>_>

>_<

Ok, maybe not, I'd probably die of heat stroke and lack of oxygen.

onnawufei
05-12-2004, 07:40 PM
I have footy pajamas with Garfield on them, but it'd be too hot to wear those. *L* I just love my footy pajamas.

Omittchi
05-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Footie pajamas are awesome!!!!! I can never find them in adult sizes! Kids get all the good stuff. :sulk: Where did you find yours???

Kilayi
05-12-2004, 08:50 PM
i plan on taking my Felix the Cat slippers and my froggy pjs.....and my Pepe le Pew pants in case i get cold XP

onnawufei
05-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Footie pajamas are awesome!!!!! I can never find them in adult sizes! Kids get all the good stuff. :sulk: Where did you find yours???

Wal-Mart, try looking around Christmas. I've gotten a pair for the past two years from there. Last year they had Garfield, Snoopy, Tweety, all sorts of "licensed" stuff.

Omittchi
05-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Sweet! I'm gonna find me some footie jammies come x-mas time! :bigtu:
I have a random question...I said before I was bringing a cd player and some cd's. But what music do you guys like??? I will bring Gackt, L'arc en Ciel, hide,Glay, and Weiss (along with other random anime stuff). Do you guys have any you want to bring? What music do you like??
Oh yeah! When are we gonna meet up? How about we meet in the lobby next to the big planter that Kilayi told me about. We could meet around 10. How does that sound? If anyone got there later there will be a sign and/or message at the front desk with a coded location for you. But you gotta let me know if you need the code and I'll PM it to you. That way if anyone shows up later than 10 they can still find us. Can't wait to see you guys!!! :jjacks:

DDR Faery Spice
05-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm almost definitely gonna need the code, Omittchi-chan...coz I prolly won't get there till like 11pm. My concert's over at 8:30pm or so, then we're leaving straight from my school to the con, and it's an hour-and-a-half drive or so, so I'll be there around 10:30-11. But yeah. I'll definitely need the code. I also might be having some issues with my room, since I just had a BIG fight with my bf and don't know whether he's gonna be a bastard and not let me stay there. >.< I hate drama!!!!!!

Kilayi
05-14-2004, 04:11 PM
poor Faery....
I hope everything is ok between you and your bf come AZ.... we dun want to have any sadness there... Cons are a happy place! XD

Omittchi: I like j-pop/rock and what you have is fine. I shall be bringing my FLCL soundtrack, and random burned CDs with stuff like The Escaflowne soundtrack and j-pop on them as well

quadrain61
05-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Music????? here's my playlist (http://quadrain.classycutssalon.com/other/mp3_list.htm) currently on my laptop

Most latin music - Sisters
Rap, Hip Hop, etc, - Friends, mine
Ayumi Hamasaki's songs - mine
rest - mine
Some - Farmboybob's (more coming soon)

That's all I have on my computer and a legit versions of Ayu Trance 2, 3

Another thing - I'm game for almost anything but I don't really like country

Omittchi
05-14-2004, 08:57 PM
OK...DDR Faery,I PM'ed you the code! Are you wearing jammies,too? I haven't quite decided,myself.
I don't like country either,Quadrain. It's yucky. :razz: You have ALOOOOOOT of Ayumi Hamasaki stuff,ne! (wow!) That's how I am with Glay. Well...and Gackt. (love my J-rock boys) :love:
Yay! Kilayi's bringing music. Does that FLCL soundtrack have the Pillows? :bigtu:

onnawufei
05-14-2004, 09:07 PM
JAMMIES!!!

I like the meeting at ten idea! I can definately make that! I like exclamation points! I'm trying Monster Energy drink for the first time!

WAH!!!!

Omittchi
05-14-2004, 09:17 PM
How will we recognize each other? We won't have our badges yet! I guess just look for the ones lurking near the planter in the lobby,ne?? :lost:

onnawufei
05-14-2004, 10:20 PM
How will we recognize each other? We won't have our badges yet! I guess just look for the ones lurking near the planter in the lobby,ne?? :lost:

IN THEIR JAMMIES!!!

Or we could lurk with coffee cups. :p Unless I decide last minute to be dumb and freak out about bringing it, I'll have one of my Nightmare Before Christmas mugs with me.

Omittchi
05-14-2004, 10:26 PM
OMG I LOOOOOVE that movie!!!!! We sell Zero slippers at my work!!!!! :jjacks: You must bring your mug!!! I will probably have my DBZ mug. I'm not so much into that anime anymore but I love my mug!

Kilayi
05-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Does that FLCL soundtrack have the Pillows? :bigtu:
Of course :p

I will try to have a yellow mug to match my Chocobo costume, or one with "Official Office Rules" on it, or a nifty purple one.... what ever I grab/have really XD
Oh and i will most likely be in my pjs.... maybe frogs will be on the shorts, as i was planning on getting a new pair this next weekend.... XP

onnawufei
05-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Hey, I should be fairly noticeable even out of my jammies. (Okay, that sounds very bad.) Look for the stupidly short (5'2") girl sitting with the stupidly tall (6'5") guy. Yeah... we get looks.

Oh, and of course the bored looking geek with us will be my boyfriend. I'm dragging him to sooooooooo many things at this con.

Omittchi
05-17-2004, 11:40 AM
I will be holding my mug! Everyone have your mug with you! That way we CAN'T miss each other!

DDR Faery Spice
05-17-2004, 04:07 PM
I have no cool mugs...In fact, I think I broke my last one two days ago. What can I say, I'm a klutz. But yeah, I'll prolly be wearing pajamas, but I don't have any cool ones, so I'll just be wearing big comfy pants and a wierd shirt. Or maybe my gackt transfer t that a friend made for me and shorts. ^^ Whee!

Omittchi
05-17-2004, 04:59 PM
I have a Gack-u-to homemade T also! I'll wear mine too! And I'll bring you a mug so no worries. I have too many mugs! :bigtu:

Kilayi
05-17-2004, 05:47 PM
hmmm.... i have a home-made Gackt T too.... is this a pettern i see? XD
us silly fangirls.... I will have my boyfriend with me as well, and Avanon, and Goddess Cookie, if you want to PM them or i can tell them everything, whatever you wish...

and Onnawufei: I'm short too.... only about 5'3" XP

Omittchi
05-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Everybody wear your Gackt tee's!!!!!
Dang guys...I'm 5'6". I feel like an ogre now! :crylaugh:
Kilayi...you can share "the code" with your pals that are coming but everybody be on tha down lo, ok! ;) lol
I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!!!!!!! :jjacks: :bouncer:
By the way...Where's Nixxer? *yells* "Nixxeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer??? :lost:

quadrain61
05-18-2004, 02:21 PM
I will be holding my mug! Everyone have your mug with you! That way we CAN'T miss each other!

1) I don't have a mug but I'm bringing a flask
2) I'll go find one though.

freakyarcher
05-18-2004, 02:48 PM
what mug are you all talking about :thumbsup: ? don't make me read the entire thread. :lost:

DDR Faery Spice
05-18-2004, 03:45 PM
I take pity on your soul(and your bandwidth?): to recap, this=caffeine party. Coffee=caffeine staple, therefore, bring yer favorite mug and cool pajamas or some such. Though neither is really mandatory.

quadrain61
05-18-2004, 04:21 PM
2.5 - 3 Boxes of BAWLS for 2 (1 for b-day party 1 for caffine party 1 for personal use or split I'm hoping to accomplish to get tomorrow (I'll confirm this tomorrow)

onnawufei
05-18-2004, 08:00 PM
I have no homemade Gackt shirt, I just have homemade Gackt pins, and those cheapo hide and Malice Mizer t-shirts they were selling at the con the year before last. I never wear the Malice Mizer one though b/c half the hem has fallen out of the bottom and it looks funny. YEARG!

Omittchi
05-18-2004, 10:31 PM
This may be true, Onnawaufei...However...you were Bunny Mana!!! And that far out-does us all on the "awesome clothing chart". :rockon:

nixxer
05-18-2004, 11:26 PM
wow it feels like Ive been gone for so long....Ive hardly been home at all in last week and when I do come home I get in so late that I just crash and dont get online...ok, so to recap on some things for everyone, as I know so far I and my friend will be going to caffeine party my b/f is trying to but so far it looks like he'll have to work and wont be able to make it, and since hes against going up to raleigh alone he's just planning on missing the whole weekend. He is trying to get time off but its kinda skeptical right now. oy, things have been wild for me, I need to slow down, I have a cold now and am not feeling to well. :( hopefully I'll be completely fine by next weekend.

DDR Faery Spice
05-19-2004, 02:17 PM
aw, get well soon Nixxer(and the rest of you sickies), we love j00!!!!
onnawufei, you could always re-hem the shirt...I did that to my MT shirt. Chopped up and re-hemmed! w00t! But yeah. See you guys in 8 days!

Kilayi
05-19-2004, 08:41 PM
gah! Only 8 days O_O !! thats no good! But still good in a way.... but... noo~~~ *runs away to sew more again*

nixxer
05-19-2004, 09:54 PM
hmm I'll probably need the code incase I run late or something. Days are going by to fast....Im sooooo not ready T.T waaaaaaah....my coffee mug is very dull and plan, I need a cool one or something, but it holds 32 ounces of coffee goodness so I cant complain. mmmm Im looking forward to this.

quadrain61
05-20-2004, 04:26 AM
1 box of BAWLS for this party coming right up

DDR Faery Spice
05-20-2004, 05:20 PM
This party is gonna r0x|NAT3!!!

onnawufei
05-21-2004, 06:12 PM
I am all better and back into the swing of making coffee candy.

Coffee candy = melty chocolates, cappucino coolers mix, cool whip. (mix cappucino coolers mix and cool whip, pour melty chocolate into the mold, pour cool whip mix in the mold, top off with more chocolate and viola!)

Anyone who laughs at my wrapping gets beaten up by Todd. :D

Omittchi
05-21-2004, 09:58 PM
I'll be going to the store tommorow for a BIG can of Folgers and a huge bag of sugar. I can't wait!!! *happy dance* :jjacks:

nixxer
05-22-2004, 02:05 AM
The closer the con gets the more I realize Im not ready for it X_X but on the plus side my b/f should be able to go, and apparently I'll have yet another person riding with me...boy at this rate there wont be any room for anything....oy, Im glad I got a good size car. And my cold is improving, I have cough and runny nose, Im hoping to be all well by the end of the weekend.

onnawufei
05-22-2004, 06:32 AM
Heeey if anyone here wants to IM me whenever I'm on AIM to y'know, plan things or just chat or whatever, my AIM is in my info. Also my LJ username is onnawufei (crazy, huh?) so if anyone has an LJ I've been rambling about Animazement stuff like crazy there. *L*

I can safely say I'll be all better by the con, though I may have a cough. I'm feeling fine aside from the cough and the congestion that I ALWAYS get after a cold.

quadrain61
05-22-2004, 07:58 PM
About the mug thing, I could only find a traveling mug. (Atleast I won't spill anything :razz: )

Kilayi
05-22-2004, 10:07 PM
I cant find any that we wanted... Avanon, Goddess Cookie and I wanted some to match our critters so we could "mug" people... I guess i will have to break out the paint :3

Archelon
05-22-2004, 10:16 PM
For best results, eat coffee beans straight. Sends the caffeine directly to your bloodstream for instant and maximum effect.

Kilayi
05-22-2004, 10:21 PM
For best results, eat coffee beans straight. Sends the caffeine directly to your bloodstream for instant and maximum effect.
Oh yes! Especially chocolate covered ones :3

Archelon
05-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Don't even joke about those! XD

Kilayi
05-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Don't even joke about those! XD
Im not... i love those, yet somehow forgot about them for AZ in general...I must get or make some now!! XD

onnawufei
05-23-2004, 07:11 AM
Im not... i love those, yet somehow forgot about them for AZ in general...I must get or make some now!! XD

My attempts at "making" them ended BADLY. *L* But nto without much amusement. :crylaugh:

I actually thought about getting some, but the only place that sells them here is expensive. They used to sell them at the grocery store but they stopped. :blubber:

Aaaaand because I just saw this smiley and thought it was cute: :japan:

DDR Faery Spice
05-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Starbucks is the only placwe I can find them around here, and I'm boycotting Starbucks in favor of the Kaldi's Coffee down the street. Coz they're little and spiffy and not poseur-ish snobs like Starbucks. :razz: But yeah, AZ is so close now. so much to DOOOOOO~!!!
And onnawufei, your coffee candy sounds tres delicieuse. Or whatever the French for it is. XD

SakeNinja2
05-25-2004, 12:08 AM
If Coug... er, DDRFareySpice... wants to stop by the Ninja's room, we have a gift of LOTS of Green tea and Oolong tea for you caffineers. What's a caffeen party without green tea and Oolong tea right?!?!?! We'll TRY to stop the lobby at 10 and say hello and bring your gift! If we forget, the Coug can stop by when she gets in and get it.

Kilayi
05-25-2004, 05:26 AM
Yay! thank you guys!
I'll be sure to hug you when we see you :3

onnawufei
05-25-2004, 06:57 AM
Have you hugged your Sake Ninja today?

It should be a shirt... or... something. I don't know, I always sort of feared the Sake Ninja's, but only because I'm small and afraid they'd trample me in an alcohol related accident. :crylaugh:

nixxer
05-25-2004, 11:18 AM
*sniffles* the sake ninjas are so nice...as long as no one disturbs them when in drunken slumber, but yay, I love both those teas ^_^ oh yeah, I found out, I work on thursday till 8pm which means I wont be up there till about 10-11, depending on how fast I can get out of town >.>;;; Im bringing 3 people with me, my b/f his friend and their mutual friend....Im informing them if they want to go to this party they have to bring food, I'll be picking up my stuff tomorrow :D Im still sooo not ready for this con, but oh well, looks like times running out....waaaaaaaaaaaah....yet....yaaaaaaaaaaay oh what a life :thumbsup: anyway, cant wait to see all of you weeee just two more days

DDR Faery Spice
05-25-2004, 02:06 PM
It's okay, nixxer, I won't be there till 10 or 11 as well. Dude, James, don't forget my reg card, I don't want to not be able to get my ticket!!! And I'll definietly stop by the Ninja Room at some point to get the tea. I have to go to Omittchi's room first, though, to jump my roomie for the key.

Archelon
05-25-2004, 07:37 PM
I won't be there until 5pm, at the earliest, on Friday. T-T

SakeNinja2
05-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Dude, James, don't forget my reg card, I don't want to not be able to get my ticket!!!
All righty, Coug! :drunk:

onnawufei
05-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Alright, so the plan is to meet in the lobby by the planter at 10:00 tomorrow night? 'Cause I want to make sure I know what's going on here.

Does anyone know if the rooms have internet access? My boyfriend is bringing his laptop, and if they have 'net access then we could probably post the room number on the thread for those who are coming late. Don't know how much that would help, but it might.

SakeNinja2
05-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah, they do. Free Ethernet.

quadrain61
05-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah free but becareful. Everyone is gonna bring their PC or Laptop to plug in so the bandwith is gonna be sucked up. (like me)

Omittchi
05-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeppers! 10 pm at the planter in the lobby! I will have a mug and either a Gackt or Glay shirt. (homemade style,of course) :rockon:
Our room will have internet access but I pretty much private messaged everyone that needed the code. I will check this thread in the afternoon before I leave so if anyone needs the code let me know by then and I'll PM you. I don't really want to post my room number.
I can't wait to see everyone!!! I'm sooooooo ready for con!!!
Oh yeah...I also made stickers of my avatar to put on my badge so I'll be easier to recognize. See you guys TOMORROW!! :jjacks:

onnawufei
05-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Aw crap, I forgot to print out my avatar! :lost: Well I have purple ribbon so hopefully that will just have to do.

I must remember my mug! I'm so afraid it's going to break though... maybe I should pack it with my wig. :crylaugh:

Omittchi
05-26-2004, 10:27 PM
I mummified my mug in paper towels so it (hopefully) won't break. I also have a gajillion katrillion styro cups. And cookies. I had to bring cookies! :bigtu:

nixxer
05-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Im planning on making a stopover on the way there at my friends house to see them so I'll be in a little late, but it'll be ok...I just hope I dont forget anything wah, I cant believe Im leaving tomorrow, where did the time go X_X its going to be so much fun meeting all of you ^_^ this is going to be great

SakeNinja2
05-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Oh BTW, somebody had asked about a grocery store nearby. You go the back way on Emporer Blvd and take a Left on Miami, stay left onto Chapel Hill, it will be about 2 1/2 miles (Food Lion I think)

onnawufei
05-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Ryan is soooooooo stressed right now, we're leaving in about four hours and he's the worrying type. Meanwhile I'm sitting in front of the computer in my underwear wasting time instead of packing. HA!

Can't wait to see you all tonight!

[edit] Okay, I printed out a picture of my avatar to tape to my badge. So if you see Hamtaro's ass and some DDR arrows you know it's me. *L*

Omittchi
05-27-2004, 08:44 AM
We are leaving in 4 hours and I am also wasting time,lol! I'm going insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jjacks:

quadrain61
05-27-2004, 10:00 AM
I still gotta pack

Omittchi
05-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Get to it, Quadrain! And don't forget the BAWLS!! Can't wait to see ya! :rockon:

nixxer
05-27-2004, 10:45 AM
I started packing this morning before I left for class (in between classes right now) I gotta go straight home after classes so I can finish my laundry and clean out my car and stuff. Right now my poor car looks like a war zone...but I did get my cosplay stuff packed and my flavored creamers so the important stuff is ready to go :bigtu: hmm, about 8 hours before I leave....it seems like awhile to wait, but I have a feeling I'll be out of here in no time at all :rolleyes:

Omittchi
05-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Yay! Have a safe trip, Nixxer! I'm jealous of you and your spacious car. My itty-bitty car is bursting at the seams and I'm going to have to put my wig in my lap. Oh well...it's worth it. My cosplay turned out better than I thought so I'm really excited about it!! :rockon:

Archelon
05-27-2004, 03:50 PM
I still have yet to pack. ^_^ But I don't leave until tomorrow (Friday) morning, so I've got some time.

evaneko
05-27-2004, 04:50 PM
>.< I'm still not done with my costume or my art... and yet I'm still sitting here wasting time messing around on the internet instead of doing my work ^^;;

Archelon
05-27-2004, 05:00 PM
I just finished packing.

onnawufei
05-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! I'm typing from my room? Anyone else? I could be like, FEET away from ya'll right now. :rockon:

Oh, I have coffee brownies and coffee candy for the caffeine party. I meant to bring my whipped cream for the coffee but I forgot. :lost:

Kilayi
05-27-2004, 07:10 PM
woo we're here and ready to act silly :3

quadrain61
05-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Where's the party?

onnawufei
05-28-2004, 07:12 AM
Guess it's too late to answer that one. *L*

It ended up with Omittchi, Nixxer and myself (plus are various male counterparts) hanging out until 3:00 after every else had left. Much fun! I'm currently running on maybe 3 1/2 hours of sleep.

nixxer
05-31-2004, 08:50 PM
it was loads of fun you guys were great, Im so glad to have met everyone ^_^ and the food was good and the coffee, and the bawls, once I left I really didnt sleep to much...but I made up for it after I got home from the con, I slept loads today, I hope everyone else made it home safely

Kilayi
05-31-2004, 10:09 PM
It was great meeting all of you and a big thanks goes out to Omittchi for holding this party

nixxer: It was great hanging out with you after the party :3 in the dealer's room especially XD

DDR Faery Spice
06-01-2004, 03:42 PM
You guys were the best, sorry for being chronically late both times^_^; All that drama wore me out. But I had a blast!

quadrain61
06-01-2004, 04:00 PM
It was cool meeting all of you one way or another. Sorry about popping in and out of the thur night party because there was some problems. Friday morning I missed the birthday party because Farmboybob came late and I had to move rooms from #112 to #326.
Carrying BAWLS makes people stare at you.

Oh yeah if any of you people slept, I had the worst place to sleep. What was I thinking of? (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=140816&password=91c24ec007d0a32111988c506bd05c1d&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)

nixxer
06-02-2004, 10:37 AM
awww that pic is so cute though, like a little kitty all curled up how sweet :)

Invincible Kaji
06-02-2004, 10:43 AM
I wish I could have slept on top of the TV. I got a couch.

Kilayi
06-02-2004, 12:32 PM
our TV wasnt in a big box thingy... so we had someone in a sleeping bag, one in a cot, and us 3 girls in the bed :3
Although I had volunteered for the closet XD

DDR Faery Spice
06-02-2004, 03:27 PM
my sleeping arrangements were funny...friday morning I woke up curled up half under a comforter on the Sake Ninjas floor, Saturday, I apparently ended up nearly killing Ian in my sleep coz of a nightmare(or maybe he tried feeling me up in my sleep? I have been known to beat people who touch me when I'm out XD), and Saturday night Chase and I were crammed into a 2'x4' space in the corner of Steven and Laura's room, trying to keep warm. They had the air on, I wasn't wearing much clothes coz I got locked out of my room, and they wouldn't give us a blanket. -_-; But yeah. It was funny.

SakeNinja2
06-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Worst sleeping arrangement award goes to... this guy called "wet" (or something like that) who passed out in our room Fri. night. Rather not say more about it than that R. Kelly was involved...

DDR Faery Spice
06-03-2004, 01:08 PM
O.o no comment.

Avanon
06-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Yeh...thanks Omittchi! And to your guy for being a stereotypical guy for when i asked him how he was doing he said fine and then asked me how I was while looking at my chest. Great laughs for everyone. Love the party...the candy was great. Yay for candy making people.

Omittchi
06-03-2004, 06:26 PM
What was that, Avanon?? I didn't hear you...I was staring at your napkins,lol! :)

DDR Faery Spice
06-04-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry I didn't see you guys more...my fault, for picking other people to hang with who then abandoned me. That's what you get for chillin' with a man-whore. But yeah. You guys roxxinate...If I lived closer I would so say we should all hang out sometime outside of cosplay. ^_^ Of course, if any of you are ever in Charlotte, feel free to drop me a line so we can.

Sh!bby
07-08-2004, 11:09 AM
It's weird....I ended up with a guy that I talked to for maybe 15mins at Animazement.

Then I stalked him down on this site, called him, and invited him down. Then I went up to Boone with him for a week with Bishie and Kenshii, then he came down for a week, and it went from there.

You know who this guy is, especially DDR Fairy (Tiff, as I've been told).

This guy is Ikusai ^_~

Nya and he is a cutie!

Terumi
07-08-2004, 09:46 PM
It was cool meeting all of you one way or another. Sorry about popping in and out of the thur night party because there was some problems. Friday morning I missed the birthday party because Farmboybob came late and I had to move rooms from #112 to #326.
Carrying BAWLS makes people stare at you.

Oh yeah if any of you people slept, I had the worst place to sleep. What was I thinking of? (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=140816&password=91c24ec007d0a32111988c506bd05c1d&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)

Who did you cosplay as? Trying to get my memory in place! XD I had to leave early because there was a death in the family and I didn't get to see everyone ;-; But sooo looking forward to the CCR meetings

AnimesChild65
08-12-2004, 01:20 PM
HEHEHE You guys are GRANDMAS

lol, j/k, but don't worry. I'm 13 and me and my fellow 13 year old friends were like the youngest people at AZ 03.