PDA

View Full Version : Looking for GTA cosplayers

CFitzsimmons
04-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Hello Canadian cosplayers! I have a proposal for GTA folks, particularly anyone who happens to have generic medieval-era costumes - i.e. not from an existing series.

Here's the gist of it: I am a local author trying to put together some live action trailers for my upcoming books. The first book, scheduled for release this fall, is the first in an epic fantasy trilogy. I have a director, an editor, and a composer, and the director's getting his hands on other necessary things such as equipment and sets.

What I need is costumes, and possibly actors. I've tried contacting a couple other outlets - such as attempting to get hold of the local branch of the SCA - to no avail, so I'm turning to the cosplay community because I know there's some seriously talented sew-ers... costumers... tailors? out there. (Obviously I'm sewing-challenged myself.) The costumes need to be original. It's a standard medieval Europe type setting, possibly some other assorted costumes needed as well, though I'll know more for certain what we're looking for when I get the storyboards from my director.

Anyway, if anyone out there can help me out, I would really appreciate it! Please let me know and I'd be happy to give more details. If you can loan out some costumes - or yourself in them! - for a day or two shoot, please e-mail me at Jinx@side7.com. I'm hoping to be able to shoot sometime in the next couple months, but again, that's more up to the crew than me.

Thanks for reading!

Alice MacLeod
05-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Medieval and Victorian is my thing but I left the SCA years ago due to the historical Nazis taking it over. I am not saying they are all like that though but it only takes one to ruin it for all. I wish I could help you but i have only been in Toronto for about a year. I was with the Labrador Living History Group which is now defunct once SCA killed it. I have my Living History 1348 Apothecary outfit for telling the story of the black pestilence but its in bad shape now. It was all hand made 10+ years ago so its going to fall apart eventually and my sewing skills are not what they use to be. Mostly now I am Neo-Victorian Gothic or my traditional Victorian Alice styles.