PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Member Convention image galleries?

lainey
03-13-2004, 06:11 PM
^^

I think it has been brought up before....

Even our Anime North forum is smushed with Toronto Anime and CNAnime threads.
Which is entirely fine.

But I think we finally deserve an image gallery :D
Maybe you could have a Canadian convention image gallery divided into the largest anime conventions (such as Anime North and CNAnime) and a section for smaller cons (such as Toronto Anime coming up this weekend). I've seen con galleries that are tiny in size and I'm sure that our gallery will be pretty big (and its easier to search for con pics!)

Anyhow, I think Anime North at least truly deserves its own gallery and should definitely be up closer to its date May 21-23.

Infini
03-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah! I agree with lainey. I have a huge problem finding any images from Anime North or TAC/CNAnime on this board, since people don't always put the same, or any keywords in for the image search. There must be some way to make a general area for canadian convention pictures.

-Infini

Squall1882
03-22-2004, 11:07 PM
I Agree!! It is high time that Canadian Expo's like CNanime and TAC get the recognition that they diserve. At the very least a gallery to display the photo's of those that worked so hard to make their costumes. Lol.. they have the right to be seen!!

Genki de.

Eleryth
03-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey, don't forget about the West Coast conventions, like Animethon (Edmonton, Alberta - it's been running for 10 years now), Otafest (Calgary, Alberta), and Anime Evolution (Vancouver, BC).

Just because they're West Coast doesn't mean they're small! Granted, Ontario has a lot more people, but there are Canadian West coasters on this board.

If anything, please, even just a 'Canadian Conventions' photoalbum, so everyone has a place to put their stuff.

Mage
03-23-2004, 12:41 AM
By that token, there are also conventions East of Ontario, including the Montreal version of TAC and Animaritime.

dani
03-23-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm all in favor of anything that improves the Canadian content of this site.

Dani

lainey
03-23-2004, 09:05 AM
*nods*
i entirely agree with everyone...at LEAST a canadian conventions photo album!

lainey
03-27-2004, 03:13 PM
can admin respond....or is admin ignoring this thread :D

LionBoogy
03-31-2004, 10:50 PM
Personally I would just go with Anime North for now since it seems to be the most popular Canadian anime convention I've ever been to for 2 years (2001 and 2002). This year will be my third, yay! But I'm up for a generic Canadian Conventions, too... ^_^

- Lionel

Eleryth
04-01-2004, 01:30 AM
I don't know about the number of attendees for AN, but Animethon's been running 10 years, is a free convention (at least was, so far, I have no idea about this year), and has between 4000-5000 people all weekend (Sat. and Sun. only).

I think the only reason it's not as "big" is that it's free (donation to food bank), so they can't afford to pay Guests of Honor that draw people. Their cosplay contest, if I remember correctly, had about 100 entries.

The only other factor is population distribution. Ontario has a lot more people than Alberta does. For the population, the con is quite big.

I think they just haven't found cosplay.com yet is all.

(can you tell I'm from Edmonton? And pushing for all canadian cons, at least - it would be mostly AN and CNA, but that doesn't mean the others should be excluded)

Admin
04-01-2004, 02:12 AM
I've always wanted to break the site up into sub-sections for larger geographical areas, especially Canada as we do have a large contingent of Canadian cosplayers on the site. I could make a "Canada" forum or maybe it's time to make a few sub-forums for geographical discussion. I'll jot down some ideas anyway.

I'm not sure about having a big photo category called "Canada" but I can add a couple of Canadian conventions to the member photo gallery area.

LionBoogy
04-01-2004, 02:46 AM
Elyrth: Animethon, huh? hmmm.. July 10th-11th, 2004... *ponder ponder* :)

- Lionel

Infini
04-06-2004, 04:05 AM
I've always wanted to break the site up into sub-sections for larger geographical areas, especially Canada as we do have a large contingent of Canadian cosplayers on the site. I could make a "Canada" forum or maybe it's time to make a few sub-forums for geographical discussion. I'll jot down some ideas anyway.

I'm not sure about having a big photo category called "Canada" but I can add a couple of Canadian conventions to the member photo gallery area.

These ideas are perfect. :)

Having some canadian cons in the photo gallery area would be really great, especially since Anime North is coming up pretty soon.

-Infini