PDA

View Full Version : Who's going?

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 02:58 PM
I just made plans definite to go. There's a lot of talk about meeting people from this board as well. Can't we kill two birds with one stone? Can we make a little place so that all Cosplay.com members can come and we can all meet each other? I think that would be very awesome for a lot of people! I don't know, say if there is like a little park area we just post a sign for all Cosplay.com cosplayers to come and meet other people? What do you think?

psythe
11-16-2002, 03:18 PM
This would be really great. I think my main reason for making the trek out west to AX is to meet all the cool people I know from here. I already booked my room for it so I will defo be there.

I really don't know the surrounding areas of the Con Center though so I wouldn't know a perfect place to meet.

^^v

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 03:19 PM
Me either..I was just hoping somebody would know too....^^;;;
I'm glad someone likes my idea!

Maryssa
11-16-2002, 03:26 PM
Just a little forewarning: if you want to have a cosplay.com group shot, make sure every damn person alive knows when it is and do not change the date, and post it everywhere. There usually is not even a COSP ML shoot at AX because its such a huge con and people are always all over and forget about it.

psythe
11-16-2002, 03:27 PM
Well when it gets a bit closer and we know the time of main events, perhaps we can get Admin to make a sticky in the forum for us that has the time/date of said cosplay.com gathering.

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 03:27 PM
I don't want a photo shoot, I just want a place where much of the cosplayers from this board can just meet. Nothing to fancy, just a little place for people to meet people!

Michi
11-16-2002, 03:31 PM
Argh. If AX was at Long Beach again I'd say have the big Cosplay.com shoot/gathering at the steps where the SNK vs Capcom group always gathered. ^_^;; But I dunno about the new location. o_x

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 03:33 PM
We'll just see what comes up!

Yggdrasil Pie
11-16-2002, 05:41 PM
Waii! That would be so cool! I want to meet so many people in these forums... I'm almost certain I can go, my friends are already trying to set up our trip and stuff! ^^

kelldar
11-16-2002, 07:37 PM
I may be going, I still won't be sure until beginning of next year when we find out whether or not we can get that condo in Hawaii oO;; It all depends on that, stupidly enough (cause it's all going to be one big trip for us)
o course I'm really hoping it does! I haven't been to CA since 88... and I really want to meet some of the west coast cosplayers I've talked to over the past couple of years ^_^

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 07:53 PM
Hope you can come Kell! I've seen your artwork and CG colouring, your amazing!!

katchoo
11-16-2002, 10:30 PM
I'll be there Friday - Sunday! I can't wait, since I will be wearing new costumes!! I would love to meet people from this board, because I haven't met anyone here.

Ayaka
11-16-2002, 11:32 PM
I'll be there; and a few months back, Admin mentioned that he and Aeris are working on plans for something at AX; maybe even a party. ^^

Course, I'll track down as many of you guys as I can anyway, lol.

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 11:34 PM
We should all wear a sign or something.
"Warning: Step away from the cosplayer-Has friends from Cosplay.com!"
Or something...I wanna meet so many of you really bad!
*moves up and down*

shiroi_yukiko
11-17-2002, 12:19 AM
oooooo. That would be fun! I got hooked into going to AX for the purpose of meeting friends anyway, so the more the merrier!

jen_kat
11-17-2002, 12:23 AM
I'm going. I almost decided not too 'cause I'm planning to go to Japan for the summer, and if I didn't go to AX then I could leave for Japan right after I graduate the first week of June... which would give me around 3 months there, but then I thought, I'm spending time making costumes, I already committed myself... I should go. I'm just going to try not to spend a lot at AX so that I can save it for Tokyo.

Argh, why do I always get stuck with the planning and stuff (hotels, registration,etc)?! I NEED my friends to help me out. Why do they always dump it on me??

Kusanagi
11-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Lets all gather in front of Disneyland! They have a huge open area between the two parks (Disneyland and California Adventure) that you don't need to purchase tickets to get into. Just beyond that are all the disney stores, known as Downtown Disney.

This way we can annoy all the Disneyland Employees who don't let us cosplayers into the park!

Spooky Brew
11-17-2002, 08:04 PM
We could do that. Downtown Diseny is huge!

khamryn
11-17-2002, 11:55 PM
::Raises hand, going::

::Falls over and sleeps:: x.x

Kenshin Ken
11-18-2002, 12:23 AM
I am going! ^^v

ChenCzen
11-18-2002, 12:26 AM
i will be there...

shadow, i will be there.

Mink
11-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by jen_kat

Argh, why do I always get stuck with the planning and stuff (hotels, registration,etc)?! I NEED my friends to help me out. Why do they always dump it on me??

Ditto ditto ditto my good friend. Im the oldest though, thats my reason. Gah.

Anyway I am deffinatly going! My parents were pretty blown away that I already reserved the room. There like "No way its that big!!!" My boyfriend too. He couldnt belive it.

Yeah we should totally have like a party or something! Or at least meet. That would be fun to have a photo shoot, Im so mad I missed the one at Animagic! Yeah now Im all excted about ax again, when really I should just be focusing on all the costumes I have to make for people for christmas, not to mention the fact that I need to make myself a costume for Japan Expo! Arg!

Hungryjack
11-18-2002, 01:26 PM
As part of one of the cosplay groups assembling there, I have committed to going, but I haven't made any solid plans yet (tickets, reservations, etc) I guess I'd best get off my duff and do that, huh?

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I'm putting off buying a house next summer until after the con :) I was going to try to get one early in the summer, but I don't want any of that real life nonsense to interfere with something really important like AX. I love telling my friends that.

psythe
11-18-2002, 01:29 PM
*lol at hungryjack*

Yeah, who needs that RL stuff anyway :thumbsup:

see yas at AX!!

pakachu420
11-20-2002, 08:58 PM
wait...
*looks at posts*
kenshin ken=pocky ken...

oh crap! i met you at AX last yr!
i was the big japanese guy hanging out with the cute sailor jupiter!

lol
thought that name sounded familiar!

anyway, yup i be there this year!
and this year i finally work up the cajones to cosplay
(besides my friends threatened to kick them if i didnt...)

Spooky Brew
11-21-2002, 11:33 PM
'Tay, I've been thinking again!
We should meet at Downtown Disney!
Question? "What about their outrageous parking just to get in?"
Answer: Park at the hotel parking lots! I'm pretty sure they won't charge you for the small time you'll be there!
I'm thinking we should meet on a Friday for a small chance of less of a crowd due to it's still a workday!
Of course, this isn't set in stone quite yet, just a brainstorm that finally watered my desert head!

katchoo
11-21-2002, 11:55 PM
Isn't it fourth of july weekend? So it's going to be packed everywhere. But we could meet like sat at noon in front of the Downtown disney store? Then get lunch somewhere. I'm sure we'll get lots of attention there!

KaitouKurogo
11-23-2002, 12:12 AM
Definately going to be there, no matter what. My girlfriend and I will be easy to spot. Just look for a Ranma with a Shampoo glomped on or a Shido with a Riho glomped on (NightWalker). ^_^'

Meeting everyone would be great! There are so many colorful personalities here and I'd love to get to know some of you better. Especially Alaria, who likes Dewprism (Threads Of Fate). Alaria, you still kick an extrodinary amount of ass for liking that game. ^_^ See you when my gf and I dress as Mint and Rue.

Well here's a funny idea. If everyone's meeting somewhere for a big photo, why don't we start a compilation fund of as many Cosplay.com members as we can to pitch in and rent a few rooms to stay in?

Ayaka
11-23-2002, 12:19 AM
That would be cool, the cosplay.com block of rooms . . . *_* Personally I don't have anywhere to stay yet (lol ack!), so I'm interested . . . anyone else? ^^;

Spooky Brew
11-23-2002, 12:22 AM
I was thinking (no, it wasn't me, it was Kusanagi, my coolio new buddy), we all meet by the big "California" sign at California adventure for a giant Cosplay.com picture! I need to meet some of you people, and what better way then a big sign and scared little tourists!

katchoo
11-23-2002, 12:29 AM
That's a great idea spooky. *hugs*
I'm open to the room idea ...I don't have a room yet either...

KaitouKurogo
11-25-2002, 10:28 AM
Hmmm....

"In local news today, a massive group of anime fans overran Disneyland's California Adventures today. Random tourists were dragged into the crowd and emerged babbling about cabbits and odamas.
"The small army of 'otaku', as they seem to be called, made their way through Disneyland itself and abducted several actors costumed as Donald Ducks and Goofys, their only explanation being that they needed their help to seal Keyholes. Total body count and remaining survivors is still unknown...more at the Seven O'clock News..."

katchoo
11-25-2002, 10:34 AM
LOL that is hilarious...must seal keyholes!!! lol...

Hey I know some other cons are having Kingdom heart gatherings, but maybe Sat morning we can meet at the California adventure sign in our kingdom hearts wear? What do ya think?

KaitouKurogo
11-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Kickass. I'm bringing a custom Keyblade. ^_^ Riku, eat your heart out! I'm trying to work it as a gothic set, twined from PumpkinHead keychain and Oblivion keychain. ^_^

pakachu420
12-01-2002, 09:32 PM
lol
that would be badass.
i wanna see it!!

Registration
12-01-2002, 11:51 PM
I'm going!!! Friday - Saturday most likely... I have school on Thursday... ::kills year-round school system::

Spooky Brew
12-02-2002, 12:21 AM
I'm going on Friday and Saturday. We'll most likely meet on Saturday.

Morrissey
12-02-2002, 02:07 AM
They won't let you in the park dressed as KH characters. It's Disney policy.

Spooky Brew
12-02-2002, 02:09 AM
Were techinically not in the park, were outside the gates of it!
*not at all trying to be a smart-@ss in anyway*

Oshi
12-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Guess who's coming.... =D

Gonna try my hardest to make AX this year, HUZZAH!
Now who would like to take me into their hotel room... heheh.... ^^;;;

Michi
12-04-2002, 02:18 PM
AX is happy. Sort of. Just 'cause lots of friends from out of state I don't see often go.. otherwise I'd prefer just Fanime. :P

Yeah, back at AX2K when they were at the Disneyland Hotel, there was a big fuss over cosplayers.. Disney sent notes to the rooms and on the desks about how there was a costume convention, and they were not to be confused with the Disneyland 'staff'. They didn't want anyone going to the park in costume, but some people seemed to sneak in.. I saw a picture of a Slayers group in front of Star Tours, I think. o_O Or something. ^^;;

I think I already posted in this thread n.n Too lazy to check. I'll probably be going all four days, or ditching early on the last one. We plan to spend a day or two at Disneyland before going back up north. :3 Like this year.. I left Saturday night, spent a day at my local friend's house, and went to Disneyland on Monday. But now it's closer! Kekeke.

Jinx
12-06-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by WaterEmperess
Waii! That would be so cool! I want to meet so many people in these forums... I'm almost certain I can go, my friends are already trying to set up our trip and stuff! ^^

I'm all set to go too, and I can't wait to meet all the people here! I don't usually meet cosplayers. >_<

Morrissey
12-07-2002, 02:27 AM
Hmmm I think I might be there...............

the source
12-07-2002, 12:15 PM
you will know the RAGE when you see us. trust me on that...........................

Rey-Rey
12-08-2002, 05:19 PM
I am very much up in the air on going. Then again, I might have to do something there...

Umi
12-08-2002, 06:26 PM
I never travel to cons. But since my little cousin lives in Southern California and I haven't seen her for a while, I'm going to see if I can conveniently arrange a week long stay at her house in time for AX. She's doing a cosplay group for AX... but I don't know what. I doubt I'll be able to join tho' =P

Anyways.. if I end up going.... I fully expect one of those Gackt Brownies Ayaka! ^^

Winca
12-09-2002, 05:18 PM
It's a very nice place, subdued, with good Iced Mochas.

It's a very relaxing place, and it's very big, enough to hold most crowds. It's out of the way of most of Downtown Disney, and it's very comfortable.

The only con is that they might not allow costumes inside; it is a Disney hotel.

For those 21 and over, they also serve alcoholic drinks.

SohjiroX
12-18-2002, 05:02 PM
Already planed and going, trying to see who else is so I can atleast say hi passing by and letting them do there own thing.