PDA

View Full Version : coments on TAC

rox_my_sox
03-20-2004, 10:01 PM
does any one have any coments on the con that has just passed knows at TAC/MACTAC/crapy con.
I personally had alot of fun because i met so many people and such, i thought the organization of it all totally sucked. The skits for cosplay idol were good but the way it was put together suckd. i couldnt belive that i got into the secound round so happy^_^. to refresh peoples memories, i was black rose and i was walking around with a giant sword and for cosplay idol a guy tried to hit on me and i attacked him with my sword^_^.
I saw alot of costumes and i think there were alot of great ones *my favorite one was Dani dressed as sailor venus ^_^ looked awsome!* i got lotsa stuff at the dealers room. and i personally generally had fun. I took a picture of squall sleeping hehe XD *he looked sooo hot* i think that for cosplay idol they should have had a seperate thing for best costumes and best skit like a masq and a fashion show.
so tell me what u liked and disliked about the con and tell me if u saw me and what u thought of my costume ^_^ and dont forget to tell me what/if u dressed up and who/what as.

P.S. i will be posting pictures once they are developed if my computer wants to work, but othet wise i will make a web page with the pictures on it and ill make a thread about it so people can look and i can send pictures to ppl who would like them.

lainey
03-20-2004, 10:16 PM
http://d2r.org/2004TAC
^our pics...

they wouldn't allow us to "loiter" since we didn't have passes, so we got kicked out constantly from different areas.

we managed to find a small hallway that was secluded and had our fun there... lol

Ryukka
03-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Ooooh I saw you ^_^ your sword was so kick ass. Are you going tomorow? gahhh I wanted to see your skit, but we wern't untill after you~~ gah I was obbessing over the squall *_*; sadly I didn't get a picture though.. ;x; (compleatly random comment: the guy that you where with was hot *_*; me and my friend couldn't stop drooling rofl XD)

I had lots of fun ^_^ despite the fact that there wasn't really anything going on. I agree with the cosplay idol thing.. it just wasn't set up that great x_X;

dani
03-20-2004, 11:51 PM
I'll br posting more soon, but right now at least I wanted to say It was fun! Specially to get to meet all of you.
Thanks for making my first con a memorable one :)
Dani

Arcueid
03-21-2004, 12:36 AM
wahh! i missed out.. i decided not to go because it was raining and i'd have had to take public transit. which i hate to do when it's raining >< *so spoiled*

will anyone be going tomorrow as well? ;_;

ps. great pics, lainey! do they really try and kick you out? *_* because tomorrow i was planning on loitering without a pass~~ whats worse is i'm not even cosplaying so that would probably count as uber-loitering.. ><

Mekou
03-21-2004, 01:02 AM
I liked the con actually. ^^ I had fun just hanging around friends and such. =D

I really didn't like how we HAD to pay to simply go into a small and cramped area. *grumbles* It was soo small...<_<;;

I will probably go back tomorrow lol. ^^ For CAKE! XD

dani
03-21-2004, 01:12 AM
Sorry I had to pass on the dinner plans. I didn't have a coat that could fit over my costume, going out without a coat in that outfit would have been assured pneumonia, and getting changed to something else, and back would have taken too much time.
Hope we can plan something similar again when weather helps...

Dani

Saffi
03-21-2004, 01:28 AM
I thought it was ok... kinda disorganized, kinda badly planned, but we as fans made our own fun.

I was taping the entire Cosplay Idol (not my camera, but I got a good number of pics on mine) and got the entire thing except where they crowned the winners (including the judges opinions and Scott's meltdown ^^)

Some of the costumes were absolutely astounding and applause to all who entered into the contest... I was in costume, but didn't enter...

I will hopefully have my pics and stuff online by sunday morning.. depending on how long I stay up...

:-) i'll probably have more opinions and such tomorrow, but right now i'm pretty dead *grin*

glad to see you all! i'll see you guys at Anime North

-saff

Ryukka
03-21-2004, 07:48 AM
I'm going tomorow (wait.. now today).. so is Scoti, Lindsay, and a few of my friends for sure ^_^

lainey
03-21-2004, 08:41 AM
yeeeah...they kept on kicking us out :(
that's why i don't have pics of cosplayers :(

kenhidaka
03-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Well I had my share of fun... meeting up with new people, having catgirls run around me *sweatdrop*, getting my pocky box broken *glares at Lindsay*, walking 45 mins around Toronto trying to find the Jap restaurant, etc. Rox_my_soxs, you Black Rose outfit was awesome. I took a pic of you (the very tall Ken Hidaka). Even though Cosplay Idol was very unorganized, I was glad I didn't compete. I would of been simply no match. Anyways, hope everyone who went back today enjoyed themselves.

nyamiko_chan
03-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Yesh I missed it *sobs* HobbyStar ate my inner cosplayer *sigh*

But I went to the dinner and had a blast..until I walk back to the MTCC and was remined that I couldn't get in... U_U I can't wait until AN, at least that's worth it ^O^Vm

Kia
03-21-2004, 03:35 PM
:: hugs Nyami :: Thanks for spending the day with me. ^_^

I refused to pay Hobbystar a single cent of the money I have left in my bank account. Because of that I was at TAC for about 1 hour hanging out and waiting for people to turn up, until I got sick and tired of Mr. Bouncer telling me that I had to leave if I didn't pay to get into the "officially" loitering area. Bunch of b.s. if you ask me.

Anyways, I kept my end of the bargin and refused to cave in and give Hobbystar my money, so I left w/ Nyami and we had an awsome time (if I do say so myself) on Queen St. looking for fabric. Eventually we met everyone for dinner and was very much amused (though I think people were more amused by me o_O).

I was very dissapointed that Hobbystar were being bigger asses than they usually are (but I was amused to find that they at least learned from their mistakes in November). I was also dissapointed that I wasn't able to be there to collect pre-reg money for Anime North from the people on my list, which I appologize for.

Either way I hope to see everyone I didn't get to see yesterday at Anime North in May. At least I know that that's a convention worth paying for! Hope to see everyone there! ^_^

Edit: btw- I think this con should be known as Basement Prision Con. But that's just my opinion.

Infini
03-21-2004, 03:49 PM
I only ended up seeing the last half hour of the con, and that half hour was spent changing into my costume. -_-'

I didn't get there until 5:30, and it was 6:00 before I got my Inuyasha costume on. I was there with my friend, who was dressed as Sango (demon slayer). Even though we got there late it was fun to dress up, even if it was a short time. I would have liked to have gotten there earlier to see everyone else's costumes, but there was nothing I could do...

I didn't pay, mainly because it was all over by the time I got there. I guess that's why they didn't tell us to leave the loitering area either though. Only downside is that I was too late to get my prereg AN money to you, Kia. :(

-Infini

Kia
03-21-2004, 03:58 PM
I only ended up seeing the last half hour of the con, and that half hour was spent changing into my costume. -_-'

I didn't get there until 5:30, and it was 6:00 before I got my Inuyasha costume on. I was there with my friend, who was dressed as Sango (demon slayer). Even though we got there late it was fun to dress up, even if it was a short time. I would have liked to have gotten there earlier to see everyone else's costumes, but there was nothing I could do...

I didn't pay, mainly because it was all over by the time I got there. I guess that's why they didn't tell us to leave the loitering area either though. Only downside is that I was too late to get my prereg AN money to you, Kia. :(

-Infini
I just sent out and e-mail to the group about yesterday's mix up. I hope at least one of the options I suggested will work for you. ^_^
:: hug :: I'm sad I didn't get to see you either. I asked Russ if he and seen you and by the time everyone went to dinner no one had. ... sad ...

Infini
03-21-2004, 04:02 PM
I was sad that I didn't see anyone either. I was able to be in costume for about 45 min, but it was obviously after everyone left...

I'll check the email. I hope I've got enough time before prereg is over!

I must be having computer problems, because I can't get into lainey's site or cosplaylab.

-Infini

lainey
03-21-2004, 04:09 PM
yeeeah the server for my website is down :(

who knows, maybe cosplaylab is on the same server O_o (highly doubts it) but check maybe tonight or tomorrow it should be back up O_o

Harsh Reality
03-21-2004, 06:08 PM
I thought the March TAC was pretty fun, although to those who hung out loitering I regrettably didn't spend enough time hanging out with you, (I'll make sure I do at Anime North) but I was kept quite busy between organizing a skit for 'Cosplay Idol' just that day and visiting several of the theatres with a friend I met there.

I was pleased to see our skit make it to the semi finals, one I and the d00d with long hair prepared an overexaggerated dramatized cliched Super-Robot battle based on what the fighters usually do in G Gundam. And yes, I was the guy with the red cape on the left who got stage fright and the judges described as "delusional." (Anyone remember, "SHINING FINGAAAAAAA!!!," lol).

Judge reviewing our skit:

"That skit just did nothing for me and I found it absoloutly terrible...that said, It's one of the best of the night."

There was a lot of complaints about the size of the March TAC but you have to take into the equation that up until nearly a year ago we didn't have these mini-cons at all, so we should be grateful for what we get.

And yes, I did go to the forum meetup and argue with the organizers about kicking people out of the lobby for like, half and hour.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun even though it was my first time cosplaying and I saw a lot of awesome costumes (the little girl's Yuna, Master Roshi, D2R's BR group costumes, some of the Lulu ones, Team Rocket Jesse), etc. Everybody better get psyched for Anime North, just 8 weeks and 4 days left!

~Konrad

Kikoro
03-21-2004, 07:54 PM
I had a lot of fun. I missed cosplay idol but thats cause my friend got sick and we all decided to go home. Sunday was a blast for me, i got kisses from Scott McNeil and Brad Swaile. they are so great! Scott wouldnt stop kissing me, i thought he'd never let go of my cheek! *blushes* lol.
I only cosplayed for day one. I was the Juunanagou walking around with girl in the "BADMAN" outfit and a Juuhachigou. Oh Scoti i loved your Naraku costume. At least i think that was you, if not, still awesome costume.

archangeli
03-21-2004, 08:02 PM
we were there for about 1 hr on Sunday and we wandered around outside and took piccies ^__^

My sister was dressed as White Mage (Princess Garnet version, FF9) and I was in regular clothes and my sexy-ass pink stilettos :)

We DID see Brad Swaile coming down the escalator - that was kinda the highlight of the day, hehe. Nothing else too exciting ... we ended up leaving and going to watch "Taking Lives"

This was a good trial run for CNA I guess, hehe :p

Ochika
03-21-2004, 08:02 PM
i had a blast. i found i was the life of the party XD me with my skanky outfit. OH OH for all you people who didnt go today. you missed me getting scott and Michael to put on bright BRIGHT red lipstick and kiss my birthday card ^_^ it was great. and when i told them i was the one who fell on stage during the cat fight they pointed and laughed at me v_v but i had an amazing time. and meet soooooooo many people...and im pretty sure a few of them were hitting on me >_>; BALLOON CHICKEN !!o_o *whipes saif chicken at Link* LU LU LU LU LU luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ryukka
03-21-2004, 08:49 PM
;x; *sniff* only one small pink balloon survived.. but then we popped it XD LULULULULULUUUU

MizuZero
03-21-2004, 09:39 PM
(compleatly random comment: the guy that you where with was hot *_*; me and my friend couldn't stop drooling rofl XD)

I'm flattered...

Ryukka
03-21-2004, 10:13 PM
^___^;

@_@ I have a few pictures.. they won't be up for a long time though because my sister took the scanner to University >.>;; *twitch*

MizuZero
03-21-2004, 10:24 PM
That wasn't my moment of glory, there. Originally we had just planned for me to undo a button or two, but I guess the entire shirt came off. They also played the wrong song... We burned it wrong, or something.

Whatever. We got into the finals anyways.

I found the con kinda boring, but I got to hang out with Ms. Black Rose over there, who I don't see very often ever since she moved. Just like Anime North last year, I had no costume, but I got a couple of pictures taken of me anyways, though I fail to see why... A lot of people hit on her, which was amusing to watch. I should probably go in costume next time there's a con.

Lafiel
03-21-2004, 10:27 PM
I dressed up but I wasn't going to pay but I got bored waiting for my friend, so my other friend (who already had a pass) and I decided to check out the dealers room.

I should have never bought a pass because not only did I pay $20 to do nothing except go into the dealers room in which I spent more money on FMA stuff and Miss. Deep statue (at a cheap price!)... money I shouldn't be spending >.<

lainey Looks cute and sexy as always ^^
I knew I should have worn a new outfit, I was like, I have only worn this to Otakon for one day, and to Utarpa Halloween, but knowing my luck lainey will see me in this costume which she has already seen me in. Bah :P

But blah..overall, it was a poor con :\
Nothing to do, nothing to see waste of time..

Infini
03-22-2004, 04:38 AM
I hope to find at least one good pic of my costume from the con. (There's an inuyasha contest at cosplaylab and I can't get my camera to work. -_-' I guess that doesn't matter if cosplaylab's website is down, does it?)

I'm really disappointed about being late. I wanted to go to the dealer's room just to buy stuff I don't normally have access to, and I wanted to see everyone's costumes as well. I guess I have to wait until Anime North. :)

-Infini

edit: lainey's website is back up, but cosplaylab is still down. :( If it isn't back up by the time the contest closes, I hope they think to give an extra day for entries when it is up again.....

lainey
03-22-2004, 07:41 AM
I dressed up but I wasn't going to pay but I got bored waiting for my friend, so my other friend (who already had a pass) and I decided to check out the dealers room.

I should have never bought a pass because not only did I pay $20 to do nothing except go into the dealers room in which I spent more money on FMA stuff and Miss. Deep statue (at a cheap price!)... money I shouldn't be spending >.<

lainey Looks cute and sexy as always ^^
I knew I should have worn a new outfit, I was like, I have only worn this to Otakon for one day, and to Utarpa Halloween, but knowing my luck lainey will see me in this costume which she has already seen me in. Bah :P

But blah..overall, it was a poor con :\
Nothing to do, nothing to see waste of time..

lafiel i can say that i pretended to not see u and "oh!" you never rewore your halloween costume :D lol Actually Amy pointed you out to me lol *steals bunny*

i dunno...but that costume OWNS MY SOCKS!! *twirls* i can't wait to see your big AN costumes :D

Spatx
03-22-2004, 05:15 PM
you missed me getting scott and Michael to put on bright BRIGHT red lipstick and kiss my birthday card ^_^

Nooo! I wanted to see that. Lol. Maybe if I had stayed a little longer I would have gotten too - but I had ISUs due today that I hadn't started! O_O

I loved meeting you Lindsay! You were awesome to hang around, and yes, you were life of the party. Lol. But that belly dance thing sometimes got a little creepy. :toothy:

Shelley~ (Um.. Girl in Green suit if you don't know names. XD)

Ryukka
03-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Nuuu, her belly dancing was not scary XD it was highly entertaining =P

Ochika
03-22-2004, 05:26 PM
teheheheheh XD *shakes belly* ALU lululululululululullulululululu

Spatx
03-22-2004, 05:36 PM
True, It was very entertaining. XD *Attempts to shake belly* Lol, now thats scary. Haha. :D Chooo Choooo!

*pats the balloon chicken*

rox_my_sox
03-22-2004, 05:42 PM
That wasn't my moment of glory, there. Originally we had just planned for me to undo a button or two, but I guess the entire shirt came off. They also played the wrong song... We burned it wrong, or something.

Whatever. We got into the finals anyways.

I found the con kinda boring, but I got to hang out with Ms. Black Rose over there, who I don't see very often ever since she moved. Just like Anime North last year, I had no costume, but I got a couple of pictures taken of me anyways, though I fail to see why... A lot of people hit on her, which was amusing to watch. I should probably go in costume next time there's a con.

people were hitting on me?...i feel stupid...i remember guys kinda giving me looks but hitting on me...dont remember, i was kinda to wrapped up in everything to notice, oops. I didnt know u had a username thingy on cosplay.com, or did u just get it, cuz i was talking about it like the whole time i was at the convention :square: :heart: gives MizuZero a hug :heart: i hope u get to go to anime north. ill talk to you on msn about anime north later

Oh ya by the way, for everyone who saw my costume, its going to be so much better for animenorth!, im remaking the sword out of wood this time, and it will be the same size as the foam one, and the plates on my costume that were made out of foam are now going to be made out of metal! and for the question ive been asked about 10 times, and no it isnt gonig to be heavy, im using a light wood and a light metal. and yes i do know about the strict rules at anime north about weapons and i will work that into my plan.

I thought that it was hillarios that when i was walking with my sword, i would keep hearing coments like "omg look at that sward, its huge." and "omg look at the giant sword" and hen people(mostly guys) wanted to hold it and ran up behinde me and poke it and ran away giggling lol
and when i would be walking people would be like "hi black rose" lol it was cute.

for cosplay idol, it was hilarios when the gundum couldnt get though the door!...i was sad that we didnt win, but i agree that the mortal combat one should have one and the gundum should have got a best costume award. But for being in it and having the guts to get on stage i got a dragon ball Z DVD and a incredble hulk watch, which ended up braking when i took it off to have a shower lol, that kinda sucked but im trying to fix it XD i think that all of the skits were good though!!! but i didnt really like the one of the guy fighting himself that went right after my skit lol...sorry...

dani
03-22-2004, 05:51 PM
The Hulk watch I got had no batteries left. Got a new one from R Shack for $5 and when I opened it up my daughter replaced the Hulk front plate with a custom one she drew. Now she has a disposable watch to take to school.

It's a bit sad that craftmanship and performance merits were replaced with clap-o-meters and a parody of mean judges. There were good costumes and good performances there on stage. Glad I was there to see them :)

Dani

Kohana
03-22-2004, 08:15 PM
I had SO MUCH fun this weekend!.. On Saturday I cosplayed as Vejita in the "BADMAN" shirt Chris Sabat thought it was totally cool!!... I don't know if anyone else was there but in the Q&A I got Chris to sing a lullaby for Trunks... And being the goofs that we are me and my friends were really considering heading to the south building to crash the Conservative Party. Could you imagine that would be the highlight on the ten o'clock news... "Four costume girls entered the premises and began creating havoc, claiming they posses super human powers and plan to take over Earth.."... and on Sunday I didn't go but I got a WONDERFUL phone call from Micheal Dobson, Brad Swaile, and Scott McNeil!!!... (Thank you Kikoro and Nikita that totally made my day ^_^V) I hope Scott comes to Anime North.. since their doing a whole Inuyasha thing.. but meh what can you do...

Squall1882
03-22-2004, 09:25 PM
I thought TAC was cool!! I always like going to see what people dress up as, though I didn't really meet anyone.. I guess I'm kinda shy. Yeah I'm a total newbie.. 2nd con.. For those of you who went I was with my GF like literally the whole time (She was Witch Hunter Robin and I was Amon). I thought that the guy who imitated Simon was the best during Cosplay Idol.. lol.. so funny!! You guys had amazing costumes!! Aha.. mine was basic cause I spent all my time making my GF's. Lol.. I'll try and say Hi more at AN!! For those of you that saw me any ideas of what I should be? I wanna get started on my costume ASAP!! This time it will kick ass!! Oh yeah!! And the girl that spoke to us waiting outside room 1 for Cosplay Idol to start (you know who you are.. lol) I forgot to ask you who you were cosplaying.. it was a cool costume.. but I was so tired all sanity had left me by that point.. aha.. get back to me!! Cool costumes you guys! Keep up the good work.. have fun!!

Genki de!

Decoy Sloth
03-22-2004, 10:41 PM
I spent a sizeable chunk of the weekend building a close acquaintanceship with the MTCC's lovely floor. I love the dignified image a blatant lack of proper seating lends to any con.

Sad thing was that I had more pictures taken in my literally-made-of-garbage joke costume than I did while wearing either of my other two real ones.

dani
03-22-2004, 10:45 PM
There were chairs, but at strategically inconvenient places. I sat down early afternoon to give my feet a rest from my heels, and almost had a nap :)

Dani

JustinCredible
03-22-2004, 10:58 PM
I spent a sizeable chunk of the weekend building a close acquaintanceship with the MTCC's lovely floor. I love the dignified image a blatant lack of proper seating lends to any con.

I find it very funny that between AN and CN last year I spend more time sitting or sleeping on a floor then I did standing... an exageratio, yes... but not by much!

Otaking97
03-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Me and the boys did not cosplay at this con. Really just couldn't be bothered. Usually just stood around filming with my camcorder when I was bored. I did however enjoy Cosplay Idol. It turned out to be much more amusing then I thought it was going to be. I also saw a few new shows since I figured I may as well watch some stuff since I paid for it. Also of course bought a bunch of nice and cheap Manga from the dealers room. Over all I think it was better than a few past CNAnime experiences I've had.

dani
03-23-2004, 12:44 AM
If anyone has a pic or taping of my sailor group on stage (group #1 on cosplay idol) please contact me. We don't have any...

Dani

Saffi
03-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Oh yeah!! And the girl that spoke to us waiting outside room 1 for Cosplay Idol to start (you know who you are.. lol) I forgot to ask you who you were cosplaying.. it was a cool costume.. but I was so tired all sanity had left me by that point.. aha.. get back to me!! Cool costumes you guys! Keep up the good work.. have fun!!
Genki de!

Hee hee! that was me! I was dressed as "The King" from a West End musical called We Will Rock You... (essentially, Mama Mia, with Queen music, on crack :-D)

the actual costume is really cool too.. the pic of it can be found through this link (was a bit big to post on the thread)... I over did it a bit with the dreads, but I really liked them.

Pic of The King (http://bellesdomain.co.uk/wwry/boho/amy06.jpg)

You two had absolutely amazing costumes! they were fantastic. And believe me.. i'm still blushing from the fact that you were interested in my outfit! Thanks for that!

-saff

Mekou
03-23-2004, 01:41 AM
Decoy Sloth = Since I can't seem to contact you any other way, I'd like to tell you that the compliment you gave me about my Bakura costume really made my day. ^__^ Thanks sooooooo much! *big hugs* =D

MizuZero
03-23-2004, 06:28 AM
or did u just get it, cuz i was talking about it like the whole time i was at the convention

Mainly that, yeah.

Vanity Fading
03-23-2004, 01:04 PM
I did enjoy TAC^^ I'm disappointed that I didn't get to stay for cosplay Idol now hearing all the comments -_-;;; oh well. I kinda did want to participate but I didn't want to go up there by myself -hides-

MizuZero
03-23-2004, 06:06 PM

Like Dani said, there were chairs, but placed out of the way in a corner of the dealer's room. They were occupied primarily by flustered mothers though, but I did sit in one for a long period of time lacking anything better to do.

And the floor was really, really comfortable.

That is, when you're not getting kicked by people starting an autograph line. Or your nervous, impatient friend. Or getting your picture taken while sleeping...

Ryukka
03-23-2004, 06:12 PM
x_X oh lord yes.. gah I got stepped on so many times when people where starting to line up.. gahh

rox_my_sox
03-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Like Dani said, there were chairs, but placed out of the way in a corner of the dealer's room. They were occupied primarily by flustered mothers though, but I did sit in one for a long period of time lacking anything better to do.

And the floor was really, really comfortable.

That is, when you're not getting kicked by people starting an autograph line. Or your nervous, impatient friend. Or getting your picture taken while sleeping...

Am I the nervous, impatient friend that you speak of and the taking pictures of people sleeping, are u refering to when i took a picture of the guy dressed as squall sleeping if so, i couldnt help it he looked so peaceful and hot and such i just had to!

oh and by the way i got the pictures developed and they turned out really quite well XD but i have to wait untill the next time i go to my mothers house to scan them and then they will be placed on my web page in which i encourage everyone to go to, it has pictures of my self in my black rose costume and afew other pictures...more will be added soon once I am able to get to my moms house

go to: www.ymmik.friendpages.com thats my web page

MizuZero
03-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Nah, I'm talking about those two that snuck up on ME. All I see is *flash* and hear giggling, then running away. Flattering, course, but kinda creepy. Karma for wanting a sleeping Squall picture, I guess.

And of course you're said impatient friend.