PDA

View Full Version : Jill Valentine RE3 outfit skirt material?

WeskerFanGirl
04-14-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm putting together a Jill Valentine cosplay (tube top and mini skirt). I'd like it to look more like the REmake's version, which is more grey than black, and I'm wondering what kind of material I should use. I went to Joann today, but couldn't quite settle on a fabric. I'm thinking about using suede cloth. Finding the right shade of grey is pretty challenging as well. Might just have to go with black. Not sure though. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Suntory_Times
04-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Not sure what fabric, but I fell a very dark navy blue with a grey strip circling the bottom would work best (Jill always wears blue). In fact if you want it like the remake you could use photos of the Jill Valentine from Resident Evil Apocalypse to help you as that skirt does seem to be based on the remake skirt. Wish I could be more help alas I cannot.

http://grizzlybomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/1-jill-valentine-by-zakuta.jpg

WeskerFanGirl
04-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Thanks for your reply. I went ahead and got black and white suede cloth. This is one of my first costume attempts (using a pattern) so I'll just have to see how it goes. Thanks!

Suntory_Times
04-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your reply. I went ahead and got black and white suede cloth. This is one of my first costume attempts (using a pattern) so I'll just have to see how it goes. Thanks!

NP, I hope it turns out well. Be sure to update the thread with your results. :)