PDA

View Full Version : Finished (?) Shion, MOMO and KOS-MOS

Babyberry
03-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Alrighty, since rinny was so brave in posting her baby, I decided to do the same.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=14553

I'm the KOS-MOS, and it was my first costume/sewing job I've ever had the pleasure to complete (and it was a doozy, trust me ^_^). No pictures of the back because the white spine part needs two more bits added to it, but I was sick and tired of hand sewing by this time to bother with it.

So... any comments? ^_^ Feel free to comment on any of the costumes, or ask any questions.

And yes, all those blue bits were *hand sewn* on.

DeadLegato
03-14-2004, 02:43 AM
Hmmm... smile. Even if you have an angsty character a smile makes your picture look spiffier.

As for the actual costume... until I looked at the boots I didn't even notice the satin parts, so nice job, it didn't stick out and scream "LOOK AT ME, I BE SATIN!"

Babyberry
03-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Heh... I was a bit nervous (it was my first con, first costume, and I was kind of expecting people to critique it all day), and I wasn't sure if I was suppose to stay In Character in all the pictures. So I just did. >_<

rinny
03-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Heh... I was a bit nervous (it was my first con, first costume, and I was kind of expecting people to critique it all day), and I wasn't sure if I was suppose to stay In Character in all the pictures. So I just did. >_<

I just gave them my normal bitchy face XD .. I never smile unless someone gets hurt or.... wait.. that's the only time X3... I think your expression looks fine in the pics :3

Niku-Sama
03-31-2004, 05:29 PM
Very good for your first try! This is a critique so I will critique now, there is a big noticable in the material that your top part is made of and what the rest of it is made of, the satin I am guessing. I think the fan thingies on your arms should be a little longer and closer together, also is there a way to take some of the padding out of your helmet so it does not make your hair stick out so much? also perhaps reinforcing you hip thingies to make them straighter or shinyer, oh well home that helps ^_^

Babyberry
04-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Very good for your first try! This is a critique so I will critique now, there is a big noticable in the material that your top part is made of and what the rest of it is made of, the satin I am guessing. I think the fan thingies on your arms should be a little longer and closer together, also is there a way to take some of the padding out of your helmet so it does not make your hair stick out so much? also perhaps reinforcing you hip thingies to make them straighter or shinyer, oh well home that helps ^_^

Hey, thanks for the observations! I am thinking of remaking those arm things, because they were uncomfortable and wouldn't stay on the fabric of the arms. More sewing for me! >_<

The material (the white is what I think you were talking about) was satin on *every* white part... I think the angles of light made it look different? Anyways, I think it's fine for now, but Lord knows I'm not messing with the body again; it was just going to be a flat white, until I couldn't get paint stains out of the fabric. So trying to cover the body with all those blue bits on it... *shutter*. Horrible, let me tell you.

I'm also going to fix those hip things... I attached them to the main costume at the last minute, so I can make it look nicer/stiffer... maybe a little gold paint will help with the shininess? It didn't help that the gold paint/gold fabric didn't match up exactly (the fabric was a duller, prettier gold in my opinion), but there you go. =D

I don't think I understand your advice for the helmet/hair... but then again, I didn't post reference pictures that I used (a mixture of offical art/ CG art and screen shots in-game) so you might not know what I was going for. >_< I do have to fix the front bits (they kept spreading out instead of staying in large, smooth chucks in front of my face), and I kept messing with the helmet because it was kind of uncomfortable, so that might explain why the hair was sticking out. =)

Again, thanks for the critiques. I fixed the back (spinal bits *all* the way up this time), and we'll be wearing these again for AWA. I'll get everything fixed or adjusted by then.

pyrosam
04-15-2004, 03:45 PM
nice job at mega-con I like the bunny ears out of that if thats you good job ... good job on hand sewing I know its a real pain in the *** so really nice job on it... keep up the good work

Sammie_San
04-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Hi Hi ^^ Its time for meh now

I really like you Kos-Mos Costume! Its really neat ( I'll be doing one soon soon so yea ^^ ) I think you did a good job. heres what I noticed. Ok first off the white part of the top It should be a bit more form fitting. Also I SEE A ZIPPER YAY!! or what resembles a zipper ^^ If you were to redo this costume I would get a body suit patten of some kind and put in a real zipper down the front. (at least thats what I am planning on doing ) And like previously mention the cyborg armor looking thingies on the hips I would redo those and make then look all shiney and nice ^^. and one more thing ( since im a dork ) I really like your thigh highs only I would make them more fitting so they don't wrinkle because if you look at pictures of her thigh highs they are no loose they are tight. .but thats just me

all in all You did a great job ^^ I luff you costume it came out great for a first!

Babyberry
04-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi Hi ^^ Its time for meh now

I really like you Kos-Mos Costume! Its really neat ( I'll be doing one soon soon so yea ^^ ) I think you did a good job. heres what I noticed. Ok first off the white part of the top It should be a bit more form fitting. Also I SEE A ZIPPER YAY!! or what resembles a zipper ^^ If you were to redo this costume I would get a body suit patten of some kind and put in a real zipper down the front. (at least thats what I am planning on doing ) And like previously mention the cyborg armor looking thingies on the hips I would redo those and make then look all shiney and nice ^^. and one more thing ( since im a dork ) I really like your thigh highs only I would make them more fitting so they don't wrinkle because if you look at pictures of her thigh highs they are no loose they are tight. .but thats just me

all in all You did a great job ^^ I luff you costume it came out great for a first!

=D Thank you so much! I plan on using white vinyl next time, and making the body suit from scratch so it will be *much* more form fitting... if only I could find the white vinyl. >_<

Again, thanks for the critiques. When I get started on Version 1.5, I'll let you know.

Medra
04-29-2004, 03:52 AM
I loved the Shion costume! Very good. KOS-MOS was really good since I've always thought it was a difficult costume. You made it look great!

_Mandy_
05-06-2004, 05:12 PM
I haven't played too much Xenosaga but that costume looks awesome to me. Only thing I noticed were that the boots were baggy...I'm pretty sure they were tight in the game. But that's all. Really, really good job ^_^

Dewy
05-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Good costumes, though maybe your high boots should fit tighter? And..um...why is Shion wearing a garter? ^^;

Senko-chan
05-07-2004, 07:43 AM
yes, I think the boots should be a bit tighter. I love how it came out though! The hair and all! ^_^ I really think you did an awesome job! two thumbs up for you! ^_^

TaoNess
05-25-2004, 05:41 PM
I've also made a KOS MOS costume. And I've been cosplaying for a few years. And I have to say, good job on your first costume. This one was pretty hard. I made mine out of white vinyl and that is hard to work with. The boots are really tough to make if you want to move. Same with the skirt part.

Well with that said, good job and good luck if you are planning a redo!! ^^