PDA

View Full Version : Otakon 2013

BettieVonB
04-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey everyone! Do any of you plan to attend Otakon this year in Baltimore? I'd like to go and being that I enjoy the steampunk style I'd LOVE to do a steam punk version of something Japanese. The only catch is I don't really know anything about Anime or any of that. I watched Sailor Moon when I was a kid but that's about the extent of it. Can anyone recommend a smart, sexy, interesting female for me to check out? (Wow that sounds like a creeper question!)

Thanks!

Scorpion89
04-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Hey everyone! Do any of you plan to attend Otakon this year in Baltimore? I'd like to go and being that I enjoy the steampunk style I'd LOVE to do a steam punk version of something Japanese. The only catch is I don't really know anything about Anime or any of that. I watched Sailor Moon when I was a kid but that's about the extent of it. Can anyone recommend a smart, sexy, interesting female for me to check out? (Wow that sounds like a creeper question!)

Thanks!

Old School or New School stuff and yes we have a very large sie Steampunk turn out at Otakon

BettieVonB
04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm open to checking out anything! :D

Ironhill
04-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Last Exile, Steamboy, and Samuri 7 all have Steampunk elements in them.

Sophia Forrester might be a good choice. As the XO of the Silvana, she is in military uniform. But when she is recalled to the Court, she appears in elegant dresses as Princess Sophia. You could go in either direction depending on your individual tastes.

Usually, I wear my Steampunk on Sunday when the Steampunk panel is. There are always a good turnout and the outfits are awesome.

iamthelain
06-10-2013, 05:13 PM
I will be wearing my steampunk garb for at least one day at otakon and would love to go to the group photo and meetup. Has a day, time and place been picked?

bunnielove
07-09-2013, 08:37 AM
I personally love Cowboy Bebop, and I think a steampunked Julia or Faye Valentine could really give you space to let your creative juices flow, although their color schemes might conflict with any garb you already have. Also consider comic book characters, I really enjoy seeing the Batman trifecta (Harley, Catwoman, Poison Ivy). Code Geass has a beautiful aesthetic as well, although not steampunk.

IndyJones
07-11-2013, 09:17 AM
I will be wearing my steampunk garb for at least one day at otakon and would love to go to the group photo and meetup. Has a day, time and place been picked?

I didn't see anything in the Otakon forum so I made a thread for it. Feel free to chime in. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=326139