PDA

View Full Version : Freckles

bunnybeth
03-22-2004, 12:04 PM
I need to give myself freckles for my Megumi (Nadesico) costume and wasn't sure what to use. I don't want to invest a lot of money into it, but want something I can wear all day at a con and won't smudge easily or need much touch-up throughout the day. Any suggestions for types/brands of make-up and/or face paint?

Drackt
03-22-2004, 03:18 PM
I'd reccomend using a cheapie brown eyebrow pencil from the Wet & Wild range. I've used that type for many of my other makeup jobs and it does work well.

Kokuu
03-23-2004, 02:18 AM
*Nods* a brown eyeliner pencil, dusted with some clear powder to help it from smudging would be the best. I recommed NYC pencil, another cheapie brand that works very well. You will probably have to touch up occassionally, especially if you are sweating, but if you want to prevent your face from sweating, there is this product called Dermashield that you can use under your makeup.

bunnybeth
03-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Ok, cheapie brown eyeliner pencil. I was hoping it would be something easy. Now... clear powder? Like just regular skin-tonish face powder? Or is there an actual "clear" powder? And, loose or pressed???

No problem with some touching-up, but I don't want to make a trek to my room every hour or carry stuff with me. But, May in Chicago could be hot + lots of people = lots of sweating, so I was just wondering what exactly Dermashield is, and what sort of places to look for it at.

Thanks so much for the help!

ChicoChan
03-24-2004, 10:56 AM
eyebrow pencil and lots of power, something to keep the shine on your face down ^_^
I know myself i'm alway running around so i constantly need to touch up make and whatnot..

Kokuu
03-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Dermashield is this product with a shaving cream like consistancy that you apply to your face liberally that prevents you from sweating, and acts like a skin protectant. It works pretty well. I'll have to ask the director at my school where she got it. I think you have to order it from a catalog or online. As for powder, use Ben Nye loose translucent stage makeup powder, which you can find at most costume stores.

mikazuki
03-27-2004, 02:57 PM
http://www.dermashieldusa.com/

bunnybeth
03-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Ok, thanks for the tips! It looks like I have to find a costume shop...

sheenaringo
04-04-2004, 09:24 PM
you can borrow my freckles

bunnybeth
04-06-2004, 10:59 AM
you can borrow my freckles

:D I think freckles are cute!

sheenaringo
04-06-2004, 08:17 PM
yea...so you can only borrow them for a little while