PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2: That person who looks like Lulu

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 04:58 PM
If anyone has any information on the third chick from FFX-2, could you please share it here?

At first I thought it was Lulu, because it looks like her and it just makes sense for it to be her. Then I heard that in this game she's pregnant. Then I read on a website that according to Square she "is not Lulu, as some have speculated, but a new character altogether." (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2002/102302b.html)
Then this website: http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media6/ - refers to her as "one other unnamed female companion who fights with a sword," but goes on to say: "The cast of FFX will play a large role in the story, with Rikku and Lulu already confirmed as returning. Rikku even boasts her own new and more revealing outfit, and judging from the voice acting in the first released movie of the game, Lulu may be the third playable character." On this same site they match this translation: "1) Lulu: Yuna, High Summoner who defeated 'Sin'... Don't let that name be manipulated." (http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media6/)
with this screenshot: http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media6/view/ffx2-01.jpg

I really don't know what to think at this point. Maybe Lulu had a daughter? :confused: If you've got information or theories, please share. :)

Just found out from rpgfan.com:
New details regarding Final Fantasy X-2 have surfaced in the recent issue of V-Jump. Not only Yuna, but Rikku as well will sport a more candid outfit, compared to Final Fantasy X. So far nothing about the third character is known, except that her name is Pain. Unlike its prequel, Final Fantasy X-2 allows for characters to change their costume. The costume depends on the character's current job, which can be changed even during battles, just like equipment in FFX.

Pain, eh? >_<

katchoo
11-15-2002, 07:33 PM
Wow neat!!!

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 07:38 PM
I found another picture, but it's tiny. It sure does look like Lulu! I got it from http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/.

Gothic_Lulu
11-15-2002, 07:43 PM
Yeah.....that pic defintly does look like her.....to bad they do not have a bigger one.....I still think it is very cool that they will have a female swordsman....there are not to many of those in RPGs....

-Gothic Lulu:devil:

katchoo
11-15-2002, 07:46 PM
http://www.playonline.com/ffx2/

here's the official ffx-2 website!!! Can anyone translate it for me?

The opening flash is so pretty!

psythe
11-15-2002, 07:58 PM
Nice flash, I wish I could translate it. Think I clicked through the whole thing looking trying to find out who the third character is....guess we shall assume it is Lulu for the moment.

^^v

katchoo
11-15-2002, 08:00 PM
yeah not much on the site about riku or the third character.

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 08:07 PM
I just checked again hoping I had missed something the first few times I went through it. @_@ Apparently not. It's annoying how hush-hush they're being on this topic.

Yuna
11-15-2002, 10:03 PM
That is Lulu, haven't you guys seen the logo art?

http://yuna.gling-glo.net/ffx2_screen010.jpeg

Koumori
11-15-2002, 10:07 PM
Yes, we have seen it, but it appears that the publicity coming from Square claims that the third character is not Lulu, though she certainly resembles her and we've seen from the screenshot that SomethingLulu posted that Lulu does appear in the game.

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 10:22 PM
All the stuff I've been hearing is very confusing. Apparently the third character is named Pain and looks like Lulu, but is not Lulu. However, Lulu allegedly makes an appearance, and in that translated screenshot of Yuna, Lulu is speaking. I'm kind of taking everything with a grain of salt, so to speak, until I see some better pictures and definate information from Square. None of this "mysterious unknown woman" nonesense. lol

Alaria
11-15-2002, 11:38 PM
I'm with ya, Lulu. Well, as long as Lulu makes some sort of appearance, I'm happy :) This certainly is frustrating, though!

TyJILDown
11-16-2002, 12:25 AM
Gah I also wanna know what is going on with who is who and all! *very confused as well*

Sana-chan
11-16-2002, 10:29 AM
I really hope that "mysterious 3rd person" is Lulu. Some new person would juss be dumb @_@. And it does look like Lulu so... let's hope Square decides to release more info. Besides, she has a sword! How cool is that lol.

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 11:40 AM
Hmmm, it is possible that they're just trying to hype it up, saying "no no, it's not Lulu" and then having it in some way be her or someone close to her. Good publicity move, I guess. Create discussions like this one to draw us even deeper into the game before it even comes out lol.

Koumori
11-16-2002, 03:24 PM
She certainly looks like she might be related to Lulu. (Sister maybe?) Although clearly there's some Lulu-dialogue in the game, I would guess that she's not a playable character and that's a screen from a cut-scene where Yuna goes to get some advice from her "big sister."

Tempest_Rydia
11-17-2002, 01:31 PM
I've seen a video of X-2, which I got from Kazaa Lite, and both LuLu and Wakka appear in the game. But I'm pretty sure they just play minor roles.

Guess we'll see.

sailor-moon
11-17-2002, 02:20 PM
yunas new out fit is so cool!! i like the old one though, dont know why^.^

Usagi

Alaria
11-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Hmm, Yuna with guns is just rather strange to me....and the butt shorts, too...

Something Lulu
11-17-2002, 08:49 PM
I kinda like the guns, but the daisy dukes are a bit much.

Was Lulu in her regular outfit in the clip?

Sana-chan
11-17-2002, 10:56 PM
I saw another pic of this "mysterious person" and like a dummy I forgot to save it lol, but in the pic she had blonde hair @_@. Either that or a bright light was shining behind her. It was a really bad pic.

Oshi
11-17-2002, 11:33 PM
Well... Rikku is practically in a bikini...
http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media10/view/r1.jpg
And I was just looking at the PlayOnline site... the only one on the Characters page is Yuna so far... we'll see soon I guess

Something Lulu
11-17-2002, 11:39 PM
Sana, you'd better find that pic! How could you not think to save it for me, your dear cousin???

MarshalBanana
11-18-2002, 12:19 AM
the third character is most likely not going to be lulu for two reasons... 1. square says its not her and 2. shes pregnant... even if she has the baby by the time the gameplay actually starts, i doubt she'll be running all around spira while she has a child to look after

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 12:56 AM
Well, we know they say she's not Lulu, but it still doesn't explain who it is, because she has a remarkable resemblance to her from the few pictures we've seen so far.

Where did you hear that Lulu was pregnant? A friend of mine told me that, too, and I'm not sure how he found out.

Umi
11-18-2002, 01:28 AM
Eh she's pregnant? Ok.. time to speculate who the father is ^o^

Bell-chan
11-18-2002, 01:37 AM
I know quite a bit of people would be upset by this (sorry!), but in the international version, there's an extra ending (another story) which takes place 2 years after the normal game ends (wonder why they wouldn't put it in the U.S. version...? T_T ).

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_as_script.txt

..the link to the script completely written out for those of us who don't have the international version. and from it...It's implied that Lulu is pregnant. I'm guessing the father of Lulu's child is *gasp* Wakka, according to the translation... -_-

MarshalBanana
11-18-2002, 01:42 AM
yep, lulu and wakka are married and lulu is pregnant, this is all from the international ending, this same ending also leads into this new ffx game coming, it explains why things are happening the way they are and such... ie: yunas new clothes and all..

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 02:51 AM
Yep, I heard she's pregnant and it's Wakka's baby.

Now it's just the question of where this Pain/Pine lady came from, and why she's been invading Lulu's closet. lol Maybe since Lulu is busy being a mom she wanted someone to take her place in the FFX girls trio, and Pain is someone close to her (explaining the resemblance). *sigh* Sorry, that's the writer in me talking, creating scenarios. It's so easy to speculate on this topic.

MordSith
11-18-2002, 03:08 AM
her name is either "Pine" or "Pain" according to allrpg.com

Alaria
11-18-2002, 03:51 AM
pregnant??? Wakka's baby??? ::::almost faints:::: that's a pair I NEVER imagined would happen....oy....that's a bad way to stay close to Chappu methinks...

Choice
11-18-2002, 06:33 AM
costume changes. oh wow. :)

i wish this game had more characters though.

MordSith
11-18-2002, 01:28 PM
rumor on the wind says that there'll be a total of 8 possible characters. just a rumor so far, tho

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 02:06 PM
Eight, eh? Hmmm... I do like the aspect of changing their outfits, though. LOL I wonder what other skimpy outfits they'll have as options?

Mink
11-18-2002, 02:42 PM
*Wants to cosplay FFX-2 Riku*

MordSith
11-18-2002, 03:11 PM
could you seriously cosplay as rikku? i'd feel ... lol COLD!

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 05:52 PM
I'd feel naked! lol But yes, cold, too, I'm sure. Lulu is the warmest costume I have.

Gothic_Lulu
11-18-2002, 08:03 PM
Found the ending translation for Final Fantasy X International

http://members.atozasia.com/lionheart/games_comics/ffx/

It basically sets up the story for FFX-2

Lulu is pregnant...LOL...I want to cosplay preganant Lulu....I got the body for it XD

-Gothic Lulu:devil:

Something Lulu
11-21-2002, 01:28 AM
I found another picture that kind of shows Pain's costume a little better, and she looks to be more covered than Rikku and Yuna combined! (I put all the pics I have together in one. I posted it in another thread, but thought it might be appropriate here.)
http://www.boomspeed.com/somelulu/pain-all.jpg

She appears to have some kind of shawl or wrap that resembles Lulu's fur. There's some kind of light and dark trim along the bottom that looks like bullets in one pic lol. (Well, to me, anyway.) A series of straps (belts, maybe?) go down and around her torso, with two over each shoulder. High gloves. A choker necklace. Thigh-high somethings. Her boots look like they go up to her knees, where there's those flaps at the top (can't remember what they're called) and there's straps going around the circumference of her leg all the way up to her thigh, so maybe those are holding her stockings up. @_@ (She couldn't just get garters...? lol) Shorts that seem to cover her ass, with openings along the side (like with her "stockings"). She looks like she has something weird going on with her bangs and hair.

The outift is actually looking pretty interesting. Grrr I want them to hurry up and put out more pics!!!

TyJILDown
11-21-2002, 01:41 AM
I want to do this costume...*falls in love*

Something Lulu
11-21-2002, 01:52 AM
It's just looking better and better. I really want to find out more about the character, though.

TyJILDown
11-21-2002, 02:09 AM
Yea, I gotta agree with you. I love the character design but I don't wanna dress like someone who winds up to be a airheaded bimbo =P

Daitenshi
11-22-2002, 05:59 AM
Hmmm... it does look like she has blonde or light brown hair... maybe ^^; As for the logo... I don't think it looks like Lulu that much =/

I'm really looking forward to this new game =D The costume changes sound interesting. I'd love to cosplay the new Rikku, but I definitely want to wait until the game is released =P

Makoto
11-22-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
Yea, I gotta agree with you. I love the character design but I don't wanna dress like someone who winds up to be a airheaded bimbo =P

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for saying this!

I wish everyone would listen to this advice. Sigh.

Yuna
11-22-2002, 07:21 PM
<random>

BLAH to Wakka and Lulu! Wakka's a thick headed Neanderthal who could tell a hard-one from a door knob.

Lulu X Auron ALL the way.

Auron: Hot, quiet, strong, cold, cynical.
Lulu: Hot, strong, cold, cynical, exotic

They would have totally dance the forbidden tango if it weren't for the fact that Auron's kinda... not really alive. _

</random>

soshi
11-22-2002, 07:26 PM
woooo...... this Pain person looks neato. let's all hope her character doesn't suck...

hey... lay off the Wakka bashing.. >_> as a big Wakka fan, I object to the Wakka and Lulu hook up because I do not like Lulu XP she's cold and evil to Wakka. -____-; plus.. Chappu.. it's like.. some twisted form of incest... noooooo ><;;;;

Yuna
11-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Hahaha, it's just my opinion, don't take it to the nipple

soshi
11-22-2002, 07:32 PM
o_o; now there's an expression I haven't heard before. O___o'

Yuna
11-22-2002, 07:38 PM
there's a first for everything :p
that's what they pay me for

soshi
11-22-2002, 07:41 PM
o.o;

Adella
11-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Nessa don't include spoilers in the thread ><

Pink Bunnie
11-24-2002, 02:47 AM
I dunno...I dun really think the new character looks too much like lulu. Her hair so far appears to be much lighter as well.

And I wub you Nessa for the Auron-Lulu pairing comment XD They make *such* a better couple in mah opinion.

Medellia
11-24-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by katchoo24
http://www.playonline.com/ffx2/

here's the official ffx-2 website!!! Can anyone translate it for me?

The opening flash is so pretty!

Translation:

I thought that, perhaps, if I came here again, I'd be able to find you. This thought crossed my mind many times. I felt the eternal twilight crumbling from right beneath my feet.

Something Lulu
11-25-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Pink Bunnie
I dunno...I dun really think the new character looks too much like lulu. Her hair so far appears to be much lighter as well.

I think everyone thought it was Lulu because she has that similar wrap around her shoulders, and all the other pictures up until now didn't really show hair color too well. And all we can do is speculate until the company decides to take pity on us and provide more real information. ^_^

Tempest_Rydia
11-27-2002, 01:48 PM
Got an answer, or somewhat of an answer for you as to who Pain is. According to an article on FFOnline.com, Pain is Auron's daughter.

Oh, and yeah, LuLu and Wakka hooked up. During the whole little movie that I have, Yuna talks about the two of them getting together and having a kid. Heh, then again, she also says that her "calm" is Wakka's pudgy belly.

Alaria
11-27-2002, 03:44 PM
Auron's....daughter???
And I like Lulu and Wakka for their respective characters, but the two just don't go!! Plus it seems strange and almost cruel to the memory of Chappu..."Hmm, I loved ur brother, but he's gone, so I guess you'll do.."?

soshi
11-27-2002, 05:46 PM
Auron's DAUGHTER?

so this means the reason he refused to marry the priest's daughter is because he knocked her up? O_o

... this just seems weird. *sigh* I look forward to FFX-2 simply because I love FFX, but all these changes to characters and sticking in illegitimate children and relationships really just.. dissapoints me.

Something Lulu
11-27-2002, 08:34 PM
Hmmm...I'm not too sure how I feel about this Auron's daughter business. For some reason I'm not surprised, I guess because I thought Pain was a daughter of an FFX chara in the first place.

TyJILDown
11-27-2002, 09:01 PM
And damn, I just have no idea what to think..*will wait patiently for the truth to slowly unveil*

Sana-chan
11-27-2002, 10:12 PM
Auron's daughter??? Waaaa? Well he woulda had to have had her well b4 he went off w/ Jecht and Braska...

Something Lulu
11-27-2002, 10:18 PM
Yes, it sounds a little suspicious. *sigh* more waiting....

soshi
11-28-2002, 01:50 AM
you know what they should have done instead of made FFX-2? made a prequal about Auron. honestly, I think that would have been much more interesting. he's probably one of the most popular and interesting characters of the game.... I know *I'D* rather play a game about Auron's past than go running around looking for Tidus. =P

Akimi
11-28-2002, 06:19 PM
darn, i think it would be better if they just included Lulu as one of the playable characters. I dont care who this chick is, i still love Lulu more ;_;

Yuna
12-03-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Pink Bunnie

And I wub you Nessa for the Auron-Lulu pairing comment XD They make *such* a better couple in mah opinion.

XD i'll hold that truth in me till I die!

Anyway, you guys... Auron DOES NOT have a daughter...

Spoilers
Auron was excomunicated by the soldier monks becuase he refused to wed the leader's daughter. I DO NOT think Auron is interested in having a family. The facts speak for themselves. Not to mention.. HE"S BEEN DEAD FOR 10 YEARS!

Alaria
12-03-2002, 03:42 AM
I agree, I like Lulu more, and I think that Lulu and Auron are the best pairing personality wise....it terms of romance, I think I understand that Lulu would need someone on the softer, funnier side to complement her quiet elegance, but Wakka's way too much of a contrast....Auron might be too similar, but is still the best choice....
For a split second I contemplated that Auron's daughter might actually be Tidus' sister.. lol, Auron and Tidus' mum had a thing after Jeckt disappeared....but that's about as probable as Wakka and Lulu making a good couple ;)

Nine
12-03-2002, 06:50 AM
Yuna and Lulu pairing!! lol jk! XD (hey, it would be better than Lulu x wakka ;_; )

I really wished (and still do wish!) that the thing with Lulu and wakka is a rumour, or a miss translation. I actually find lulu and wakka getting together quite disgusting. ;_; I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe FFX-2 takes place 2 years after the extra scene in FFX-International, and now adays, it only takes 9 months to have a baby... ^^;;; *hopes she isn't pregnant... ;_; *

I'm going to be so upset if this "Pain" chick turns out to not be Lulu.. ;_; I am so mad at how they could just throw away such a great character like Lulu.

If the mysterious character happens to be some new character named "Pain" (what a lame name lol), that only really brings it to 3 playable characters... so there would still be a chance for Lulu to be a playable character. REally though, what new design would she have? The one this mysterious third character has would suit Lulu.

Something Lulu
12-03-2002, 09:42 AM
Well, they already said she's not Lulu, but I think somewhere deep in my heart I'm still hoping that they're playing with the truth on that one. But for now, according to all the information released, Pain is a new character who isn't Lulu. :(

LOL Yuna and Lulu! I think I know a number of ppl who wouldn't mind that...;)

Yuna
12-03-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Alaria
I agree, I like Lulu more, and I think that Lulu and Auron are the best pairing personality wise....it terms of romance, I think I understand that Lulu would need someone on the softer, funnier side to complement her quiet elegance, but Wakka's way too much of a contrast....Auron might be too similar, but is still the best choice....
For a split second I contemplated that Auron's daughter might actually be Tidus' sister.. lol, Auron and Tidus' mum had a thing after Jeckt disappeared....but that's about as probable as Wakka and Lulu making a good couple ;)

I read this one AWESOME fanfic with the Auron x Lulu pairing, OMG, it was so gorgeous. It took place in Zanarkand the night before Yuna was to summon the final Aeon and it's just AMAZING. I tried to find it for Aeris but I had no luck x_x But yeah, Lulu and Auron make a better couple then even Yuna and Tidus.

soshi
12-03-2002, 04:00 PM
*stabs IE* it decided to have an error and close after I typed my reply. --; rar.

anyway...

if that chick IS Auron's daughter, then *imo* there's either going to be:

a) the reason Auron refused to mary the priest's daughter is that he has a wife/lover hidden away somewhere else, and a child with that lover.

b) the reason the priest wants Auron to marry the daughter is because Auron knocks her up, but Auron is simply not into the family deal, and blows it off.

I personally think they shouldn't be hooking ANYONE up besides Yuna and Tidus ~ leave the characters as they are! >_<

I can imagine Auron being with someone like Tokio (the never seen but much feared wife of Saito in Rurouni Kenshin). you know.. he loves her, but she drives him so freakin' crazy he has to leave and go be a gaurdian. XD;;;

katrinastrife
12-09-2002, 02:58 AM
X_X All of this is very interesting...

This game DOES seem to scream "Fan Service", though, don't you all think?

Or maybe it's a challenge to cosplayers?

Something Lulu
12-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by katrinastrife
This game DOES seem to scream "Fan Service", though, don't you all think?

Or maybe it's a challenge to cosplayers?

The new outfits sure make it seem like its both

Marianne
12-10-2002, 03:27 PM
I think I'm a little confused. What was FFX-International all about? I saw the "end" but I thought that was the beginning of the game...bahh...I was going to buy that and a japanese PS2...but I think I'll just wait for FFX-2...

Nine
12-15-2002, 05:10 AM
HORRIBLE NEWS

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game121302c.htm

:(

Daitenshi
12-15-2002, 01:10 PM
*reads* ......what's the bad news?

soshi
12-15-2002, 02:27 PM
not too many Wakka/Lulu fans here, I suppose.

I'm not. Wakka deserves someone better than that cold hearted bitch. HAH!

*runs from all the Lulu fans*

Nine
12-15-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Daitenshi
*reads* ......what's the bad news?

The third play playable character isn't Lulu, it's some other idiot (Even tho square denied it being Lulu before they released the actual pictures of Pine, a lot of us still had hope.. -_-;; )

They paired Lulu and Wakka together... married.. *shudders* I hate wakka (no offence to wakka fans!) and what a disgusting way for lulu to get close to her dead lover.. marry his brother! -______-

Daitenshi
12-15-2002, 11:58 PM
Lulu isn't cold, she just very matter of fact =P
Anywho....Wakka and Lulu is an odd pairing =/

soshi
12-16-2002, 12:50 AM
I never liked Lulu all that much ~ didn't hate her, but didn't particularly like her, either.

I always thought Wakka loved Lulu as a sister because of her involvement with Chappu.. so it weirds me out majorly. >____< it's like.. some.. odd form of incest. *shudder*

Umi
12-16-2002, 01:05 AM
in some countries, if a a guy's brother dies it's considered law for said male to marry his brother's wife. It may seem weird to some people here. But then again in some countries monogamy is really strange =P

Culture lessons aside. Yeah Wakka and Lulu... er... weirdness o.O;

soshi
12-16-2002, 01:22 AM
well, how screwed up is THAT? *refrains from using rant of backwater countries still not over the 'women are objects' thing* oi..

Daitenshi
12-16-2002, 01:39 AM
... yet no one complains when a woman is allowed to take on multiple husbands.... =P

Umi
12-16-2002, 01:43 AM
soshi... what are you talking about? o.O People in the U.S. cannot get over the women as objects thing.

soshi
12-16-2002, 02:36 PM
but at least we don't have laws like that. ~_~

and.. it bothers me when women take multiple husbands, too. =P

Umi
12-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by soshi
but at least we don't have laws like that. ~_~

yeah instead we have a society in which 1 out of every 4 women is raped in their lifetime -_-

life stinks and I for one am concerned more about fixing my societies problems than messing with another one that works fine for the people living in it.

Mutsumi
01-02-2003, 06:45 PM
Well apparently Pain is "an 18 year old fighter in Rikku's Seagull sphere hunter team" as said in http://www.ffgurus.net/index.php?section=news&sa=130

*btw: the pictures may not load so just save to your computer and open*

elfinder
01-02-2003, 09:28 PM
I like Pain's outfit lol I will probably cosplay her for 2004! And to make it perfect I'll get some red contacts!

Something Lulu
01-03-2003, 01:06 PM
I was thinking about the contacts, too! So far I haven't used contacts at all (as in, never in my life have I put contacts in my eyes), but since both Paine and Tifa have red eyes, and Lulu's eyes are...some color (lol) I was thinking about it. I probably won't, though, cuz I think I'd look weird and the thought of sticking things in my eye makes me cringe.

I'm planning to cosplay Paine now for AX. I really need to start fabric hunting!

TyJILDown
01-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Gah to get perscription colored contacts will be a pain in the ass...regular perscription ones are already costly and insurance will not covered colored, wahh ;_;

Sana-chan
01-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah I was gonna do blue and green contacts for my Yuna costume, but I dunno about sticking those darned things in my eyes lol. And they are expensive. Major kudos to those that can stand contacts for cosplay.

ZiggyB
01-03-2003, 09:15 PM
I started using contacts when I did my Squall costume. I didn't think it would look right with my glasses, and my glasses would have covered the scar (and mess up the makeup for it).

To be honest, I had a heck of a time learning to put contacts in, at first it was a good 30 min per eye, with a lot of tearing up and swearing. :)

Though my optometrist said that women tend to find putting in contacts easier, since most women are used to putting on makeup near their eyes, especially stuff like eye liner.

Anyway, for now it's just normal disposable contacts, not colored. I have dark eyes, so I'm not too sure how a lighter color (like blue for squall) would even be noticiable. Though I may try it one of these days. :)