PDA

View Full Version : Pics dissapeared from my gallery :(

dani
03-21-2004, 11:54 PM
From the "Avatars and Signatures" folder. Including my current SIGNATURE!!

Was is a technical mistake on my side? is a server temporarily offline, or something? Those things I could understand...

(Unnecesary ranting)

So please tell me I just ranted for nothing because those pics were on a drive that hiccuped...

Dani

Admin
03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
I've looked into this, and it turns out there was an error in deleting the images. The images deleted were a signature and some avatars, and the moderator in question thought we were deleting all sigs and avatars from the galleries, and not just the ones with artwork in them.

So anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding, it was an honest mistake.

dani
03-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks for clarifying it. People make mistakes. I even seem to remember I made one, once :)
I'll upload my signature again.

Dani

camuigackt
03-26-2004, 09:32 AM
a pic disappeared from my gallery too. it was one of me in a costume. im just wondering if there was any particular reason why? did i break one of the posting rules? if so i'm sorry but i'd like to know how so i dont do that again

Drenn
04-02-2004, 11:17 AM
a pic disappeared from my gallery too. it was one of me in a costume. im just wondering if there was any particular reason why? did i break one of the posting rules? if so i'm sorry but i'd like to know how so i dont do that again
same here, except mine was of a prop I did. I understand they're suppose to be costumes and such, but my "value added" contribution to this site is to help people with props, and I think demonstrating my abilities helps to establish credibility witth suggestions I make and such.

oooor whatever... it's not that important. I'd just like to know why it's gone, and if I broke some sort of rule. It was a 1:1 scale fiberglass Battle Droid head and neck from Star Wars... maybe it's a copyright issue? I dunno.

David

K_Valentine
04-02-2004, 11:29 AM
same here, except mine was of a prop I did. I understand they're suppose to be costumes and such, but my "value added" contribution to this site is to help people with props, and I think demonstrating my abilities helps to establish credibility witth suggestions I make and such.

oooor whatever... it's not that important. I'd just like to know why it's gone, and if I broke some sort of rule. It was a 1:1 scale fiberglass Battle Droid head and neck from Star Wars... maybe it's a copyright issue? I dunno.

David

I vaguely remember seeing that one. Did it have the reference screen capture from the movie? That may have been the reason.

Admin
04-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Images do not disappear, they get deleted and always for a reason. If your image is deleted, ask yourself the following questions:

Did it contain artwork?
Did it contain a copyrighted logo from a game/movie/etc.?
Did it contain a screencapture?
Did it contain an image from a game/anime/movie as a comparison photo?
Was it sexually suggestive?
Was it too racy to be considered "family-friendly" or PG-13?
Was it something posted making fun of another cosplayer?

If you can answer "yes" to any one of those questions, that is the reason it was deleted.

odango-mango
04-02-2004, 02:44 PM
i also have a question a picture in my inprogress gallery comes up as "thumnail not available" ? does this mean it got deleted, even when i clicked to look at it is shows up as a red x.
I don't think it violated any of the rules, it was just my guy in his Squall costume holding his gunblade? no artwork no logos or anything?

Admin
04-02-2004, 02:45 PM
A thumbnail not available picture just means there was an error on the upload.

Drenn
04-02-2004, 11:03 PM
thanks, it was the screen caps. It was used for reference purposes--I didn't know that wasn't allowed. I'll re-upload without screen caps.

cheers.

David