PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Jacket

Wolfe
03-21-2004, 12:39 PM
I was wondering how I would go about making Naruto's Jacket. I'm new at this so I'm clueless on Costume making. Please help!

Piro-san
03-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Im not sure how to make one but I saw one on sale on Ebay just the other day if that helps

yummyfire
03-21-2004, 02:17 PM
If you buy the costume, you probably won't be able to enter it in the costume contest, so I would advise against buying one on ebay. Just buy a jacket pattern, some orange, red, and blue fabric and you should be set for the basic jacket.

Wolfe
03-21-2004, 03:37 PM
A pattern? I'm clueless....please explain.

Kurai Kaze
03-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Patterns are pieces of paper that you lay out on the cloth and then cut out. Maybe you can have someone show you how to sew? I'm making my jacket out of Orange and Blue fleece I bought at Joanne's and a McCall's fleece jacket pattern I found at Walmart. It's pretty easy. Once you learn how to sew, it's all a matter of modifying existing patterns or pre-made clothing. You might even want to look in to just modifying existing hunter-orange clothing you can get at any sporting good's store.

Wolfe
03-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Ok, thanks! I'm gonna start on my jacket ASAP!

Raincloud
03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
This site has the official jacket for sale:

http://www.geocities.com/janimesekai

Hope this helps. =)

-Raincloud

Kurai Kaze
03-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Pshh, yeah, but it's in Japanese sizes not meant for us massive Gaijin. Besides, what's the fun if you go out and buy the official everything? I'm only using the official Hitae-ate because I don't have time to make the headband for this particular con. ^^ That and I already have it.