PDA

View Full Version : The new Rikku design

Celine
11-15-2002, 03:33 PM
Anyone got any other pictures? Rikku's FFX-2 design (http://desmond.gaban.com/images/up4597.jpg)

I thought someone here might have been looking for it.

Bell-chan
11-15-2002, 03:41 PM
oh wow cooL! It's an interesting costume, ....but I don't think I'd ever wear anything like that...I can't wait til it's released in the U.S. (if ever....that is T_T). Maybe when I cosplay Yuna X-2, someone will cosplay with me? XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-15-2002, 03:45 PM
That looks very interesting...
but man, you will see a lot of FF Fanboys drooling over that one.:P

Bell-chan
11-15-2002, 03:47 PM
-_-...umm I don't think it would be limited to FF fanboys... more like fanboys...in general

Umi
11-15-2002, 03:47 PM
omg... *points* It's Christina Aguilera Rikku! *jaw drops*

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-15-2002, 03:49 PM
Bell-Chan: true...If anybody does this costume, believe me, I will be selling drool cups, a lot of drool cups... $_$

Celine
11-15-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Umi

XD Yeah, totally! My friend who posted this pic also mentioned that. Rikku = Christina?? Naaah...

Umi
11-15-2002, 04:05 PM
sort of the female version of boxers vs briefs discussion. I think we can all plainly see that Rikku wears a thong >.>

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-15-2002, 04:13 PM
*looks at Pic again* She really does look like Christina Aguilera!
and yeah, she's wearing a thong. wow...I think this costume would be too risque for the normal anime cosplay population, but if somebody does this, more power to them!

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Umi

Whoa...that's a very accurate description lol. Put some clothes on, Rikku! This is the first detailed Rikku pic I've seen. Thanks, Celine! :) Her hair actually looks kinda cool, and the costume looks *really* easy to do, so I'm sure there'll be lots of new Rikkus out there. I mean, yellow thong bikini, red scarf, blue headband, teeny brown skirt with some yellow pockets and blue boots...the hairstlye looks like the hardest aspect of this costume! :p Well, aside from those weird sleeve things. LOL I don't know why I find this costume so hilarious.

The first pic I saw is the screenshot of Rikku in the ship http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/ffx-2/ffx2-01.jpg. Then I saw a close up of the logo. Looks like all the FF chicks are going skimpy for this game! I'm still waiting for news on the mystery-chick-who-isn't-Lulu...

Celine
11-15-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Something Lulu
LOL I don't know why I find this costume so hilarious.

It's the scarf, I tell you!!! XD She's got that little teeny outfit on... with a scarf!!! It's so funny.

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Celine
It's the scarf, I tell you!!! XD She's got that little teeny outfit on... with a scarf!!! It's so funny.

That might be it. Ohhh yeah, that scarf is really going to make a difference in keeping her warm... LOL

HuongStar
11-15-2002, 04:47 PM
I really applaud the game designers' ability to mix current Japanese teen fashion trend into their character designs. Impractical as it, the scarf is adorable and so very now. Besides, game costumes aren't about wearability or practicality. Her hair rocks!! ^_^

I think this costume would be too risque for the normal anime cosplay population.

I think if the "normal cosplay population" can accept Lum & Felecia, this one won't be a problem.

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by HuongStar
Besides, game costumes aren't about wearability or practicality. Her hair rocks!! ^_^

Especially Final Fantasy costumes! When my cousin and I were working on our Yuna and Lulu costumes we kept talking about what crazy fashion sense the people in these games have.

I think if the "normal cosplay population" can accept Lum & Felecia, this one won't be a problem.

Very true. And Rikku's costume is more like regular clothes than those two. It's just like beach wear (minus the scarf and boots).

Maryssa
11-15-2002, 05:38 PM
oh.. my.. god...

i am so not into bikini costumes anymore but that is SO frickin CUTE

errr, how can you tell its a thong? I dont see any back shots... ever hear of string bikinis?

TyJILDown
11-16-2002, 12:32 AM
LMFAO OMG O_O That does look like that gawd damn Christina Aguilera! I am scared...

Yuna-X2
11-16-2002, 12:39 AM
Man, that is such an awesome costume! I would love do do something like that, but I definatly couldn't pull it off.

Shadow Lady
11-16-2002, 12:55 AM
It looks like she couldn't decide if she was going swimming or skiing.

A scarf and a bikini.......now thats a new one.

TyJILDown
11-16-2002, 01:26 AM
I might consider doing this, gawd I'll feel like a ho O_O

Jinx
11-16-2002, 01:38 AM
Hmmm.... I'm daring enough to do Lum... but Rikku? dunno... cute, but... o.o;;

Shi
11-16-2002, 03:44 AM
errr, how can you tell its a thong? I dont see any back shots... ever hear of string bikinis?

There are small strings running up over her hips if you look closely. They look maybe orange or flesh toned. But there's mo way to get underwear up that high with out them showing over your pants or giving you a serious wedgie.

Maryssa
11-16-2002, 08:59 AM
Err, well thats funny since i have underwear AND bathing suits that look just like that which certainly are not thongs ^^;

Koumori
11-16-2002, 10:02 AM
Well, obviously we can't tell for sure (I hope). But the current fashion trend among many girls is to wear your thongs with the straps showing like that - and I believe it's always done with thongs, as opposed to string bikinis (which I think ride a little differently) or any other kind of underwear and I can't believe I'm actually contributing to this discussion.

Chosuke
11-16-2002, 10:08 AM
She kinda looks like a wigger with all those dreads xD Maybe her and Wakka got married? -dies-

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Chobrat
Maybe her and Wakka got married? -dies-

Ack! no! lol

I do kinda like her hair, tho. But that costume...>_< I don't know what to think of it. It just makes me laugh.

Sana-chan
11-16-2002, 11:17 AM
LOL it is a funny, but cute costume! Especially the scarf XD. I say you should be her Alexis lol that'd be funny.

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Sana-chan
LOL it is a funny, but cute costume! Especially the scarf XD. I say you should be her Alexis lol that'd be funny.

Right, yeah, that'll be my next costume: Me cosplaying Rikku cosplaying Christina Aguilera. Suuuure. I'll look like I was headed to the beach and I got lost and wound up at Anime Expo! I'm not Ryoga lol. Besides, if "Pain" aka "mysterious third character" turns out to be related to Lulu, I want to dress as her. Assuming her clothing isn't as skanky as Rikku's. The pic in the logo doesn't look too promising. >_<

Sami
11-16-2002, 11:58 AM
> Right, yeah, that'll be my next costume: Me cosplaying Rikku cosplaying Christina Aguilera.

ROFLMAO! Wow, she seriously looks just like her.. o___O I agree we'll probably se seeing a lot of these popping up ^^;;, but it's a bit too revealing for myself.. haha..

Umi
11-16-2002, 03:41 PM
Man I think itd' be a cute costume but er... yeah.... ^o^

Ok so I can't tell for sure that it's a thong but that has been the 'in' style thing for the past year or so. Girls wearing thongs and pulling up the strings over the pant or skirt lines. Tho' I agree from the way it looks it is pulled up it doesn't really seem as if a lot of cloth could cover anything back there.

This thread changed rather quickly from "Hey look at the new Rikku design" to "Let's analyze underwear".... though I think their intention was to go for beachwear here... otherwise... whoa ultra-skanky. heh.

Alaria
11-17-2002, 02:13 AM
I think that was the point for all three characters :::winks::: Rikku's costume hasn't altered as much as Yuna's has! And if that is indeed Lulu, then OMG, I guess those belts really did get to her, huh

Something Lulu
11-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Alaria
And if that is indeed Lulu, then OMG, I guess those belts really did get to her, huh

Can you really blame her??? LOL I couldn't even make the whole day with those belts at AX. I ended up removing them so I could walk back to the hotel at the end of the day, because I wouldn't have made it. I wouldn't blame Lulu if after all the stuff that happens in FFX she says she's had it with the belts and wants to walk around in a thong instead lol. (Although if she does that I will definately *not* be cosplaying her.) Maybe the name "Pain" refers to wearing that skirt. I can relate to that! :D

RealizeDOP
11-17-2002, 02:38 PM
MAN! I LOVE RIKKU'S Outfit!!!! O.o It's so HOT! >< Man.....I want to do, I reallllyy wanna make it now heehee!

Doc Stampede
11-17-2002, 08:34 PM
I'm convinced that for every skimpy costume, male or female, there will be someone willing to cosplay it. And you know what? If they're comfortable with it, more power to them.

Oddly enough, I usually don't take photos of the skimpy costumes unless they're also particularly well done. (Or they ask me to.) Of course, I've got a wierd attitude on what I'll shoot.

*wanders off blathering*
Doc

heki-chan
11-18-2002, 02:22 AM
yaaay!!! that picture is /fiiinaaaallly/ published X_X *nearly died from waiting* hehehehaha^_^

anyhoo^_^ we'll DEFINITELY be putting together the three heroines (sp?) for AnimeNorth 03^_^ n i think aubz can pull off that...revealing new Rikku look..she's lik a freaking Rikku-clone *_*

*points to the picture attached to post*

YAY! FFX-2 is gonna be so dman fun to cosplay^_^

and yeah..."pain" "pyne' whtevr (lulu look alike) appears to be...kinda blonde. ^_^; guess she dusnt look much lik lulu afterall^_^;

~heki

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 02:38 AM
It's really hard to tell. Square must be having a lot of fun promoting interest over this one!

heki-chan
11-18-2002, 02:45 AM
one sec...my friend aubz gave me a pic that showed her hair colour pretty clearly... *goes to find it in messy HD*

tho...hmm...it could always just be the artwork's colour^_^ CG-style may look entirely different^_^

~heki

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 02:47 AM
I saw that one, too! It could be the lighting or art style, though. (love your avy btw!)

Alaria
11-18-2002, 03:15 AM
wells, from ur pic, lulu, it looks like a younger, 80s punk version of lulu....so yeah relative is a good assumption

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 03:25 AM
omg what a thought...Lulu from the 80s! lmao!! It's Lulu in her rebel phase @_@ ::tries to catch breath but instead pictures Lulu in sweatsocks and high heels and cracks up again::