PDA

View Full Version : Our first event!

marsie
03-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Since no one else will do it. I figured I will hold it.

It will be at my Casa in Reynoldsburg. The following events will take place:

*DDR Funness
*Anime Screenings
* Oddessy Funness(a system that is older than Atari)
* Pizza and Pop Sake Tasting for those of age.
* Cosplay help and techique class (bring your latest costume or if you need help with patterns)

^_^ I am flexable about dates so please feel free to suggest. All I ask is that you bring 5-10 for the pop, pizza and assorted snacks(10 if you want Sake)

I want a date by this weekend so I can make a flyer for the Con.

This will be a great way to meet people in the area who love the same things as you!

Also remember to sign up to help with the Asian Festivle at the Franklin Conservatory! I will post stuff on this as it gets closer to the date.

Rameana
03-16-2004, 05:35 PM

Paul Soth
03-16-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm on break right now, so any time is good. Sounds fun.

marsie
03-16-2004, 09:10 PM
you can sign up at the website....OR you can also sign up at the conservatory itself

I figure 2 weeks after Colossal con? That weekend sound good?

If I can't make it to the con, is someone willing to pick up the flyers to distribute?

Plus do we want a website of our own?

Rameana
03-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Yes, I guess we want a site.

Paul Soth
03-17-2004, 02:06 AM
Looks like we've been having the same ideas. Okay, if we can get hosting taken care of, it can be set up.

Splenda
03-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Hello!

Well....I don't live in Columbus exactly (about an hour northeast near Mt.Vernon) and I don't exactly live there all the time (I only go there for school, I live near Cleveland in the summer) but I'm still interested in the Cosplay group. I'm sure I'd be able to drive down in the summer for any events...so even though I'm not exactly in the area can I still join? I've been cosplaying for four years now and have a mom full of sewing knowledge, so hopefully I'd be of some help? I don't know if I'll be able to make it to this event, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Colossalcon.

-Kim

marsie
03-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Kim- Of COURSE you can be involved! This should be more of an Ohio thing anyway.

Whenever you can help out or join in on an event, just say so!

As of hosting. I can host, but I'll have to buy a domain. We might even be able to do a community of our own. We shall see. I will have to see what domain name could work for us... ohiocosplay.com maybe?

Artzydivahuf
03-17-2004, 10:27 PM
hey, I'm also not from Columbus, I'm from Findlay, which is just about an hour and a half north, and I was wondering if I could join too? I personally host "Anime Nights" (sometimes they include Family Guy, Simpsons, or other interesting animation) here in Findlay, and after May I will be hosting them more frequently. I have only cosplayed once, but I am really pleased with the way my outfit turned out, and with the help of my mom, I know a bit about sewing. Oh, and I'm going to be at Collosalcon on Saturday! Hope to see you all there!!

Sakana Janai
~Miss Terious

Paul Soth
03-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Well, if we're taking it that far, we need to get a proper name for ourselves and figure out what our area of coverage is going to be. From there, everything else should fall into place.

marsie
03-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Ohio
OhioCosplay....

marsie
03-20-2004, 01:09 PM
I have decided that this event will take place the First weekend of April.

Please get back to me on how many plan on coming! This will be at my house. So all I ask is that you don't scare my neighbors more than I already have. ^_^

I live in Reynoldsburg, that is on the EastSide of Columbus.

If you need a crash space, there is plenty of space here. I hope that we can have a little outdoor event if weather permits.

Tell me what snacks, drinks, food etc that you'd like to have.

Theme: We Love Shoujo
This means it will be mainly shoujo with a little mix in there just for fun. I'd like to educate those who have yet to see some of the newer and obscure shoujo anime out there. If you'd like to bring some anime. Let me know and we will work it in.

Anime Showings:
Pretty Guardian SailorMoon (live action)
Kodomo no Omocha
Pretear
Love Hina (NOT SHOUJO)
Full Moon Wo Sagashite
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
Princess Tutu
Excel Saga(NOT SHOUJO)
Fruits Basket
Battle Athletess Victory

Video Games:
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame II
DDRMax2
Final Fantasy X-2
Soul Calibur II
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Sims Bustn Loose

Again feel free to bring Anime, Games, Manga, Video Game Systems.

All I ask is that you bring 5 dollars to pay for food and drinks
10 if you want sake, beer, etc.

You MUST be 21 to drink.

Feel free to bring friends, and spread the word on other forums. But in the end I MUST know the final number!
e-mail: marsie@distantrulers.com for directions etc

Paul Soth
03-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I'll bring Guilty Gear X2 and This is Otakudom.

Rameana
03-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Can we do this on Saturday the 3rd? I have an event to attend on Sunday.

Anyone into racing? If so bring your memory cards and I can bring. Tokoyo Extreme Racer Zero, Ridge Racer Revolution and Gran Turismo 2 & 3, Chocobo Racing, and Midnight Club 1 & 2. If you want Grand Theft Auto I can bring that too (even though the last two games are American made games.)

Monster Rasing? I'll bring Monster Rancher 2.

Live survivor horror? Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica.

I think that's all for now, not unless you want Sega too!! ^_^

marsie
03-20-2004, 10:29 PM
SEGA!!!!!!! *mummers something about Soul Calibur*

Bring everything!!!!!!

Moi Dix Mois
03-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Well hmmm... hopefully i will be able to attend. If not im goign to find a way to get to Colossalcon on Saturday i prolly again wont have a costume... (my first costume will prolly debut at Ohayocon5 and ill prolly be Gackt.

Rameana
03-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Come....please come!!!!!! I want to party with everyone.

.Kumo.No.Ai.
03-21-2004, 01:06 PM
I'm Moi Dix Mois' sister (hehe..) and I'm VERY much interested in all this...he tried to hide it from me >:( . I can always just hitch a ride with him (even though it may be pretty scary...) if he goes to one of these events..and if not, i'll just jump into the trunk before hand ^_^ I can't go to Colossalcon though (even though i informed my brother of it...-sigh-) because i have a concert ma-jig for choir...but he's supposed to bring me home a plushie or something :P

hope to see you cool people soon ^_^

marsie
03-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Discussion Topics for the event!

Discussion:
~Final Fantasy X-78?!? Where will this end?
Discussion on the direction of the most popular RPG series around
~Cosplay? Freaks and Geeks or Hotties and Honeys?
Want to know more about cosplay? Vet Cosplayer, and you want to spread the gospel? This is the place to get advice and tips for those who are stumped, sew-challenged or just need a place to start.
~Manga
Manga is now more widespread, we are seeing more and more in the local bookstores. Will this kill the genre or building a bigger fan base
~Killer Moves
Japanese Horror films are better then ever! Come and talk about some of the hottest movies, Battle Royale, Kill Bill, Ringu, Suicide Circle, etc

Artzydivahuf
03-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Woah dude, this sounds AWESOME! I love girlie anime, and I've been wanting to watch some Full Moon but haven't been able to find it! Woot!

Im not completely sure who will be able to come, but I'll chat it up with my friends in Findlay!

chiron_hikari
03-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Beth! *glomps* Sorry I haven't been around lately! I will so be there...complete with Blue Seed and Jubei-chan! *loves her DVD sets*

Yay for a two and half hour trip from Oakieville! Mwahahaha! Yes, Northwest Ohio sucks...but only sometimes. XD

-MJ-

marsie
03-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Okay minna the event is this weekend!

I need numbers soon!

Please PM me or e-mail me at marsie@distantrulers.com if you are coming!

Paul Soth
04-02-2004, 09:55 PM
We still on for tomorrow? Need directions and all.

Paul Soth
04-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Okay...

Do we want to try this again?

marsie
04-03-2004, 07:42 PM
I had thought no one was coming since only 2 people e-mailed me.

Yes we will...I really needed you to email me because I am not posting my home address for all of the internet to see.

-.-

I will schedual a new time and PLEASE e-mail me beforehand so i know you are coming.

Artzydivahuf
04-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Sounds good, just let me know in advance so my friends and I can make the day free! Thanks! (^^)

Paul Soth
04-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Well, I dobut too many people will be in town this weekend...

marsie
04-12-2004, 01:39 PM
First week of may?

Any takers? I am willing to host but I will need replies BEFORE the date. I will e-mail directions to you.

Hope you all can come!
Beth

Paul Soth
04-23-2004, 12:24 PM
We still on for this?

marsie
04-24-2004, 07:25 PM
I dunno. Since no one has said anything...I can have a small party. Nothing too big or anything. ^_^

I know that MJ(Chiron_Hikari) is coming down. I can get some more people. I'll start PMing everyone who said that they wanted to go, last time. I'll send out directions to those who PM me.