PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade Question!

effembee
03-15-2004, 05:39 PM
For ACen 2004, my friend and I wanted to dance to Real Emotion from FFX-2 as Lenne and Yuna. The only problem is, is that we aren't sure if this can be in the masquerade. I know, this sounds like an obvious question, that you should save it for Kareoke, but my friend was just curious.

LuckInSpades
03-16-2004, 09:30 PM
If you are in costume, then there really shouldn't be a reason why you can't. It should just be in the time limit. I see no problem with it.

effembee
03-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Yay! Someone responded! Thanks!

Kokuu
03-19-2004, 12:24 AM
There's no problem with that, though I would strongly advise staying away from doing "Real Emotion" as it's basically directly ripping it off from the game, and doesn't show a lot of creativity if you are planning on doing it for a contest. Both audience members and judges like creativity and something unique will catch their attention. But if you’re simply just "recreating" something that already exists with out any creativity, people will lose interest in your skit. Instead of dancing to "Real Emotion" how about dancing to another song that seems appropriate for their characters, that is also well known by the audience? That's my two cents.

Eleryth
03-19-2004, 01:23 AM
I would also suggest that you work very hard on choreographing, and practice practice practice. Nothing looks worse than a thrown together dance skit. There's too many of them that are sorta half-way. If you decide to do it, go all the way, and make it as good as possible. Dedicate yourselves to it.