PDA

View Full Version : cosplay ON ICE!!

shin kurenai
03-19-2004, 07:08 AM
does anyone else like ice skating? or does anyone want me to try and teach them how to ice skate?

i have to go buy a new pair of hockey skates, but near akon is the plaza of americas which has an ice rink~

i love ice skating!

and cosplay!!!

^_____^

ZakuKitty
03-19-2004, 09:25 AM
I like ice skating too but some of my cosplay might look quite odd skating around..but maybe that's the point. XD

Digital Blush
03-19-2004, 11:51 PM
oh i've always wanted to learn how to ice skate but i cant even skate XD. if i go i would go in my sasuke costume and fall in style! film it too so i could make a animated icon of me falling on my ass as sasuke. =P

lei
03-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, this is kinda related, but totally opposite- Anyway, I noticed alot of cons have cosplay swimsuits activies by the hotels pool. I thought that since the Adams Mark has a pool (a few I think) it would be a fun thing to do. I was gonna post it on the Akon message board to see if they could make it an "official activity" to get more people involved, but for some reason it wont let me post. I've seen lots of people with really cute anime swimsuites like Asuka's red and white striped suit and a the DOA suits.

Ryo-sama
03-23-2004, 09:36 AM
COSPLAY ON ICE! i like it...omg! we should go ice skating! i'd hafta find my skates... but that would be so awesome...

shin kurenai
03-23-2004, 10:46 AM
im so ice skating

and no one can stop me!!

maybe right after the egl picnic?

Pink Bunnie
03-24-2004, 06:31 AM
i always thought sailor moon costumes would look good on ice. since they're alreadie rather very simular to typical ice skating outfits.

krystal1314
03-24-2004, 12:25 PM
I used to ice skate competitively... Wouldn't it be hard tho, cosplaying while doing all those spins and jumps? I mean, my costumes for competitions were made as simple as possible so I wouldn't get tangled in them :thumbsup: LoL

Space Invader
03-24-2004, 05:20 PM
*waves hand* I think I'll go... if I don't skate on my Terra cape and break all the beads and leave blade tracks on it (lol). Take cape OFF for skating. Yes.

What's really fun (me and my friends would do this), as you skate around gather up the ice shavings on the sides of the rink... and them BLAM! Instant pseudo-snowball fight! Heh heh.

accelagirl
04-08-2004, 02:40 AM
SHIN K~~~! I'LL GO~~~!

i'd just have to freeze my butt off in a Huntress outfit... i'd do Hinata but i think i'd skate pretty badly with the contacts in..... and O-Ren's kimono is out of the question (i don't even want to think about skating in a kimono)

KawaiiNeko85
04-09-2004, 07:20 AM
What an idea! There should be a traveling show! That would be so fun. I am going to A-Kon too,. I think it's be fun to skate around in my Kagome costume. I am actually considering a Sailor Mars costume, so if I end up making it I think I'll skate in it. I am not very good, but I rarely fall on my butt, so it should be fun ^_^ Do we have to bring our own skates?

nyaraka
04-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun... Only if they have skate rentals. ^^; I don't own a pair of skates.. And it might be just a bit hard to skate in a swordy costume, but I'll live..XD

Digital Blush
04-10-2004, 09:50 PM
yeah do they have a skate rental? i've never ice skated before =( i'll be in my sasuke or hinata costume XD

Umino Lee
04-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Heck ya I'll do that! ^.^ Hmmm... a Lee or a Gai ice skating... O.o

ZakuKitty
04-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Both would be hilarious, Lee. XDD

Miyu
04-16-2004, 03:40 AM
I figure skated competitively for 9 years. i was junior level (1 level below senior, which is the highest test level) and i competed at junior nationals. please please please don't bastardsize the ice by bringing cosplaying into the figure skating world. that would make me cry. @_@ rofl.

ZakuKitty
04-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Too bad. It's more fun when you cosplay anyways. :P Not like those figure skating outfits. x_x Tights=no. :waaaah:

kelldar
04-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Man I was so psyched when I found out there was an ice skating rink... I'm definitely skating (tho not in cosplay, I'd be too cold), but probably (hopefully if it's open) on sunday before I leave, because otherwise I'd be SORE for the rest of the con XD

shin kurenai
04-21-2004, 12:14 PM
figure skating isnt what i have planned

just skating around and having fun ;D

ive never done figure skating but i've been around figure skaters a lot at the ice rink when i used to play hockey. so i dont think anyone is gonna be TRYING to do figure skating unless they know what they're doing :D

or playing hockey XD

Impishremorse
04-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Count me in ? does anyone happen to use aim or msn this is my first convention and im completely lost sn : impishremrose

ZakuKitty
04-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Can't wait to go ice skating. Never did it in a costume before. :love:

AoKoneko
04-21-2004, 05:29 PM
*jumps hugs Shin*
OMGOSH I love ur idea.
^^. I'm so gonna try and make it.
I wonder if I should either wear my LeeLoo costume, EGL ball gown, or my anthy costume....?...
I hope it doesn't matter that I don't know truly very well how to skate. >.< Ack I know I'm gonna fall as soon as I **hit** the ice. I'm starting to wish I had paid more attention to my ""brother"" when be played his Hockey games. ;_;
(lols I don't even know how to stop on roller blades only how to run in2 a tree, car, or the ground.) ~@_@~
So this is after the EGL gathering @ a-kon? PERFECT!

~Asia K~
"My body is my canvas and the fabric is my paint"
"Kesshite nai ataeru ue"

AoKoneko
04-21-2004, 06:00 PM
me toooooo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Count me in ? does anyone happen to use aim or msn this is my first convention and im completely lost sn : impishremrose

Impishremorse.....Hay how are you...I saw ur poste...if u dont have any1 to hang out with u can stay with my group if u want? (we still have room in or girls hotel room)

Heres me AOL IM KMKMiyokoneko@aol.com

Take care *waves*

~Asia~

AoKoneko
05-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Does any1 know what time the COI will be?

Tys
~AK~

Cherry
05-18-2004, 05:21 PM
im so ice skating

and no one can stop me!!

maybe right after the egl picnic?

I'll go ice skating with you, sweetheart!

shin kurenai
05-19-2004, 02:42 AM
i'm not sure what time people would like to do this, but i think a time should be planned

suggestions? nothing too late..the plaza has to be open....

Shinja
05-19-2004, 03:42 AM
Count me in!

I've not ice skated in a few years but i bet after a few embarrassing falls i'll get the hang of it again :D

As for a Time i'd suggest a time right around lunch. Skating can make you Hungery :burger:

accelagirl
05-19-2004, 01:56 PM
shinkshinkshink!!! i'll go i'll go~!!! i'll probably go in my Merchant outfit (WARMEST!), but Hinata might be more comfortable.... and no way I'm going in O-Ren kimono, that's just asking for cold-icy-butt-pain :O

AoKoneko
05-19-2004, 07:46 PM
i'm not sure what time people would like to do this, but i think a time should be planned

suggestions? nothing too late..the plaza has to be open....

Hay I think it should either be on Thurs or Sun.
That way people will be able to make it and we can have it almost any time.
What about for time around midday?

Its just Sat is going to be JAM packed with filled day's' of cosplaying, EGL Picnic, EGL fashion show, the concerts, the dance ETC.

^^ what do u think?

~Aisa K~

ZakuKitty
05-19-2004, 11:14 PM
As long as it is somewhat later in the afternoon on Thursday, I think I can do it. ^^ If it is on Thursday then I guess I can wear Zaku. ^__^

kelldar
05-20-2004, 08:21 AM
ooh! I may go be going thursday. XD

kirineko
05-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Haha. This was brought up to the Plaza of the Americas people.

Ice skating in costume is FINE, however, please keep in mind what costume you are skating in. They won't allow anything extreme or protruding on the ice, for safety's sake.

Also, they are typically closed on the weekends. (at least the food is) but A-kon is trying desperately to convince them otherwise.

Asmaria
05-21-2004, 08:23 AM
*gasp!* Closed on weekends? ;.; I am so going on Thursday. Now to wear Ami or Asmaria? @_@ Both are fairly 'normal' as far as clothes shape goes.

kelldar
05-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Hee if I go on thurs, I'll be wearing Hermione (minus the cloak and scarf, of course :)

AoKoneko
05-21-2004, 07:14 PM
^^ *smiles* I had a feeling about this. Knew Thurs or Sun would be perfect.
I'll be either going as LeeLoo, Sailor star fighter, or in my EGL costume. (i know i cant reck those if i fall which i know i will lols.)

TogabitoIon
05-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Actually, should I remember correctly, the Plaza de Americas ITSELF is not entirely closed on the weekends. My dad and I used to go there for brunch after early church services, since we go to worship in downtown Dallas. The ice rink is open for private lessons on Sunday mornings and early afternoons, but there's a free skate from 2-4:30. Also, the plaza is open on Saturday as well. I'm just figuring I'll add this in during the conversations on it and such. I'd love to join (even if I don't chat on the board a lot. ^_^;;;), but I don't think I'll be about on Thursday, because I'm helping pick people up at the airport and whatnot.

For more information of the Americas Ice Garden (the rink in the Plaza de Americas), you can go this site: http://www.icesk8aig.com/

Merle-kun
05-31-2004, 03:40 PM
lol I love this idea, I only wish I'd be there early enough on Thursday to come with... but as it stands I'll be in sometime late on Thursday, not even sure when right now... I wanted to see Kotobuki Ran on ice ;_; Knowing my luck I'd fall and break my bum though, hehe...

KawaiiNeko85
06-01-2004, 09:27 AM
I won't even be arriving till Friday... I'd really like to go skating though. Is there a group intersted in going on Sunday if it is open? I'd probably wear Sailor Iron Mouse, minus the tail and wig. But it sounds like so much fun.

Anakha
06-01-2004, 02:13 PM
I could be a skating Spike, or a falling one *Osaka face*

Cherry
06-01-2004, 11:01 PM
So what time is the thursday group meeting there?

nyaraka
06-02-2004, 09:30 PM
I, too, am arriving on Friday..T0T

Like Kawaiineko said, anybody want to go skating on Sunday, perhaps?

Merle-kun
06-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Hmmm... sunday is tempting, depends on how many is going and what my ride says =3

RuthlessJS
06-09-2004, 12:28 AM
For those cosplayers who did do the cosplay on Ice I was able to take a few snapshots. They are of poor quality but are okay.

Check out my akon photos on my website.
http://cosplay.digitalcelsius.com

baku_neko
06-09-2004, 12:29 PM
My little Naruto group went ice skating on saturaday. It was fun. ^_^