PDA

View Full Version : MacTac dinner thing ^^;; (Info!)

Mekou
03-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Shmahaha I have chosen the location of the dinner. =) I'm giving this thing it's own thread since...I'm not too sure if EVERYONE will pay attention to it in the MacTac thread. <_<;;

Anyhoo, I have chosen "HoSu Bistro" as our dining location. =D and...IT'S NOT THAT FAR! XP And is very affordable. =D Nyamiko and Scoti and tell you so. ^_^ Just the other day I bought all 3 of us dinner and each lunch was $6.00 + drinks. ^^ Of course that was lunch but I'm sure the dinner menu wouldn't be much more if more at all. They have GREAT food and they give you enough to fill you up. =D

All of these factors made me choose it. It's only a few blocks from the con and if we're chatting away with each other we'll get there in no time. =D If you're worried about it being WAY too cold then bring something warm to pull over your costume or change if you must (though it won't be fun =P) http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=fzi45.V.wikd4Cy5KzKPqMwGuIyjApGa4KLXX XCeHyERtg1uomCyOE2t6ykYdkTRTgw63Ac-&csz=Toronto&country=ca&tcsz=Toronto&tcountry=ca&terr=3011 <---- that shows the distance well will be travelling. ^^

There may be a conflict in time though. <_< Some of the people going will be participating in Cosplay Idol and so they will be unavailable to go after 4:30. o__0; So here's the question. Would you mind waiting until after cosplay Idol, or would you rather have "lunch" around 2:30, then come back (or not). ^^;; and if the people who were going in the cosplay idol thing come forward and tell me that they're not doing it anymore, then the dinner will be at 5:00pm. =D. In either case, bring snacks people! I'll bring a few so if you want some small random snack during the con come ask meh. hehe ^^;

Now onto the confirmed list. the following people have confirmed to me that they want to go. ^^

Mekou
Nyami
kenhidaka
Saffi
Kia
Ochika
Dani
Wakaba
Beatrix
+ friend ^^
Adam
Becky
Becky's bf

So that's all so far. If anyone wants to join or know someone that wants to join TELL ME BY TOMORROW @ 11AM! That's when I'll be making the phone call! O_O (I'd do it later but I'll be visiting a friend tomorrow ^^) And if you wanna back out, let me know too. ^^

Yeash, such a long post. X_X; I hope this all goes well....

dani
03-18-2004, 01:25 PM
I'd prefer dinner over lunch, but that Idol thing in the middle makes more difficult to plan some people from my group wants us to participate and I shouldn't let them down.

I tried wearing a coat over my sailor costume and it's impossible. So if weather doesn't help I'd have to slip into something more comfortable for going outdoors (don't worry, it would still be something venus-worthy). Or I might drive there. Not sure if I'll find parking closer than the MTCC anyways.
Did you ask the restaurant about a crowd crashing in with costumes and all? are they cool with that?
seeyou all really soon...
Dani

Kia
03-18-2004, 03:30 PM
I confirmed? Cool! ^_^
Anyways, I'm really hoping that I can come. The only thing that will really keep me from comming is if I get stuck with a production call at school (which will probably be for about 9pm I would think). And my only conflict during the day is that I'm suposted to be at TAC mostly for collecting Anime North Pre-Reg money. But as long as the people who were supposted to find me do so fairly soon during the day I shouldn't have anything to worry about. ^_^

Scoti
03-18-2004, 05:22 PM
So I guess that whole “picnic at the con” idea fell through? That kinda sucks it’s going to be quite a hassle moving everyone in costume to this place and I thought that creepy guy in the kitchen was staring at me too much while I was in normal clothes lol..

And hey!!! how come I’m not on the list?! I feel so unloved….

Mekou
03-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Aww sorry I Scoti I loves you <3. I just forgot to add you the the list when I spoted it. ^^ but yeah...creepy chef guy lol. ^^;;

I know it's going to be a hassle to try and move everyone....which is why I'm really scared of everyone getting mad cuz I'm going to drag them outside...;_;

*le sigh* But...I think I'm just going to go ahead and say "Dinner is a 4pm! Come or don't come!" -.-;; That way...maybe the people in the Cosplay Idol thign can still come. <_< I guess they would just have to find out thier place in line earlir or late..<__<;

I'm tempted to just cancel this planned idea and just let everyone do what they want ^^; Though..at the same time I don't want to. It's just so much of a hassle since everyone is complaining about having to walk to the restaurant. lol ^^;

nyamiko_chan
03-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Yes, I'm going..unless something evily horrible goes wrong O_O;; *hides* pweez don't find me evily horrible phenomanom..

^_^Vm I hope everyone can make it!

archangeli
03-18-2004, 09:21 PM
i'm guessing these dinner plans are for Saturday only, huh?

Mekou
03-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah they are. <_< Since most people aren't going to attend Sunday. ^^

Ochika
03-18-2004, 10:02 PM
*gnaws on mekou* ALL MUST SING ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! or face the consiquences * gets sano ready >.O*

Spatx
03-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Ohh~ I'd like to come. ^_^ If Scoti goes, I want to follow. *clings* Lol. *suddenly feels like a banana loving monkey*

I'd love to meet more people! XD. And I'll be needing dinner anyway, so this would be a good way to actually eat. Yum. ^^

dani
03-18-2004, 11:35 PM
As the current plans stand, I won't be able to join the party. I should be checking in for the idol thing by 4:30.

Maybe there will be a second wave of dinnergoers after the Idol show ends, and I should be able to join that.
Dani

Mekou
03-19-2004, 09:06 AM
I just phoned but recieved no answer. O_< So I'm going to try calling later in the day. ^^ I'm going the make the reservation for 20 people at 3pm . ^^ That way even those participating in cosplay idol may still join us. =D

Ryukka
03-19-2004, 12:26 PM
I wanna come ;x; but I don't think I can since my friend was nagging me wanting to leave EARLY T___T (but I won XD;; ) I'll try and suck her into it though >3

kenhidaka
03-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Um I got to say Mekou you have to remove Wakaba and friend. Beatrix is optional at the moment so just assume she's coming.

Mekou
03-19-2004, 09:28 PM
I made the reservation for 20 people and it's at 3pm. ^^;

My point of view right now is, people have dis-joined but at least then it gives room for other people. ^^;;

Saffi
03-21-2004, 01:22 AM
*sigh* oh well.. i missed it.. sorry guys.. was stuck at my dad's this weekend with no net access friday and saturday morning... but it was nice seeing you guys at the con!

hope you all had fun!

-saff

Ryukka
03-21-2004, 07:49 AM
XDD they got lost rofl