PDA

View Full Version : Tenchi Muyo viewing order???

psythe
11-16-2002, 08:35 PM
I've only seen episodes here and there for Tenchi Muyo.

I would like to view the series back to front. Could anyone please tell me the correct order to watch the mass amounts of Tenchi there is?

Thanks
^^v

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 08:56 PM
First Tenchi Muyo, then Tenchi universe, then Tenchi in Tokyo. The new new one is Tenchi GXP, that's not here yet. Pretty Sammy is just a spin off. And the Mihoshi Special is just a episode featuring Mihoshi and then a little episode of Pretty Sammy. Hoped that helped!

psythe
11-16-2002, 09:17 PM
Arigatou Spooky!! *bows*

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 09:18 PM
Welcome my comrade!

Studmaster
11-16-2002, 09:42 PM
Okay, the Tenchi Series seems hard to understand , but it really isn't (escpecially compared to Gundam). I hope this compiled list will help any confusion you have.

There are 4 Continuities of Tenchi Muyo that have grown throughout the years. Each one has it's own origins, charcter personalities, villans and plotlines. I'll explain more on some important differences. Now lets get started

OAV Series (*1)

First Series (Episodes 1-6)
Carnival Special (Episode 7)
Second OAV Series (Episodes 8-14)
Third OAV Series (Episodes 15-??) (*2A)
Tenchi GXP (Episodes 1-26) (*2A)
Fourth OAV (*2B)

Universe Continuity

Universe TV Series
Earth Phase (Episodes 1-10)
Time and Space Adventures (Episodes 11-13)
Road to the Jurai Empire (Episodes 14-21)
Tenchi's True Destiny and the battle with Kagato (Episodes 22-25)
The Carnival Returns (Episode 26)
Tenchi Muyo in Love 1 (First Movie)
Tenchi Muyo in Love 2 (Tenchi forever) (*3)

Shin Tenchi Muyo Continuity

Shin Tenchi Muyo (Episodes 1-26)

Pretty Sami Spinoffs (*4)

Pretty Sami OAV (Episodes 1-3)
Pretty Sami TV Series (Episode 1-26)

Continuty Hell

Mihoshi Special (*5)
Daughter of Darkness (Movie 2) (*6)

---

1) The OAV Continuity is considered the real Continuity as it's the one the Manga follows and original creator created and is still being written today.

2) In 2001 Pioneer Japan annouced the new entries into the Tenchi Series which are the 3rd OVA Series and GXP.

2A) Tenchi GXP is the series that follows the 3rd OAV series in the continuity. It's about the Galaxy Police.

2B) The Third OVA was supposed to be the OAV where Tenchi was supposed to choose his future Queen, but Pioneer changed their minds and decided and a 4th OVA is certain.

3) Tenchi Forever is considered the end of the Universe Series, at first it seems like a Shin Tenchi Muyo Movie because of the Art, but it's said that it's the final adventure of the Universe Series. Its 2 years after Tenchi in Love and it's ending implies who Tenchi will choose in that Universe.

4) Just like Spooky said. Pretty Sami is a spinoff.

5) Mihoshi Special was relased during the OAV Years, but it's a dream that Mihoshi made up so Kiyone doesn't exist in the OAV as of now.

6) The second Movie should be in the OAV continuity, since it has the Light Hawk Wings, but it also has Kiyone, but the originial Creator doesn't consider her a real charcter (Dumbfuck) so this movie is stuck in limbo.
---

And that's the jist of it. Spooky listed it first, but I couldn't stop.

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 09:45 PM
That o'tay, you just made me more confused Studmaster O_o
The way I put it makes you not have the swirly eyes. But very detailed though! Awesome!

KaineMaxwell
11-17-2002, 10:37 AM
Tenchi in Tokyo sucks goats though...the animation's not up to the same par as the OAV or even the TV series.

And Tenchi in Love is one my all-time fav anime movies.

psythe
11-17-2002, 11:00 AM
@_@;;;

Oi...can I follow Spooky's list and be ok? That other list, however informational, just made me fall over sideways. ^^v

Studmaster
11-17-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
@_@;;;

Oi...can I follow Spooky's list and be ok? That other list, however informational, just made me fall over sideways. ^^v

Yup, no problem. Like I said, that list was made because I'm a freaking geek, and couldn't stop. :D

psythe
11-17-2002, 12:46 PM
lol....That's cool! ^^v

KaineMaxwell
11-17-2002, 05:09 PM
Nothing wrong with being a geek here.

Yautja834
11-17-2002, 05:14 PM
yeah that just about sums up the world of tenchi.

Michi
11-17-2002, 05:35 PM
A few of the different series are alternate universes, right? --I haven't been able to follow it well because of that. o_x I just know that the Tenchi Muyo 'Ryo-ohki' OAVs were the beginning... @_@;

Yautja834
11-17-2002, 05:53 PM
yeah the different series have nothing in common with eachother...except them being about tenchi