PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Lollipop 2013!

kawaiilove
04-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Who is going to this amazing convention that I have heard nothing good things about!

Its August 2nd-4th :)

Anyone else?

http://www.atomiclollipop.ca/

WARPAINTandUnicorns
04-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I've never seen the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre during the daytime so I might go this year.

If anyone is willing to map out a TCC route from Union or Dundas square that would be helpful. lol

http://crazedmonkey.com/ttcgooglemap/

Miliyah
04-03-2013, 04:18 PM
o/

hopefully i dont forget about the free breakfast this year.. it was so good the first year ;__; (err service-wise anyway)

Zoeyromanov
04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
I checked the site out, and this looks awesome! I have Anime North and Fan Expo planned and i'd love to go to this too.

mokulen22
04-03-2013, 06:52 PM
I'll be there - Plushie workshop again this year.

kawaiilove
04-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I'll be there - Plushie workshop again this year.

Everytime I go to a con I try to go to your workshops but I can never time manage very well XD
Atomic I HAVE to be there!!!

What is everyone dressing up as?

Miliyah
04-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Everytime I go to a con I try to go to your workshops but I can never time manage very well XD
Atomic I HAVE to be there!!!

What is everyone dressing up as?
I'm the same way with mokulen's workshops (actually workshops in general. OMG I NEVER ATTENDED ANY AT APOP LAST YEAR T^T)
also
holy crow i totally havent even thought about what to cosplay for apop yet...

MaiSheri
04-05-2013, 12:30 AM
I've never seen the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre during the daytime so I might go this year.

If anyone is willing to map out a TCC route from Union or Dundas square that would be helpful. lol

Not sure how to use the map you linked to, but here's written directions (it's actually pretty easy). Take the subway up the Yonge line (from either Union or Dundas stations) to Eglinton station. Then get on a #100 "Flemingdon Park" bus at the station (just follow the signs). That bus will take you right from the subway to the con by driving along Eglinton to Don Mills, then turning left, then almost immediately making a right onto Wynford Dr. I can't remember the name of the stop for the JCCC (maybe someone else knows?) but I think it's the 3rd on Wynford - just cross the street and you're there. If you're going to the hotel instead, stay on the bus a few more stops; it will make a left at lights at the end of Wynford, then pull a U-turn and head back through the intersection. You'll want the first stop on the other side of the intersection; then just walk up the driveway.

... I took the TTC to get to Ad-Astra for several years when it was in that hotel :)

RaverBob
04-06-2013, 03:15 PM
This always such an awesome little con! Started off little, but growing fast! I'm in charge of all the MLP panels and events again this year, so if anyone has any ideas, shoot them my way. I'm always open to new and fun ideas! =D

mokulen22
04-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm the same way with mokulen's workshops (actually workshops in general. OMG I NEVER ATTENDED ANY AT APOP LAST YEAR T^T)
also
holy crow i totally havent even thought about what to cosplay for apop yet...

I'm going to be at anime north as well :P

I also have not thought of a cosplay. I need to start looking!

kuko-chan
05-16-2013, 07:19 PM
I'll be there running some Homestuck programming. I'll likely be wearing a Trickster costume of sorts.

SoraTsutoni
06-03-2013, 04:46 PM
What is everyone planning to wear to this con? :)

sweet_kat22
06-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Haven't decided on costume might be Ariel her blue dress.
Maybe Enzo if I can fix up the costume.

may55
06-05-2013, 12:22 AM
This will be my first year going to APOP, but I'm totally psyched. I've only been to Anime North so I was glad to learn of it because I couldn't finish my cosplay by AN so I wanted to find another opportunity to wear it without waiting too long. I am also dragging my bf to it as well. (he's never been to a con or a carnival, we will see how he manages haha)

I will be cosplaying as Amazon Pandora from Kid Icarus: Uprising, and my boyfriend will be Magnus.

I'm also super stoked that they have workshops!!!! And cirus workshops!!!! I hope it's as super fun as it looks. If it is I will find a way to come every year. Probably won't get a hotel though.

ThatOne-Otaku
06-18-2013, 07:23 AM
This would be my first time going to Atomic Lollipop!

Though, I have a question.
On their site it doesn't list anything about large props / weaponry.
Does anyone who's attended know anything about this???

Grimmjow99
06-18-2013, 02:47 PM
i'll be celebrating my birthday there for the whole weekend :)

WhoamI34
06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
That's a epic way to celebrate your birthday. XD

siyrean
06-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Does anyone have room space for a 29 F? I just called and apparently the block is sold out and I'm supposed to be doing some panels so I'm really desperate. I can fit in such choice locations as under a desk and the inside of a closet.

WhoamI34
07-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Is anyone cosplaying from AKB0048? Apop sounds like a party of a con, and im being Yuko,

Redgameboy
07-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Does anyone have room space for a 29 F? I just called and apparently the block is sold out and I'm supposed to be doing some panels so I'm really desperate. I can fit in such choice locations as under a desk and the inside of a closet.

Oh crap, really?! and this was in June, too. Have you found space for yourself yet? I'm in the same boat regarding accommodations, so I recently asked ppl openly like you did on another AL site. I have yet to hear back. But will relay my results in case others here are like me. If I had a room, I'd open it to you. Can't have panels be cancelled. 8O

This would be my first time going to Atomic Lollipop!

Though, I have a question.
On their site it doesn't list anything about large props / weaponry.
Does anyone who's attended know anything about this???

I attended last year and there was no weapons check process as far as I could tell. Some had a few large ones but, of course, held them responsibly.

siyrean
07-19-2013, 05:20 AM
i was able to get a room but right now i'm at risk of having my roommates bail on me and leave me with the cost. I'll let you know if I have space open up cause i really don't want to screwed over with hotel costs.

piratealice
07-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Looking to attend this year but of course my friends and I left booking the hotel too late. If anyone ends up not needing a room this year please consider sending me a message and I'll take it off your hands, haha.

Redgameboy
07-21-2013, 08:42 PM
i was able to get a room but right now i'm at risk of having my roommates bail on me and leave me with the cost. I'll let you know if I have space open up cause i really don't want to screwed over with hotel costs.

OH I am 9001% down to pay. I don't know of anyone close that I could ask to join in too, but I've had ppl bail on me a few weeks before AN for stupid reasons so I know the frustration. Even if your roommates are still in, I'd be fine w/taking the floor and lowering everyone's share.

and as piratealice implied, there are plenty of others to look to. I suggest putting your hoof down and seek immediate confirmation w/your roommates, rather than have them pussyfoot til the last second and possibly bail. Giving them the freedom to confirm NEVER pays off ....unless they've been reliable for 3+ years.

Swordmaster
07-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Direct Route:
- From Union Station, take the Northbound (northeast) to Yonge.
- go down the stairs to the east-west line; head east to Broadview.
- go up the stairs to ground-level and board the route 100 bus.

* this will take you right by Wynford Dr. which you can walk up to get to the JCCC.
* you'll know you're REALLY, REALLY close once you go over the bridge that overlooks the DVP (the highway).

There is one good alternative route, but you'll need to walk a bit. For cosplayers and such, it'll be a pain, so just stick to using the 100.

(Holy crudnuggets, 1000+ posts. What did I do on this site...)

siyrean
07-23-2013, 08:46 PM
ok, well I finally confirmed at least half my friends aren't coming, meaning there's one extra bed in my room. so if anyone wants to share, i'm okay with that.

Redgameboy
07-24-2013, 11:20 AM
ok, well I finally confirmed at least half my friends aren't coming, meaning there's one extra bed in my room. so if anyone wants to share, i'm okay with that.

Alllllllllllllrighty then. :bigtu: I'll PM you w/my name & contact info. PLEASE pm me back w/answers ASAP so I can plan accordingly.

shiro_hikaru
07-29-2013, 01:35 AM
Holy heartbreak...... so much to do and still only so little time left @________@

Really hope I get enough time to check out the Harry Potter Triwizard Tournament.

Swordmaster
07-29-2013, 01:50 AM
Do your best to enjoy yourself.

lordVOMITface
07-29-2013, 02:12 AM
unfortunately not going this year, so sad ;--;

volunteered in 2011 and 12.
by far the most fun con i've been to.

Swordmaster
07-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Ack, that's a shame; it looks like it's getting better every year.

HareyuNanami
07-29-2013, 05:58 AM
Thinking about doing an Animal Crossing cosplay since it will be quick and easy owo
just not sure who and with little money/time/and wigs xD

siyrean
07-29-2013, 11:42 AM
I still haven't even thought about what I"m going to cosplay >< i wanna see the schedual before i decide things.

Swordmaster
07-29-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure the schedule was posted, or something, a bit back... or I could've really dherped and looked at a previous year's.

Uta Arashino
07-29-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm so bummed I can't make it this year! I had a blast last year and it looks like it's supposed to be even better. DJ Hodor!

MaiSheri
07-29-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm so bummed I can't make it this year! I had a blast last year and it looks like it's supposed to be even better. DJ Hodor!

Gotta admit I kinda wish I had my GoT costume ready because of DJ Hodor, even though it would be the worst possible thing to wear to APop XD
I'll get video of him for you Uta ~_^

Swordmaster
07-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Japanese exam on Friday morning of the con.

Hrrrrrrngggggghhhhhhh.

siyrean
07-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Gotta admit I kinda wish I had my GoT costume ready because of DJ Hodor, even though it would be the worst possible thing to wear to APop XD
I'll get video of him for you Uta ~_^

yeah, i've got one but it would be WAYYY too hot and constrictive. Thinking of wearing my modern character one, but it's book based and i think it'll just confuse people. And Hodor hasn't read the books, so he wouldn't get it either :P

Swordmaster
07-29-2013, 03:38 PM
I still haven't even thought about what I"m going to cosplay >< i wanna see the schedual before i decide things.

http://www.atomiclollipop.com/index.php?page=programming_schedule

I think that's it... errr... %$%^$% nevermind, that's last year's...

Now, excuse me as I go back to being overtly stoked for no reason.

shiro_hikaru
07-30-2013, 07:05 PM
https://www.facebook.com/notes/atomic-lollipop/programming-schedule-2013/618290814870338

this year's schedule.

Swordmaster
07-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Sweet, thanks man. Looks like a plan.

siyrean
07-31-2013, 11:43 AM
hmm, i guess i'll do my steampunk of friday then, maybe my new temari on sat or Sa-chan. ugh, i hate not being able to decide. ><

Swordmaster
07-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Flip a coin, let luck decide.

MaiSheri
07-31-2013, 02:18 PM
My cosplay plans (subject to change) are Avengers!Pepper Potts for Friday, Fluttershy for Saturday, and Dragonite for Sunday. With lots of sloth kigu sprinkled in at random for good measure.

@Shiro, I don't suppose there's a grid-version of the schedule available at all?

mokulen22
07-31-2013, 08:42 PM
No Cosplay for me this time around. I'm just going to do Lolita Fashion for the first time. :) I hope I don't embarrass myself (or brake any Lolita rules). I have done my homework so I think I'm good to go :P

See everyone at the Plushie Workshop!

musicalcats
08-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Friday: Konan (me), Pein (my friend) (both Naruto)
Saturday: Sailor Neptune (me), Sailor Uranus (my friend) (both Sailor Moon)
Sunday: Hello Kitty (me), Lacus Clynne (my friend, maybe)

Yavarice
08-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Various pokemons and a Pony costume, and maybe a fox kigu when appropriate - looking forward to some fun times =)

siyrean
08-02-2013, 11:53 AM
ok, looks like i'm doing steampunk fri, goth fluttershy sat, temari sun.

Swordmaster
08-02-2013, 12:25 PM
If you see a guy with blonde ends, wake me up please.

musicalcats
08-06-2013, 12:53 AM
My photos:
https://www.facebook.com/despetri/media_set?set=a.10200275144977556.1073741839.11213 30700&type=3
Feel free to tag someone or yourself ;)

MaiSheri
08-11-2013, 04:13 PM
I took almost no photos, but grabbed lots of video! Check out the final product: http://youtu.be/ayD_IeRvkxs