PDA

View Full Version : Rules!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
11-16-2002, 01:23 PM
What are the weapon rules for animazment? I wanted to have a sword that is sort of real, but not that sharp....:bouncer:

Himemiya
11-17-2002, 04:12 PM
I dont know the rules, but I do know they have sword-dealers in the dealers room every year O.o

Lovelyangel_81
11-20-2002, 01:12 PM
you could e-mail them about the their weapon rules? I check their website and didn't see anything about it. So e-mail them and see what they say. ^__^

Doc Stampede
11-20-2002, 01:32 PM
I don't know what animazement's rules are, but just remember, Murphy lurks out there waiting for all.... Check directly with them when in doubt, and remember that metal is usually frowned upon at most cons. (Even if the con dealers room sells weapons, that doesn't mean you can walk around with em.. Again, every con is different tho.)

Just a point. Cosplay stages I've found are wildly varied, and often improvised.. There's alot to be said for keeping things safe and simple.

Its a bad day if you ever hear "Well, its sorta a weapon, but I only sorta caused some injury to myself and others when I missed my cue.."

----

Of course, that being said, AZ might be pretty forgiving.. They let my skit walk on, four guys wearing glasses that blocked out one eye and reduced visibility in the other eye to 20% due to sunglasses, with stage lights COMPLETELY turned off. We were totally blind walking on stage. But, they let us do it. that's the kind of thing that other cons would have screamed bloody murder about.

Doc

Ranma Saotome
02-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Just remember, as long it's peace-knotted, no one will have a problem.