PDA

View Full Version : What Groups will I see at Ohayocon? =)

Setsuki-chan
11-15-2002, 12:01 AM
Just curious! :love:

By the way, I've never been to Ohayocon. I know it's fairly small.... But have you guys any comments on it? It falls on the weekend of my birthday, so I'm excited!! ^o^

Eurobeat King
11-15-2002, 04:52 AM
Ohayocon 2002 was small, but fun. It was certainly COLLLLD when you stepped outside, but it was good seeing my friends on the East Coast again to start the new year, and I made a few new friends at Ohayocon2k2 also. :)

Cosplay Groups? Well, why don't we all start to form group ideas HERE, so this way we can plan for whoever's going to do what costumes from which anime, as well as plan on day & time for the gathering. The other thread post on the Ohayocon listed the possible costumes I'll be bringing (or more), so here's the groups that could I could partake in if we formed them:

-Evangelion
-Rurouni Kenshin
-Sakura Taisen
-Dead or Alive 2
-King of Fighters
-Virtua Fighter 4
-Gundam Wing

You'll prolly see other popular anime gatherings like FFX, Hellsing, Inu Yasha, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, etc. So let's start planning some now, ne? ;)

Melchior
11-15-2002, 10:40 AM
From the people I know there will be a moderately sized Inuyasha group, and a Sailor Moon group.

KnuxieChan
11-15-2002, 01:12 PM
I was gonna do Bastard!! But I can get Rhi here -_- My parents don't want me seeing her..

Oshi
11-15-2002, 01:46 PM
I'd go, but there's no way I'm driving across PA in the middle of January, especially with the kind of winter I'm predicting ^^;;;
Maybe next year.

Celine
11-15-2002, 03:07 PM
>I'd go, but there's no way I'm driving across PA in the middle of January, especially with the kind of winter I'm predicting

Pssh. The weather might not be so bad. Going to Katsucon wasn't terrible- just sort of chilly. ^_^

Anyway, there is supposedly going to be a Tokyo MewMew group at Ohayocon. I think it's supposed to be all the female characters, but I'm not quite sure. I have no other plans at this point. XD

Rosiel
11-15-2002, 05:06 PM
I'll be there for hall cosplay as part of a Gundam Wing All-Ozzie group. (The usual suspects: Treize, Une, Zechs and Noin.)

makio
11-15-2002, 09:27 PM
Since I'm attending ACC-Expo next week with a friend of mine in redone Yun/Yang (Street Fighter3) costumes...for Ohayocon, I'm planning to attend with the possible following:

Kim Dong Hwan(Garou: Mark of the Wolves)...yes, damnit - I'm gonna finish those hand/ankle bracers so I can get the task off my shoulders. Set for Friday.
Richter Belmont(Castlevania: SotN)...since I'm going as Yun for ACC-Expo instead of Richter, I'm bringing Richter to wear on Saturday. It's actually the third costume I've worn a frock coat for...hmm. Anyway, I'm not bringing his sword, but I am bringing a whip!
:devil:

Sunday's open for me, so if anyone need another cosplayer for a certain theme or whatnot, lemme'know.

KnuxieChan
11-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Cool ^^ I'm trying to think of a second outfit.. probably Zidane.

makio
11-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Oh yeah. I gotta bring someone from Final Fantasy this time around. Hn... -search, search-

Melchior
11-16-2002, 01:17 AM
Shippou you better bring shippou. We need one!

Eurobeat King
11-16-2002, 12:43 PM
Roseil: Perhaps I can wear Trowa to be a part of your group, as in the series Trowa DID join up with Oz for a little bit. (I think secretly he liked Lady Une.. ;))

Makio: If you get your Dong Hwan done by Ohayo, I'll bring my Jae Hoon so we can pair up for pics. :D Wasn't planning on bringing him, but I'm always looking for someone to pair up with, since the costumes will be more recognizable as a duo.

KnuxieChan
11-16-2002, 01:07 PM
Melchior: Of course I will XP I'm gonna bring Zidane and Shippo ^__^

Makio: Yay! *huggles*What FF costumes do you have?

Celine
11-16-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, I think I'll try and finish up all my as-of-yet-unfinished projects. So, that'll mean I'll bring Rutee (screw the weather), Luc, and King. Maybe I'll do Digimon again. Or maybe I will make a *correct* white mage. Yay!

makio
11-17-2002, 01:19 AM
Shippo...The only FF costumes I have at the moment are Cid Highwind and Raijin...though I don't plan on bringing Raijin until Otakon'03/AWA-9 for group photos. And I have to repaint the insignia on the shoulderpad. Suggestions are still welcome though if you have ideas!

However - Celine, if you bring White Mage this time around, I'll go as a Black Mage or Vivi if I can somehow make the pants! Just refrain from reinacting 8-bit Theatre though...I don't know if I could take a sledgehammer to the noggin. :thumbsup:

EurobeatKing, I'm definitely bringing DH no matter what. On the flight back from Nekocon, I was a little upset with myself for not finding a way to finish it to a displayable state. The situation was worse when I found a Garou:MotW version of Terry Bogard at the con too...it would've been a great photo. Ah well. *le'sigh*

Celine
11-17-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
However - Celine, if you bring White Mage this time around, I'll go as a Black Mage or Vivi if I can somehow make the pants! Just refrain from reinacting 8-bit Theatre though...I don't know if I could take a sledgehammer to the noggin. :thumbsup:

Mwahaha! If *you* make a black mage, I will TOTALLY have a white mage finished. Look at how I jump on an excuse to make another white mage... and for black mage/Vivi pants, use either fabric that already has the stripes, or take normal pants patterns, and two types of fabric, and do your own stripes (this isn't too hard, I did it for a friend's Vivi costume).

makio
11-17-2002, 02:33 AM
LOL...that's a lot better than my own notion of just finding a green/white striped picnic table cloth! Much thanks!

Setsuki-chan
11-17-2002, 02:42 AM
Wow! Lots of cool people are gonna be at Ohaycon. :love:

Oh man! Is there a "Cosplay.com" group photo? ^^; I know that ACParadise and Cosplay Mailing List have one, and they're usually under their own section on Fansview...

Just curious. ^_^

Doc Stampede
11-17-2002, 01:30 PM
I'll be at Ohayocon. I'll probably have one or two costumes with me, not sure which ones yet. I'm debating if I'll costume for the emcee stuff I've got on my tasklist at the con.

If you see a pimpin suppi-chan, that's me. Mmmmm, black velvet.. hehe

Doc

makio
11-18-2002, 05:09 AM
Someone go as Freya, 'dern it. :devil:

Oshi
11-18-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Setsuki-chan
Oh man! Is there a "Cosplay.com" group photo? ^^; I know that ACParadise and Cosplay Mailing List have one, and they're usually under their own section on Fansview...
Usually we try to throw in a Cosplay.com photo at the same time the ACP and COSPML do their photoshoots. It's just convinient, cuz usually everybody is already there.

KnuxieChan
11-18-2002, 02:47 PM
>Someone go as Freya, 'dern it.

I was going to, but I wanted to be Zidane. I may do her later.

Celine
11-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Someone go as Freya, 'dern it. :devil:

Bah, Freya I have seen. Someone go as STEINER, darn it!!! ^^

makio
11-18-2002, 05:04 PM
>_> I would, but if I wore it to Anime Expo, I'd literally cook in my own suit of armor...but it would be pretty cool if we found a Steiner. If anyone wears it for Ohayocon, at least they might be warm..? Either way, It'd be nice to have a full FF9 group.

KnuxieChan
11-18-2002, 05:09 PM
Heheh, anyone wanna do a FFIX group with me? ^__^

Eurobeat King
11-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Last year's ACP, COSPML, and Cosmen photoshoot wasn't really planned, and so when we got them together the gathering was sorta small. For CosMen, I think there was only like 4-5 of us in the pic. :thumbsup: For Ohayo2003, the convention hotel is new for the con (3rd straight time) so I don't know the layout of the place. We can schedule a time & date for the Cosplay.com photoshoot, but as to WHERE it has yet TBD. We'll work on it as the con draws closer. ;)

Celine
11-18-2002, 06:08 PM
>Heheh, anyone wanna do a FFIX group with me?

That's an interesting question. I want to do another FFIX costume (no way I'm fixing up my costume by Ohayocon... too darned lazy), but I'm not sure which character or when I'd want to wear it.

I'm losing my sanity, I think. Unless I find it, I'm probably going to do FFVIII's annoying and irritating Selphie. -_- Don't ask.

makio
11-18-2002, 09:46 PM
-just looks at Celine. Surprised, really-

Um...well, keep me informed EurobeatKing when the group photoshoot is taking place.

KnuxieChan
11-19-2002, 03:59 PM
Celine: What FFIX character did you cosplay? *curious*

Celine
11-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Shippo: My favorite, of course! Zidane! ^_^ http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=12599&papass=&sort=4&thecat=500 (or, you can find me looking retarded in just about anyone else's Nekocon pics XD) I ran out of time before Nekocon, and had to ghetto-rig parts of the costume, but I plan to go back and fix it up sometime next year. ^_^

Eurobeat King
11-19-2002, 05:14 PM
I'll try to organize the cosplay.com meeting right when the con starts, like post a flyer and also tell people about it when I see them, pass out cards, etc. Some point during the con, like during the photoshoot, I'll have my cosplay.com T-shirt, else I'll be in costume with everyone else in the group.

Looks like I won't be have my Lion Rafale costume for Ohayocon, since I postponed it due to my 2nd surprise costume that I thought of recently. It's a costume I've worn before, but am making some changes to it. You'll have to see it at the con in January.. ;) This surprise may even make me delay my 1st surprise costume until Katsucon, but we'll see..

KnuxieChan
11-19-2002, 07:14 PM
Oh cool! Tat's you XD I love your costume! Hehehe You should come as Zidane tooooo, pwease? n.n

Celine
11-19-2002, 07:30 PM
>Oh cool! Tat's you XD I love your costume! Hehehe You should come as Zidane tooooo, pwease? n.n

Thanks, but... ^_^;;; I don't want to fix up my costume because I'm a lazy bum who is easier to motivate when faced with an entirely new costume than making changes to an old one. I don't know why that is, but it's the reason that I won't wear Zidane or Ramza until I absolutely have to, since both of them need modification.

ravenkira
11-19-2002, 08:05 PM
We're doing an Excel Saga group...well we have about 6 of the characters but we'll find more people to join muwahahahaha! ;)

Madmann
11-20-2002, 01:11 PM
I will dawn the monks outfit and go as miroku again :)

Ameria
11-20-2002, 02:09 PM
Well I don't know about groups, unless you could consider my friend Amber and me a group. ^^ We're going to try to be Nami and Luffy from One Piece respectively. I might also have a Kikyou/Hino Rei/Asahina Mutsuki costume by then, hopefully. I'm definitely bringing Wizard if there's gonna be any Angelic Layer groups in need. ^_^

makio
11-20-2002, 03:51 PM
>_> I really have to see One Piece...it looks so hilarious, especially after seeing cosplayers and AMVs about it.

Ameria
11-24-2002, 10:28 PM
It definitely is! I'm stll watching it but it's great so far! Oh, and we now have a Zoro and Sanji! We're getting together a skit and we're looking for an Usop if anyone's interested! ^_^

Mappy
12-04-2002, 06:44 PM
yes! a full one piece group!
all i ever see is Luffy cosplayers. heh Rubber Humans! itll be cool seeing a Sanji finally. and Zoro!

ill try and make it to Ohayocon

KnuxieChan
12-04-2002, 10:25 PM
>We're doing an Excel Saga group

Sorry ;.;.. I can't get a 3rd costume. But I'll sing Menchi's song in Kareoke for you guys! So, I'm just going as Shippo and Dark Schneider ^.^'

Schu
12-11-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be going to Ohayocon, but things might happen.

If I end up there, I'll wear Youzen from Houshin Engi. I haven't started anything in particular except my WOG costume which has to debut somewhere else ;_;

If anyone needs anything in particular for a group, I'd be willing to make it (not too fond of Gundam Wing tho... >_< it scares me) to help fill something out. Guys or gals, I'll do just about anything.

Ohayocon sounds like it's gonna be great fun.

KnuxieChan
12-12-2002, 08:40 PM
Wanna do anyone from Bastard!!? I'll be a loney Dark Schneider ^^'

Schu
12-14-2002, 01:07 AM
Never seen it... but if anything fairly inexpensive was to pop up from Bastard... I'd be willing to try.

Ameria
12-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Yay, Houshin Engi! You shall make my Zoro and Sanji VERY happy, they love HE. ^_^ Oh, and if the Bastard thing doesn't work out, perhaps consider being our Usop for the One Piece group? He's the oddball and the costume's basically brown overalls, a white sash, brown work boots and a bandana. ^_^ I dunno why everyone's so afraid of Usop, I mean sure he has a long nose but that just adds to the quirky aura! ^.^

KnuxieChan
12-15-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm already working on my Darsh costume n.n'.. so.. I'll probably just go as a solo.

Bobbi
01-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Either way, It'd be nice to have a full FF9 group.

Some friends and I were gonna do an FFIX group this year, but we're putting it on hold for next year's ohayocon. There's gonna be a Steiner too! ^_^ I'm going to be Dagger.

Is anyone planning on wearing any Kenshin costumes on Saturday? I'll be going as Misao and my bf will be Aoshi. I'd be awesome to have a Kenshin group shot. We tried to get one at Sugoicon, but it just didn't work out. =\

Either that, or an Utena group either Friday or Sunday... if anyone's going to wear costumes from that, on one of those days, let me know! :)

Ashe
01-05-2003, 02:35 AM
If the Gundam Wing group is still gonna be around Sunday I'll bring my Relena costume, but I'm gonna be bumming around in Hellsing cosplay Friday and Saturday. We're hoping to have a decently sized Hellsing cast on Sat.

Rosiel
01-08-2003, 10:59 AM
> If the Gundam Wing group is still gonna be around Sunday I'll bring my Relena costume

Zechs and Noin are not finished, so we switched to our Suikoden costumes... but we should wear them at Katsucon. This is too bad it would have made a nice "family" picture.

> but I'm gonna be bumming around in Hellsing cosplay Friday and Saturday.

I came across your Integra on Cosplaylab... it's simply /lovely/! Can't wait to see it in person though...