PDA

View Full Version : Nycc 2013

tsukeru
05-06-2013, 08:35 PM
I know there is a seeking cosplayer thread and a NYCC thread, but I think it will be easier to find Marvel cosplayers here. I would love to get a Young Avengers/Hawkeye group started. Or to even just to meet up with Marvel fans would be awesome. This is my second NYCC and I would love to meet you guys.

I will be cosplaying as Kate Bishop, both her Hawkeye #9 costume & her purple unitard.

meinterrupted
05-23-2013, 12:59 PM
I think I posted in another thread you started on this subject, but I'm definitely going to be at NYCC in Marvel cosplay.

littlemissnerdy
05-23-2013, 01:01 PM
I swear, isn't there already a post like this?

meinterrupted
05-23-2013, 01:09 PM
I feel like there is! But I've been going through allllll the forum posts, so maybe I'm seeing things.

TheAnarCHris
05-30-2013, 09:50 PM
I swear, isn't there already a post like this?

I feel like there is! But I've been going through allllll the forum posts, so maybe I'm seeing things.

Little Miss Hawkeye is clearly paraphrasing me, the HAWKGUY, but yeah, there was some weird shit where the threads were disappearing and reappearing like whoa.

Anywho, NYCC is happening obviously, although what exactly I'm bringing out is yup in the air. Cyclops (Marvel NOW!), Hawkguy ( #8 and default) are a definite, but I'm torn between rocking Jamie Maddox at some point, making Nightwing, or attempting to find a group o' cosplayers to do the O' Malley YA variant cover.

littlemissnerdy
06-01-2013, 01:42 PM
I might try my casual Black Widow <3 Winter Solider depending on how it goes at SDCC.

littlemissnerdy
06-11-2013, 03:00 PM
So I'll be there for sure Saturday and Sunday, maybe a little bit on Friday!

tsukeru
06-11-2013, 03:26 PM
I think we should hold the Marvel shoot at 12 on Saturday? But the question is, where do most photoshoots met at NYCC?

littlemissnerdy
06-11-2013, 03:34 PM
I honestly have no idea. I don't think there's a nice place outside for it.

eebee
06-12-2013, 08:12 AM
My experience is that most groups choose to meet at the Javits statue in the main lobby or in the southernmost hall for photoshoots. There are very few outdoor options at NYCC.

tsukeru
06-12-2013, 01:23 PM
My experience is that most groups choose to meet at the Javits statue in the main lobby or in the southernmost hall for photoshoots. There are very few outdoor options at NYCC.

Thanks! I've only been to NYCC once before last year, so I am a bit unfamiliar where most photoshoots do meet.

TheAnarCHris
06-13-2013, 09:16 AM

I like how we were there for like 40 minutes, and I've yet to see a single photo since. That shoot was a hot mess of the highest degree.

littlemissnerdy
06-14-2013, 08:45 AM
I like how we were there for like 40 minutes, and I've yet to see a single photo since. That shoot was a hot mess of the highest degree.

Seriously?! Damn Gina!

TheAnarCHris
06-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Seriously?! Damn Gina!

I'm sure whoever was in charge had good intentions, but planning a massive Marvel Vs DC gathering and not factoring size and space wasn't the brightest move. Especially when 3/4ths of the DC side were just Harley and Jokers, making it more so Marvel Vs Batman.

Shit like that is EXACTLY why the SHCF started up, lol

Darien1629
10-15-2013, 07:23 PM
I did love that There were ton of different Marvel Characters this year and like 5 different versions of the DC Characters.