PDA

View Full Version : Jpop @ Anime North

Nagii
03-18-2004, 09:53 PM
I know this sounds wacko on a Anime convention forum but my friend Kel is wondeirng if they sell Jpop stuff in the dealers room.

Zero_1369
03-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Ya, I was wonderin' about that too, so do they?

nyamiko_chan
03-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Like CDs and stuff, last year I'm pretty sure they did because even Kikkiwai's booth at CNA had some stuff.

Take a good look around and don't be afraid to haggle stuff down in price ^_^ but Sundays are always best for that..O_o I think ^^;

archangeli
03-18-2004, 10:23 PM
they do carry jpop cds at the AN dealers room - you just need to hunt around and bargain with them (nicely ^__^)

i remember seeing someone opening an Ayu cd last year after coming out of the dealer room - so it's safe to assume she bought it in there :)

also, AN has a pretty strict policy about knock-offs so you're likely to have to pay a little more because they are real! :dance:

you can always go to other stores in Richmond Hill if you want the knockoffs, but i prefer the real deal.

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
03-19-2004, 02:28 AM
we should have nuriko teaching use how to dance kaaka

Minakolabelle
03-19-2004, 04:54 AM
There was one booth I know selling jpop stuff (the "hardest" they went was L'arc en Ciel) that was official and brand new for decent prices. Decent pricing meaning any where from $35-50 canadian for a single cd and $50+ for cd sets like they *should* be priced. I just forget the name of that company ^^; But I did get teh english version of Hyde's first solo cd from them for $35 so I was happy sence it's sold out on cdjapan :(

Avoid nippon anime complex like the black plague. Sure their offering you cds for $30 a piece and are willing to make "deals" but all the cds are USED. Why should I pay them $60 for ARK and RAY 2nd presses in horrid condition when I bought 1st presses both used for $20 total off ebay? Any cds you buy from them are just giving them a $20+ profit sence they probally bought them for less then $10.

Basicly when you look at any cds do the logo check. If there is a Ho Son or Ever Anime logo, their cheep bootlegs. I constantly buy jrock stuff off of cdjapn so I know the prices of music related stuffs. Cds should be in the $35-50 canadian unless their singles; singles are normally $12-15 and dvds (most of which *are* region 2 so don't forget to check for that too when you look at them) shouldn't be any cheeper then $60.

if you want an idea of what to spend on cds/dvds please visit cdjapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp) or HMV japan (http://www.hmv.co.jp ) (look on the very bottom left corner for the link to english part of their site) sence both sites have english versions. If you want a curancy converter the best one is here (http://www.xe.com )

hope that helps :D

nuriko001
03-19-2004, 03:10 PM
well... it really depends on the store if they'll carry the merchandise.. from what i remembered.. no.. animenorth does not have much j-pop or rock for that matter. you should probably order from japanese resources hehhee.. than anything else.. if you want specifics.

teheh.. me teach dance.. HAHA only for maki..

but if you want j-pop i heard them american cons got uddles.. lucky buggers.

also.. when you say strict policy on counterfiet.. *)% of the cds in that room are counterfiet.. sonman.. all those brands.. if you want real cd's they'll cost you in the 30-50 range... anything thats 10 bucks.. is usually fake..

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
03-19-2004, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=nuriko001]

teheh.. me teach dance.. HAHA only for maki..

QUOTE]

Weeeeeeeeee~~~~ heehe

Squall1882
03-22-2004, 09:57 PM
If you really want Jpop then it's best to get it off the web, unless you have a Japanese store near you in the area (J-town, Pacific Mall.. etc.). On the web you can get the most current CD's. The one's I have seen at the conventions are all older, and for the most part not up to date. For buying CD's on the web I would suggest YesAsia.com, they have never let me down in the past!! Nihongo ongaku wa totemo ii desu ne! Lol..

Genki de!

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-16-2004, 01:18 AM
*big happy smile* they have J-pop too? *jumps up and down* yay! I'm going to bother my brother to buy me that too!