PDA

View Full Version : Why wait till Akon! Cosplay Now! :D Dallas cosplayers wanted!

ayanamilisa
03-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone the Irving Anime club is having
a little event on March 26th to get other college
goers into cosplay, however other people may come
too. there will be snax, and prizes, and a cosplay
discussion. It will be really fun. we plan to hook
newbies into the world of cosplay and then
have a little group. A club within our anime
club if you will. We will meet about three
times during the semester. Then the grand
finale will be a little cosplay picnic event
at North Lake College. we will all eat
and take pictures and then we will
all see eachother again at Akon!
It will be really fun.
If anyone in the metroplex area
would like any info please
email me
at

Ayanami_lisa@yahoo.com

for more details on what to bring and
such.
everyone is welcome to join :D
p/s this is not a Cosplay.com sponsored event
this a north lake college anime club event

HuongStar
03-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Whoa... the formatting on this message is all wonky. Anyway, it sounds like an interesting idea. :)

ayanamilisa
03-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Whoa... the formatting on this message is all wonky. Anyway, it sounds like an interesting idea. :)
thats the spirit come one guys! You know you cant wait to cosplay
plus free drinks and snax! note: this is to get peeps interested so you
really dont have to cosplay that day although a couple awsome cosplayers
may persuade more peeps to join!

plus it would be a cool way to meet people who are going to akon!

ayanamilisa
03-17-2004, 04:08 PM
some of you called my previous thread confusing i hope this helps:
On Friday March 26th we are havinga cosplaying event at North Lake Community College. It will run from 11am-2pm and is at that time to attract college goers on their lunch break, but everyone is invited to join us. We will have snax, drinks, prizes and a cosplay discussion. Our desire is to meet three times before the Asian Heritage Festival. We will have a booth at the festival and an amount of stage time to do a cosplay walkoff. It will be really fun and the Asian Heritage Festival is fall all on its own. Our aim is to attract new and old cosplayers alike and then help each other construct costumes for this event. It will be a total blast anda chance to meet other cosplayers in the dallas metroplex i really hope you will join us for this and the Asian Heritage Festival.

for any questions and more detailed info
email me at
Ayanami_lisa@yahoo.com

Directions to the North lake college campus are i believe
on their website at

ZiggyB
03-17-2004, 06:22 PM
This sounds like fun, too bad I'm in California. :)

BTW, please do not crosspost the same announcement over and over. I deleted your duplicate posts in the Newbie and Seeking Cosplayers forum. I've also moved this thread from the A-Kon board to the Member Events and Gatherings, which is what this is.

Have a good time. :)

ayanamilisa
03-17-2004, 10:47 PM
This sounds like fun, too bad I'm in California. :)

BTW, please do not crosspost the same announcement over and over. I deleted your duplicate posts in the Newbie and Seeking Cosplayers forum. I've also moved this thread from the A-Kon board to the Member Events and Gatherings, which is what this is.

Have a good time. :)
my apologies >_< i didnt know not to do that sorry

kawada_shougo5
03-18-2004, 11:40 PM
I live close to North Lake (Bedford) and I'd really like to make it out there but I work during the day... any chance of you guys getting together another time like evening or weekend? I know a lot of cosplayers in the Houston area and further south but haven't really met many closer to home.

ayanamilisa
03-19-2004, 12:21 AM
Yes We are meeting again at the Asian Heritiage Festival Wich is
April 24 and cosideralby larger it runs from 10am-4pm on a sat.
500 people attended last year it was nutz. This year we havet
two booths next to an akon one and we get a thirty minute stage
slot right after a fashion show. Announcer included so we will
be doing a little cosplay showdown. It will rule and you should go..but
come to the March 26th one too if you can

HuongStar
03-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Since there are some D/FW members, would any like to meet at the beautiful Fort Worth Botanical Japanese gardens for the Japanese Spring Festival? This event would not be appropriate for outlandish cosplay regalia but it would be a fun opportunity to meet before A-kon. Take that as you will but I have no intention of turning this into some "cosplay" event! :rolleyes:

SATURDAY, APRIL 3 & SUNDAY, APRIL 4
SPRING FESTIVAL IN THE JAPANESE GARDEN
Japanese Garden, Fort Worth Botanic Garden
3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX

Cost: $4 adults $2 children (4-12 years)

Demonstrations of bonsai, ikebana, tea ceremony, calligraphy, origami, paper making, sword disciplne, martial arts, and kyudo; performances of traditional Japanese dance, shakuhachi, and koto music. On Sunday at 2:00 p.m., students from Tanglewood Elementary School will perform the play Perry's Visits to Japan in 1853 and 1854, written by Elaine Yamagata. Presented by the Fort Worth Botanical Society.

Anyway, if you need more information, check out the Japan-America Society of Dallas/Fort Worth:

Email: jasdfw@us-japan.org