PDA

View Full Version : X-men gathering

aznaphrodite
03-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Is anyone interested in an X-men gathering? Not many gatherings were organized last year so I thought I'd start something this year.

My Psylocke costume will be making another appearance at this year's Comic Con!

Nietsche
03-22-2004, 06:15 PM
I'd like to make an appearance with ma X-man costume...gotta find out whether or not I can jet off to SDCC!

kelldar
03-22-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm definitely planning on bringing my Dark Phoenix !

Rogue Marvel
04-11-2004, 03:20 PM
maybe I'll reconstruct my old x-men evo rogue costume from a few years back

Kickin512
04-16-2004, 01:07 PM
If I can get down there I was thinking of using my Chamber costume.

aznaphrodite
04-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Wow! Chamber! That would be awesome!!!

RuthlessJS
04-16-2004, 03:43 PM
I am working on my bishop costume right now...but I don't think I will be making it to Comic-con. Im wondering if anyone be interested in also doing X-men cosplay at AX..

Kickin512
04-16-2004, 09:28 PM
I feel kinda lame saying its a costume because Chamber is such an easy character. What I would really like to do is get a bunch of people to dress like a Gen-X team. Not old school Gen-X but like a revisiting of them with Husk, Jubilee, Chamber, Synch, and some others who weren't normally on the team.

Sana-chan
05-11-2004, 11:01 PM
if I can get Jubilee back, with a wig this time around, I'll totally do it.

Eurobeat King
05-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Sana-chan: Do you know if the guy who made the amazing X-men costumes you, Alexis, Hui, Bri, Katie, etc. wore in the masquerade last year will be returning this year? It'd be cool if you guys or other cosplayers who can fit the costumes would wear those and walk around the con for everyone to see. :) (Have you heard from him since SDCC2003?)

Sana-chan
05-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Yeah he's coming again. They all are I believe. I wanna see if we can have a "reunion" or whatever and wear them all again lol.

Cherry
05-20-2004, 09:00 PM
I may just pop up for one day as Gambit. ^_^

Bamph
05-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Heh, I may just pop in as Wolverine!...::chuckles::

Cherry
05-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Heh, I may just pop in as Wolverine!...::chuckles::
^_~ You have no choice, mon ami!

Mich
06-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Ooohh,I might be wearing Psylocke too,so it would be cool if we could meet up and be like evil twins or something,and have pics together,,,
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v57/michpowell/Cosplay/ML.jpg

aznaphrodite
06-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Mich - That would be cool! You can be post-scar and I'll be pre-scar! XD

Bamph - Where was that pic taken where there is the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngster plaque?? I want to go!!!

Mich
06-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Mich - That would be cool! You can be post-scar and I'll be pre-scar! XD

Bamph - Where was that pic taken where there is the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngster plaque?? I want to go!!!

Oh yes great idea......aznaphrodite

Rogue Marvel
06-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Change of plans!

I'm currently trying to make an ultimate kitty pryde costume.

Once I get my AX costumes finished I'll work on it and try to get it done by comic con

aznaphrodite
06-23-2004, 09:13 PM
So what day do you want to have this gathering, everyone? Either Friday or Sunday would be best for me.

Rogue Marvel
06-23-2004, 10:16 PM
so far I'm free anyday...as long is it doesn't conflict with a panel or Chris Claremont

Dark Vision
06-24-2004, 03:59 AM
ah X-Men costumes. I will forever be the kewl Beast. I love that costume. I think the guy who made all our comic con X-men costumes is doing Justice League this year. but who knows. All the costumes are tights after all. Its just all the fake mucsles that take up all the room.

Mich
06-25-2004, 01:42 AM
So what day do you want to have this gathering, everyone? Either Friday or Sunday would be best for me.
Well I can only do Thursay.... :lost: :waaaah: ( cos that's when my group wanna do X-Men),blimey it's SO hard trying to fit in with everyone isn't it?

Something Lulu
06-28-2004, 10:08 PM
ah X-Men costumes. I will forever be the kewl Beast. I love that costume. I think the guy who made all our comic con X-men costumes is doing Justice League this year. but who knows. All the costumes are tights after all. Its just all the fake mucsles that take up all the room.

I would love to wear his Psylocke costume again, but I really hope he does Justice League because I really want to be Wonder Woman.

Eurobeat King
06-29-2004, 03:17 AM
SomethingLulu: Oooh, Justice League, huh? Do you know what costumes he's bringing for that? And hopefully he will bring the X-men costumes again and ask you all to wear them. Since NOW they've been shown in the masqy, he can show them in public and it'd be cool to have all of you walk around the convention center as the spandex-version X-men! :D

DarkVision: Maybe this year if you can wear his Beast costume again, I'll get a shot of you doing some crazy acrobatic, hanging-from-one-arm-or-leg pose before you fall and f-- yourself up (which hasn't happened yet, although I've seen you come pretty close.. heehee) ;)

Rogue_Granger
07-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Well, I have a pretty large group of X-People.....on Saturday, we'll have Movie-version Rogue(me), Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Jean Gray, Gambit, and a comic Jubilee....we also have Baby Deathstrike (LOL...8 month old baby subjected to this...) we are doing the ride suits from X2, and my friend Justen has an increadible nightcrawler!
*Also, some of us will be in X-Suits for the RaiderQuest pic on Friday...

Mich
07-06-2004, 06:30 AM
*Also, some of us will be in X-Suits for the RaiderQuest pic on Friday...

It's meeeee Mich from RQ....who are you???
Aren't Zen and Tracy Wolvie and Jean Grey ? Cos that's the group I'm with too as Psylocke.....or are you gonna be with a different group of X-Men?

Nope the X-men group is on Thursday for RQ( I asked Zen)...but a group pic altogether is Friday.......( I'm sure that's how it is)....Or maybe we're just doing a Marvel group......???!!! Gawd!!!

Rogue_Granger
07-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm Rogue_Granger @ RQ too....I just haven't been able to post as much over there. No, we know Zen and Tracy, but we have our seperate group. DragonFyre from RQ is doing Wolvie....I know for sure that he and I will be in our suits on friday for the pic....everyone else will be there Saturday...

aznaphrodite
07-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Hmmm...it looks like everyone is available on different days. Maybe we should do a poll or something...

Something Lulu
07-08-2004, 12:31 AM
SomethingLulu: Oooh, Justice League, huh? Do you know what costumes he's bringing for that? And hopefully he will bring the X-men costumes again and ask you all to wear them.

I e-mailed his friend to find out about JL, and I'm going to ask if he'll at least bring Psylocke for me to wear, because that would be fun.

BatDemon
07-10-2004, 02:10 PM
I e-mailed his friend to find out about JL, and I'm going to ask if he'll at least bring Psylocke for me to wear, because that would be fun.
hey lulu,
i'm working with scott to get the jla costumes ready for san diego. i was over his house working on them when you called on friday. he's looking forward to premiring these at san diego. you can email him at alienatedproductions@yahoo.com or call him at the number you used before. his computer is down, but i can forward anything to him since we'll be up to our eyes in jla costumes for the next two weeks.

Something Lulu
07-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Thanks! My cousin and I are also interested in doing the shipping thing for X-Men. I can't wait to see all the new stuff he's got planned. I'll send an e-mail or call with updates.

aznaphrodite
07-11-2004, 02:52 AM
Something Lulu - If Scott needs an extra female for any of his costumes, please let him know about me! His costumes are great and I'd love to be a part of any of his groups: JL or X-men. Thanks! If you need my number, let me know!

Rogue Marvel
07-11-2004, 04:09 PM
I've been talking to my friend

If she can get enough money for tickets out here (click the link to help donate) She will most likely come as Jean Grey.

Blah..I need to work on my kitty costume

aznaphrodite
07-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Can anyone meet up on Sunday for this gathering?

DarkBlade
07-13-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm going as Dani Moonstar in plain clothes (specifically from the point in time she was healing after the Demon Bear Saga, since I have to use a wheelchair ANYWAY), and Dani as Mirage from her early New Mutants days.

Is there a specific day or two? I've got another costume I'm doing that's not X-Men, (Death of the Endless) but I'd like to catch y'all if possible.

aznaphrodite
07-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Okay, change of plans. I'm going to wear Psylocke on Saturday. Is anyone available for a gathering at 10 am? If so, we can arrange to meet up. Otherwise, I don't want to stand there waiting by myself. >.<

kelldar
07-14-2004, 03:06 PM
I can do saturday - would you guys prefer phoenix or aoa shadowcat?

Mich
07-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Oh poo,
I can only do Psylocke on Thursday( to fit in with my Marvel group)

aznaphrodite
07-15-2004, 01:28 PM
kell - I'd love to see Phoenix! She's one of my fav characters!

Actually, I realized there is an X-men panel from 1-2 pm in Room 5AB. Are people planning to attend? If so, we can meet immediately after the panel to take pictures! It be cool if we cosplayed to the panel as well since it shows Marvel we support X-men.

Rogue Marvel
07-15-2004, 02:06 PM
oh kel

I love your kitty costume!

I want to steal it

I'l try to cosplay at all the marvel panels

Something Lulu
07-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Saturday would work for me on the X-Men gathering, and I'd love to go to the panel with you, aznaphrodite!

aznaphrodite
07-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Okay, I've officially added the X-men panel as our Saturday gathering to the Gathering List.

I know not everyone can make it to that one so if you'd like to organize another day/time, please go ahead. (LOTR is meeting on both Saturday and Sunday to accommodate schedules.) Just let me know once it's finalized and I can add it to the list too.

Mich
07-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Oh right,good idea...I'd like a Thursday one then please?

Rogue_Granger
07-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Saturday works for my group too...thats the only day we'll have our movie-version nightcrawler(cause he doesn't want to go through the make-up on any of the other days)

Reaver
07-18-2004, 05:05 AM
Oh, I am gonna try to finish my Nightcrawler from Xmen Evolution then XD, but I can only come on Thursday too, so can we make one for Thursday? Preferably around 12:00XD

Dark Vision
07-18-2004, 06:07 AM
i'll get to wear the kick ass beast costume again. At the moment my peoples are telling me to wear it sunday, but it'll be nice to wear it saturday too. This is if my Robin costume falls out.

Rogue Marvel
07-18-2004, 12:10 PM
does anyone know if there is a marvel panel everyday?

because if there is we can just meet at those everyday and tkae pictures after

a diffrent gathering everyday! lol

BatDemon
07-18-2004, 11:44 PM
i'll get to wear the kick ass beast costume again. At the moment my peoples are telling me to wear it sunday, but it'll be nice to wear it saturday too. This is if my Robin costume falls out.

if you have a camel pak, fill it up with ice and some water. this is what i did the last couple of times i wore beast. at least your back stays cool and you can work the nozzle up through the mask. i also wore head/wrist bands to keep the sweat out. the gloves have been re-worked since last year, you might like these better.

Reaver
07-19-2004, 03:28 PM
well, Ill be coming as the great blue-faced NihgtCrawler from Xmen Evolution XD

Dark Vision
07-20-2004, 07:16 AM
if you have a camel pak, fill it up with ice and some water. this is what i did the last couple of times i wore beast. at least your back stays cool and you can work the nozzle up through the mask. i also wore head/wrist bands to keep the sweat out. the gloves have been re-worked since last year, you might like these better.

Sweetness. Sadly i broke my 3rd camel pak climbing a fence. But this allows to me ask random people to open my can of soda and put a straw in it for me. Yay, new gloves cuz new stuff is kewl.

Reaver
07-21-2004, 12:58 AM
ok, can we make a gatheing on Thursday? Its the only day Ill be able to make it, how about around 3:00? Sound good for other people?

Reaver
07-21-2004, 04:21 PM
ok, I just sent a request for a pregathering on thursday for Xmen at 4:00, where the unofficial cosplay.om gathering is