PDA

View Full Version : Commissioner Beware

tinkerfairy
03-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Okay so if this is in the wrong place please let me know and I will move it else wheres;

Now Im new to the whole being a commissioner for people other then myself and friends.

So I took on this order from someone On here and had 2 weeks to do it. I bought all the materials and payed for over night shipping since I was on a time crunch.

Well a few days before my deadline, I was rushed to the ER because my appendix had exploded.

Well, I informed my buyer that due to this, I MIGHT not be able to make my deadline.

So he took actions and got all His money back through the BANK.

Now I am stuck with his cosplay and out ALL the money, the cost of materials and MY fees for making the costume.

So Commissioners Beware of Takaaaa

All Issues could have been solved, all I did was miss basic deadline due to something beyond my control. and NOW The money used to get his materials for the cosplay (all $179.87) so now that money was taken from MY BANK and From MY family.
TO TOP everything off he is bashing me. So everyone Beware, this guy is no good to sell to.

He is completely UNprofessional, and I guess this post makes me unprofessional, but I mean that is alot Of money to jip someone out of...and no one on here needs to risk going through what I am :/

Chao-Fangirl
03-29-2013, 10:27 PM
I don't think your post is unprofessional. It is good that you are warning other commissioners to avoid this guy.

It sounds to me like he is the unprofessional one. You let him know BEFORE the deadline that you had a personal emergency that was out of your control, which MIGHT (keyword there being MIGHT) result in you missing the deadline.

He didn't even give you a chance to try to make the deadline. The first thing he did was take his money back. Had he bothered to give you a chance to finish the commission, it sounds to me like you would have only barely missed the deadline.

Life has a way of throwing things at us at the most inconvenient times. He clearly has never had anything out of his control happen to him before or else he would have been more understanding of your situation. Otherwise, he is being a hypocrite.

Anyway... Maybe you could list the cosplay in the marketplace and try to make back some of the money that you lost from this commission?