PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to group cosplay Full Metal Alchemist?

Flippy
03-19-2004, 11:17 PM
I know that FMA is a new series and it's not full exposed yet but in my opinion it's a great series....I was considering doing Winry from Full Metal Alchemist.....if you've never seen the series at least watch it, your doing your self a favor. If you know about FMA or just want think about group cosplaying it that would be great :D.......just add your thoughts to the thread and let me know... :chatah:

Catboi Blues
03-20-2004, 08:21 AM
I plan on having my Ed ready by AB, automail and all. Also I'll have my State Alchemist uniform with me.

Flippy
03-20-2004, 09:42 AM
wow....someone actual answered my plea....yeah.....this makes my morning!!!!!!......thank you Catboi Bluescat.......I hope that other cosplay members are also interested in group cosplaying FMA.....even if we have double characters that is 100% okay.....the more FMA cosplayers the better.

RX 03
03-20-2004, 10:59 AM
I'll be there as Ed, with maybe a mini-Al.

I think Oshi will be coming as Roy aswell.

Flippy
03-20-2004, 03:24 PM
I'll be there as Ed, with maybe a mini-Al.

I think Oshi will be coming as Roy aswell.

Thanks........I'm so happy that you guys came come to Animeboston :jjacks: ....I'm so happy people want to group cosplay FMA!

EvilMoogleQueen
03-20-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm planning on doing a really quick Winry. Its going to be pretty ghetto... but whatever. I wanted to show my FMA love... but I don't have to much time. So forget those god damn purple pants of doom... I'm sticking to khakis or sweat pants :p

Hikaru_Ayanami
03-20-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm planning on doing a really quick Winry. Its going to be pretty ghetto... but whatever. I wanted to show my FMA love... but I don't have to much time. So forget those god damn purple pants of doom... I'm sticking to khakis or sweat pants :p

Are u people going to AX? if so i already have a group of people going but we are going all as State Alchemist meaning we will just be wearing the unifrom. Just wanted to say that. Any way cool u cosplay from FMA but i dont like copying other people that one reason why im not doing and AL or ED dont get me wroing i still like them :skidude2:

Flippy
03-20-2004, 07:52 PM
EvilMoogleQueen....I'll pm the other people that have said that they are interested closer to the con and ask what day they were going to cosplay a FMA character and work it out from there....and don't worry my Winry is bootleg at the moment...hehe....I need a wig.

Hikaru_Ayanami.....State Alchemists still fit the genre of FMA....so you can be apart of the group...if not just take some pictures if you want....just a few minutes wouldn't hurt.

EvilMoogleQueen
03-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Are u people going to AX? if so i already have a group of people going but we are going all as State Alchemist meaning we will just be wearing the unifrom. Just wanted to say that. Any way cool u cosplay from FMA but i dont like copying other people that one reason why im not doing and AL or ED dont get me wroing i still like them :skidude2:

I'm not going to AX...sorry... but I'll probably be at otakon.

I don't mind if there are a lot of FMA cosplayers... actually that is a good thing. FMA needs more recognition. ^^

Sami
03-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Yay, I will be Ed at AnimeBoston! ^____^ FMA is the best, I love this series.. we must spread the FMA goodness!! XD XD

Flippy
03-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah FMA is all good...well expect for the whole killing of Nina..that was harsh...but forget about that for now....and welcome aboard Sami.

Avatrix
03-22-2004, 09:33 AM
I only discovered FMA while in Japan a couple of weeks ago, so I won't make it... but I am planning to put together a State Alchemist for the future. Debating between doing Hughes, because no one else will probably do him, and I'd have so much fun running up to people and insisting they agree with me that 3-year old in the picture is so adorable! ^_^

Also, I know of a friend who will be doing a Winry at some point--not sure which day though.

Flippy
03-22-2004, 07:01 PM
I only discovered FMA while in Japan a couple of weeks ago, so I won't make it... but I am planning to put together a State Alchemist for the future. Debating between doing Hughes, because no one else will probably do him, and I'd have so much fun running up to people and insisting they agree with me that 3-year old in the picture is so adorable! ^_^

Also, I know of a friend who will be doing a Winry at some point--not sure which day though.

Sounds like a funny idea....it's a great running koke for the series...and i'm happy that hughes does it...it shows that not every state alchemist has to be so serious all the time.

Anyway is EvilMoogleQueen the friend that was going to do Winry? If so she has already responed....thanks for the info Avatrix :chatah:

Flippy
03-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Okay from what I found out on the AnimeBoston website is that they have a Clubhouse where group can schedule a time period and a room to meet a group. I can see how that can be helpful since the con will be very crowded and it could be a pain in the ass to main floor. This way everyone will be able to find every one else interested in FMA group cosplaying....and it might be a little calmer/ less noisy in the room where they have the clubhouse, this why we could all talk.

http://www.animeboston.com/events/c.../sched.shtml#cc

Does anyone think that is a good idea? If so then I have to submit a request for a time slot and the room. If the majority of you just want to meet up at the main area or some landmark and take a batch of pictures that's fine with at least me.

If you guys read this post then please write your opinion about if we should have a clubhouse spot or not. And if so what time is the best for you?
Thank you guys again!

PS...I also went on to a number of other anime/cosplay related site's forums and invited the cosplayers there to join the FMA group if there were going to AnimeBoston...and so far I've recieved some offers by doing that.

RX 03
03-22-2004, 07:33 PM
I think the clubhouse might be nice to talk, but we should try to meet on the main floor to get picture's taken as a group. ^_^;;

Avatrix
03-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Sounds like a funny idea....it's a great running koke for the series...and i'm happy that hughes does it...it shows that not every state alchemist has to be so serious all the time.

Anyway is EvilMoogleQueen the friend that was going to do Winry? If so she has already responed....thanks for the info Avatrix :chatah:

Nope, I haven't seen this friend on cosplay.com actually. I did just see her photos from AE7. Her Ed might be coming to AB, though I'm not sure about the group's Lust. Hopefully by Otakon we'll have a crew.

Flippy
03-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the feed back about meeting on the main floor and having a clubhouse spot....although i have a feeling that if we meet on the main floor and then have to go to the 4th floor where the clubhouse is that someone is going to get lost or something. Then again the main floor might work...I've never been to Animeboston so I'm not sure how it is set up....it might work out better on the main floor rather than clubhouse since everone will be there already and didn't have to go serching for some room. Although i still have feeling that the club house will be quieter and we could just take pics up there. ....ah I'm so confused....but that's all of my feeling about the meeting for now.

Wait I was wrong.....one more thing...here are the people that have replied/thought so far of being in the group:
Catboi Blues
RX 03
Oshi
EvilMoogleQueen
Hikaru_Ayanami and his group of state alchemists
Sami
Avatrix and unnamed friend
and Alichan from the AnimeBoston forums
....so that makes roughly 12 people including me....so many people...it's so great!!

Oshi
03-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah, like RX03 said, I'll be bringing Roy (or a generic State Alchemist, depends if I can get a wig or not...)

Flippy
03-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks Oshi for give an more difinative answer...:japan:
If you can think of what time/day you want to go that would be great also.

Flippy
03-25-2004, 07:53 PM
So does anybody else know what time/day they want to might want to meet....I need to ask for a time slot before it is to late.....just give a round about time/day...even that would help.

Flippy
03-29-2004, 09:15 PM
I turns out that my normal life schedule conficts with my cosplay one. I have to do visit a college that weekend since everything got switched around for me. There is no way for me to Boston after the college meeting and that means that I can't make it to AnimeBoston :lost: :sulk: :blubber:...
.....however I feel really bad that I helped form a FMA cosplay group and I'm not going to be there. I'll still help out as much as I can with the FMA get together though....like for example should there be a clubhouse time spot for it and if so, when?

EvilMoogleQueen
03-30-2004, 03:39 PM
I turns out that my normal life schedule conficts with my cosplay one. I have to do visit a college that weekend since everything got switched around for me. There is no way for me to Boston after the college meeting and that means that I can't make it to AnimeBoston :lost: :sulk: :blubber:...
.....however I feel really bad that I helped form a FMA cosplay group and I'm not going to be there. I'll still help out as much as I can with the FMA get together though....like for example should there be a clubhouse time spot for it and if so, when?

Aw that sucks! We will miss you...

I think the photoshoot will still happen. There are enough people here want it to happen.

I don't think there needs to be a clubhouse spot... though it depends on how many people are going to show up. If its only a handful of people, we can always meet in the loby and hang out there.

Kiarrens
04-04-2004, 02:33 PM
I'll be cosplaying Edward, only I didn't have enough money to buy the wig... Thankfully my hair is blond right now (dyed for my Trigun skit) but it's short... oh well *shrugs* whatever works, right? ^_^ I'll be looking for you guys, hopefully I'll be able to make it to the photoshoot if it doesn't conflict with my panels. ^_^

Flippy
04-04-2004, 07:37 PM
^Having the right hair color help a hell of alot...Welcome to the FMA group!!!

EvilMoogleQueen~ I'll miss you guys too :blubber:...I wish I was going....I think I'll wear my Winry costume at AnimeNext.....
Anyway so I will not sign up for a clubhouse spot. How ever I the FMA group is going to meet everyone needs to figure out a time to meet, since some people are not going to be in the same costume all day long....so any ideas???? How about some time Saturday afternoon?????

Everyone that has shown interest in being in the group thus far:
Catboi Blues
RX 03
Oshi
EvilMoogleQueen
Hikaru_Ayanami and his group of State Alchemists
Sami
Kiarrens
....so that makes roughly 12

Avatrix
04-05-2004, 11:28 AM
^Having the right hair color help a hell of alot...Welcome to the FMA group!!!

EvilMoogleQueen~ I'll miss you guys too :blubber:...I wish I was going....I think I'll wear my Winry costume at AnimeNext.....
Anyway so I will not sign up for a clubhouse spot. How ever I the FMA group is going to meet everyone needs to figure out a time to meet, since some people are not going to be in the same costume all day long....so any ideas???? How about some time Saturday afternoon?????

Everyone that has shown interest in being in the group thus far:
Catboi Blues
RX 03
Oshi
EvilMoogleQueen
Hikaru_Ayanami and his group of State Alchemists
Sami
Kiarrens
....so that makes roughly 12

Flippy, I thought I PM'd you, but I guess you didn't get it. I don't have an FMA costume, I was just saying that I'd like to make one for a future convention. And my "unnamed friend" is in fact Alichan. Sorry, but I guess that drops you to 10...

Flippy
04-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Avatrix: My PM had a bug and it just got fixed, never got the PM...but I'll still send you any info that is involved with the group so if you want to meet up and take pics or something...or just check the thread for up dates

Okay everybody when I get home later I'm going to send private messages to every body (about 10 peolpe now) that said they were interested in the group; just to clarifly some stuff....so yeah.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Saturday sounds good (just incase people get to the con late on friday)

but what time? somehing that doesn't conflict with other photoshoots...

Kiarrens
04-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Saturday sounds good (just incase people get to the con late on friday)

but what time? somehing that doesn't conflict with other photoshoots...

I think at this point it'd be pretty impossible not to conflict with other groups... There are quite a few. I think I'll be wearing my Ed costume most of the day on Friday, since it's pretty easy to move around in and is comfortable, as opposed to my other costumes, and I'd like something comfortable for the drive down to Boston. ^^ Plus it'll be funny to see Edward-kun as a panelist for the AMV 101 panel ~_^

RX 03
04-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Sat sounds fine. Early satutday would be best for me...

EvilMoogleQueen
04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Sat sounds fine. Early satutday would be best for me...

but not too early ^^
We can have a formal meeting on saturday, but I think a lot of us will just hang out before that.

I finished my Winry costume and its not quite as ghetto as I thought it was going to be...heh...

RX 03
04-06-2004, 08:08 PM
but not too early ^^
We can have a formal meeting on saturday, but I think a lot of us will just hang out before that.

I finished my Winry costume and its not quite as ghetto as I thought it was going to be...heh...

By early I mean 11 AM, 12.. But yeah, well probably be hanging out already. XD;;

Sami
04-06-2004, 09:56 PM
I will be in Ed mostly Friday, but I may wear him Saturday afternoon too. :) I'll look for other FMA peoples!

EvilMoogleQueen
04-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Ok so how about saturday at 12 in the main loby?

RX 03
04-08-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm heading out now from NY, and so I won't be able to check this thread.. I'll be hanging out with EMQ so if any new info is created, let me know. ^_^

EvilMoogleQueen
04-08-2004, 02:28 PM
I really want this photoshoot/gathering to work... but its seems that people have stoped checking this thread.

Saturday at 12 seems to be a good time. I don't know if its worth anything now, but I'll ask for it to be added to the main list of photoshoots.

Flippy
04-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey sorry I didn't send a follow up e-mail, I've been away from my comp since Tuesday night :blubber:. Hope you guys met yesterday even with being slightly confused about where and when everyone was going to meet. Everyones pictures better kick ass!!!!

Kiarrens
04-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Three Eds, a Winry, and a Roy... Not bad! ^^
(And there was another Ed wandering around, saw her at the cosplay.com clubhouse, but I guess she either didn't know or couldn't make it to the photoshoot... :()
Roy and I drew an alchemists' circle outside the hotel in chalk and got pics with that too, I've already got a couple up on cosplay.com but none of the group shots yet. Soon! ^^

Sami
04-12-2004, 07:07 AM
(And there was another Ed wandering around, saw her at the cosplay.com clubhouse, but I guess she either didn't know or couldn't make it to the photoshoot... :()

That was meeeee! *raises hand* ^__^ I knew about the shoot, but I had plans to be in another costume at that time.. ;___; I wish I could have made it!

EvilMoogleQueen
04-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Roy and I drew an alchemists' circle outside the hotel in chalk and got pics with that too, I've already got a couple up on cosplay.com but none of the group shots yet. Soon! ^^

I'll try to get my pics online soon... but I only got a few. I deffinately want to see everyones pics ^^
(BTW I was the Winry)

Kiarrens
04-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Yay Winry! ^^ Otakon's gonna rock! ~_^ "Al" and I are already in the planning stages... *evil laughter*
Do you know if otakon uses live mics, or will we have to have the skit pre-recorded?

EvilMoogleQueen
04-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Yay Winry! ^^ Otakon's gonna rock! ~_^ "Al" and I are already in the planning stages... *evil laughter*
Do you know if otakon uses live mics, or will we have to have the skit pre-recorded?

I don't know, but I hope its mics. I'm not fond of prerecorded skits. Its too hard to get the timing right. And most of the time you just can't understand what anyone is saying...

Winry
04-12-2004, 03:09 PM

I was the brown hair Ed n_n v. My hair is too dark to dye it unprofessionally(it would have came out orange-ish colored n_n;; ). I may get a wig for Otakon and the coat will have the slit in the back(it didn't at Anime Boston 'cause I completely forget about it). I'm still not sure if I'll be going to Otakon yet, but I really, really hope I get to go.

Kiarrens
04-12-2004, 03:17 PM
I don't know, but I hope its mics. I'm not fond of prerecorded skits. Its too hard to get the timing right. And most of the time you just can't understand what anyone is saying...

I just posted in the Otakon forums, should we start our own thread, do you think? I don't know how many more people we'll need. Is your Roy friend going? If so, maybe a couple more State Alchemists would be good to drag "IT" in (you know what I'm referring to ~_^). Also, as far as the mic thing goes, if we do need to have it pre-recorded I have a really good editing system and can make a great sound file for us. (I made our Trigun skit's sound and haven't heard any complaints about it yet...)
So, yeah. My email is Riikos_Knives@hotmail.com and my AIM is the same as my sn here. I have another idea for IT also but I don't wanna spoil it for anyone who doesn't know what we're planning ~_^

Winry
04-12-2004, 03:26 PM

Yea, I can never understand what the prerecording say sometimes. I guess it depend on the quality of the sound and what equipment they use to record it.

Kiarrens
04-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Generally it's the mic quality. A lot of people just use a wav recorder and the microphone that comes with their computer, which is a BAD idea. For ours I used a headset microphone (of the karaoke revolution variety) and edited the sound using cool edit pro. That way, in case the recording was a little bad, I could play with the levels and normalization. Also, exporting as a wav to be burned onto CD is important. I think a lot of the AB2004 people used mp3s, the sound was pretty bad in a few.

Flippy
04-12-2004, 04:54 PM
^ cool pics from the con, Kiarrens.

Oshi
04-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Well, how did I guess both of the Eds I met would be on here XD

Yes, I'm the Roy, heheh. And yes, I'll be at Otakon! My gf has already posted a thread in the Otakon forums for an FMA group. So yeah.

Flippy
04-12-2004, 07:49 PM
I might do my Winry at Animenext...hmmm.