PDA

View Full Version : My D Costume

VH D.Rock
03-18-2004, 03:01 AM
This is it.. i was at Megacon 04 ... and suggestions?? i need to pull more stuff in for the breast plate.. (but it's hard to see his chest in the movie most of the time..so i dont have much to go on...) and i need different pants..and i'm working on a new hat.... everything else.... is finished

the sword isnt mine... it was some samurai dude's... but this is the best pic i have of my whole body

also i drew in the parasite on my hand

Ali
03-18-2004, 11:50 PM
I love the drawing on your hand! I'm (very gradually) working on a D costume myself, and I'll have to consider that as an option. Looks very nice.

I can't seem to make out much detail on the actual costume itself. The hat seems too small, but the shoulder armor looks very nice.

For a great reference, consider picking up the D action figure. It's one of my favorites in my little anime shrine... er... "collection"... yes. ^_^ It has a lot of detail to work from, and it's what I'm basing my costume off of.

Otherwise, nice results! VHD cosplay is always a good thing. ^^

Gren
03-19-2004, 08:37 AM
If you could get some pictures of the costume at home, it would be very nice to get a picture in really good lighting (or even outside) standing up straight, with your cape draped as far off your shoulders as you can coax it. That way, people will be able to pick out the actual details of your costume. A close up of just your bracers (forarm armor) would be very helpful too.

A D statue has been oficcially released, and while you may not wish to pay for it, you can check out places like ebay for reference pics of the statue (Personally, I think that figures and statues make the best resources in all of cosplaying)

The costume and the cloak look like they are of the same materical, and so both get lost to your eyes. I've seen a few D's to their costume in pleather and it looks very nice. If you try your local thrift shops once in a while, I'm sure that before too long they will have a pair of pleather pants in your size, and maybe a jacket or something ou can modify into a shirt (Or just but pleather and make the whole thing. That works too). You probably should cover the shoulder horns with an air drying product like model magic, to help get rid of that wrapped in electrical tape sort of look.

Mr. Lupin
06-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Get your hands on the 12 inch tall Vampire Hunter D doll released last year, but from what I see here, you've captured the essence of this cos-play, very well, i've seen a half dozen "D" cos-players yours is not bad, add a round diamond w/ blue necklace and the giant brown leather strap for his sword if you haven't already.

Nekozumi
06-21-2004, 10:39 AM
The hand is awesome. I can't really remember the exact details of D's costume from the last time I saw the movie, but I like what I see. =D

raiga
06-27-2004, 11:18 PM
very very nice. im a huge fan of D an dwhen i saw this thred i had to respond. You did a very good job with the costume but i agree with gren, you really do need some pics with better lighting so you can see the real work youve put into it, but from what ive seen so far youve done an awesome job. especially on drawing the parasite! kudos for that!

Hotaru
06-29-2004, 07:16 PM
could ya rotate so it's up right? also, as someone said, its too dark to see the details, but from what i could see, it's better than all the d's i've seen

Senko-chan
06-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Yay! Theres actually a Vampire Hunter D cosplayer! I think that it looks awesome. The drawing on your hand is also amasing...I'm not to good at drawing on my hands...I envy you. ^_^ Awesome job.

Savior Arucard
07-06-2004, 07:58 AM
I think it's good. Nice palm, by the way.